Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

It literally takes the same amount of of exp to go from 90 to 100 as it does from 1 to 90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

uhh what world war 1 scopes have a neon green stripe on them?

Radium sights were around back then and they treated the stuff like when homer was growing the tomaccos and he rubbed plutonium on his gums

hahaha this is way better in spanish and filmed with a potato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZsSMZa5FE

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Live At Five! posted:

So I just did the math on how much more xp I need to reach rank 100 and it's absurd. I'm rank 88 and in total I have 8.6 million score. I need 11.4 million or so score. I realize they did that because there isn't prestige or anything like that but drat that's a lot of xp
Just wait until the expansions add ranks 101-140 :shepface:

It is interesting to me that I have literally never seen a rank 100 player though. Even with the absurd amount of XP you need, I figured there'd at least be a small population of sperglords that reached 100 after week 1, let alone after three months.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I've seen two different ones.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Play back to basics, I've seen multiple over there. I love back to basics but it seems the better players have migrated over there. So I'll play a few rounds and then head back to normal conquest so I can go 40 and 10 with the selbstlader

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

It REALLY makes me happy that this is igniting interest in what is called, "The Forgotten War" by historians. Strangely, TFR has some of the best educated people on the subject. At least they did when I posted there years ago.

If you need some recommendations just ask, WW1 is really hard to grasp because empires were fighting that most people don't know about. (The Ottoman Empire, Australian involvement in the war, etc.)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

moist turtleneck posted:

Radium sights were around back then and they treated the stuff like when homer was growing the tomaccos and he rubbed plutonium on his gums

hahaha this is way better in spanish and filmed with a potato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZsSMZa5FE

Haha crazy.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Excuse me sir, could you get down please?
https://gfycat.com/HappygoluckyDismalDavidstiger

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Played some operation on kaisersknacht yesterday as the German empire. I don't know what was up with it but we'd won both stages of the operation within 15 minutes, only losing maybe half of one battalion in the process. I think I saw maybe 4 enemies total including the train car in Amiens.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Apparently the next patch is changing the initial vehicle spawns to not kick in until everyone has loaded into the match. Was there another good reason to get an SSD beside loading in first and getting your choice of vehicle?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Oh gently caress that.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea gently caress that and I don't even have a ssd. I can see that glitching out on them. Spawns already get screwed up sometimes as is

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Next :dice: will decide my internet is too fast and gimp my aiming to accommodate players with slower connections.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Poors should not be allowed to play this game at all. I thought that's why we fought ww1 in the first place

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

People on stock Xbox drives spawn in like a minute after the game has started.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

No Fastest, the poors will muck around in the trenches while us gentlemen dance with the angels.

As white rich Jesus intended.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

No Fastest, the poors will muck around in the trenches while us gentlemen dance with the angels.

As white rich Jesus intended.

FYI ace combat 7 sometime this year and it's gonna be dope.

You're right tho. Who we would dart if we didn't allow the unwashed masses to play

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

Yea gently caress that and I don't even have a ssd. I can see that glitching out on them. Spawns already get screwed up sometimes as is

Yup what if someone attempts to quit and the server thinks they're still loading the next map even though they're quitting? How the gently caress is it gonna track this? The cheat way would be to enable vehicle spawn 30 seconds after the game starts.
Then people would just stay at the spawn screen for 30 aeclnds

It's honestly fine as it is, it's not a terribly huge advantage.

loving fix how weird the spawns work not the initial rush of a fresh map load. It's so weird how sometimes you might not even get a vehicle respawn for a solid 8 minutes despite there not being any tanks out there.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I personally like being late into games, because it means I can spawn into someone's taxi that's already halfway across the map instead of having to run 2km out of the base toward somewhere useful only to get plinked by a Russian Sniper on the other side who's barely left his.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Beastie posted:

Next :dice: will decide my internet is too fast and gimp my aiming to accommodate players with slower connections.

