Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

JcDent posted:

Wow, I accidentally bought two of the clampack marines with boring heads.

you a done hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That old Space Marine commander set is pretty drat awesome as it has a ton of extra bits you can distribute throughout your army to make unique sergeants, command squads, etc. Definitely worth picking up if you want to pimp out your army.

New one is horrifically overpriced even by GW standards, don't get it. Note it's 'only' £18 not £24 as stated earlier. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Captain

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
£18 for a single character model?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahah!!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Moola posted:

you a done hosed up

At a fundamental level.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Zark the Damned posted:

That old Space Marine commander set is pretty drat awesome as it has a ton of extra bits you can distribute throughout your army to make unique sergeants, command squads, etc. Definitely worth picking up if you want to pimp out your army.

New one is horrifically overpriced even by GW standards, don't get it. Note it's 'only' £18 not £24 as stated earlier. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Captain

Yeah, I dunno why would anyone buy that when the captain has that many options. Like I said, I have two - I'm not good with ebay - and they're just super bland.

The commander is great at 14, especially if you can easily replace the stupid back pack.

Fish and Chimps posted:

£18 for a single character model?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahah!!

Not like GW is the only one in that regard. But Warmahordes probably have a better ruleset and an overall army is probably cheaper (I never cared, so I never counted)

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Well the warcaster is metal and actually has some effects going on.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Terrible Opinions posted:

Well the warcaster is metal and actually has some effects going on.

I really hate metal and I hope Corvus Belli gets big enough for plastic soon.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Moola posted:

jesus how young are you???

It's terrifying to realize that someone old enough to drink in the US (21) has pretty much never lived in a world without Internet connectivity.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

JcDent posted:

TerribleOpinions parachute account spotted.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

berzerkmonkey posted:

It's terrifying to realize that someone old enough to drink in the US (21) has pretty much never lived in a world without Internet connectivity.

I mean even at 26 I can barely remember a time before the internet. By the time I was old enough to even begin to comprehend what it is, my parents had gotten their first lovely internet connection.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LordAba posted:

Not a mini yet but:

Bang-Bang and Mr Milky.

Renders of the minis have been unveiled

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Zark the Damned posted:

Why does the cow have penis-arms?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Why does the cow have penis-arms?

anime

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Zark the Damned posted:

Time to get this Perdita Oretga proxy :pervert:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

JcDent posted:

There's a time and a place for metal. But hard plastic really is best.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Atlas Hugged posted:

There's a time and a place for metal. But hard plastic really is best.

The time is always and the place is in the trash

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'd take metal over resin. I've been playing and putting various games together for ten years (nothing compared to some of you I know) and the first resin I ran into was assembling Shadows of Brimstone figures and that's when I found out the glue I was working with didn't dry quickly with resin.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Len posted:

I'd take metal over resin. I've been playing and putting various games together for ten years (nothing compared to some of you I know) and the first resin I ran into was assembling Shadows of Brimstone figures and that's when I found out the glue I was working with didn't dry quickly with resin.

It really depends on the sculpt. I've worked with some restic stuff that was fine and casting it in metal wouldn't have improved it.

Edit: I should also say it depends on the formula because yeah if it doesn't work with your glue that blows.

Atlas Hugged fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 3, 2017

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ranking of minis material goes like this.

old indestructible bendy plastic of old D&D WotC minis > Bones plastic > hard plastic > pewter > straight up lead > cardboard standees > paper tokens >animal bones > paper mache > resin > restic/finecast

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

JcDent posted:

Yeah, I dunno why would anyone buy that when the captain has that many options. Like I said, I have two - I'm not good with ebay - and they're just super bland.

The commander is great at 14, especially if you can easily replace the stupid back pack.

Not like GW is the only one in that regard. But Warmahordes probably have a better ruleset and an overall army is probably cheaper (I never cared, so I never counted)

that warmachine dude shows up for me as $20, while the metal space marine captain goes for 30 freedom bucks

JcDent
May 13, 2013

He's not metal. The only metal stuff that's left in GW range is really showing its age (and Vostroyans, who are perfect).

You could make the case that hams gives you more options in assembly (as THE wmh player at FLGS likes to pount out, you don't get bitz with WMH)...

