Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I ain't ashamed to admit I teared up a little at Alex's post game in memorium

brother, i teared up after she won a single game. what a goddamn shame she didn't get to go to the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Groovelord Neato posted:

brother, i teared up after she won a single game. what a goddamn shame she didn't get to go to the tournament.

I hope they at least mention her when that comes around.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
wasn't the question basically "this flour is made from ground up cassava?"it wound up not mattering, but arrowroot and cassava are not the same thing

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
Bach was a triple stumper. These contestants had literal pudding for brains.

Glenn_Beckett fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 18, 2017

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I was a big fan of Laozi's Art of War

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

HookShot posted:

I started throwing up and couldn't stop.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
The Martin-Short-Chase question threw me off. Just the phrasing of it. Like, I spent way too long wondering what Martin Short was chasing.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

HookShot posted:

It is the empty space which makes the bowl more useful (to hide an IED)

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.
My best friend's brother was on Friday (and won!) and again Monday (lost.) It's been really cool hearing about the process from people who went to a taping. Congrats Eli. :3:

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

appleskates posted:

My best friend's brother was on Friday (and won!) and again Monday (lost.) It's been really cool hearing about the process from people who went to a taping. Congrats Eli. :3:

LOL he was the guy who won like $4k on Friday because everyone got final wrong and the other two bet too much, right? One of the least ept champions.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

appleskates fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 19, 2017

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
He commented that champions usually win much more because they're not usually morons.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I missed final jeopardy tonight but it sounded like something dumb happened?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The Picasso one? Not that I recall but I kind of half watched it.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

zenguitarman posted:

I missed final jeopardy tonight but it sounded like something dumb happened?

A zero bet from the lady in second place even though she got it right meant that she came in third rather than second by $1. That's about it.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I'm a little surprised they didn't accept "Moonies" for the Unification Church (or issue a correction). Though I can understand why, as they specifically asked for the church, not its members. It still seems like a bit of a gray area.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
That was a stupid FJ question.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

nikosoft posted:

Super awkward phrasing, obscure original source, non-obvious back linkages from the "contemporary" (60's) derivative works. Really bad.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Super awkward phrasing, obscure original source, non-obvious back linkages from the "contemporary" (60's) derivative works. Really bad.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought so. It really feels like they have a new clue writer and they haven't quite trained them well, or something. There have been some really bad categories lately.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"If they married" category was too hard

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5507

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

that was one of the all-time worst

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I know next to nothing about pop culture so I thought it was just me being dumb when I only got one of them.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

nikosoft posted:

Assuming you're referring to "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf", yeah. That was brutal. I came to the thread to post about it, it was so rough.

I guessed "Bare Necessities" from Jungle Book but was nowhere close.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
At least Loren is gone.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I like how the girl who won was totally going to pretend she said NASA until the judges caught it

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I like her though. She wins largely by wagering correctly.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

You could say she wins bigly

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I liked today when the guy who had no shot at taking over first place and no chance of third place catching him bet everything on Final Jeopardy, got it wrong, and left with $1,000.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

CPColin posted:

I liked today when the guy who had no shot at taking over first place and no chance of third place catching him bet everything on Final Jeopardy, got it wrong, and left with $1,000.

Almost as much schadenfreude as watching some confused old man do horribly on Wheel of Fortune (and Pat Sajak being relentless in mocking him about it) prior to Jeopardy coming on.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Pat was just saying what America was thinking :colbert:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I wish someone had caught that and made it a clip on Youtube. It was amazing.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Quiznos.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Watching it now, I hope Lisa's Schlitt sticks around for a while longer.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In 2004 these two pals go to White Castle; in 2008, they escape from Guantanamo Bay

"who are Kenan and Kel?"

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

In 2004 these two pals go to White Castle; in 2008, they escape from Guantanamo Bay

"who are Kenan and Kel?"
I would 100% watch that, I loved K&K as a kid.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Conversation of Gas!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Almost as much schadenfreude as watching some confused old man do horribly on Wheel of Fortune (and Pat Sajak being relentless in mocking him about it) prior to Jeopardy coming on.

years and years ago there was a wheel of fortune episode where it was parent or grandparent/child or grandchildren pairings. one pair was this woman and her ancient grandmother and the board was something like YES VIRGINIA _HERE IS A SAN_A CLAUS and the old bat actually said "W".

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Groovelord Neato posted:

years and years ago there was a wheel of fortune episode where it was parent or grandparent/child or grandchildren pairings. one pair was this woman and her ancient grandmother and the board was something like YES VIRGINIA _HERE IS A SAN_A CLAUS and the old bat actually said "W".

My favourite is MAGIC _AND

He also said "W"!

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
Question about how the game contestants prepare for Jeopardy. Are they given a list of categories that will be asked out of a list of many?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

nope, only way to prepare is to know many things