Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

DatonKallandor posted:

And once upon a time the ship and module shipping was announced with sensible numbers. Just because the initial annoucement sounds good doesn't mean it stays that way by the time it comes out.

:allears:

you know it would be so refreshing if you just once waited to see before instantly jumping on the :salt: train

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Zest posted:

Now to finally turn the tables a bit in a RES by just deploying fighters while mining

a little parkable, slow moving DS9-type platform that 4 people could share to mine :allears:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:allears:

you know it would be so refreshing if you just once waited to see before instantly jumping on the :salt: train

I was positive when they announced the transfers. I was positive when they announced PowerPlay. I was positive when they announced CQC. Frontier has disappointed again and again. Why should I give them the benefit of the doubt again?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

DatonKallandor posted:

I was positive when they announced the transfers. I was positive when they announced PowerPlay. I was positive when they announced CQC. Frontier has disappointed again and again. Why should I give them the benefit of the doubt again?
\

E: this is you, you're eeyore

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 3, 2017

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

DatonKallandor posted:

Fantastically, you can set him on ignore and never read his weak attempts to rile up people he secretly agrees with.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Zigmidge posted:

Fantastically, you can set him on ignore and never read his weak attempts to rile up people he secretly agrees with.

This was the best side effect of all the mod drama

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

DatonKallandor posted:

Remember when Sandro was absolute and adamant about srvs not requiring fuel?

lol

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
N4I are you really from the eve thread, confirm or deny

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

KakerMix posted:

lol

I remember and now I'm sad.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

KakerMix posted:

lol

remember when they backtracked and made fuel components stupid easy to find?

i :member:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

DancingShade posted:

I'm sure that's what I experience yes.

I'm not doubting your experience, but why it happens. The more I moved up in combat ranks, the bigger the ships against me. My small ships keep getting medium interdictors, with the occasional large, unless it's a low level 'Novice' mission that spawns those enemies that give you bonuses. Otherwise, when I just have cargo or what have you, it's a bunch of jerks that outclass my humble ship.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
If Sandro is actually the mastermind behind the game's grognard design then he's playing an excellent shell game to get the brown sea to do his bidding.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

KakerMix posted:

lol

Please detail exactly how many times you've almost run out of fuel in an SRV.

My educated guess is zero.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mu77ley posted:

uh oh they might put you on the ignore list :ohdear:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
They really need to add a 1-2 minute timer upon loading into super cruise before an NPC spawns behind you and tries to interdict you.

I love that you can literally see them spawn directly behind you on the radar.

"Fear me!"

Also less repetitive dialog.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

oh no you don't, I'll get you to tell me why you're the best at eve (and everyone else is the worst) if it's the last thing I do

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

remember when they backtracked and made fuel components stupid easy to find?

i :member:

Mu77ley posted:

Oh no I am shamed by these rip-roaring and scathing tear downs of my cool and good negative opinion on this here space game oh noooooooooooo

The point of this exercise is to illustrate how what Frontier says means absolutely gently caress-all when it comes to features they are going to implement. They say instant friends-take-your-turret-control now but that doesn't mean we'll actually get it because Frontier does this all the time.

Hope this helps you guys in the future~

Also the srvs still run on gunpowder lmao

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mr. Crow posted:

"Fear me!"

I'm gonna boil you up!

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Nah

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Morter posted:

I'm gonna boil you up!

smh if you don't say this to your kettle when you make tea

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

quote:

I've come a long way for what's in your hold, don't try to run!

Oh, so you've traveled hundreds of light-years for 4 modular terminals?

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
You've made your last jump, space dust!

I'm hoping to rank up in Federation rank to get a Federal Gunship for multicrew, but man it takes so long to get rank. I got like 3% today, not very encouraging.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Goddamnit, more reasons to fight over ice rings, some sort of maneuvers over black holes

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Mr. Crow posted:

They really need to add a 1-2 minute timer upon loading into super cruise before an NPC spawns behind you and tries to interdict you.

I love that you can literally see them spawn directly behind you on the radar.

"Fear me!"

I've seen a few instances of the call line going out, and not seeing an NPC for a while, then noticing them taking off from a planet way out in the sticks to catch me. But I've also watched them pop right on my butt after coming out of witchspace, so YMMV.

So stoked for multicrew :kimchi:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Turmoil posted:

Oh, so you've traveled hundreds of light-years for 4 modular terminals?

This but I have no cargo.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ah k so it looks like the turret gunner has all the guns slaved to one reticle.

In space citizen you're meant to get in an actual single turret and aim it yourself.

I will definitely be logging in to see if you can attack stations.

Even if it makes you pay part of the ship rebuy I've got that 17 drac money and don't mind burning mine to burn other people's.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Are they giving hard point deployment control to the gunners?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zigmidge posted:

Are they giving hard point deployment control to the gunners?

Only for turrets.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Oh dear.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zest posted:

I've seen a few instances of the call line going out, and not seeing an NPC for a while, then noticing them taking off from a planet way out in the sticks to catch me. But I've also watched them pop right on my butt after coming out of witchspace, so YMMV.

So stoked for multicrew :kimchi:

The best thing is getting the chat message, then seeing them spawn ahead of you. They'll approach from the front, turn around instantly as you pass them, interdict, you submit/low wake and continue in the same direction. Then you get their threat in chat again, and they suddenly warped a few ls in front of you. Rinse, repeat until you jump out or manage to land.

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.
Fight the drat interdiction, it's easy now and it solves that problem for a few minutes

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Just trade in a war anaconda lazily adapted by switching the HRP's for cargo bays with all the tanky death dealing stuff in place, you'll make more money from dead pirates than the cargo.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Just trade in a war anaconda lazily adapted by switching the HRP's for cargo bays with all the tanky death dealing stuff in place, you'll make more money from dead pirates than the cargo.

If one wanted to do this, what's a good not too expensive build? Worth it to bring a fighter bay along?

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

TorakFade posted:

If one wanted to do this, what's a good not too expensive build? Worth it to bring a fighter bay along?

I leave my shields permanently in the top slot biweave, fighter bay I'll leave if I need lots of cargo room but keep for fun, ditto fuel scoop. Shield cell bank in the military slot, with a heat sink in utility.

Then c3 gimballed burst lasers in the two upper hardpoints, burst turrets in the c2 upper slots and the c1, huge and large multi-cannon on the lower slots.

You can make it cheaper (but still hard hitting) with pulse instead of burst and drop your power plant down to the lowest that provides enough power for all your stuff, you don't need the best sensors or life support. Fill utility slots with shield boosters, store them if your reactor isn't beefy enough.

Thrusters, distributor and FSD need to be good.

Edit:

coriolis build
https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda...2Ftrade%20conda

263 million 13 million insurance.
274 cargo (with fuel scoop)

Morningwoodpecker fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 4, 2017

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

TorakFade posted:

Fighter bays are useless because AI pilots are poo poo.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Xae posted:

Not true at all once you have them ranked up. My pilots tear up the joint and are gonna hit elite before I ever do.

The only place they aren't very effective is CZs being railgun sniped to death constantly.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Xae posted:

I like fighter bays on the big ships (Anaconda, Cutter) because they distract the enemy long enough for me to line up my big beams, rather than some jerk just endlessly flying circles around me.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Xae posted:

This isn't true at all :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Harmless ones are.

• Locked thread