Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

way to go steve posted:

So kind of against my own advice, I took one last pull on tactics1. It got me a healing staff and kaiser shield! I know those were mostly booby prizes for long timers, but I'm excited to actually have a medica, and another strong piece of reverse wall.

Don't really care about not getting anything for orlandu, seems like there will be plenty of chances there. Really would've liked agrias' bsb, looks like that won't make around again for a long while and I like her character.

There's a couple cool looking things on ff4, but I may just pass and save. Now I need levels more than anything.

Congrats. Cleansing Strike is an awesome SB for an awesome character. The staff is rad too. Magic blink gets more useful every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah, Cleansing Strike is really, really good, I routinely take it over physical characters with BSBs just because the extra mitigation gives you so much more leeway in tough fights. Also the shield gives a bonus to lightning damage, which makes it pretty handy for Spellblades now that the dual-strikes are out. Also Terra and Golbez, I guess. Can any other mages use shields? Can't remember now.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

With the Attack Soft-cap up Onion Knight's gone from doing 1400 per hit with Extra Slice to 2000.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
Thanks! These were the two items I really wanted. My toughest fights so far have been due to lacking enough mitigation and healing.

It makes me wonder how different the game might seem if I hadn't happened to randomly pull what seems to be the grossest damage relic around right now. And my RW raines keeps getting used 30+ times a day, so I guess I'm helping out other people too.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Dr Pepper posted:

With the Attack Soft-cap up Onion Knight's gone from doing 1400 per hit with Extra Slice to 2000.

This pleases me. I use Onion Slice more than Vessel of Fate these days.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The ATK softcap raise means that TGCid doing 99999s with shout and OK BSB is way more of a thing than before

Nice! spam in multiplayer

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, Cleansing Strike is really, really good, I routinely take it over physical characters with BSBs just because the extra mitigation gives you so much more leeway in tough fights. Also the shield gives a bonus to lightning damage, which makes it pretty handy for Spellblades now that the dual-strikes are out. Also Terra and Golbez, I guess. Can any other mages use shields? Can't remember now.

Ashe, and her handy lightning BSB.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Stopgap posted:

Ashe, and her handy lightning BSB.
don't forget dragoons, and machinists will get a nice lightning element skill later on too

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
nicer than lightning dive?

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

iamsosmrt posted:

Does anyone else here run two white mages regularly? Having Y'shtola and Vanille BSBs has given me so much leeway in beating straight forward DPS battles (I don't have the abilities hones to deal with a lot of Nightmare boss puzzles). I lack faithgas though.

I plowed through all the mote dungeons last night with surprisingly little trouble. Ifrit got me a little nervous since I had to rely on Moonfrost Arrows RW and it left him with about 20% hp left, but putting battle forge RM on Vanille makes you almost unkillable once she gets her BSB going. Meanwhile Y'shtola uses wall, but throwing in Asylum near the end of battle generally ensures everyone's going to live through random boss spam.

In my mage team I run 1.5 healers kind of, Vanille with TD and Yuna with tenets of the faith. Synergises really well, because tenets is a Mag/mind 30% boost, which both stacks with sheepsong and gives their BSB command medicas some extra punch.

I rolled this team against the 250 torment and I was literally unkillable, even when proshellga dropped off, because I was healing 3k aoe every single round, and the bursts were self sustaining at that point.

It's not just a viable option, it's a very good one, if a little niche and reliant on gacha luck

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

nicer than lightning dive?

It's 6 single target hits with about half the potency. So, yes kinda better if you can damage cap.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Also no air time

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

That's three for three you've hosed up song name references, DeNA. With Home Sweet Home and Eternal Wind, I was willing to believe you were just unaware of the reference, but I can't honestly believe that the "C" in C. Motorcycle wasn't meant to be Crazy.

This is the gooniest loving thing to be asschapped about, I know. But still.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Well, I should be saving for the anniversary so I guess I won't be doing an 11-pull on this FFIV banner after all. Oh well, let's see if the dollar pull gets me anythi-

*pulls Zeromus Shard*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ugh 1/11 Faerie Claws. Second shittiest item on the banner, of course. I really needed some IV synergy too :(

Getting kind of annoyed that I only get good pulls on realms I'm already fuckin' stacked in. Every time I pull on a realm where I have 0-3 relics, it's a 1/11, and it's almost always garbage. Every single time.

