Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Who hurt you my friend?

oh. I only hope some day Minimalist Program answers for their crimes :saddowns:

Heh yeah you got me, I sure posted a few times in that thread when it wasn't the same 5 people over and over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Oh, since someone asked:

Join us in DuckTales Online!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

spudsbuckley posted:

Also, daily updates by that one goonette whos entire life seems to be drama after drama.

I just opened the last page of that thread and without reading a single post - it's that Max Landis looking motherfucker, isn't it.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Thank youuuuu

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

EmmyOk posted:

Hahahaha

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

The story of the artist behind the hitlerpot is kinda interesting. It's OT, but here's an article.

This was fascinating. It's like how some goons latch on to the idea that everything awful is couched in so many layers of irony that it must secretly be genius.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Holy poo poo, I remember people talking about DuckTales Online in college like that was going to be a real thing. :psyduck:

food court bailiff posted:

This was fascinating. It's like how some goons latch on to the idea that everything awful is couched in so many layers of irony that it must secretly be genius.

And people still cling to the idea that the artist's beliefs aren't sincere, just performance art. The news just made me more suspicious of ironic bigotry, or bigotry played off for laughs.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

EmmyOk posted:

Who hurt you my friend?

lol

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's only so much anyone can say about coffee pot protocol.

Except for the fact that its AWESOME

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

Jesus, 2 weeks, 2 handles of liquor and 123 pages of....something. God drat, I've spent waaay too much time with you people. I recognized an embarrassing amount of names. Met some of you IRL, many more through games, video chat and the "lets text each other threads". A very common theme has been alcoholism, drug abuse and insanity. If it happened in TCC I was there. All the stories have become wildly exxagerated. Phenazepam aka "Da joose" was hilarious but at the time there were numerous serious posts constantly pointing out how dangerous it was. The ocarina that transported you to the hospital was a particular brans of fake weed. "Have you tried LSD my nigga" was equally overblown. The addict, sunburnt aphid was very likely full of poo poo. After dozens of "go to rehab" posts Hondarider casually mentions replacing heroin with LSD and people flipped poo poo. He was insane so he flipped out, doxxed whoever he could and ran away. Ironically he just gave me all of his info and was like "Don't doxx me bro". Maybe i should have, i was hosed up. I don't know. Peddogate on reddit was amazing. Being given a box of free drugs in a Walgreen's parking lot was surreal. Meeting up with local goons and getting wasted was loving awesome. Slept on a lot of great couches. Leaving a goon in a bar while he took on all the bouncers was fun. The death threats, the creepy hookups. Shaking down drunk college kids for blow. Multiple instances of impersonating a millitary officer. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Had a lot of great times here.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
For what it's worth, sunburnt aphid came back and posted at least once, years later. I don't think anyone brought up who they were. I wasn't gonna call attention to her but was happy to see she was alive enough to post.

Looks like the post is in the archives and not her post history so I guess you'll just have to believe me.

- Jeffrey, keeper of the goon oral history, 2nd era

Jeffrey of YOSPOS has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Feb 3, 2017

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

Sorry for essentially a double post but sunburnt aphid always struck me as a half rear end troll. The heroin thread was the dog catching the car and not knowing what to do with it. She claimed to be injecting several grams of black tar heroin a day while sleeping on the streets. Lots of actual users pointed out how insane/unbelievable her numbers were. Half a gram of heroin a day can leave you half awake and not posting. She claimed to be doing 5-8 grams a day. While posting coherently from a phone and not explaining how she earned 300-1000 dollars a day. Everyone involved came out looking foolish.

Also: vendagoat, you and I video chatted quite a bit. I was under a different name. I was chugging scotch and shooting up my apartment with a bb gun while shirtless. I don't remember what we talked about.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TheHistoryChannel posted:

Also: vendagoat, you and I video chatted quite a bit. I was under a different name. I was chugging scotch and shooting up my apartment with a bb gun while shirtless. I don't remember what we talked about.

Oh god! My forums Cred!

Shut up, shut up, shut up!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If anything that improved it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Was that the girl that said her muscles were too hard to get the syringe in?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

She's the one who hondarider famously told to try LSD.

hondarider went to SS after that I guess but....imo he's welcome to post in gbs

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

She's the one who hondarider famously told to try LSD.

hondarider went to SS after that I guess but....imo he's welcome to post in gbs

GBS is full of either Nazis or people pretending to be Nazis right now so he wouldn't even cause a ripple

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I don't think that's a fair characterization but I'd advise most folks to avoid the politics threads in there regardless.

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Was that the girl that said her muscles were too hard to get the syringe in?

Yep. I really think that's why the saga ended so quick. The lie was too big. She claimed to be unable to find a vein, hard spots from sleeping on concrete, constantly in withdrawals. Yet her phone posting was readable and was boiled down to "Totes wanna do heroin, oh well. Back to sleeping in the streets". A real addict would have hawked the phone and be voraciously gobbling dick for dollars. When actual goons post during actual withdrawals it usually details trips from bed to toilet and how they wish they were dead.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Guy Mann posted:

To be fair trying to argue that the site had become "too liberal" and instituting a widespread moderation coup in response to that just days before Trump's inauguration was some really, really unfortunate timing in hindsight. Especially right on the heels of saying we should be more like Kiwifarms only to have them doxx a bunch of our users and then shut down.

