Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao some shitlord in a party of 2 that dropped into the strike playlist was AFK for the first half of the omnigul strike and I messaged him to tell him to move his rear end. Then he came back and when I died, he bagged my orb and let me go to timer.

Told him I was done, sat down the rest of the strike, pulled a god roll orS/CB/SB/3rdeye grasp and messaged him the screenshot.

Then the next strike was the new Nexus so I got to the relic orb first, grabbed it, started dancing and messaged him and his buddy to kiss my rear end. I kept dancing while I made lunch. I'm not sure what my 15 new messages say but they are probably funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
:discourse:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Serious question: do people think they hosed up and reverted to the big time SBMM with the last hotfix or did the game really just see pvp player numbers fall off a cliff after iron banner?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Serious question: do people think they hosed up and reverted to the big time SBMM with the last hotfix or did the game really just see pvp player numbers fall off a cliff after iron banner?

The second one more likely but also possibly the first one.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
The cliff imo. I know I kinda hit the cliff after Banner and haven't gotten on since

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I get on and dick around once in a while but I'm not really feeling it lately. My highest character is 392 and if it weren't for 3oC I wouldn't even be that. Still haven't done the raid either.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
You should at least check it out once. It certainly didn't get the repetition that all the other ones did as a lot of people have been burned out since the start of year 3 or sooner, but it's still a good raid.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stream: Feb 8, 10AM PST
Patch: Feb 14

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There is still SBMM. Maybe it's slightly less heavy handed.

But that doesn't matter because only sweaty cunts play this game now.

That's my gut feeling.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

There is still SBMM. Maybe it's slightly less heavy handed.

But that doesn't matter because only sweaty cunts play this game now.

That's my gut feeling.

Its a bit of both. Numbers are way, way down but i still get 4v3 games in the daily after it takes ages evaluating. While other dudes I know who rarely play pvp or gently caress around with smurf accounts find games pretty quick.

The dawning and internal elo reset they did seemed to make match making way easier to find games for about 8 hours before it was back to the same poo poo.

The patch is cool, but loving pointless if they dont fix the lobbies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/1fSMYxd.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/1DL4Agc.gifv

suppressing fire
http://i.imgur.com/sUcSRT5.gifv

IM NOT OWNED
http://i.imgur.com/abxlM26.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 3, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
tbt

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wow a Morphine reference never would have expected it

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
gonna dust off plan c next time I'm on, holy poo poo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Except that's not plan c.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dust it off anyway. Its p good.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:saddowns:

Exotic fusion rifle that starts with p ends in ee

I'll dust them both off

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Yeah the Secret Hidden Dragon Orchid or what the gently caress ever it is seems to be in the hands of all the 400 light people who smoke my rear end. There's another but I'll have to play later to remember.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never got Pocket Infinity.. or Icebreaker :saddowns:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
http://i.imgur.com/cCOVFRJ.gifv

did someone say plan c????

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 3, 2017

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Captain Log posted:

Yeah the Secret Hidden Dragon Orchid or what the gently caress ever it is seems to be in the hands of all the 400 light people who smoke my rear end. There's another but I'll have to play later to remember.

Primary meta is, in order from most to least popular

- Very low impact pulse (clever dragon, waltz or grasp of malok), ideally with High Caliber Rounds
- Mid impact hand cannon (eyasluna or palindrome) with rifles barrel
- No Land Beyond
- The Last Word

Special meta is, in order of popularity:

- Very high impact shotgun (matador) with rifled or reinforced barrel or one step down in impact if you don't have that (party crasher)
- High impact sniper (1k stare, LDR, Winged Word)
- Saladin's Vigil with rifled barrel
- Crow's Eye sidearm with a damage barrel, or Wormwood archetype otherwise (people have said conflicting things on HCR but it's easy to get one with it while you grind out a waltz)

Heavy meta is:

- Silvered Dread with field scout (this poo poo is far beyond broken)
- Truth
- G&H rocket launcher
- Zombie Apocalypse with a damage mod (props to ABGD for explanation here)
- Bonekrusher / Bane of the Taken with Rifled Barrel

For somebody starting back up right now, I would recommend doing the following:

