Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Set up chrome remote desktop on your phone so you can check for crashes every 30 minutes every once in a while and correct as needed.

From days ago, but thanks for reminding me this exists. Now I don't even have to go downstairs when I wake up in the middle of the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget today is the last day to awaken Ariana waifu to 6 stars and get the mats to craft all her gear. It all goes away at server reset tonight and may not come back around. It's not a heavy lift to do this, but you may need an NRG refresh this late in the day to get it done. If you are crafting her gear, be sure to craft two microphones, two gloves, a dress, and a bunny hat.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of, is the name of the last Ariana quest hosed up right now?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Best place to farm the awakening mats is doing the lowest level one over and over again right?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Best place to farm the awakening mats is doing the lowest level one over and over again right?

Yessir. I also brought in a Locke.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Unoriginal One posted:

I find myself tempted to start shoving cactuars into Yun just so I can help goons live out their Chocobro dreams

What's that got to do with Noct?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shoenin posted:

If you're crafting gear, I think you get more musical notes in the harder difficulty levels, but I can't remember.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the best place to get the awakening mats is the lowest energy mission, yes

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

What's that got to do with Noct?

Never heard it used until after Yun popped up, made assumptions.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody get Nintendo's Fire Emblem gacha game that came out today? I have no desire to get it, but I'm curious how it compares to FFBE's gacha.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Cartoon Man posted:

Anybody get Nintendo's Fire Emblem gacha game that came out today? I have no desire to get it, but I'm curious how it compares to FFBE's gacha.

There's a gacha system for dudes upto 5* base (~3% for a 5*) but when a character levels up the stat gains are mostly random too, so it's possible to be double hosed by rng (though a way to get stats up to their caps may exist, but that means more resources)

Art is nice and combat is fun so far though!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cartoon Man posted:

I tried it out, although it apparently doesn't work long-term with Nox. Gacha rates are better (6% for a banner 5*, with odds increasing the more you pull), and since it just came out it felt like rerolling didn't really matter. Combat is a simplified version of FE combat, maps are very small and for as long as I played it didn't have any deep nuances to it. I dunno, it feels solid, like FFRK.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

If FFBE is a Brave Frontier successor, then FE: Heroes is basically Phantom of the Kill but less bullshit. Time will tell if it stays less bullshit, but for now, having a proper rolling gacha is already a huge step past any Gumi game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive been rerolling my account a few times, i got one with a 4* tiki and camilla which i really wanted to keep, but it appears that theres some special version of 5* tiki so back to the reroll mines for me. i was tempted to just go gently caress it but after playing BE for ages and ages with no base 5* i decided to save myself the later misery with some current misery. hell yeah misery!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That surprise arena reset was something.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

5 orbs per summon, except you can summon in batches up to 5 with discounts for each subsequent pull. So you go from 5 orbs > 4 orbs > 4 orbs > 4 orbs > 3 orbs, for a total of 20 orbs instead of 25 if you do all 5 at once. When you initially pull on the summon before deciding if you're going to do a batch, you have 5 coloured spheres randomly determined, which correspond to the types of unit pools (red, blue, green, colourless). So you can pull once, get a lovely arrangement of colours you're not looking for, then back out and try again later.

Every time you don't receive a 5* (or every 5 pull, I forget exactly) the pull rate for 5* in future pulls goes up on that specific banner until you pull a 5*. You can see the % go up if you click on details on the banner which lists the % chance pull rate.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

That surprise arena reset was something.

And here's our good friend, no black magic.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Freebie: Gold: 4* Rosa.
Yun Banner: Blue: Gold: 4* Firion.

Fukkin' RNG. :argh:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cartoon Man posted:

Rates aren't bad. I rerolled to get a specific dude and got more than one 5* along the way, from what I can tell any unit can reach 5* status so getting a base 5* mostly just saves you the time investment in leveling and upgrading dudes of your choice. Taking multiple rolls at once gives you a discount on the next rolls so it goes like 5>4>4>4>3 and you can only take a maximum of 5 at a time.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

PaybackJack posted:

This is where triple Exdeath is powerful.

No restrictions? Dual black magic whatever for elemental chains.
No magic combos? Black magic whatever for elemental chains.
No black magic? Wicked Light for elemental chains.
No magic? Earth Shaker for elemental chains.

I could level my fourth Exdeath to participate as well, but Noctis does just fine. Especially when Blizzard Flask is legal.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I just use Boo! on my Exdeath whenever there's a week like this. If they don't die to the rest of my AOE, guess I'll just paralze them.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
I'll have to give keeping my exdeaths in like that cause jesus is this a slog without chaining Meteor. I'm so used to 1 or maybe 2 round fights that go by nice and quick that it feels like a massive drag when they bleed out to 5 plus rounds all because I pulled a Cecil with a billion hp that Curajas every turn.

I popped in ling so I could combine her with noctis fire or ice flask to drop a ton of status effects on dudes instead of trying to chop away at hps but I'm starting to think I'd be better off with like dk Cecil instead since he can at least hit all units at once. Torn between swapping out cod or ling for him though

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
My last free roll was Sabin #1 million and the half price roll was Edgar #5.