Eh, I'm pretty sure Lowtax's point is that the Something Awful forums, the forums of a comedy website, should tell jokes again. Photoshop Phriday was basically THE thing that this forum was known for. "Hey we should do that again" is definitely a good idea.

Kiwifarms turning out to be babies is...I don't even really know what to say about that. They couldn't even do doxxing right so I'm kind of thinking "hey so how about that Photoshop thing? That was a good thing we used to do. Can we do that again?"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I'll never understand the people who see everyone else having fun in the thread and pop in to go "THIS ISN'T FUNNY, THE GAME ISN'T REAL"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah his thoughts were that the moderators were hammering people with probations and bans based on ideology and it turns out they were just policing lovely concern trolling and other sorts of negative attention gathering.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TheHistoryChannel posted:

Jesus, 2 weeks, 2 handles of liquor and 123 pages of....something. God drat, I've spent waaay too much time with you people. I recognized an embarrassing amount of names. Met some of you IRL, many more through games, video chat and the "lets text each other threads". A very common theme has been alcoholism, drug abuse and insanity. If it happened in TCC I was there. All the stories have become wildly exxagerated. Phenazepam aka "Da joose" was hilarious but at the time there were numerous serious posts constantly pointing out how dangerous it was. The ocarina that transported you to the hospital was a particular brans of fake weed. "Have you tried LSD my nigga" was equally overblown. The addict, sunburnt aphid was very likely full of poo poo. After dozens of "go to rehab" posts Hondarider casually mentions replacing heroin with LSD and people flipped poo poo. He was insane so he flipped out, doxxed whoever he could and ran away. Ironically he just gave me all of his info and was like "Don't doxx me bro". Maybe i should have, i was hosed up. I don't know. Peddogate on reddit was amazing. Being given a box of free drugs in a Walgreen's parking lot was surreal. Meeting up with local goons and getting wasted was loving awesome. Slept on a lot of great couches. Leaving a goon in a bar while he took on all the bouncers was fun. The death threats, the creepy hookups. Shaking down drunk college kids for blow. Multiple instances of impersonating a millitary officer. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Had a lot of great times here.

lmfao

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah his thoughts were that the moderators were hammering people with probations and bans based on ideology and it turns out they were just policing lovely concern trolling and other sorts of negative attention gathering.
Sometimes "why do we even need bullshit laws and authorities ruining things? lets just build a good community by being responsible and doing what we want and having good times and being cool to each other" has to happen so that the survivors can say "ohhh, so thats why we have a social contract". It's like the cycle of life.

That's how some of my favorite threads and sagas start, "Some goons/libertarians/anarchists want to make a utopian commune/hackerspace/forum/seastead! :munch:" because its like watching a new performance of a classic vaudeville skit. History may not always repeat itself, but it always rhymes.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Syd Midnight posted:

That's how some of my favorite threads and sagas start, "Some goons/libertarians/anarchists want to make a utopian commune/hackerspace/forum/seastead! :munch:" because its like watching a new performance of a classic vaudeville skit. History may not always repeat itself, but it always rhymes.

Now I need the furry cyborg utopia thread.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3427893

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bless you.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Someone should assemble a glossary of these sagas with various summaries written by people. It would be an interesting megapost.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Heath posted:

Someone should assemble a glossary of these sagas with various summaries written by people. It would be an interesting megapost.

Goon project: Update SAclopedia to mention all the poo poo from this thread!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What's your user text from? I always wonder when I read it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They're Total Recall references to make a now years-out-of-date joke about the characteristic t-rex arms and poor plot pacing of Dick Tracey.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The weird thalidomide-arms have always been the best part of newspaper Dick Tracy

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Powaqoatse posted:

Goon project: Update SAclopedia to mention all the poo poo from this thread!

I'm interested to find out how this will end up endangering children's lives.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pre:
EXT: oregon favela              Year 2018

A GOON walks north on those
    streets (obvs bc the drone shadow).
    INNOCENT CHILD is walking the
    other way, directly.

GOON
        check out the SAclopedia,
        lol

INNOCENT CHILD
        gently caress you goon

GOON
        but stairs..?
        and bases maybe?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Proposal: compile goon lore into new SAclopedia that is easy to navigate for viewing and fun

Reality: a man emerges from a portable outhouse on a middle school soccer field. grabbing the nearest child by the shoulders, he shakes him madly, "my nigga have you read about Two Worlds???"

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Heath posted:

Proposal: compile goon lore into new SAclopedia that is easy to navigate for viewing and fun

Someone made a QCS thread asking that SAclopedia be converted into a wiki and lowtax said that was a great idea and OP could get right on that and let us all know when he was done.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Heath posted:

Reality: a man emerges from a portable outhouse on a middle school soccer field. grabbing the nearest child by the shoulders, he shakes him madly, "my nigga have you read about Two Worlds???"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Scudworth posted:

Someone made a QCS thread asking that SAclopedia be converted into a wiki and lowtax said that was a great idea and OP could get right on that and let us all know when he was done.

nice. a sanctioned goon project

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Scudworth posted:

well it would bring the thing up to date, but on the other hand it is worth bothering with?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I Said No posted:

well it would bring the thing up to date, but on the other hand it is worth bothering with?

start the wiki & we'll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
:thejoke: