Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

LionArcher posted:

Thinking of grabbing a retro boy in the summer, and going to start collecting old GBA games. Anyway to tell if the karts are fake or not? Retro boys and 3DS are perfect for a Bug out bag when everything goes to hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqwDN-njSls

I watched this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0gq5EjDXM

New footage of the Breath of the Wild confirms that it runs at 60 fps, but only at 720p resolution.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/827526323648266240

loving blue balled.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rexroom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0gq5EjDXM

New footage of the Breath of the Wild confirms that it runs at 60 fps, but only at 720p resolution.

What does this mean? It's 60fps undocked but lower docked?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Phimosissy posted:

What does this mean? It's 60fps undocked but lower docked?

Watch the video

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I lost on the 49th level of the Cave of Ordeals (3 armored swordsmen) and now I don't believe in video games anymore.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Alec Eiffel posted:

I lost on the 49th level of the Cave of Ordeals (3 armored swordsmen) and now I don't believe in video games anymore.

Watch the video. You will.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

Watch the video

don't tell me what to do :colbert:

I can't watch it now, so I was hoping for an explanation but I'll watch it (much) later when I can

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Phimosissy posted:

don't tell me what to do :colbert:

I can't watch it now, so I was hoping for an explanation but I'll watch it (much) later when I can

The video is called The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Mr Aonuma takes on a Guardian

its a joke

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alec Eiffel posted:

Should've bought the Zelda amiibos then.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Get the Magic Armor. Rupees are piss easy to find in TP and multiple darknuts are dicks.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Keiya posted:

Get the Magic Armor. Rupees are piss easy to find in TP and multiple darknuts are dicks.

I think they're doing the cave where you have to be a wolf that's only in the WiiU version which has an effect on the Midna/Link amiibo to transfer a powered up wolf to Breath of the Wild...so no magic armor.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

That would be the Cave of Shadows.

Cave of Ordeals is the normal armourable one.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I played through that last week and I only used the magic armor on that one level with ten thousand ice fuckers. I like fighting darknuts and flying lizard guys and poo poo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Phimosissy posted:

I played through that last week and I only used the magic armor on that one level with ten thousand ice fuckers. I like fighting darknuts and flying lizard guys and poo poo

if only you could do that in the cave of shadows. god i hate ice enemies, and archers.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I thought it was really cool that they brought all the context sensitive moves from WW and put them into TP so you could do them whenever, I think it added a lot to the combat system

I did not like that all the enemies were drooling morons and could never kill you in a million years, rendering the improved combat pointless

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
We're almost 3 weeks away from launch and this thread is a ghost town. I'm so desperately scouring the internet for everything Zelda related to get in the mindset that I came across this amazing piece of insanity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSruceDBjwM

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Breath of the Wild has gone gold, so they are probably working on the day 1 patch that makes the game work right now.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I saw a cool theory on Reddit that the giant robot guardian animals aren't dungeons themselves, but you have to use them to get to the dungeons.

They all start off kinda berserk so you need to go inside them (the big mechanical dungeon-like sections we saw in the trailer) to fix them, so those could be kinda mini dungeons (but bigger than the shrines); then once you've fixed them they take you to the 4 main dungeons, like the giant turtle does in Majora's Mask.

Camel guardian - Carries you through the huge sandstorm in the desert (which is visible in the trailer)
Lizard guardian - Takes you inside the otherwise impenetrable Death Mountain
Bird guardian - Flies you to the dungeon? Which could be that giant square structure at the top of the map
Elephant guardian - Swims you across to that big isolated island in the bottom right corner of the map

Maps in question:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I got two questions

This game out yet

What's in skull lake

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Lemming posted:

What's in skull lake

Spookers!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lemming posted:

What's in skull lake

Definitely not skulls

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lemming posted:

What's in skull lake

water

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Nice

You just moved to the top of my list

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Lemming posted:

I got two questions

This game out yet

What's in skull lake

A friendly Stalfos with a pumpkin farming mini game.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lemming posted:

I got two questions

This game out yet

What's in skull lake

The best fishing mini-game ever seen by human eyes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm in Skull Lake.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm in Skull Lake.

Howdy neighbor.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Bluegill, Lake Sturgeon, Largemouth Bass, Muskellunge (Muskie), Northern Pike, Smallmouth Bass, Tiger Muskellunge (Tiger Muskie) and Walleye.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
edit wrong drat thread.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Spoilers be damned, but Pinocchio is confirmed to be in BotW.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can't wait to constantly hear Jiminy Cricket yelling 'Listen!'.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Where does this Zelda fit in the Kingdom Hearts timeline? Between 2.8888888 and 2.88889 I think

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/764174/Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-gold-Nintendo-Switch-sequel-news

I'm expecting that they release a new Switch only Zelda game within 18-24 months. Now that they have the game engine and a team experienced making a massive open world game they can easily put a Majora's Mask-like sequel together since all you need are new locations, new characters, new story, and then QA to make sure everything runs smoothly. Plus a BoTW follow-up by the same team with some unique twists would also probably prompt a second wave of mass Switch purchases as people who held off and kept their WiiUs just say gently caress it and buy for the new Zelda. Nintendo really, really needs the Switch to be a runaway success and if sales look weak 1 year in the internet will be full of bloggers proclaiming the death of the Nintendo console for all time.

Or maybe some Switch exclusive DLC, like "Travel to the Island of X and discover the mysterious Sheikah ruins" and you get a new decent sized map to roam in.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

We're halfway between the Switch event and the release. And I. Am. DYING.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

pentyne posted:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/764174/Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-gold-Nintendo-Switch-sequel-news

I'm expecting that they release a new Switch only Zelda game within 18-24 months. Now that they have the game engine and a team experienced making a massive open world game they can easily put a Majora's Mask-like sequel together since all you need are new locations, new characters, new story, and then QA to make sure everything runs smoothly. Plus a BoTW follow-up by the same team with some unique twists would also probably prompt a second wave of mass Switch purchases as people who held off and kept their WiiUs just say gently caress it and buy for the new Zelda. Nintendo really, really needs the Switch to be a runaway success and if sales look weak 1 year in the internet will be full of bloggers proclaiming the death of the Nintendo console for all time.

Or maybe some Switch exclusive DLC, like "Travel to the Island of X and discover the mysterious Sheikah ruins" and you get a new decent sized map to roam in.

Honestly, they should just start a 3D-2D Zelda cycle every year or two on the Switch. I'd love to see what kind of interesting top-down games they could make in full HD.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Spoilers be damned, but Pinocchio is confirmed to be in BotW.

im the 10 eur price ticket.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
breath of the wild is going to be bad because link's hair isn't pink.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

pentyne posted:

Nintendo really, really needs the Switch to be a runaway success and if sales look weak 1 year in the internet will be full of bloggers proclaiming the death of the Nintendo console for all time.

Man, that would rule. Imagine being able to play Nintendo games without having to buy Nintendo's overpriced, garbage-tier hardware. Maybe someday soon.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

breath of the wild is going to be bad because link's hair isn't pink.

If you burn your eyes with a flashlight in the right spot and always look at the same part of Link so the afterimage lines up on his head you could make his hair look pink to you

If you're a true, dedicated fan, you would