Goddamn I hate how lovely the majority of the characters in this game are.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
My highest TMR at the moment is RIzer at 60%

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hagie posted:

My highest TMR at the moment is RIzer at 60%

One of my TM farm team units is up to 90% one refuses to stop being at 85%. So close to getting started on zidanes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

One of my TM farm team units is up to 90% one refuses to stop being at 85%. So close to getting started on zidanes.

Wait till it gets to 99.9%. Had a cheezewhiz go 40 rounds before she procced 100%.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I have yet to see a .1% in the low energy typical TMR grind, I have better luck just doing regular poo poo. It's not NRG effective, but it gets results.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Then there's the excitement of getting a bunch of TMs done at around the same time and then the immediate sadness of see your next highest TMR sitting at twenty something %.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
The free summon banner has been giving me nothing but 3* junk so far. But for today's pull, not only did a gold crystal come down, but it smashed and reformed into a rainbow! Holy poo poo! Hopefully it's a real one and not... Faris. :geno:

Welp, you get what you pay for, I guess. But this is my first troll rainbow out of three total, so I haven't had it bad, really. Plus, I at least got a Ling out of yesterday's half-price summon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
In a few hours people get to pull for SoM characters, though to be honest none of them are very good and even with enhancements we'll never be able to make Randi break the game due to lack of doublehand materia stacking.

PaybackJack posted:

CoD/Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Cecil for Darkside + 3x earthshaker or wicked light plus support to maybe 2-3 round enemies if I don't get shut the gently caress down by a Noct instantly, or killed by people who actually have dual wield. Yay... :geno:

rabidsquid posted:

ive been rerolling my account a few times, i got one with a 4* tiki and camilla which i really wanted to keep, but it appears that theres some special version of 5* tiki so back to the reroll mines for me. i was tempted to just go gently caress it but after playing BE for ages and ages with no base 5* i decided to save myself the later misery with some current misery. hell yeah misery!

I have Tiki at level 14 or 15 and unless she gets some serious stat gains at higher levels she's going to be solidly mediocre in the long run. Chrom has her beaten in every single stat except res at this point, and that 4-5 point difference doesn't make up for his other stats being higher. It'll be interesting to see how the tier lists actually finalize because I'm not seeing how she could possibly be SS tier unless the people making those lists think her post-attack heal of adjacent allies is better than it actually is.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Fluffy posted:

I have Tiki at level 14 or 15 and unless she gets some serious stat gains at higher levels she's going to be solidly mediocre in the long run. Chrom has her beaten in every single stat except res at this point, and that 4-5 point difference doesn't make up for his other stats being higher. It'll be interesting to see how the tier lists actually finalize because I'm not seeing how she could possibly be SS tier unless the people making those lists think her post-attack heal of adjacent allies is better than it actually is.

i ended up rerolling and getting a 5* Camilla who was pretty good for awhile and now in the teens gets one shot by so much stuff she's hard to keep alive, but i got a 5* Lucina who is just continuing to murder the poo poo out of everything. the free orbs for beating levels is a pretty good trickle allowing for two more five pulls already but unless they are pretty generous with events or something i can see the actual ability to pull units slowing down a lot after finishing the story missions.

when banners are bad in this game i notice how much less frequent posts the thread gets so it really seems like the carrot is very important in these gacha games

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

rabidsquid posted:

when banners are bad in this game i notice how much less frequent posts the thread gets so it really seems like the carrot is very important in these gacha games

That's one thing Global really has working against it; the 6 month lead time that JP has coupled with the ease of information transfer that the internet provides means they can't rely on the flashiness of the banner characters themselves to drive sales the way Japan can: LoM fans in Japan might have pulled like crazy on this banner and only figured out the characters are of limited utility later, but by the time the banner hits here the character quality is common knowledge and that offsets the draw of the characters significantly. I mean, it's good for the players, but it's got to be a thorn in the side of the developers.

As a side note, I drew a Primm and will put her up as my leader unit for the event. My ID: 547 642 922

You'll want at least one solid magic source to deal with the Dread Slime, and the Mana Beast is a motherfucker - may need your A game to deal with it. Pro is a breeze if you're not just starting out.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Dumped my half price pull, plus two tickets into this banner, and got my first base 5*!

Sharing bonus units is caring. Except for all those noodles that I need to beat ELT.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

PaybackJack posted:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I got Randi! Add me at 534, 684, 458 for farming.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I miss the free summons. But hey, at least this event is bullshittingly easy :shepface: I can beat all but the last difficulty (excepting that slime) just by hitting auto. The last one I need to heal. 200 candy without any modifiers. :shrug:

EDIT: Yo what's up? The mail box broke. I clicked "claim all" and several stacks of gigantaur and attack pots I couldn't fit in my inventory are just loving gone.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Feb 3, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
200 for Elt fuckin hell

Farming Pro for another event yet again.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
For the sake of statistics, take notes on how often the rabites appear for you (ADV and above) over the course of the event. It'll be interesting. Try keeping it day by day so we see if they fiddled with spawnchances, like they definitely did with Doublicorn.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 3, 2017

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

ExDeath definitely showing who's the best magic tree in this event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
These are my early statistics over 5 runs PRO and 5 runs ELT with the same composition:

PRO: 36,9 ELT: 43,9 (per NRG)

Encountered zero rabbits after 10 runs.

• Locked thread