Time to start saving for the anniversary banners I guess.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

1/11 Asura Rod....Mage meta is a go with Tellah's Bomb Core and Edward's Faithga/haste I guess :(

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Koobes posted:

1/11 Asura Rod....Mage meta is a go with Tellah's Bomb Core and Edward's Faithga/haste I guess :(

If it makes you feel better, I have both of them and they are cool, even though I really am not a big fan of Tellah in general.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

1/11, but it was Rosa's BSB. Now I have both her SSB and her BSB, so time for some wackiness. :toot:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Decided to pull on the FFIV banner because it had some Holy options, and I just started playing FFIV on my ipad and I'm loving it so far.

Zeromus Shard, Golbez's Cloak, and Asura Rod. That's at least one Holy, but wow, looks like I'll need to start using Golbez! Feeling pretty lucky. Hopefully this will let me get further in the FFIV event than I did in Tactics.

I've still got a ton of Realm Dungeons to mow through in preparation for Keeper's Choice and the Anniversary, and I'll probably end up waiting out any other banners.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

U-DO Burger posted:

Well, I should be saving for the anniversary so I guess I won't be doing an 11-pull on this FFIV banner after all. Oh well, let's see if the dollar pull gets me anythi-

*pulls Zeromus Shard*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

I forget, but weren't you getting crapped out on your last few pulls? I know someone around here had pretty much taken Schwartz's title of "never pull anything (good) ever," but I can't remember who it was.

In other news, dollar draw was junk, but I didn't really want anything here that badly either. If I'm going to make an idiotic pull, it would be the second banner with Rydia's OSB, because it is friggin' cute as hell.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, I had to actually stare long and hard at this set of banners because I really need SBs for my FF4 dudes. Unfortunately, Cid is Not That Great (if you want AoE Pentabreak, Mustadio is right over there, and more importantly, Axes and Hammers and Nothing Else may actually be harder to equip than a gun-based dude nowdays) and I can't be excited about Perseus Bow or Radiant Robe because I already have equivalents elsewhere (Asylum/White Materia, Endless Blessings).

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
Golbez and rosa bsbs would be sweet, but I think I'm gonna pass on this round. Good luck on pulls!

Need to make sure I clear the tactics multiplayer before it goes away. Hadn't heard much about him, is he a real pain?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

3/11, Golbez's Mantle, a dupe Asura Rod, and... Pecil's OSB! Welcome to the holy team I guess.

For holy I have Agrias BSB, Cecils OSB, Hope's BSB/OSB, Cid Raines BSB, Ramza's BSB, and TG Cid's BSB. I think that will do.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

way to go steve posted:

Need to make sure I clear the tactics multiplayer before it goes away. Hadn't heard much about him, is he a real pain?

Do you or someone in your raid have Affliction Break? If so, then good, you shouldn't have problems even with pubbies.

If not, enjoy your slow/sleep/poison/confuse/instant death spam.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

way to go steve posted:

Golbez and rosa bsbs would be sweet, but I think I'm gonna pass on this round. Good luck on pulls!

Are you able to join discord? If so, goons will drag you through the MP bosses easily. Hell, I'll help if you catch me on.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

FeralWraith posted:

I forget, but weren't you getting crapped out on your last few pulls? I know someone around here had pretty much taken Schwartz's title of "never pull anything (good) ever," but I can't remember who it was.

Nah, I got some unexciting results from pulling on Orlandu, but I got Lightning's SSB and Vanille's BSB a few weeks ago so I've no right to complain about it.

E: I've got the Ebon Armor too, so Golbez's damage output for this event is going to be absolutely insane :getin:

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 3, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Threw in 100 Mythril hoping to get either Golbez relic.

Pulled one of everything on the banner except the Golbez relics, Fusoya's cloak or the OSB. Just my luck, ha.

