Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Luna Was Here posted:

What are your color settings, oh great gamer lizard

Standard 40/80

color temp: 96/98/94

no icc profile or nvidia control panel adjustments, that gets all wonky with a lot of fullscreen applications and engines

e: You could use Theatre and tweak settings to increase saturation if you like color vividness more in tune with 60hz displays but it could oversaturate some ranges.

For that one I use 60/40/40, color temp 96/96/94, 50 sharpness. Haven't touched that preset in awhile tho, but it looks good.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
My BenQ settings.

Game Settings:

Blur Reduction: ON
Black eQualizer: 20
Color Vibrance: 14
Low Blue Light: 1 (maybe meant to be 0?)
Instant Mode: ON

Picture:

Brightness: 70
Contrast: 55
Sharpness: 6
Gamma 5
AMA: Premium
SensEye Demo: OFF

Color Temperature:

R: 63
G:80
B:75

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i would check displaylag.com they usually have a really good template for settings on monitors including ICC calibration profiles.

My BenQ's looked like dick till I started using a calibrated profile.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I got a ben q as well. Like everyone is saying it takes a fair amount of loving with to look good but for the money to quality I'm pretty happy with it overall.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Really like my Asus as well.

Went form 1@800 to 1.25@800 to 1.5 and I am now trying out 1.75... Please someone... Help me stop...

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Audax posted:

Really like my Asus as well.

Went form 1@800 to 1.25@800 to 1.5 and I am now trying out 1.75... Please someone... Help me stop...

Crank that baby to 8+ and join the league of extraordinary sensitivity

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

drunken officeparty posted:

Crank that baby to 8+ and join the league of extraordinary sensitivity

I think we call that "Silver" in counterstrike.

(e: speaking as basically a silver myself)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
so my bro gave me an old gfx card to tide me over as he finds me a replacement.
due to the drivers being super outdated csgo would not run properly, and i had to do some weird poo poo that resulted in bsods here and there, but now i can play counter strike

the past week has been nothing but doing ryu's spinning kick (tatsumaki senpu kiaku) on all nearby furnitre because the game would do like a couple frames of hitching every 2 seconds. Turns out it was hrtf or htrf or whatever the new audio is. What the gently caress man.

also weekly drops now can be sprays instead of guns?
ok
ummm, that blows dick?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

If they ever make hrtf not gently caress with framerates I'd appreciate blaring announcements in the thread

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I feel sorry for you guys with performance issues re: hrtf because it's basically infinite times better than the old system

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
yeah hrtf is really good but gently caress me ill take the non hitchy bad audio any day of the week

anyway im super rusty and trying to claw my way back from eagle to supreme and im getting bodied by dmgs and sometimes even mges

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Not really sure where the issues come from, i5 6600k, 970 and 16 gigs of ram. pc gaming! I guess.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
monitor chat:

I have an LG 24GM77 which is arguably superior but tough to find at a good price

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Every third game or so I start has a weird thing where I can't see the mic things for people talking. I can hear them, and I can't see mine and I don't know if they hear me. But opening the escape key menu and closing it fixes it.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Anyone care to actually post the model of BenQ monitor you guys are using/referring to?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Luna Was Here posted:

What are your color settings, oh great gamer lizard

I set mine to this and it works good for clicking on Counter-Guys or Cheers Luving.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3c8fpi/the_old_thread_for_just_bought_a_glorious_asus/

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Goofballs posted:

Not really sure where the issues come from, i5 6600k, 970 and 16 gigs of ram. pc gaming! I guess.

i blasted away about 50 windows 10 services and programs running in the background. then i unsubscribed from all my workshop maps because supposedly the scripts in those can make your game run slower in general. i think my fps is up around 15% but it is still worse than before the new hitboxes/htrf stuff came out.

i wish they' come out with an optimization update for this game so loving bad

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
If anyone is interested, I can share the calibration profile for my Asus PG278Q (the 27" 2560x1440@144Hz TN model).

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

stump collector posted:

i blasted away about 50 windows 10 services and programs running in the background. then i unsubscribed from all my workshop maps because supposedly the scripts in those can make your game run slower in general. i think my fps is up around 15% but it is still worse than before the new hitboxes/htrf stuff came out.

i wish they' come out with an optimization update for this game so loving bad

Its specifically the hrtf for me. Without it I'm 250-300 fps because I leave the normal cap on and that's with all manner of bullshit in the background. I don't even have the overclocking on. That'll be to make the hardware last a bit longer. But hrtf and it will be about 200 fps which would be lovely fine but with sudden shuddering framedrops. I never noticed a hitbox effect.

The only other time i had an issue it was some weird esea bug where it would lock to 30 fps unless I tabbed in and out.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Goofballs posted:

The only other time i had an issue it was some weird esea bug where it would lock to 30 fps unless I tabbed in and out.

That's not a bug, you were just mining them bitcoins.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

potentially or some heckler was using my pc to ddos

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

If anyone is interested, I can share the calibration profile for my Asus PG278Q (the 27" 2560x1440@144Hz TN model).

:justpost:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6222924/ASUS%20PG278Q-1.icm

Contrats 50, Brightness 20, user mode color temperature @ 100, 100, 100.

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

Every third game or so I start has a weird thing where I can't see the mic things for people talking. I can hear them, and I can't see mine and I don't know if they hear me. But opening the escape key menu and closing it fixes it.

Are you tabbing out while the map is loading? Hitting your text chat button should fix that too.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

runod posted:

Are you tabbing out while the map is loading? Hitting your text chat button should fix that too.

Yes I constantly tab out so that might be it.

Also apparently all French Canadians must play cs by law because I run into a ton of them. And they don't like if you ask why they are on US servers if they live in Europe.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I can also vouch for the ASUS VG24 144hz monitor.

Solid monitor.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Goofballs posted:

its cause source is a 10+ year old frankenstein monster with bolted on features

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In more exciting news, G2 signed that French superteam.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Probably going to be trash. Too many egos.

Edit: I want a successful French team, but they don't seem to have good leadership. Every match seems to be 5 players just running around taking aim battles without coordination.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 3, 2017

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I will never not fanboy a team with shox and kennyS in it.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Honestly, I wish they would have kept RPK instead of apEX.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Also, Maniac's going to LDLC and ScreaM's standing in for NV as of right now.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Honestly, I wish they would have kept RPK instead of apEX.

Are you crazy? Apex is insane. He is definitely a cut above RPK.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
supposedly there's a new update coming tonight

i pray to god inferno isn't added to the map pool

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

stump collector posted:

supposedly there's a new update coming tonight

i pray to god inferno isn't added to the map pool

About that...

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:siren: Dust 2 has been replaced by Inferno in the Active Duty map pool :siren:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

frick off.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The match i just played was loving shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hey you get 1 free extra graffiti charge !!