Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

First thing I did when I had enough pills was upgraded shivs and shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

You posted three times in this thread before Zipperelli claimed the last one :/ They're really hard to get

Yeah I missed the original post. It's no big deal, but if someone ends up with an extra I'll play the hell out of it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

Its worth that much, imo

I bought it. After feeling like I got a good deal getting Mafia III for 20 bucks I felt like I had extra money in my pocket

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whoa that "Customer is King" scene at the start of chapter 3 in Yakuza 0 is amazing. Whoever writes these games is top notch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bought it. After feeling like I got a good deal getting Mafia III for 20 bucks I felt like I had extra money in my pocket

Probably not a bad price. The first 3-4 hours it's novel enough to be fun. And then it's worth another 3-4 of middling fun before it becomes torturously boring.

E:NMS not Mafia.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Whoa that "Customer is King" scene at the start of chapter 3 in Yakuza 0 is amazing. Whoever writes these games is top notch.

That scene is basically one of the best scenes in the entire franchise.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Have you gotten to the sidequest with the woman and the college age daughter yet?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

veni veni veni posted:

Probably not a bad price. The first 3-4 hours it's novel enough to be fun. And then it's worth another 3-4 of middling fun before it becomes torturously boring.

E:NMS not Mafia.

Tbh this also kinda describes Mafia 3

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

As a newb to the series, I haven't felt as good about buying new as I have about Yakuza 0 for a long time. This is delightful in the weirdest ways. It's so terribly schlocky and so brilliantly schlocky and so fundamentally Sega it's driving me nuts. It's like "we've learned nothing about cameras for 20 years. We've been too busy honing everything else. Go hog wild."

I like this game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PantsBandit posted:

Anyone know why Tales of Berseria is 10 dollars more expensive on PS4 than PC? Is there any actual difference or is it just an arbitrary "gently caress you" to console owners?

PC game pricing is a race to the bottom to combat piracy and Steam sales, they've always been cheaper than the console versions.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morby posted:

Have you gotten to the sidequest with the woman and the college age daughter yet?

Nope, I just started Chapter 3 last night and went to sleep after that cutscene.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've been playing Miku Future Tone for a long time now but I still have at least two unanswered questions about it:

1. Maybe it's a general music game thing but why do some tracks not have one of the difficulty levels? I guess I can understand if a song is really fast and its hard to make a sensible easy level, but what about ones that have easy and hard but no medium?

2. Is there some way I can't conceive of to keep a hold input held down beyond when it asks for that input again? Obviously you can't get the max hold bonus if you have to let your finger off one of the buttons so you can push it again a half second later. Holding down right and then pushing circle, for example, also cancels the hold. Are those max hold bonuses deliberately made impossible to get?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I am up to the Q's and I have yet to play a Cuture Tone song that didn't have medium. Which ones are missing it?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

I am up to the Q's and I have yet to play a Cuture Tone song that didn't have medium. Which ones are missing it?
Packaged is the one I thought of immediately, but I think there are four or five more.

edit: if you scroll down the song list on normal you won't even see them at all. It made it hard to keep track of which songs I had not yet attempted on any difficulty level.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Feb 3, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Samurai Sanders posted:

Packaged is the one I thought of immediately, but I think there are four or five more.

edit: if you scroll down the song list on normal you won't even see them at all. It made it hard to keep track of which songs I had not yet attempted on any difficulty level.

Ah, that would explain why I haven't seen them: I have been playing everything on Normal. In any case, I don't have an answer to your question because it seems weird to me too.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

Ah, that would explain why I haven't seen them: I have been playing everything on Normal. In any case, I don't have an answer to your question because it seems weird to me too.
Yeah, I am worried people are missing some good songs looking only at normal.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

PantsBandit posted:

Anyone know why Tales of Berseria is 10 dollars more expensive on PS4 than PC? Is there any actual difference or is it just an arbitrary "gently caress you" to console owners?

You're lucky it's only $10. All PC versions of games have been cheaper than console versions since forever, it isn't malicious, it is just how the market works.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I am worried people are missing some good songs looking only at normal.

Voc@loid In Love only has a hard mode track. I accidentally ran across it doing something else, but was pleasantly surprised to see it in the listing since it felt like a huge oversight for that song not to be there.

Also, in answer to your earlier questions, I have no idea. I have not figured out what it is you're supposed to do when it asks you to hold O and then immediately follows up with an O input.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MZ posted:

You're lucky it's only $10. All PC versions of games have been cheaper than console versions since forever, it isn't malicious, it is just how the market works.

all isn't really true; aaa games stopped doing that ages ago and have price parity on all platforms. it's still a lot easier to get them on sale tho, even pre release, so you tend to pay less either way

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

all isn't really true; aaa games stopped doing that ages ago and have price parity on all platforms. it's still a lot easier to get them on sale tho, even pre release, so you tend to pay less either way
Or use key sites, if that's how you choose to live your life.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Manatee Cannon posted:

Not here, PC games are always £10-£15 cheaper than the console versions

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
ps 4.50 update
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

Has anyone gotten an invite to the beta?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Ghost Recon Wildlands is definitely a winner. Went from a probably buy to a preorder.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh. They might as well give up on selling most themes if they are going to let you just set a game screenshot as a theme. I never knew why they sold themes in the first place rather than giving them as free promotion for upcoming games anyway.

edit: I've said it before but Future Tone rules like crazy. From a cost/benefit perspective its one of my top five games ever probably. I have like ten uncompleted games but I still can spend hours straight on that one just trying to get a higher rank on various songs. It's nuts.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 3, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HOLY gently caress, external HDD SUPPORT??!?!??!

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Oh wow, does the launch PS4 have USB 3.0 ports??

External HDD support is awesome!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh. They might as well give up on selling most themes if they are going to let you just set a game screenshot as a theme. I never knew why they sold themes in the first place rather than giving them as free promotion for upcoming games anyway.

Can't love corn via a screenshot

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FishBulb posted:

Can't love corn via a screenshot
Animated backgrounds will still be worth it but those are a minority. I use the earth one myself.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I bought the Rasta skeleton with dreadlocks and a sick pair of Beats around his neck.

Really suited my whiteboy with a desk job gaming lifestyle.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

MZ posted:

Oh wow, does the launch PS4 have USB 3.0 ports??

Yes, they're all USB 3.0, if I recall correctly.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dang, my external drive is not 3.0 but still very cool that they're adding support.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why did I delete all 80gb of BF4 last week :qq:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Obsurveyor posted:

Yes, they're all USB 3.0, if I recall correctly.
A launch PS4? I though they were all 2.0 and 3.0 only started with the newest revisions.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

Chances of Sony eventually letting us use the Pro's extra power on unpatched games (at our own risk)?

According to Neogaf, sounds like they found a way.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

A launch PS4? I though they were all 2.0 and 3.0 only started with the newest revisions.

All 3.0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally, with a 5TB hard drive attached I might be able to keep all the games I never play installed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

External hdd? Lol univbee its your birthday, son!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

blackguy32 posted:

Ghost Recon Wildlands is definitely a winner. Went from a probably buy to a preorder.

Yeah I was expecting major jank and mediocre graphics but it's beautiful and slick and fun. Only question now is if I want it digital or not.

Combat is a little thin but more fun than expected.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

External hdd? Lol univbee its your birthday, son!

:toot: Now they just have to ensure it's not tied to a specific console.

univbee fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was about to ask a question on replacing the hard drive and if there's an easy way to transfer my stuff, but it looks like I won't have to :toot:

What would be a good external HDD? Preferably something that would improve load times on certain games.