Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chicken Run ain't having none of this Valentine's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Pepe Le Pew there at the bottom to teach kids to keep trying to make them your valentine even after they say no

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Right at the bottom too, so they can catch them at a young age.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This is perhaps not the most appropriate venue for Larry the Cucumber.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

It's not even Larry confessing he loves you, he's just passing along the message that God loves you.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I imagine the Robot and Horton are both looking at each other.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Wow, this puts a different spin on Horton's expression.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
There's definitely a love story in Horton Hears A Who. Sadly it's one that can never be physically fulfilled :smith:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Das Boo posted:

Meg and Kuzco are the best Disney princesses, bar none.

Kuzco owns, but unlike Meg, he's not the best part of his movie. Not because he's bad but because everything is is amazing.

That said, Kronk is the best part of ENG, hands down.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Drifter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U496dSv2k_g

I really think the original movie looks better. It just has so much more soul

Yeah. It also has more color than just cold and bluish and gold and orangish. Though I'm sure those color choices were intentional since that seems to be the style these days.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Spotted on Imgur:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
:shittypop:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Drifter posted:

Ugh.

Last time my sister was here we talked about this movie, and she was looking forward to it while I was badmouthing it, and I don't remember how the conversation went but basically she said "well what do you even want from a live action Beauty and the Beast?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4thpfJpBYjk

Some imagination, some colours, a new story, nothing much really.

She agreed with me after seeing this trailer, the Disney reboot looks boring.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Oh man, I forgot this movie existed, thank you for reminding me.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Spotted on Imgur:

:shittypop:

I see what's happening here. You're face to face with greatness and it's strange. You don't even know how to feel, it's adorable! Well it's nice to see that humans never change.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Hedrigall posted:

I see what's happening here. You're face to face with greatness and it's strange. You don't even know how to feel, it's adorable! Well it's nice to see that humans never change.

:shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop::shittypop:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I killed an eel
I buried its guts
Sprouted a tree, now you got coconuts
What’s the lesson
What is the take-away
Don’t mess with Maui when he’s on the break-away
I’m in the cabinet I am complicit in watching him grabbing at power and

wait

hrrm

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
B&TB soundtrack:

1. Overture – Alan Menken (3:05)
2. Main Title: Prologue, Pt. 1 – Alan Menken (0:42)
3. Aria – Audra McDonald (1:02)
4. Main Title: Prologue, Pt. 2 – Alan Menken (2:21)
5. Belle – Emma Watson, Luke Evans & Ensemble – Beauty and the Beast (5:33)
6. How Does a Moment Last Forever (Music Box) – Kevin Kline (1:03)
7. Belle (Reprise) – Emma Watson (1:15)
8. Gaston – Josh Gad, Luke Evans & Ensemble – Beauty and the Beast (4:25)
9. Be Our Guest – Ewan McGregor, Emma Thompson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Ian McKellen (4:48)
10. Days in the Sun – Adam Mitchell, Stanley Tucci, Ewan McGregor, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson, Emma Watson, Audra McDonald & Clive Rowe (2:40)
11. Something There – Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Ewan McGregor, Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson, Nathan Mack & Gugu Mbatha-Raw (2:54)
12. How Does a Moment Last Forever (Montmartre) – Emma Watson (1:55)
13. Beauty and the Beast – Emma Thompson (3:19)
14. Evermore – Dan Stevens (3:14)
15. The Mob Song – Luke Evans, Josh Gad, Ensemble – Beauty and the Beast, Emma Thompson, Ian McKellen, Stanley Tucci, Nathan Mack, Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Ewan McGregor (2:28)
16. Beauty and the Beast (Finale) – Audra McDonald, Emma Thompson & Ensemble – Beauty and the Beast (2:14)
17. How Does a Moment Last Forever – Cιline Dion (3:37)
18. Beauty and the Beast – Ariana Grande & John Legend (3:47)
19. Evermore – Josh Groban (3:09)

The Beast gets a new song, I'm in :swoon:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Wow, that French version from 2014 actually looks A LOT more visually interesting.

And since it's French, they probably show Belle getting catdicked like straight on - so it's, you know, good for that crowd, too. :catstare:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 3, 2017

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalCrackersMovie/posts/641444559372837

Apparently Animal Crackers is still happening.

Maybe?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

And since it's French, they probably show Belle getting catdicked like straight on - so it's, you know, good for that crowd, too. :catstare:

Catdick? Like a feline private investigator? Blacksad is French, you're right, but I'm not sure what that has to do with Beauty and the Beast.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The bf wants to watch Lion King with me tonight, aw gee ain't i the luckiest :3:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Looks like they're having distributor issues

quote:

Unfortunately, Hollywood is filled with some bad people. Mean people. People who lie and cheat and steal.

