Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/827422734267215876

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

how did ian miles cheong go from being a nazi to getting involved in anti-MRA internet drama and back to defending collaborators

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fiction posted:

how did ian miles cheong go from being a nazi to getting involved in anti-MRA internet drama and back to defending collaborators

once you go quack you never go back?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lmao he died his hair white, is he trying to be milo

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Karl Barks posted:

lmao he died his hair white, is he trying to be milo

Yes.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Fiction posted:

"Hmmm, who is willing to pay me today for some click bait outrage?"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
miles "tails" cheong

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
someone explain the pathology of being an east asian nazi apologist? just simple self loathing and a craving for zykklon B? milo i get, ernst rohm was gay after all and on top of that im not sure if milo has any kind of commitment to anything besides himself. he still deserves bad things though unequivocally.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/827275284244074496

Can't let Milo get all that free press now can we.

I know Hannity is also heading to Berkeley. This is going to be a thing.

cool maybe he will get a bat to the skull now. maybe lumpy will get his head caved.

didn't this dickhead write a book talking about how the civil rights marchers at selma were the real villains?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Milo was on Tucker last night trying to sell some books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaZwoAd4oVU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
only thing dangerous about that guy is the frightening levels of hair frost

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Bud K ninja sword posted:

is looking like an extra in a Lit music video just another one of milo's masterful trolls?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Al! posted:

is looking like an extra in a Lit music video just another one of milo's masterful trolls?

its sad his masterful trolling is just above 15 year old SA Edgelord level if he didnt make it about his sexuality as well

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s&t=16s

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its sad his masterful trolling is just above 15 year old SA Edgelord level if he didnt make it about his sexuality as well

milo's a guy who posts "im gay" and refreshes a thread 500 times in a row legitimately expecting it to shock somebody

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al! posted:

milo's a guy who posts "im gay" and refreshes a thread 500 times in a row legitimately expecting it to shock somebody

The joke is that he gets people to respond to him tho.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Milo is what happens when a QCS whine thread comes to life and gets a speaking career

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

paranoid randroid posted:

Milo is what happens when a QCS whine thread comes to life and gets a speaking career

:perfect:

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

"Hey comrade Petrov, why don't we have any members?"
"I don't know comrade Ivan...It's a mystery."

Fuckin' tankies.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Talmonis posted:

"Hey comrade Petrov, why don't we have any members?"
"I don't know comrade Ivan...It's a mystery."

Fuckin' tankies.

it's about quality not quantity, aren't you watchin' young pope? a few fanatical followers are better than a bunch of half-devoted masses

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

it's about quality not quantity, aren't you watchin' young pope? a few fanatical followers are better than a bunch of half-devoted masses

If liberals are the enemy, who's left after they're done?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Just for more reasons to hate on Milo

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

if someone decked him hard enough he'd collapse but his hair would remain immobile and just float in the air for a few seconds before crumbling and slowly being blown away by the wind like dust

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Unfunny Poster posted:

What's the casus belli to destroy a Starbucks next to the campus? I ask because I'm confused on what that company, and other local businesses along with individuals whose property was destroyed by the people protesting did to deserve that. Like I get going after Milo/Spencer/whoever, but how does that justify it spilling over onto random other people who dared to be in the area around UCB?

that poor Starbucks!
it has a family!
quick, let's call an ambulance

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

cool maybe he will get a bat to the skull now. maybe lumpy will get his head caved.

didn't this dickhead write a book talking about how the civil rights marchers at selma were the real villains?

yep

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

precious :allears:

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Laphroaig posted:

The pantomime, the play, becomes the stage upon with real politics starts. Without punching a nazi, you don't get a conversation about violence in political discourse. Without looting a starbucks, you don't get handwringing over property rights. Ultimately, symbolic actions are symbolic - its a trite statement to call it pantomime because of course it is. That doesn't mean it isn't part and parcel of the deadly serious politics.

The left in the US lost really badly at the ballot box. I think it was a mixture of bad tactics, arrogance, and dissatisfaction with the status quo of our capitalist system and global order, the continuance of which was represented by Hillary Clinton in particular and the Democratic party in general. "But the Republicans are just as bad or worse!" is 100% true, but they could at least clearly articulate a new vision for the future - a horrible one of "BUILD THE WALL" and "STOP ISLAM!" and "A RETURN TO VALUES", but its a vision of a different sort of future than the previous grey bleakness that was setting in.

I remember how fired up Obama got people - Hope and Change and the promise of a new, better future. Well, it got lost in the incrementalism of the current global order. The rich got richer, the poor got poorer, and 8 years later we've still got ourselves bombing muslims for no loving reason and now we have an insane clown president with, it feels sometimes, unlimited and unchecked presidential power.

