Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003
I have some ps4 invites

BitBasher and skulleye have friend requests since you left your uplay name (from hapheous)

Edit: I'll have 3 more ps4 invites on another account for those intersted, just leave your uplay name.

four different rabbits fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
OctaMurk on UPlay PC if anyone has spare keys, would really appreciate it thanks!

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

four different rabbits posted:

I have some ps4 invites

BitBasher and skulleye have friend requests since you left your uplay name (from hapheous)

Edit: I'll have 3 more ps4 invites on another account for those intersted, just leave your uplay name.

My uplay name is V_for_Vegans

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Deakul posted:

There are definitely subtitles.

They're under the languages option.
I guess it's cool for the game to never mention subtitles as a possibility, and to make it impossible to enable them in-game, unlike the majority of games to this date.

Not even to mention putting them into one of the least relevant menu categories.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I guess it's cool for the game to never mention subtitles as a possibility, and to make it impossible to enable them in-game, unlike the majority of games to this date.

Not even to mention putting them into one of the least relevant menu categories.

I'm not sure where you'd expect subtitles to be other than under languages. Audio, maybe. Also what games mention subtitles as a possibility? I mean if you looked at the FAQ for the beta it listed which languages have UI, voice, and subtitles support.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm not sure where you'd expect subtitles to be other than under languages. Audio, maybe. Also what games mention subtitles as a possibility? I mean if you looked at the FAQ for the beta it listed which languages have UI, voice, and subtitles support.
The vast majority of games has subtitles under audio, accessibility, interface, or general/gameplay options, since either of those is more relevant to subtitles than language options.

As for mentioning subtitles, the game did walk me through language selection on startup, but didn't ask if I want subtitles. Naturally, the assumption that I was done with language options fell flat on its face.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I have some ps4 invites

I accepted your Uplay friend invite but I have no idea how that gets me a PS4 invite. Ps4 invite was what I was looking for, thanks either way! I have no idea how Uplay works on PC, I just installed it to accept this friend invite.

My PSN is also BitBasher

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 3, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This game has some issues. However, hopping in a jeep with 4 goons and driving over the mountains and the hills to a sicario's house to murder them all is the greatest thing ever.

PS. Don't ever let me fly a chopper. Landings are a bit of a problem for me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i got a code this morning and its downloading now.

my psn is pengun1o1

four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003
I'm not entirely sure how the invites work either, I think you should be getting an email. Eventually you'll get an email with the psn code.

Just sent out the two invites.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I have some ps4 invites

Awesome, Just got it! Thanks!

four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003

V for Vegans posted:

My uplay name is V_for_Vegans

I tried to add you but it says it cannot find this name

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I'm not entirely sure how the invites work either, I think you should be getting an email. Eventually you'll get an email with the psn code.

FYI it was kind of odd. I got an email that you sent an invite, and a button to accept it. This took me to Ubisofts website where I logged in and it didn't appear to do anything. 5 minutes after that I get another email that looked almost identical to the first except it had a PS4 in it. Worked though, downloading now!

four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003

BitBasher posted:

FYI it was kind of odd. I got an email that you sent an invite, and a button to accept it. This took me to Ubisofts website where I logged in and it didn't appear to do anything. 5 minutes after that I get another email that looked almost identical to the first except it had a PS4 in it. Worked though, downloading now!

They have a really messed up system for this stuff... glad it worked though!

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Didn't realize you'd need my Uplay Nick for console invites. My Uplay is BCRock if anyone has a spare invite for either console.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Cars are floaty like GTA 4, you have to brake often and take turns slow. On the other hand, Helicopters and Dirtbikes feel great!

four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003

BCRock posted:

Didn't realize you'd need my Uplay Nick for console invites. My Uplay is BCRock if anyone has a spare invite for either console.

sent a friend request(from vicoaks)... it'll be a ps4 code

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Tried to add you, can't find you.

Thanks anyways, got an email!