100ms ping handicaps for all

Finger Prince posted:

I personally like being late into games, because it means I can spawn into someone's taxi that's already halfway across the map instead of having to run 2km out of the base toward somewhere useful only to get plinked by a Russian Sniper on the other side who's barely left his.
This is the realest thing ever posted in this thread.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
Artillery truck shenanigans

I'm outta here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDYmfKH0GVo

Stolen ride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYF9JOdXM-w

Loss of stolen ride, not recommended for epileptics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v2fZAAIgfc

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

sunday at work posted:

Apparently the next patch is changing the initial vehicle spawns to not kick in until everyone has loaded into the match. Was there another good reason to get an SSD beside loading in first and getting your choice of vehicle?

BUT I PAID FOR THAT VEHICLE SLOT
:goonsay:

:lol:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Great now it'll be too equal. Now the winner will be decided by whose edgelords get killed first so someone useful can get in a tank. :dice: never changes.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I'm some where in the neighborhood of 55. I have made rank 10 in each class, mostly unlocked everything.

I have never done a bayonet charge.

It never even comes up as an option.

Rifle with bayonet equipped? Check!
Press W and hold Left Shift to start running forward Check!

Prompt to start bayonet charge? Womp Womp
Hold F while holding W and Left shift? Womp Womp

What in the gently caress am I missing? Can I hire some one for free for lessons?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
What is left shift is this some dang ol Nintendo Swutch nonsense

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Live chatting the switch conference ftw

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
i have some of you already but xboners add XBOX UNSUCK

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/ExaltedDecisiveCooter
Shot down a plane yesterday

https://gfycat.com/DisgustingIckyHerald
Then some rude dudes immediately tried to take away my turret

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Press the Melee button while sprinting.

Is there a faster way to rank up tanks. I've been taking objectives and wrecking mans/tanks/planes nonstop and just now hit level 2. Maybe switch to the version that drops ammo?

Also the howitzer light tank rules. 63 damage on a heavy tank :wow:

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

red19fire posted:

Is there a faster way to rank up tanks. I've been taking objectives and wrecking mans/tanks/planes nonstop and just now hit level 2. Maybe switch to the version that drops ammo?

Yes take breakthrough and poo poo out health/ammo on flags and in packs of pubbies and you'll be 10 in no time

of course be sure to hog squad leader at all times if you need to unlock stuff or otherwise care about ~scoreboard~

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The best way to level up the tanker class is to use the arty truck.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

RCarr posted:

The best way to level up use the tanker class is to use the arty truck.

:smuggo:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Half the time I spawn in a tank the game will make me a pilot, cavalry, or (rarely) infantry class. It honestly feels like 4/5 the time at the beginning of a map. Until I hit level 10 tanker it was pretty annoying - although it still sucks when you're a cavalry and can't repair.

Happens to me in planes too but just as a cavalry, never a tanker.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
man so I'm dogsitting for a buddy this weekend, he said if I got bored I could earn him some warbucks so whatever. his account just got started in the game and it's like playing as a child among grownups without my beloved shotgun or any uh... any real pistols or any optics and just lol.

However his TV is twice the size of mine and it's like being in the god drat future

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ol Standard Retard posted:

man so I'm dogsitting for a buddy this weekend, he said if I got bored I could earn him some warbucks so whatever. his account just got started in the game and it's like playing as a child among grownups without my beloved shotgun or any uh... any real pistols or any optics and just lol.

It's more like you are the grownup playing among children because it's not matchmaking you based on your skill.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I can't think of a single medic or assault gun variant that I prefer having optics on.

Iron sights are just heaps better.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RCarr posted:

It's more like you are the grownup playing among children because it's not matchmaking you based on your skill.

I mean, I did score a lot of points I guess.

Has anyone parsed what "skill" drives matchmaking? If it's just the number of your rank, I didn't really notice any god drat difference in team composition based on this empirical evidence of one potatophone picture of a TV.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Has anyone parsed what "skill" drives matchmaking? If it's just the number of your rank, I didn't really notice any god drat difference in team composition based on this empirical evidence of one potatophone picture of a TV.

You're either playing at my level or you're not

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's a literal "skill" value that you are assigned. You can check it on the battlefield.com stats site. Don't ask me how they determine that number though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RCarr posted:

There's a literal "skill" value that you are assigned. You can check it on the battlefield.com stats site. Don't ask me how they determine that number though.

I remember this from BF3, I'm assuming it's an equally contrived and idiotic measure in this game because DICE!

I'm 340 units skilled!