Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Epic High Five posted:

The critical difference is that the people wringing their hands on the left aren't going out and doing anything

i mean that they're useless slime and will either do nothing at all or gleefully collaborate with the fash in the name of civility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i posted a lot on reddit during OWS and boy are they a bunch of pearl clutching cucks

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the purple triangle scenario is the one where trump launches a first strike so get use to it quick

yeah its not at all plausible that trump could be lullwd into a sense of security or be distracted by putin such that he doesnt expect a russian first strike for w/e morose soviet reason, nor that he would refuse to be wrong so fuckin hard that he doeant authorise cpubterattack remotely in time to even inhibit the russian attack strength

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Orkin Mang posted:

literally only the internet

hm

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
reddits political spectrum starts at nazi and ends at collaborator

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

you gotta admit that a radioactive tsunami bomb is one of the raddest fuckin indiscriminate death weapons ever

no pun intended re: raddest

Our entire human history is that the largest cities are on coastlines, followed by rivers or major waterways. There's a reason why flood mythology is so prevalent.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RottenK posted:

i mean that they're useless slime and will either do nothing at all or gleefully collaborate with the fash in the name of civility

Correct, Bernie -> Trump people and willing collaborators are people beneath Trump supporters in my opinion, because at least Trump people idiotically voted in line with their insane moral compass

That said the first two I'm willing to take on board maybe but the third group will never be trusted to not be a rat

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

sejoonki posted:

So, alt-right gently caress Richard Spencer apparently just got office space right by where I work, YUCK. I have gotten great joy out of the punching video and would love to do that in the chance I bump into him on the street, but he is much taller than me and getting a good strike on his face with enough force behind it would be very hard. If I ever do see him I would love to do harm to him in some way. Is that juvenile?

There was a protest against him moving his office to the area last week, and the name of the building landlord is known and I think people are writing letters (I am planning to do that as well). It would be great if he could get kicked out. In the meantime, anything I can do to make him feel unwelcome if I see him, I would like to do. Any ideas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weighted-knuckle_glove

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

donald j trump is of course known for his mental acuity and nimbleness, and putin isnt at all a bloodless viper who lusts for power and death

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Just found out that there is literally no proof of Bannon being a white supremacist. Crazy but Facebook and the twitters don't lie.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ive been around alot of liberals and they dont generally talk like that bc it sounds stupid. fascist occasionally comes up, usually a bit unwarranted but just a astand in for authoritarian douchebag, but not nazi. its internet echo chambers clanging around stereotypes about hysterical liberal college students, and tv and internet playing clips of fringe lunatics crying about nazis on youtube

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I really like this forum and this thread btw. We need more pragmatism on the left. I just hope that people here are getting involved. If you are passionate, please read this guide, and use the links on this site to connect with people on a local level. Don't allow them to be milquetoast pussies.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Correct, Bernie -> Trump people and willing collaborators are people beneath Trump supporters in my opinion, because at least Trump people idiotically voted in line with their insane moral compass

That said the first two I'm willing to take on board maybe but the third group will never be trusted to not be a rat
be sure to take them on board only after seizing their assets, and shaving their heads

the post-ww2 french solution, at a minimum, did this

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
buh-b-b-b-buh bash duh f-fash

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i call everyone nazi as a greeting and untl recently had no idea it was a real thing

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

buh-b-b-b-buh bash duh f-fash

ive already bashed the fash in my own life. i dress like poo poo

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

good nazi to u n to all a good nazi

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Hillary 2020 posted:

You mean have a cry in QCS because the moderators are all meanies.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808485

hahaha loving wowsers

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
omg i broke my wrist punching the wall because i was so infuriated b-b-b-b-buh bash duh fash

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
why are all these people such whiners, my gosh

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this is not normal

this is not normal

this is .. normal. gently caress

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

omg i broke my wrist punching the wall because i was so infuriated b-b-b-b-buh bash duh fash
this autobiography is pretty amazing

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

nailed it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

this is not normal

this is not normal

I guess you don't know much about american history then.

REMEMBER THE MAINE

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Baloogan posted:

if you got the control to punch a wall hard enough to break your wrist

well then that's a punch wasted

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pomp posted:

is there a single nation right now that isn't scared of nuclear war

Maybe Iceland.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

So I've actually met the woman that was pepper sprayed at Cal last night. The few times we've hung out together at a mutual friend's place showed me that she has no sense of humor and takes everything literally. She also doesn't believe in the wage gap.

This means literally nothing but I'm chillin' on a train and just recognized her face from a screen grab soooo

:lol: at the dumb bitcoin hat, too

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Maddow is covering how Trump barely skims the PDB (Presidential Daily Brief) and instead receives his intel as it's filtered by mother loving bannon & CO.

Why do I do this to myself.

Ignorance is bliss.