Well, Palom's and Cid's might see some use and I guess I have another healer BSB. Yang's.... eh.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Combo posted:

Are you able to join discord? If so, goons will drag you through the MP bosses easily. Hell, I'll help if you catch me on.

Yeah, I did that for ultima last week. I'll get on tomorrow and hopefully be able to find some helpful folks again.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I just got done filling out the survey for what I assume is going to be the anniversary event (it was asking about what Soul Breaks I'd like a shot at and what abilities I'd like to receive). The last question on the survey was your traditional, "We'd like to hear your opinions" question, so I took a moment to mention that it really sucks that they keep screwing us out of characters and abilities because they were part of collab events in Japan (albeit in slightly nicer language). Also asked when the hell we're getting those FF XI characters and Soul Breaks we missed, though I'm not holding my breath that they'll actually take me seriously.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Throwing this out there, but the 2nd Anniversary Survey just popped up. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this did have an impact on the relics that were able to be drawn from the Ultros Select Banner. Given that, I'm voting for stuff that is useful down the road, not necessarily stuff that I out and out want.

Edit - suppose I'll throw out my answers:

Favorite character: Rydia

5* Ability: Full Break (If they give it out for free, this would be big for newer players, I had everything else already.)
4* Abilities: Lifesiphon and Ruinga (Same thoughts, good for new players; Ruinga is great for clearing trash, imo.)
OSBs: Lightning, Terra, Tidus (Couldn't remember anything but Tidus's relic having +Element, so went with him and Terra, and gambled on Lightning. It was her or Zidane.)
BSBs: Vaan, Y'shtola, Refia (Yes, I know I didn't vote for Onion Knight's, but given his popularity, that poo poo will show up more than Vaan's or Refia's will. Thought about Maria's, but Raines' BSB outdoes it, and Raines wasn't on here.)
SSBs: Fran, Larsa, Celes (Going against the grain here, because all the super popular ones I already have. This one will undoubtedly end up as Sheepsong/Indomitable Blade/Shout, I can almost guarantee it.)
Mini-game: Who cares? I don't.
Comments: The missing bard motes and abilities, as well as Ayame and Curilla from FFXI.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 3, 2017

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I noticed the list of burst relics on the second anniversary survey doesn't include Cid Raines. It does have the XIV bursts so I'm guessing that was the cutoff for new relics.

Edit: I guess I should have complained about the missing skills and characters, but I didn't think of it and instead I asked them to make ultros a playable character

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

W.T. Fits posted:

I just got done filling out the survey for what I assume is going to be the anniversary event (it was asking about what Soul Breaks I'd like a shot at and what abilities I'd like to receive). The last question on the survey was your traditional, "We'd like to hear your opinions" question, so I took a moment to mention that it really sucks that they keep screwing us out of characters and abilities because they were part of collab events in Japan (albeit in slightly nicer language). Also asked when the hell we're getting those FF XI characters and Soul Breaks we missed, though I'm not holding my breath that they'll actually take me seriously.

:same: though my opinions were a single sentence:

"I want a record sphere for Eiko :("

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

:same: though my opinions were a single sentence:

"I want a record sphere for Eiko :("

Two letters and a number:

MC3

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
I hope I didn't screw up the survey! Tried to pick things that seemed useful, I love that they list everything out with no actual description, lol. They just assume everyone knows all this poo poo by heart.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I got Pecil's OSB and Golbez BSB which is insanely good and cool

e: I literally have 3 holy OSBs now what the gently caress

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 3, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Anniversary questionnaire is up, Orlandeau is not a choice for OSB voting.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if unsure, vote for mistilteinn

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Went 2/11, Asura Rod and Cid's Gloves. Could be worse, I needed armor for IV and my only mage weapons were Ice Whip and Rune Axe, so out-of-realm casters can use a rod much easier. Was still really hoping for my first disco ball...

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I asked them not to mail boxes of deadly spiders to random "winners." Hopefully they'll take me seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Decided to do an 11 pull because my 4 synergy is kind of terrible. Ended up with Cid's Gloves. Wasn't too terribly disappointed until I realized he is only Support 4. :effort:

• Locked thread