Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

exser posted:

If anyone has invites they want to give out, my uplay is exser.

Deakul posted:

New page, reposting the beg. :shobon:

Dinurth posted:

Looking for PC invite: uplay is "Rondies"
I sent friend requests to you three in case you didn't get invites yet. I'm "some_dillweed" on Uplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Grog posted:

I sent friend requests to you three in case you didn't get invites yet. I'm "some_dillweed" on Uplay.

Accepted, thanks!

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Grog posted:

Accepted, thanks a lot!

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

The invite page is going at a crawl, if it loads at all. I just sent both of yours, so hopefully they went through.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Grog posted:

The invite page is going at a crawl, if it loads at all. I just sent both of yours, so hopefully they went through.

I received my invite from Lynx but have yet to actually have the Beta pop up on my UPlay account, so I'm wondering if they're having technical issues. I hope I can start downloading before I leave for work so I can try the beta tonight. Ugh.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

hcreight posted:

I received my invite from Lynx but have yet to actually have the Beta pop up on my UPlay account, so I'm wondering if they're having technical issues. I hope I can start downloading before I leave for work so I can try the beta tonight. Ugh.

It takes about an hour to appear.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
I did get the invite, thanks! Just waiting for it to pop up in Uplay now.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Grog posted:

Got the email and accepted, now to wait for it to show up in my list. Thanks again, duder!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Grog posted:

Awesome, I'll let him know, he should be on soon.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 3, 2017

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Okay, I just sent your friend the invite. I missed that part earlier. Yeah, I need to get some sleep.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Anyone with an extra invite mind sending me one for pc? Uplay is Umhyguy.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Got you

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

My thanks!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm incredibly pleasantly surprised by this, although admittedly had very low expectations. Looks great on PS4 Pro/4k tv, good controls, good fun.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Well i got in, but the invite page wont unfuck itself for me to get my friends in. Is anyone else having major errors with the invite page and closed beta pages in general?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Vehicles don't really feel like vehicles at all and squad AI is brain dead, pretty much my only gripes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but reddit is like 100% negative opinion. Expectations seem to make a big difference.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Deakul posted:

Vehicles don't really feel like vehicles at all and squad AI is brain dead, pretty much my only gripes.

This is absolutely not a single player game. I know that it's possible to play it as one, but you will have infinitely more fun grabbing three buds and doing dumb tacticool bullshit that completely falls apart and leads to car chases with the Bolivian supercops.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Is there some kind of clanplatoon support or something to find goons to play with or is it friend everyone in the thread time?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Obsurveyor posted:

Is there some kind of clanplatoon support or something to find goons to play with or is it friend everyone in the thread time?
There is this page - http://www.ghostrecon.com/network - where you can create a Task Force (clan I guess?) and set some poo poo for it etc.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Are there any ps4 codes floating around out there? Or is this mostly a pc goon thread. I've heard very mixed reviews for this game so far so I'd really like to try it for myself before release.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but reddit is like 100% negative opinion. Expectations seem to make a big difference.

Well, while it's competently made, I'm honestly not sure how much longevity might be in this. I've been playing with friends for a few hours, and while it's been fun, pretty much every major mission so far boiled down to "here's a fortified compound, grab the thing at its centre". That's been fun and all so far, but it seems like it could become fairly repetitive in a hurry. Scout with the drone, shoot everyone on the way to the objective with your powerful silenced guns, then make a break for it once you're close.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Looking for an invite for Xbox or PS4 if anyone's got one to spare.

Xbox: BCRock
PS: BC-Rock

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Im hoping that the game opens up quite a bit once you leave the first area. My main complaint is that the cover system is a bit wonky. It doesn't always recognize that I am in cover

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Since I didn't get in, is there an NDA preventing streaming? I'd like to watch some goons play a bit if possible. ElJebus0 if any PS4 goons are allowed to stream while playing.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

There is this page - http://www.ghostrecon.com/network - where you can create a Task Force (clan I guess?) and set some poo poo for it etc.

Does that surface in game?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Obsurveyor posted:

Does that surface in game?

I know there is a tab for inviting people from your task force.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Perestroika posted:

Well, while it's competently made, I'm honestly not sure how much longevity might be in this. I've been playing with friends for a few hours, and while it's been fun, pretty much every major mission so far boiled down to "here's a fortified compound, grab the thing at its centre". That's been fun and all so far, but it seems like it could become fairly repetitive in a hurry. Scout with the drone, shoot everyone on the way to the objective with your powerful silenced guns, then make a break for it once you're close.

Yeah I'm concerned about that too. A lot. Especially since I usually play on my own. But reddit seems to hate everything about it.

El Jebus posted:

Since I didn't get in, is there an NDA preventing streaming? I'd like to watch some goons play a bit if possible. ElJebus0 if any PS4 goons are allowed to stream while playing.

No NDA this time.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Reposting a beg from the very first page, still haven't gotten one and would really appreciate it.

PSN: BitBasher
Uplay: TheBitBasher

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 3, 2017

Skulleye
Jul 31, 2004
I would love to try the game if anyone has an invite :)

Uplay: runemel
PSN: runemel

Thanks in advance!

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

If anyone has a spare beta key for PC my uPlay is IronDog42. Much appreciated!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Reddit basically went in expecting a Ghost Recon of yore even though literally every single piece of footage we've seen before the beta has showed it as anything but.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Orv posted:

This is absolutely not a single player game. I know that it's possible to play it as one, but you will have infinitely more fun grabbing three buds and doing dumb tacticool bullshit that completely falls apart and leads to car chases with the Bolivian supercops.

How easy is it to just drop in with randos?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

marshmallow creep posted:

How easy is it to just drop in with randos?

You hold Enter and wait about 15 seconds. That's litterally all there is to it.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
If there are more PC invites to be had I'm Obstacle2 on uPlay.

Would appreciate it!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Two more personal annoyances - no subtitles, can't lock radar rotation.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I'd love a key if anyone ends up with extra.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Two more personal annoyances - no subtitles, can't lock radar rotation.

Wow really, no subtitles pretty mich makes it a guaranteed pass. That sucks.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Do the cars feel really weird to anyone else? Like they're on rails or something.
And yeah no subtitles suck if English isn't your first language as I have a hard time with some of the accents here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

There are definitely subtitles.

They're under the languages option.

• Locked thread