Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Educated English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bring back Nyssa.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I didn't find a problem with accent? I didn't recognize the actress so I didn't even know it was a fake accent. The only time I really can recognize a bad accent is if it's someone trying to suppress one and failing badly.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Half expected the fangirl to go "Hi I'm Barbara Gordon!"

I'll never not want Kacey Rohl as Batgirl. Could still happen - just have Batgirl as a Supergirl ally on Earth-38. She'd kind of be the darker, less sunny counter to Kara anyway, so her Earth-1 doppelganger being a different kind of morally-ambiguous crimefighter really fits.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Am I the only one who yelled angrily at the screen when Felicity inserted a random flash drive from a random possibly crazy person into her computer without taking any precautions? She really ought to know better and I was sure it was going to backfire.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Am I the only one who yelled angrily at the screen when Felicity inserted a random flash drive from a random possibly crazy person into her computer without taking any precautions? She really ought to know better and I was sure it was going to backfire.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that was going to happen. Who knows, it still might?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or the drive turned her into the intersect.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Or the drive turned her into the intersect.

:golfclap:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, you don't hand someone a container named Pandora, with something they want inside, and have it not screw them.

I would be super disappointed if that went well. Also, what's KOJO short for?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

I didn't find a problem with accent? I didn't recognize the actress so I didn't even know it was a fake accent. The only time I really can recognize a bad accent is if it's someone trying to suppress one and failing badly.

It wavered a couple of times, but other than that was pretty good i thought.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's no such thing as a perfect accent, i haven't lived in England in 25 years and my old accent slips out all the time.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Episode was already good before Barry running in to drop a "he's legit" sticky note on the chief's desk.

Then it became perfect.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Rhyno posted:

Hacktivist fangirl was super cute.

Also holy loving poo poo Dinah Drake. That is out of left field and awesome as hell. Where did this fantastic season come from??? Like, the only thing to complain about is that terrible city backdrop in Ollie's office.

That backdrop is literally the worst on television.

Such a fantastic episode. I've never seen this actress who plays Talia but I thought she was great. I love that she never introduces her self as Talia al Ghul so there's an actual reason why Ollie never mentioned her when the League stuff happened during S3. It's amazing that the show did such a great turnaround in quality over the last two. Here's hoping the rest of the season is just as good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like that dressing up like Robin Hood isn't exactly Ollie's idea to begin with. Origin of the costume, who knew we'd see that?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Sir Potato posted:

Such a fantastic episode. I've never seen this actress who plays Talia but I thought she was great. I love that she never introduces her self as Talia al Ghul so there's an actual reason why Ollie never mentioned her when the League stuff happened during S3. It's amazing that the show did such a great turnaround in quality over the last two. Here's hoping the rest of the season is just as good.

Lexa Doig. She has a habit of showing up in TV shows filmed in Vancouver.

Fun fact: She's married to Michael Shanks (Daniel from Stargate SG-1)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sir Potato posted:

GO WATCH CONTINUUM.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sat through five season of Andromeda due to her prettiness.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Potato posted:

Andromeda, SG1, Continuum.

Continuum was were she sort of got some better type stuff to do. She was a badass.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

I'll never not want Kacey Rohl as Batgirl. Could still happen - just have Batgirl as a Supergirl ally on Earth-38. She'd kind of be the darker, less sunny counter to Kara anyway, so her Earth-1 doppelganger being a different kind of morally-ambiguous crimefighter really fits.

I definitely feel like she'll show up again in some capacity since it introduced another pretty geeky girl character to the universe as well as another organization that's just riddled with plot hooks that can be grabbed at any time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

He wasn't called it by name, but we basically had Yet Another Count Vertigo (Count Slidee?) this week and I love that it keeps popping back up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

I definitely feel like she'll show up again in some capacity since it introduced another pretty geeky girl character to the universe as well as another organization that's just riddled with plot hooks that can be grabbed at any time.

She's probably Felicity's new love interest.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rhyno posted:

She's probably Felicity's new love interest.

noooo that's supposed to be Nyssa!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Outside of Babs, I cannot think of any other super smart DC women. So sadly, I think she'll be a new character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nooneofconsequence posted:

noooo that's supposed to be Nyssa!

