Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol did he actually post it, what a fuckin loser

his entire career is just playing video games while goin LOOKITDATGUY!!! OOO LOOKITDATGUY ECH

vg dunky makes this work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Videogame youtubesmen are trying to break into political discourse while the people who make fun of politics on youtube are becoming armchair game developers. Everything's gone mad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oco4WYRdaU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

grieving for Gandalf posted:

JonTron was only ever funny on Game Grumps and I'm glad the other guy knocked him off it

didn't game grumps have some hilarious youtube drama attached to it?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my wife is fire emblem fan #1 and she says heros is good so have at it

Guy Mann posted:

Videogame youtubesmen are trying to break into political discourse while the people who make fun of politics on youtube are becoming armchair game developers. Everything's gone mad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oco4WYRdaU

hbomb is a treasure. he has a new mario costume thats erry bit as good at that sonic

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

wasn't he the guy reviewed DOOM and had all those gifs of himself missing point-blank range shots? ?

Yeah, that is him. I mostly hate him because of his absurd Bayonetta 2 review where he hated the game because you play as a woman. He writes the most insane clickbait.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Help Im Alive posted:

Why is sonic still alive

They keep replacing him with a new Sonic.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
His brow ridge keeps getting lumpier. :aaaaa:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i miss bulbous old sonic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

They keep replacing him with a new Sonic.

1991 Sonic is my favorite.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, that is him. I mostly hate him because of his absurd Bayonetta 2 review where he hated the game because you play as a woman.

I feel this description might be disingenuous.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuhPd0sglrQ&t=292s

I said come in! posted:

1991 Sonic is my favorite.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Controversial opinion but I like the sonic boom characters. Having them all be the same lanky build with the circle body and giant shoes and hands with different giant heads was boring, swole knuckles looks silly but at least he looks like a real cartoon character now

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Really glad they went with the option to keep him silent, it made those cutscenes the best.

Especially whe he meets Amy. Even Classic Sonc is just like oh loving hell.

edit: I would've liked if they went with the Hedgehog Boom concept art instead.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

2006 Sonic has Twi'lek head-tails

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Controversial opinion but I like the sonic boom characters. Having them all be the same lanky build with the circle body and giant shoes and hands with different giant heads was boring, swole knuckles looks silly but at least he looks like a real cartoon character now

I don't think their designs are any worse than any of the other weird modern sonic designs. The writing on that show is great though.

Shindragon posted:

Really glad they went with the option to keep him silent, it made those cutscenes the best.

Especially whe he meets Amy. Even Classic Sonc is just like oh loving hell.

edit: I would've liked if they went with the Hedgehog Boom concept art instead.

I really wish we got a Generations 2 with Classic Knuckles and Sonic CD Amy. Preferably with a playable Tails and Knuckles, too. They're fun if the game's 2D and you don't make them hunt emeralds or drive mechs or whatever!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah, I think the original Sonic has the correct proportions for a kid's cartoon character. That elongation is basically Skinny Mario except officially sanctioned by the creators

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The sonic boom cartoon is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc

I love the sonic boom cartoon because basically nothing adventurous happens, it's just the sonic characters hanging out doing whatever

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Original Sonic was based on Mickey Mouse. It's a real shame they abandoned that aesthetic in favor of nightmare zone Sonic.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

his cute fat little tum

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRcLBhfLMAo

RIP knuckles, you were the best character even if you did abandon your rap career in the mid 2000s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Klaus Kinski posted:

didn't game grumps have some hilarious youtube drama attached to it?
just that jontron abruptly left and considering he follows infowars and alex "obama is a reptilian warlock" jones now, it was probably because of him becoming too insufferable

like i dont know of anyone who follows infowars that doesn't try to pass the terrible conspiracies about underground walmart tunnels to everyone they know in real life

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The official story is that Jon left because he wanted to continue to do his own show instead of Game Grumps and he couldn't because it was cutting way into his free time. The drama attached is that neither he nor Egoraptor conveyed this to their audience very well and so a fuckbillion conspiracy theories spawned on the matter until they both, separately, cleared the air... which spawned MORE conspiracy theories because they didn't clear the air together at the same time. It still continues to this day because fans of things on the internet are insane people

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Still the greatest Sonic image.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jontron was funny on game grumps but an extremely awful person apparently. i don't watch grumps anymore but danny wasn't very good. maybe he's better now

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

oddium posted:

jontron was funny on game grumps but an extremely awful person apparently. i don't watch grumps anymore but danny wasn't very good. maybe he's better now

They're loving commulists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL_vIqMiHK0&t=211s

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My only real exposure to JonTron was some very early Game Grumps that I watched years ago so I was surprised to discover what a shithead he is by watching that video.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

he used to and probably still complains about conan the barbarian power fantasy bods being as harmful to men as bikini armor is to women

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This Jon Tron guy is starting to sound like a real jerkwad, whom I wouldn't invite to a party.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I for one need to know what LP superstars think of current events.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I get only the best advice on foreign policy from ElectricalBeast (aka the Jolteon of Let's Play)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

me, in a universe where brexit didn't happen: more like the jolteon of Let's Stay

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I just played through Luigi's Mansion (original) for the first time and got a Rank E house lmao the amount of money you need to get high ranks must be absurd.

Also I still had three Boos left but I didn't know where they were at all and then when I beat the game it overwrote my save file with a NG+ without warning me so I guess I'm done.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Mak0rz posted:

I just played through Luigi's Mansion (original) for the first time and got a Rank E house lmao the amount of money you need to get high ranks must be absurd.

Also I still had three Boos left but I didn't know where they were at all and then when I beat the game it overwrote my save file with a NG+ without warning me so I guess I'm done.

It's actually way, way harder to get the lowest grade mansion because you have to basically avoid all money forever.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

It's not hard to get a rank B mansion once you know a few of the more obscure ways to make money (watering all the plants for instance, catching all the boos gets you a big diamond).

But for a Rank A mansion you need to get into the real tough stuff like one time spawning golden mice, blue ghosts, and getting as many pearls from the portrait ghosts as possible. It isn't TOO hard if you know what you're doing but it takes some effort.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It's actually way, way harder to get the lowest grade mansion because you have to basically avoid all money forever.

Good to know E wasn't the lowest then.

So King Boo doesn't count as a boo? But that one boss that was like 20 boos in one does??

Still a mystery where those last three were. I checked all the rooms over again and nothing came up on the boodar. There are two greyed-out rooms on the map (one of them has a door that's boarded up). Is there a way to get in there or something?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/djsantero/status/827131753131278336

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Good to know E wasn't the lowest then.

So King Boo doesn't count as a boo? But that one boss that was like 20 boos in one does??

Still a mystery where those last three were. I checked all the rooms over again and nothing came up on the boodar. There are two greyed-out rooms on the map (one of them has a door that's boarded up). Is there a way to get in there or something?

You can get into every room on the map yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Also in the PAL version you can't get an A-rank except in NG+, because it requires more money than is in the game

• Locked thread