SO... we have to wait.

We have scheduled for September 1, 2017 now. Labor Day Weekend. And we're hoping to have all of the "bad stuff" over with by the time the music and sound are done.

April 1.

I wish we could tell you all more. One day, maybe we'll write a book of all the adventures and misadventures in making a movie.

quote:

Unfortunately they're the gatekeepers. The ones that get the film from us to you all.

quote:

Ha. No. Can't name names. But we've encountered the whole gamut of dirty deeds in Hollywood. And we're still standing. So there's that.

At the end of the day... there's people who just look out for their own interests and don't care about how they hurt all of us who've been working on the film for 3 years now.

The good news is. We'll have it all back in a week or two and move on. But the delay really hurt us financially.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 3, 2017

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Drifter posted:

'Kay, I just got around to watching this and I just want to flip a goddamn table over this weird loving trend where the female lead is apparently a FF: Spirits Within model and can't emote because wrinkles are ugly and women have to be PREEEEETTYYYAAAUGH.
THE CARTOON IS OUTPERFORMING YOU, WOMAN. :fuckoff:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Dan Stevens is the beast. He can do no wrong so the film has to be at least half good.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Das Boo posted:

'Kay, I just got around to watching this and I just want to flip a goddamn table over this weird loving trend where the female lead is apparently a FF: Spirits Within model and can't emote because wrinkles are ugly and women have to be PREEEEETTYYYAAAUGH.
THE CARTOON IS OUTPERFORMING YOU, WOMAN. :fuckoff:

isn't that more of a direction issue than an acting issue? You know, like how even Ewan McGregor was boring as poo poo in the Star Wars prequels because Lucas is very bad at directing people?

Then again, I haven't seen any of the movies Watson has done outside of Harry Potter so I can't really judge her

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Drifter posted:

Wow, that French version from 2014 actually looks A LOT more visually interesting.

Christophe Ganz movies tend to look visually interesting but that's usually all there is to them. On the other hand there's no Ariana Grande songs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Looks like they're having distributor issues

I tend not to trust anyone who refers to their business partners as "mean" in the same tone as a literal 5 year old.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Hedrigall posted:

Catdick? Like a feline private investigator? Blacksad is French, you're right, but I'm not sure what that has to do with Beauty and the Beast.

Though Blacksad was Spanish, actually...

But yeah... I deny know how to feel about this new BatB. It's an opportunity to update the bits of the original story that I didn't really like, but it just looks so... empty in the trailer.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just saw Lego Batman and it was loving phenomenal

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
How'd you get to see it already?!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Comes out on Thurs/Fri here in the UK but there are also some screenings this weekend. Had to sit through almost 50 minutes of ads and trailers, which I guess is the trade-off.

I'd say LEGO Movie is still the better movie and has more legitimate heart etc but this one is prettier and way way funnier.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Just saw Lego Batman and it was loving phenomenal

Good. I've loved all the trailers but a lot of that is just Will Arnett as Batman.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Escobarbarian posted:

I'd say LEGO Movie is still the better movie and has more legitimate heart etc but this one is prettier and way way funnier.

Whoa, man, I dunno, LEGO Movie is loving hysterical, I'm not really sure another movie is even allowed to be funnier. Like, they had a non-sequitur where Han Solo flew by to pick up Batman, how can LEGO Batman be funnier than that?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
How could it be funnier than FAMOUS IP picking up ANOTHER FAMOUS IP?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

Though Blacksad was Spanish, actually...

It's made by spaniards but published by a french publisher.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Escobarbarian posted:

Comes out on Thurs/Fri here in the UK but there are also some screenings this weekend. Had to sit through almost 50 minutes of ads and trailers, which I guess is the trade-off.

I love the LEGO movie because it's about my favourite thing and how people relate to it.

This movie seems to be about Batman, who's kind of a jerkass. In other words, it doesn't have anything to say about LEGO.

Does that seem right?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Just look at it as another medium to tell stories.

Like I could go for 30 more movies in the weird taxidermy style of Fantastic Mr Fox. They don't even have to be about british animals pulling heists

although 30 more movies about that too please

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 5, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't have as much thematic Lego stuff as Lego Movie, no, but it does manage to include more than I was expecting, especially in the climax. Plus it continues the feeling that Lego Movie had of just feeling like a kid playing with Lego but on a massive scale (except it's not actually a part of the plot this time). Don't really wanna say too much because there was a lot that surprised/delighted me and I want everyone else to have those feelings too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

My younger cousins hated that ending in the vein of, "Why should we give a poo poo about some live-action kid, please get just go back to the LEGO."

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 5, 2017