Ah, what the hell. It's a boring, overpriced model and I would not have ever bought it new. It might have detail or whatever, but it is very static otherwise, and the way he holds the gun reminds me too much of old and lovely models.

I bet Kirby had something to do with it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
$30 bucks for a plastic man whos pose reminds me of the super old captain tycho model? :catstare:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

JcDent posted:

You could make the case that hams gives you more options in assembly (as THE wmh player at FLGS likes to pount out, you don't get bitz with WMH)...

Unfortunately this just isn't true anymore. Most GW releases in the past couple of years have been very monopose. If there's any choice in assembly, it's something relatively minor like a different head or a weapon.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Unfortunately this just isn't true anymore. Most GW releases in the past couple of years have been very monopose. If there's any choice in assembly, it's something relatively minor like a different head or a weapon.

So Mantic is making better kits these days?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Lol mantic.

In other news, GIRLYMAN LIVES!

Horrible, just horrible

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

JcDent posted:

Lol mantic.

Horrible, just horrible

Needs more swirly bits.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

JcDent posted:

Lol mantic.

Horrible, just horrible

That's a pretty Slaaneshi Ultramarine.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

JcDent posted:

Lol mantic.

Horrible, just horrible

AHAHAHHAA

it looks like a loving Pop Vinyl figure

lmao

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Yeah, customizability was what got me into warhams before price drove me out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

JcDent posted:

Lol mantic.

Horrible, just horrible

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

JcDent posted:

Lol mantic.

Horrible, just horrible

Gross

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait, this looks like an actual human being, IN MY WARHAMS?

JcDent posted:

Lol mantic.

Horrible, just horrible

Ah, much better. :v:

But seriously, the first one looks like a design for a character in a movie or something where a real live human would have to at least do the mocap (in other words, a well designed nerd statue), while the new one looks like something Blizzard rejected for the next WoW expansion for having too many fiddly bits.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Robby was always described as having the fanciest of armour. I haven't played 40k in forever, who are the swirlycloak darkpast mans next to him?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Cypher.

Check out the size of that sword.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Moola posted:

AHAHAHHAA

it looks like a loving Pop Vinyl figure

lmao

From bizarro world maybe. "In Bizarro World heads am tiny and feet and hands am super deformed."

E: I am starting to realize why this new stuff is bumming me out. It's still ever more Space Marine stuff(tm). Yes there is Eldar stuff as well, but this seemingly unending focus on Space Marines is so boring. I get it, Space Marines are popular, SRM is probably loving this stuff and good on him for loving what he loves; but I wish they would stop spotlighting their golden boys and almost exclusively their golden boys. They aren't interesting unless you are into the fluff of Space Marines. I liked Orks because they were just Orks. No real politics, just shooting and fighting. I don't want to know the courtly intrigue of white ubermensch in invulnerable power armour. Give me grit, give me low fantasy. Abnett was the one of the few to do Space Marines properly. They terrify normal people and just one Chaos Marine was a huge problem. Stories of all but infallible god-men punching each other forever until the end of time is deadly dull.

Yup. It's true I'm getting annoyed with space barbies. Please be sure to call me out on it, and don't forget to cite the length of my post and just how butt-hurt I am on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most butt-hurt. TIA.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 3, 2017

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

JcDent posted:

Lol mantic.

Horrible, just horrible

Are those torches on his feet?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Indolent Bastard posted:

Stories of all but infallible god-men punching each other forever until the end of time is deadly dull.
I'd like to point out that you're wrong here since Jojo's bizarre adventure exists. But, GW writing and art could never really come close to the writing and fashion sense of Hirohiko Araki so you'd be right.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

JcDent posted:

Lol mantic.

Horrible, just horrible

oops almost forgot

im the tactical staff rock

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

I'd like to point out that you're wrong here since Jojo's bizarre adventure exists. But, GW writing and art could never really come close to the writing and fashion sense of Hirohiko Araki so you'd be right.

I try to ignore your sick Anime obsession as you're mostly a cool dude, but Jojo's is just as poo poo as all other Anime so you'll win no points using that as a comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Indolent Bastard posted:

I try to ignore your sick Anime obsession as you're mostly a cool dude, but Jojo's is just as poo poo as all other Anime so you'll win no points using that as a comparison.

:eyepop: