Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
dkc3 is just boring as hell in like all aspects and its the worst when it comes to things you have to collect but it did give us Parry The Parallel Bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

dkc3 is just boring as hell in like all aspects and its the worst when it comes to things you have to collect but it did give us Parry The Parallel Bird

3 is better tahn 2. Period

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
The pirat etheme is stupid and I hate it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The pirate theme is awesome and it came out well before "random pirates" was a meme

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't really like any of the dkc games. Tropical freeze is great

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mycophobia posted:

The pirat etheme is stupid and I hate it

pirate theme > Kiddy Kong

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My biggest gripe with DKC 3 is that the redesigned bee looks dumb. It's good other than the stupid lookign bee.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
dkc3 may be the best looking title on the snes and it had like worlds you could visit out of order and poo poo. and yeah there's a lot of collectables but it's not like dk64 or whatever. i dunno. whatever. it's my opinion!!!!!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
at least we can ALL agree that SMW is the best 2D mario.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

My biggest gripe with DKC 3 is that the redesigned bee looks dumb. It's good other than the stupid lookign bee.

ok i can agree with this, the bee was a downgrade

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

mario 3

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ok. why.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Its New Super Mario Bros :troll:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

smw is too easy and mario 3 has more fun and interesting levels over all. both are extremely win games though

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

smw is too easy and mario 3 has more fun and interesting levels over all. both are extremely win games though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gamer shame: Ive never gotten past World 2 in Super Mario Bros 3

Edit: I mean without using warps.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

all mario games are easy. excepting 2 (the REAL 2) of course. as for level quality...I rate them about the same. but it's smw's better graphics, sound, the contiguous map that gives the impression of one big world, those are the things that place it above 3 for me.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

:stare:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

all mario games are easy. excepting 2 (the REAL 2) of course. as for level quality...I rate them about the same. but it's smw's better graphics, sound, the contiguous map that gives the impression of one big world, those are the things that place it above 3 for me.

super mario 3 goes across 8 different worlds and its ridiculous to say a snes game is better than a nes one because of sound and graphics

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mario 3's world maps are my favorite of the series

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SMW isn't an especially good-looking SNES game, even for a launch title

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
smw has just as much 'world' even if there's only seven big castles. it's how the worlds are connected in a way that's far more organic and complex than in smb3...like, to get from one world to another in 3 you have to use a whistle or beat an airship level, and after that you can pretty much forget that world even existed. but in smw you can walk across the entirety of the map as long as you've gotten that far. idk it's just a big thing for me, it really made a big impression on me when I was a kid.

as for sound and graphics..hey, it is what it is. I'm going to have more fun with a game that, all else being equal, looks and sounds better than the another.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
like you can walk through and just see the "last world" in the game by finding a secret in "world 2" in smw. that was cool as poo poo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've played and beaten Mario 3 a few times and it's good, but I never understood the ppl who swear by it as the pinnacle of 2d Mario when SMW and Yoshi's Island exist

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mario 3 just has better levels

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

like I said, I consider them about equal. hell the edge should be given to SMW because its levels were designed with the spin jump mechanic in mind, whereas smb3 didn't even have that. BUT!!!! maybe we can say that the cape is a bit overpowered as opposed to the leaf which is an overall detriment to the level design of SMW. i can admit that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The airships own, but those are like the only M3 levels I can remember offhand whereas I can pretty much picture the entire SMW layout in my big gamer brain.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I like that New Super Mario Bros. has a callback to mario 3 in world 7.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

What the gently caress.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hate the aesthetic in SMB3. The color palette is really ugly.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The airships own, but those are like the only M3 levels I can remember offhand whereas I can pretty much picture the entire SMW layout in my big gamer brain.

im waiting for the in training stream where he plays through mario 3 for the first time to really show it off

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the SMW overworld map is cool and I don't know why it took them until NSMBU to bring it back, they were already doing alternate exits so it's not like it would have been much work

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've played and beaten Mario 3 a few times and it's good, but I never understood the ppl who swear by it as the pinnacle of 2d Mario when SMW and Yoshi's Island exist

Yoshi's Island is great but I don't really consider it a Mario game, especially now that it has direct sequels

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yoshi's Woolly World is out for 3DS today and it's a good Yoshi game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my friend and butler woolsworth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im waiting for the in training stream where he plays through mario 3 for the first time to really show it off

A prime target with my swaggy new SNES USB controller now that I've finish shovel knight for the 3rd time

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

im the opposite, like past the first level of donut plains almost everything in smw runs together for me and i only remember donut plains 1 because its where you get the cape. mario world levels are mostly samey and boring to me and i like mario 3 cause its just a bunch of bite size varied challenges that you dont spend super long in and then youre off to the next cool thing

and i like yoshis island better than either but i also consider that its own thing

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Mario 3 is the best 2D Mario.

Galaxy 2 is the best 3D Mario.

See ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Plebian Parasite posted:

also dixie and the baby are fuckin queers