All of the protests, now, are people rejecting that new vision of the future - the wall, the immigration orders, etc, - but the mainstream left is STILL advocating the fantasy of returning to that same grey, bleak status quo as the best way forward. They need to advocate a new vision for America that goes beyond the incrementalism of the current Democratic Establishment and offers a real choice. All of the neo-fascists are coming out of the woodwork, and you can't bash-a-fash them back like a whack-a-mole game. The people need to be given a real, tangible vision of a different kind of country, and way of life, and future, or the Bannons and Milos of the world will step in and offer their vision instead.

I agree with almost all of that, which makes me confused as to why you're not agreeing with me. You need positive demands, and just as importantly you need a credible strategic vision for how you're going to realize those plans. If you say, "We need to take symbolic action to provoke a discourse that will make those demands and strategies cohere" you can use that to self-justify just about anything, whether it's anarchist antifas punching Nazis or geriatric tankies marching down the street with a 4' x 8' Stalin portrait. Over my life I've watched a lot of movements come and go trying to make their pantomime to shift the discourse, and if your requires intense organizational focus on nobodies like Milo and Richard Spencer I expect you're going to join all the rest in the dustbin.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Thug Lessons posted:

I agree with almost all of that, which makes me confused as to why you're not agreeing with me. You need positive demands, and just as importantly you need a credible strategic vision for how you're going to realize those plans. If you say, "We need to take symbolic action to provoke a discourse that will make those demands and strategies cohere" you can use that to self-justify just about anything, whether it's anarchist antifas punching Nazis or geriatric tankies marching down the street with a 4' x 8' Stalin portrait. Over my life I've watched a lot of movements come and go trying to make their pantomime to shift the discourse, and if your requires intense organizational focus on nobodies like Milo and Richard Spencer I expect you're going to join all the rest in the dustbin.

correct me if im wrong, but it doesn't seem like it's antifa's responsibility or interest to put forth positive demands or a credible strategic vision? antifa isn't an attempt to reconstitute a new government under its own banner, it's an implicit threat of violence in the streets if things continue to proceed down their current path

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Al! posted:

correct me if im wrong, but it doesn't seem like it's antifa's responsibility or interest to put forth positive demands or a credible strategic vision? antifa isn't an attempt to reconstitute a new government under its own banner, it's an implicit threat of violence in the streets if things continue to proceed down their current path

I never thought of antifas as a movement so much as an individual statement of purpose, and an individual choice what behavior i can and will tolerate. I never thought of it as any big group movement and honestly political organizations trying to improve things shouldnt worry about milo starfucker one iota.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ciccmaher/status/827292734532755458

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i can believe that and i agree it should be shut down.but they could have done it a better way like without lighting the campus grounds on fire and clubbing random people in town unconscious.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i can believe that and i agree it should be shut down.but they could have done it a better way like without lighting the campus grounds on fire and clubbing random people in town unconscious.

To the point that they got the president to threaten their institution, I can believe that this will happen again.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Probably not

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so its the property damage thing? The problem you always get with large protests are fringe elements, and unfortunately a lot of folks dont really have a plan or experience to police their own, from what i heard there was about 20 cops and over 1000 protesters. the cops tried to protect personal lives over property and some of the more black bloc folks went a little happy on a few banks and some other stuff. Its kinda hard to police your own as a non cop with no weapons or guns when 20 people around you pull on black balaclavas and you realize poo poo is going down.

not excusing it but poo poo it shouldnt color the whole protest over some mayhem folks.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so its the property damage thing? The problem you always get with large protests are fringe elements, and unfortunately a lot of folks dont really have a plan or experience to police their own, from what i heard there was about 20 cops and over 1000 protesters. the cops tried to protect personal lives over property and some of the more black bloc folks went a little happy on a few banks and some other stuff. Its kinda hard to police your own as a non cop with no weapons or guns when 20 people around you pull on black balaclavas and you realize poo poo is going down.

not excusing it but poo poo it shouldnt color the whole protest over some mayhem folks.

Also you have to figure 50% or more of the crowd was at least a little drunk

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

If campuses don't want their public areas burned to the ground, maybe they could

I dunno

Not pay speaking fees to a Nazi sycophant

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

time your antifa riots to coincide with sports games so Real America will just chuckle and shrug it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Really Pants posted:

time your antifa riots to coincide with sports games so Real America will just chuckle and shrug it off

or time with sports games wins and losses so no one pays any attention at all