They'll have an open relationship.

twistedmentat posted:

Outside of Babs, I cannot think of any other super smart DC women. So sadly, I think she'll be a new character.

Natasha Irons, Doctor Light and Kitty Faulkner are all genius level characters.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Bruceski posted:

He wasn't called it by name, but we basically had Yet Another Count Vertigo (Count Slidee?) this week and I love that it keeps popping back up.

Yeah, I appreciated that. Have any of the Count Vertigos (have there been two or three) actually had any powers?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bull3964 posted:

Gotta love the whole "don't kill him" speech after leveling a rooftop full of henchman and dropping a helicopter on a random street.

"Don't kill him! You'll become a monster!". *Off camera in the alley, man screaming in agony "i..I survived the explosion and crash, I'm very badly burned and my legs are broken and oh god I think a possum is chewing on my leg". Back to Ollie "KILLING IS WRONG!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

Didn't he have basically the same powers as The Top on the Flash? Except sound based

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that Thea has been completely absent for this Black Canary stuff. Going to be kind of awkward when she comes back and sees some random new person that she had no voice in choosing hanging around taking the name.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah what's her deal right now? Is she off filming something else? Pregnant so she's gotten up to 80 pounds?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Lord Bude posted:

I was more caught up on the idea that it supposedly had petabytes of data on it (or did I hear that wrong?). And that Felicity told Ollie to go give Diggle the good news before she'd even looked at what was on there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of weird that Thea has been completely absent for this Black Canary stuff. Going to be kind of awkward when she comes back and sees some random new person that she had no voice in choosing hanging around taking the name.

She quit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Presumably she's basically the mayor right now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's his wildly unqualified chief of staff, or something.

She's supposed to be at a conference on the show right now. I think they just don't put her in every episode to save money.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Medullah posted:

Yeah what's her deal right now? Is she off filming something else? Pregnant so she's gotten up to 80 pounds?

I have no idea. However, I didn't really miss her. The team seemed tighter recently and it's probably because they sidelined Diggle, Thea, Evelyn, and Lance. Roster bloat is a recurring problem with this show and keeping several cast members out of the picture gives the other team members more opportunity to develop their characters. Even Felicity revisiting her hacktivist roots was fun to watch and it will hopefully lead to interesting plot developments.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Tiggum posted:

I was more caught up on the idea that it supposedly had petabytes of data on it (or did I hear that wrong?). And that Felicity told Ollie to go give Diggle the good news before she'd even looked at what was on there.

"What does this mean? It means that you can go home and hug your wife and son.

....Let me take this call...

John, apparently a new organization called Goat C is going to keep you in jail a little while longer"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'm glad that it is Dinah Drake , but disappointed she didn't get her powers from a Wizard.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

Yeah, you don't hand someone a container named Pandora, with something they want inside, and have it not screw them.

I would be super disappointed if that went well. Also, what's KOJO short for?

Agreed, it seems super obvious she's going to be a Prometheus agent or something.

Shocked at the amount of people itt who didn't know Kacey Rohl & Lexa Doig. It's almost like they have lives and don't watch every Vancouver sci-fi show... BTW, Kacey was also on The Magicians this week.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Rocksicles posted:

Andromeda, SG1, Continuum.

Continuum was were she sort of got some better type stuff to do. She was a badass.

Jason X

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Hollismason posted:

I'm glad that it is Dinah Drake , but disappointed she didn't get her powers from a Wizard.

She kind of did, in that she got them from one Mr. Eobard Thawne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't get the vibe off the hacker girl that she'd become an ally/friend. If she returns I kind of felt like it will be as an antagonist. Basically the whole thing I got from her "you sold out" stuff and "Pandora" is that Felicity will be tempted to go all "cyber vigilante" but she'll find a line that the "hacktavists" don't have. I don't know if it will self contained to Felicity struggling with finding the line or if she'll end up at odds with whatever the name of that group was, but I assume this is going to be her own version of Oliver's "going too far."

• Locked thread