- grind FWC rep, primarily for a waltz with either perfect balance or smallbore, HCR, and your choice of CB/RF/HH. Save good rolls on the sidearm, fusion, rocket launcher
- buy the vendor palindrome
- grind DO for the shotgun and sniper
- buy the vendor event horizon/get devils dawn from skeleton key chest
- grind archons forge for saladins vigil and the sniper

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Don't forget Take a Knee on MGs is OP as gently caress (shoutouts to ABGD again, it's A+)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I just got a CB, Take a Knee, Rifled/Braced Bonekrusher on my alt lmao it owns so hard

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Menstrual Show posted:

- Very low impact pulse (clever dragon, waltz or grasp of malok), ideally with High Caliber Rounds
- No Land Beyond
- The Last Word

- Very high impact shotgun (matador) with rifled or reinforced barrel or one step down in impact if you don't have that (party crasher)
- Crow's Eye sidearm with a damage barrel, or Wormwood archetype otherwise (people have said conflicting things on HCR but it's easy to get one with it while you grind out a waltz)

Heavy meta is:

- Truth
- G&H rocket launcher

- grind FWC rep, primarily for a waltz with either perfect balance or smallbore, HCR, and your choice of CB/RF/HH. Save good rolls on the sidearm, fusion, rocket launcher

This is an EXTREMELY helpful post. Genuine thanks.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I started up the story last night and played for about an hour and a half. Did the russian area and got to the big hub offworld.
The gunplay is very satisfying! I am mostly running towards baddies, doing supressing fire and then stabbing them down. I am feeling a bit like a Ninja.

This is my second console FPS since getting the PS4 and the second one I can control. I'm starting to think the reason I found console FPSes so difficult before now is the lack of the DualShock4.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Add me if you want some story help.

BlindSite55

Im trying to play the daily at peak time and its stuck on evaluating and wont gimme a complete lobby. Best its done is 11 players 3 of em redbar. Gg bungie you loving cunts.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Finally finds a game gets to 9900 v 9950. Slide round a corner mag dump tlw into a dude, punch him.

I die from shotgun, he falls over dead we lose. He has red bar. Gg bungie

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Menstrual Show posted:

- No Land Beyond
- The Last Word

Heavy meta is:

- Truth
- G&H rocket launcher

If you like hand cannons for PVP, buy the vendor palindrome (Crucible quarter master). It is a very good roll.

If you have dead orbit ranked up, you can buy a competitive shotgun. It isn't a god roll at all, but you won't be totally outclassed.

Use Truth or an older good roll machine gun until you can get a good one to drop.

If you are grinding light levels, the weekly strike bounties can have some good gear via RNG. Lots of the bone krew still run strikes, so getting the bounties done isn't too hard. Otherwise run some forge for a ghost/artifact.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
we should have listened to the cabal
http://i.imgur.com/hZMP1T0.gifv

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It always starts the goddamn strike before I have a team

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
People go to "change characters" so they don't have to load a strike if they don't want to do it

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No I mean it starts without finding anyone at all. Just launches it with me solo. I wait and wait and no one joins in.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's probably because you're queueing up for the low level strikes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or your connection is so lovely that you somehow got below Bungie's already comically lax restrictions.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

After like 40 twists of fate

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I should ask my friend with sattilite internet to play this game.

Soulex posted:

No I mean it starts without finding anyone at all. Just launches it with me solo. I wait and wait and no one joins in.

:prepop:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Soulex don't wait. By my best guess it drops people in at checkpoints, like the game looks and checks the fireteam size at various points only instead of constantly.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Angry Walrus posted:

It's probably because you're queueing up for the low level strikes.

xzzy posted:

Or your connection is so lovely that you somehow got below Bungie's already comically lax restrictions.

Both of these are true.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Soulex don't wait. By my best guess it drops people in at checkpoints, like the game looks and checks the fireteam size at various points only instead of constantly.

I almost beat Phogoth by myself at level 22 twice because no one kept joining :(

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Oh for the non 320 or playlist strikes RIP no one plays his game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I actually reported someone for the second time in my seven years. Dude was red barring and over 7k in a non-Rift PVP. I unloaded my auto rifle, then my shotgun, then stabbed him twice with him standing there like a loving dolt. Then I magically exploded.

I still feel guilty for reporting him. What if he was just some poor fellow with a bad connection? Could I send him Peggle to play instead?

• Locked thread