Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Testekill posted:

I'll buy them when Konami write a consistently competent female character.

Yuya's mom. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MiddleOne posted:

Why did it have to be Crow Konami? :argh:

Because the director Ono did 5D's as well. There's no blaming Konami on this one, there's not time or place to sell Blackwings. The director simply wanted to bring Crow back for some reason.

ApeHawk posted:

I kinda like the idea of the boss monster being this ever-growing threat that each supporting character tags in to try to defeat over the course of one duel. Better than simply starting a duel each time with a fresh field.

I like that idea too, but we've gone through six duelists and all they've collectively achieved was making Zarc setup his field, gain 3K lifepoints and use maybe 8 or 9 cards from his deck. The second Crow synchro summons next week Clear Wing will revive, so nothing Jack and Gongenzaka did will have mattered. If they were chipping down at him, figuring out how his deck works and what weaknesses to exploit then i'd be down for this, but so far its been that the good guys spend all their resources on a move and Zarc saying "nope." like a 12 year old who printed his own cards.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 17, 2017

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

like a 12 year old who printed his own cards.

Ah, so he is Jaden Yuki.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I like that idea too, but we've gone through six duelists and all they've collectively achieved was making Zarc setup his field, gain 3K lifepoints and use maybe 8 or 9 cards from his deck. The second Crow synchro summons next week Clear Wing will revive, so nothing Jack and Gongenzaka did will have mattered. If they were chipping down at him, figuring out how his deck works and what weaknesses to exploit then i'd be down for this, but so far its been that the good guys spend all their resources on a move and Zarc saying "nope." like a 12 year old who printed his own cards.

One of the Battle Spirits seasons did this for the finale, actually: for whatever reason the protagonists had to beat the final boss three times, so they all fought him one after another. Then when the main character's turn came they all sort of teamed up.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zarc will be beaten by missing the timing

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

My money's on him decking out.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kay Kessler posted:

My money's on him decking out.

Chojiro "ENJOY!" Tokumatsu jumps in and just Cardian locks him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
FUUUUUUUCK

https://twitter.com/yugioh/status/822537693586423808

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Welp I don't live anywhere near any of the movie theaters that are showing it. That card looks cool as heck though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I haven't posted in this thread in a really long time but man this Zarc stuff is really weak and I miss cool stuff like Sora vs. Shun and Yugo vs. Sawatari and anytime Jack appeared.

Also I miss the Yuzus. Remember the Yuzus? They used to be, like, important and stuff. :(

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
We never did get that Sora/Shun tag duel.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

We never did get that Sora/Shun tag duel.

Shun never got his Rank 12. :sigh:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I knew that stopping during the Yuya Sits In A Hotel season would be the right choice

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

corn in the bible posted:

I knew that stopping during the Yuya Sits In A Hotel season would be the right choice

Remember when some of us were hype as hell for Jack Atlas
Godamnit I want to like synchro season because of the really good latter part of it (roger is hands down Arc Vs best villain) but so much stuff didnt happen for the longest time.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I like most of the actual duels during the Synchro arc but we really didn't need a tournament arc immediately following another tournament arc.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rigged Death Trap posted:

(roger is hands down Arc Vs best villain)

Uhhhhhhhh?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

(roger is hands down Arc Vs best villain)

Please :colbert:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If he did take Yuya to the gas chambers wed be spared this zarc bullshit

Btw I love how Leo instantly Jobbed.

And how momma Akaba got all indignant "Rey? Who the gently caress is Rey"

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 26, 2017

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

I like most of the actual duels during the Synchro arc but we really didn't need a tournament arc immediately following another tournament arc.

According to the episode 141 preview the series might end on yet another tournament arc.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
i have no problem with tournament arc's personally. its an excuse to see a bunch of different people duel

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
I was enjoying the ridiculous Zarc duel until the whole "Oh Btw my dragon wasn't a valid target for destruction this whole time oops sorry I didn't tell you" like, the endless obnoxious card recycling was kind of neat but that was just rude, hmph.

Leo getting instantly whooped was pretty funny though, not going to lie.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I saw Dark Side of Dimensions tonight, and overall I liked it. I had a few minor complaints, but for the most part it was enjoyable.

I do have one biiig complaint though...

Atem returning at the eleventh hour to save the day and then vanish again was kind of bullshit. It sort of throws the entire point of the Ceremonial Duel from the end of the series and Yugi's character arc out the window for a single 'cool' moment in the movie. Bleh.

I'm aware I'm probably going to be the only one with this opinion, considering how loudly the rest of the theater was cheering when it happened.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'll probably agree with your spoiler

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dexie posted:

I saw Dark Side of Dimensions tonight, and overall I liked it. I had a few minor complaints, but for the most part it was enjoyable.

I do have one biiig complaint though...

My big complaint is Aigami being the most ineffectual YGO villain

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

JamMasterJim posted:

Well at least he had a cool deck that is barely playable outside of its boss monster.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

JamMasterJim posted:

See, I can't entirely agree with that. When he was only having to deal with Yugi and his crew, he was handling things fine. His ineffectiveness was entirely because Kaiba was operating on a level ten times higher than everyone else in the movie. Like, seriously, he was approaching Abridged Series levels of rules screwing throughout the entire film.

I'm honestly not sure which was worse. Kaiba stopping Aigami's banishing by simply putting on his duel disk, or Kaiba pulling Obelisk out of literally nowhere in his duel with Aigami.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

At least he didn't literally hack the game to win or threaten suicide this time.

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

Well that sure was an episode of Arc-V.

The dub of DSoD made Kaiba even gayer for Atem. And I saw the movie in Japan where Tsuda stood in front of me in person proclaiming Kaiba's undying love for Atem.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Whys everyone naked all of a sudden

And please please please dont end it on a tournament
Please no

though what I think will happen is that the sealing only repeats thw whole memory wipe/messing with stuff and Zarc comes back much quicker, BUT AS A BABY

Alt:
Zarc has died and gone through the afterlife good karma machine ans is reborn as Craz

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The episode was... wacky.

Show uses its themes fairly well in its big important episodes, but the leadup to them gets worse and worse as we go forward. The show is a mess but there's good elements in this mess. Hope the next few episodes are very mind-bending.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dark Side of Dimensions was loving amazing

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That ending elevated that movie from a solid 8 to an 11, what an immaculate way to end it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

DSoD was amazing. From a voice directing, to script to visual directing standpoint, everything shined.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Dub VD so we're clear?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, Eric Stuart is killing it in this movie.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm so excited to watch this movie in anywhere between 3 months and never. (there's no local release)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

Dub VD so we're clear?

Yup.

Still need to see the subbed release (which is confirmed to come with the NA release of the BD, it's possible that next month's JP BD release also has an english sub track but it's not clear) to compare, but the dub version might be more definitive or at least much better for first viewing since a lot of the villain talk in the original is more about the rules of bamfing and being in a higher plane of existence while the dub has Aigami talk more about his motives and emotions.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Whenever she's not on screen everyone should be asking "Where's Yuzu?"

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

Hjalmar posted:

Whenever she's not on screen everyone should be asking "Where's Yuzu?"

Believe me, I've been doing that the entire series. All the Ray-ettes deserved so much better, every fleeting moment they got to actually do something ruled. Reira included! It's a shame, but then it's not like they're the only cast members Arc Vs writers let down. Just gotta be glad for the few good moments and duels we did get for them along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Remember when Sawatari was shown as a competent and intelligent duelist? One that could actually go toe-to-toe with Yuya?

I miss those days.