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 3, 2017

four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003

El Jebus posted:

ElJ3bus if you have any left. Thanks!

Tried to add you, can't find you.

Skulleye
Jul 31, 2004

Did it say what e-mail it was sent to? I can't seem to find it.
Thank you very much in either case :)

four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003

Skulleye posted:

Did it say what e-mail it was sent to? I can't seem to find it.
Thank you very much in either case :)

It'll be whatever email you registered for uplay with. I think if you go here you can see if the invite worked http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-GB/beta/index.aspx?Lang=en-GB

If that looks good then check here https://account.ubisoft.com/en-GB/beta-access for the code. That's if the emails aren't showing up.

four different rabbits fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 3, 2017

Skulleye
Jul 31, 2004

It'll be whatever email you registered for uplay with. I think if you go here you can see if the invite worked http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-GB/beta/index.aspx?Lang=en-GB

It suddenly appeared in my account. Thanks! :D

four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003

Skulleye posted:

It suddenly appeared in my account. Thanks! :D

Awesome, glad it worked.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

El Jebus posted:

If I get one I'll hook you up. Still haven't though.

Oh poo poo didn't we play the division at some point? my memory is somethin else. I got some keys so hit me on PSN if you want in (yellowjournalism)

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Well, since it doesn't appear anyone else has, I created a task force. Friend Obsurveyor on Uplay for an invite. Here's the public page for all the dumb info. Feel free to suggest updates.

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/3275/JEFF-K-IS-OSCAR-MIKE

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

OctaMurk posted:

OctaMurk on UPlay PC if anyone has spare keys, would really appreciate it thanks!

Sent nerd.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I really hope they expand subtitle coverage in release version, just the storyline chatter every now and then does not quite cut it.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Obsurveyor posted:

Well, since it doesn't appear anyone else has, I created a task force. Friend Obsurveyor on Uplay for an invite. Here's the public page for all the dumb info. Feel free to suggest updates.

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/3275/JEFF-K-IS-OSCAR-MIKE

Friend request sent

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
If anyone has a PC invite left, I'd appreciate one. homeopathy2002 on uplay.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
Same boat as the poster above, needy and begging. I'll love you always for a PC invite. OutOfBand_II is the UPlay

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

mellowjournalism posted:

Oh poo poo didn't we play the division at some point? my memory is somethin else. I got some keys so hit me on PSN if you want in (yellowjournalism)

I think it was Division and Siege? Or just one of them. I got a key and have other friends to invite, too. Once it is downloaded I'll be on later if you are playing.

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo
this game is garbage

Ghostsauce fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 5, 2017

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Hard posted:

Sent nerd.

Thanks! Many mans will be shot now

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

I tried to add you but it says it cannot find this name

Is it case sensitive? Turns out it's all lower case so it'd be v_for_vegans

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Vehicles seem fine but maybe it's just the extra sensitivity I get from using these tall sticks on my controller. Also, the dirt bike is a true ATV. Aim for a fence because hitting those at high speed after falling off a mountain doesn't kill you. :q:

four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003

V for Vegans posted:

Is it case sensitive? Turns out it's all lower case so it'd be v_for_vegans

that's exactly it, works fine like that.

Edit: I guess you don't need to accept the friend request... beta invite sent.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
how is it so far. i have heard mixed things about it so far. mostly AI complaints. my internet is poo poo so who knows how long it will take til the download is done.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 3, 2017

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Tamayachi posted:

Cars are floaty like GTA 4, you have to brake often and take turns slow. On the other hand, Helicopters and Dirtbikes feel great!

I loved the cars in GTA4 cause they actually felt like vehicles, can't agree on that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

how is it so far. i have heard mixed things about it so far. mostly AI complaints. my internet is poo poo so who knows how long it will take til the download is done.

AI is bad. Maybe you have to give them orders or something but they have barely ever fired unless someone gets real, real close. They won't get on their own dirt bikes either but they'll teleport straight to you if you fly down a mountain, get knocked off and die get off yours.

• Locked thread