..oh rgiht because it keeps me angry enough to get involved. Everyone get involved, bitches. Do whatever you can to make active libs in your area mad + vicious, just like this thread.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

paranoid randroid posted:

why are all these people such whiners, my gosh

turns out fascists are all cry babies who knew

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shugojin posted:

if you got the control to punch a wall hard enough to break your wrist

well then that's a punch wasted

He's powered by a quart of garbage Canadian whiskey

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

radical meme posted:

Our entire human history is that the largest cities are on coastlines, followed by rivers or major waterways. There's a reason why flood mythology is so prevalent.

there are a lot of hypotgeses on the prevalence of flood myths and i have a nit so much complex but unavoidably longwinded personal feeling on the matter tho its biased hard toward west asia because, you know, it just is

im not a fan of the black sea inubdation idea tho i will say i know one or two people id consider way more intwllectually swole than me who arw at least still cool w/it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

He's powered by a quart of garbage Canadian whiskey
alcohol is a great way to lose muscle mass

there's a reason why i'm saying he's writing his autobiograhy :q:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
all things considered the worst thing thats happened for the long run is that trump has proven himself disposed to taking spontaneous military action for poor reasons that lead to disaster. therell be an attack thats attributed falsely to iran or something then therell be a sudden trump response on the iranian military/infrastructure/nuclear processing plants the iranians will retaliate against america, israel will get involved then iran will fight israel then, as i said, our lord jesus christ will ride in on a dragon made of jasper stones and judge the quick and the dead

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hey guys, I think that Trump may be...um...let me just check...

He looks down at the tattered notebook. He can't remember where he got it, but it's his most treasured possession now. There's nothing to write about. There's nothing to write with.

There are markings on the first page that are just about legible, but they blur and twist as he tries to focus, squinting in the too-bright light of the second sun, a star of death that rose from the ashes of the once-vibrant Earth. The ink crawls out to the edges of the page, and leaps away onto the ground, limping and dragging itself across the blasted landscape. He watches it go, mouth open, a bit of precious saliva, the only moisture in this dry, desolate waste dripping from his lower lip.

The page is empty now. Maybe it always was. Maybe the written word was always a lie. Just as this treacherous thought crosses his mind, the pages whip up and out of the notebook, as if caught in a windstorm, though the air he feels is still and stale. One page, two, three, every page is torn away until he is left holding a battered piece of cardboard with a wire spiral wound into the top. He lets it drop to the ground and turns away to walk into the horizon.

A turtle, plodding across the landscape on some unfathomable journey, lies down on the cardboard, tongue dabbing out to capture that drop of lost spittle left behind by the man who was just here, if he ever was. Someone has scratched a word, three crude letters, into the turtle's shell. It hasn't noticed. It doesn't care.

...bad.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Milo cried so hard he got the president to threaten cutting federal funding, and a few celebs angry at protesters lol

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

this is not normal

this is not normal

Welcome to the new normal.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Orkin Mang posted:

ive been around alot of liberals and they dont generally talk like that bc it sounds stupid. fascist occasionally comes up, usually a bit unwarranted but just a astand in for authoritarian douchebag, but not nazi. its internet echo chambers clanging around stereotypes about hysterical liberal college students, and tv and internet playing clips of fringe lunatics crying about nazis on youtube

agreedo

which is why the upthread complaints are like "man im so upset at people talking about furries all the time" "where do u talk to people" "fur gently caress dot com"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

docbeard posted:

Hey guys, I think that Trump may be...um...let me just check...

He looks down at the tattered notebook. He can't remember where he got it, but it's his most treasured possession now. There's nothing to write about. There's nothing to write with.

There are markings on the first page that are just about legible, but they blur and twist as he tries to focus, squinting in the too-bright light of the second sun, a star of death that rose from the ashes of the once-vibrant Earth. The ink crawls out to the edges of the page, and leaps away onto the ground, limping and dragging itself across the blasted landscape. He watches it go, mouth open, a bit of precious saliva, the only moisture in this dry, desolate waste dripping from his lower lip.

The page is empty now. Maybe it always was. Maybe the written word was always a lie. Just as this treacherous thought crosses his mind, the pages whip up and out of the notebook, as if caught in a windstorm, though the air he feels is still and stale. One page, two, three, every page is torn away until he is left holding a battered piece of cardboard with a wire spiral wound into the top. He lets it drop to the ground and turns away to walk into the horizon.

A turtle, plodding across the landscape on some unfathomable journey, lies down on the cardboard, tongue dabbing out to capture that drop of lost spittle left behind by the man who was just here, if he ever was. Someone has scratched a word, three crude letters, into the turtle's shell. It hasn't noticed. It doesn't care.

...bad.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Wow, imagine if Bernie Sanders had won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

is it Emptyquote Insanely Bad Posts Day already????

• Locked thread