Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ah yes, that most belligerent of countries that harbors radical Islamic terrorists, Norway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

psydude posted:

Ah yes, that most belligerent of countries that harbors radical Islamic terrorists, Norway.

The trump presidency has really empowered the loving morons that work in customs.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Still waiting for that pivot.

It's never coming, is it?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They literally loving told him it was Obama's fault

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Arc Light posted:

Look at this slaver scrub. NCR now, NCR forever. Old world values like democracy, taxation, and bitching to random passerby about your last PCS.

Tandi would be rolling in her loving grave if she knew what the NCR has become :colbert:

holy poo poo

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I mean, we all knew about your normal jack booted thug police cops, and the border patrol guys who think their job actually matters. But who actually expected CBP to start loving power tripping? Does sitting in an airport all day scanning passports and looking angrily at people make you THAT xenophobic?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

psydude posted:

Edit
Whoops. You said Islamic.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
guys i think we might be the bad guys this time

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Chichevache posted:

Edit
Whoops. You said Islamic.

Isn't this the salute you use to get through customs quicker?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Still waiting for that pivot.

It's never coming, is it?

you can pivot 360

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

shyduck posted:

They literally loving told him it was Obama's fault

That's the part that really gets me

Do heinous poo poo and then lie and say it's Obama's fault

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Blind Rasputin posted:

Isn't this the salute you use to get through customs quicker?

This made me chuckle

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Can't wait to get detained next time I go to the US despite having being a Canadian with a clean background check and a goddamn NEXUS card

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i like that you can tell right where the prisons are near my town :saddowns:

Same, but with Indian reservations up near traverse bay.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There is some poo poo going down right now with the Secret Service

https://twitter.com/SCClemons/status/827403181810348034
https://twitter.com/SCClemons/status/827404672625319936
https://twitter.com/SCClemons/status/827407614963167232
https://twitter.com/SCClemons/status/827407973550956544
https://twitter.com/SCClemons/status/827408307308466176

shyduck fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 3, 2017

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

He had his own private security crew that he kept around even after he was under secret service protection. Maybe it's related to that?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

SperginMcBadposter posted:

He had his own private security crew that he kept around even after he was under secret service protection. Maybe it's related to that?
Yeah, could be part of that "restructuring" that Steve hinted at. The timing of it all, in the middle of the night assuming this happened in the last couple of hours makes it a little more curious

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I was kind of surprised you could bring in your own private security. Seems like that would be a bit of security problem in its own. When was the last time this happened?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
What the gently caress?

Are we legit seeing this poo poo happen?

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Reminder that Customs & Border Protection is now run by the former Executive Director of a hate group.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress?

Seriously: What the gently caress?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Night of the Small Hands

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Victor Vermis posted:

Night of the Small Hands

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

Night of the Small Hands

bah gawd its victor vermis with a steel chair!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mattis warns North Korea of 'overwhelming' response to nuclear use

quote:

Mr Mattis spoke in South Korea, where he had been reaffirming US support, before flying to Tokyo.

He also reconfirmed plans to deploy a US missile defence system in South Korea later this year.

Speaking after talks at the defence ministry with his South Korean counterpart Han Min-koo, Mr Mattis told reporters that "any attack on the United States, or our allies, will be defeated, and any use of nuclear weapons would be met with a response that would be effective and overwhelming".

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Victor Vermis posted:

Night of the Small Hands

KRISTALLNUBS

edit: or something that is better german than my attempt

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

psydude posted:

I mean, we all knew about your normal jack booted thug police cops, and the border patrol guys who think their job actually matters. But who actually expected CBP to start loving power tripping? Does sitting in an airport all day scanning passports and looking angrily at people make you THAT xenophobic?

Kind of makes sense. "Now we can be like the big boys!" Mentality. Plus, who's joining CBP in the first place? Doesn't strike me as a top tier place with people begging to get in. Could be wrong, would be interested to hear what a current / former employee has to say.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Victor Vermis posted:

Night of the Small Hands

mama mia :perfect:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

A soldier on duty near the Louvre museum in the French capital, Paris, opened fire on a man who attempted to attack him with a machete, officials said.

The man had rushed towards a group of soldiers and guards in the Carrousel du Louvre, the underground plaza near the museum, according to Michel Cadot, the Paris prefect. Wielding the weapon, the man shouted "Allahu akbar" (God is greatest), Cadot said.
The soldier fired five shots in response.
The attacker was wearing two backpacks and may have had a second weapon, Cadot said. He was seriously injured by a bullet to the stomach. The solider was lightly injured.
No explosives were found in the backpacks of the man, who was taken into custody alive.
About 200 people are in lock-down inside the Carrousel du Louvre, and the nearby metro station has been shut down, Cadot said.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Oh for god's sake. Every time this poo poo goes down I get scared to go out because as a brown dude I'm terrified someone will think I'm one of those bastards. gently caress the lot of them.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

welp you're all completely hosed

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

guys i think we might be the bad guys this time

Yeah but keep going. Up the ante IMO. So next time there's a war the traditional US allies can say go get hosed and not get involved.
I was afraid at first, now I realise that Trump isolating himself and the US means great things for ANZUS and other anglo traditional allies.
Sucks for eastern europe/NATO and you people though. But ANZUS can be broken up* and canada can say go get hosed over for example Iran or anything in the China or middle eastern region, and not be a target.
*You only helped after Japan attacked you anyway.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 3, 2017

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

So good luck when someone shoots at you. I don't get where they're going with this one.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Hexyflexy posted:

So good luck when someone shoots at you. I don't get where they're going with this one.

House of cards season 2

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Secret Service has demonstrated themselves to be complete trash over the last couple of years though, so they were probably due for some management level firings

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

You're more right than you know, Bondevik is a holy piece of poo poo. He's an ordained minister and repped the Right-Wing Christian party, smuggest of smug politicians. He's shook hands with two of your sitting presidents, by the way.

Trust me, he's the most slippery snake in the world, but then only real damage he could do to the US is getting Trump a Nobel peace prize. If it was up to me you could keep him.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/827338905766596609

well good luck with that guy who left his wife for a younger model

edit:

Kazinsal posted:

Can't wait to get detained next time I go to the US despite having being a Canadian with a clean background check and a goddamn NEXUS card

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/827483415280754689

I'm so glad I came back from ATL on the 22nd and not around now, jeez

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Feb 3, 2017

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

I don't want to use this word lightly, because I think it's wrong to, but he's actually loving retarded isn't he.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Well then I don't wanna be right!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/827338905766596609

well good luck with that guy who left his wife for a younger model

Gonna wait on this one, given the last false start people reported on gay rights.

Also wouldn't be surprised if it's a generic "yay christian values!" announcement, which, depending on denomination, means all of the above.

• Locked thread