Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

quote:

https://www.masseffect.com/news/peebee?setLocale=en-us
peebee looks great I think

way better than Liara looked in ME1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Pattonesque posted:

Preorder trailer -- has snippets of multiplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0cEi5ezcu0

Sucks that people that don't preorder aren't allowed to explore deep space safely, but hey, that's capitalism for you.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
get a garbage skin and then another garbage skin for some car

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Dan Didio posted:

Sucks that people that don't preorder aren't allowed to explore deep space safely, but hey, that's capitalism for you.

even in the far future and in another galaxy we cannot escape its yoke

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The disadvantage with ME3's approach is that if you wanted to try a fun new class (eg Geth Juggernaut, or Quarian Mangineer or Turian Rocket Boots or whatever) you had to just keep buying packs and hoping. Letting people work towards specific things (even if it takes a little while) is a good idea.

People complain about this but it really wasn't a big deal at all if you stayed the least bit current with updates. Stockpiling ~1mil credits before the release of any new DLC was more than sufficient to get most of the character cards right off the bat, and most importantly, almost all the classes were really good + fun anyway so it barely mattered if you had to wait a day or two to get the one you wanted. The resource gain in DA:I multi was so slow by comparison and it felt like they intentionally designed the starter classes to be poo poo. Even the generic human kits in ME3 were good for the most part.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

exquisite tea posted:

People complain about this but it really wasn't a big deal at all if you stayed the least bit current with updates.
It didn't affect me (because I played really regularly) but lots of my friends played much more intermittently and found it pretty frustrating.

Some of the basic human kits in ME3 (eg the Adept) only really became good after a few revamps. Singularity used to be pretty awful, for example.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctorGonzo posted:

All my friends are getting killed in ME3 :(

It's because you killed Tali in ME2

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

IcePhoenix posted:

It's because you killed Tali in ME2

You're really jumping the gun if you get Tali killed in ME2, her death in ME3 is so much crazier.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving Zaeed should have died.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It didn't affect me (because I played really regularly) but lots of my friends played much more intermittently and found it pretty frustrating.

Some of the basic human kits in ME3 (eg the Adept) only really became good after a few revamps. Singularity used to be pretty awful, for example.

The Human Sentinel was a better Adept at the start.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I was shocked how good the basic Solider class was without all the crazy ammo powers.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

gently caress you, zaeed should never die

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

get out now

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Samara and Jack best companions. Thats the truth!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctorGonzo posted:

Zaeed never dies, pay attention to his history. Everyone around him dies, but he doesn't. He's a lovely leader.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
If you wait to do his loyalty mission until after the end game, a paragon Shepard can leave him to die pinned under an I-beam.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Does Andromeda let me become a super cool red eyed terminator

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sheppard is maybe the worst dancer in the history of vidjagaems. I love Lisa Ann Ashley tho.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

DoctorGonzo posted:

Did i miss out on Samara? She seemed like basically a space paladin with the personality of a plank of wood.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
She's pretty good. There is a feeling of quite tragically under the calm facade after talking with her for a little bit. The rules that she follows and her backstory make it sound like she willing follows the code just to give her life some purpose.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Olaf The Stout posted:

Did i miss out on Samara? She seemed like basically a space paladin with the personality of a plank of wood.

There's more to her than that but I don't think she holds up against most of the other characters.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

There's more to her than that but I don't think she holds up against most of the other characters.

Yo, her titties sure hold up, tho. Am I right?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
the conversations with Samara on the Normandy were some of my favorites. very understated

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drifter posted:

Yo, her titties sure hold up, tho. Am I right?

CORRECT

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Just lol if you aren't playing mRyder and naming him Dick Ryder

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Quorum posted:

Just lol if you aren't playing mRyder and naming him Dick Ryder

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
Looking at the multi-player image, looks like powers are lb, rb, and then both (destiny style). Also notes for what wave you're on and I'm not sure what the 4 d pad options are. Wonder what happens with the extra Y button they freed up?

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

DoctorGonzo posted:

I'm using them right now with my adept. Warp explosions galore :cool:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

eonblue174 posted:

Looking at the multi-player image, looks like powers are lb, rb, and then both (destiny style). Also notes for what wave you're on and I'm not sure what the 4 d pad options are. Wonder what happens with the extra Y button they freed up?

[Have Sex]

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy crap that clone shepard mission

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Maybe Biotic Charge has a second part to it? Or maybe that's Nova after the charge?

Edit:
Actually I took a look at the abilities bar in the bottom right and it's Nova after the charge

Edit 2:

Yeah you're right
Vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 3, 2017

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

SgtSteel91 posted:

Maybe Biotic Charge has a second part to it? Or maybe that's Nova after the charge?

Look at the icons bottom center-right. It's Charge followed up by Nova.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
There's some fuckery going on in that. The timestamp in the upper right skip quickly from 20 to 19 right after the charge. Might've been a simple edit for aesthetics, but seems weird.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You can see for a split second that the body is starting to fly off into the sunset :allears:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

steakmancer posted:

How long until your dad dies in the game

It's gonna be like the really good start of Star Trek 09 so like, an hour maybe?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

IcePhoenix posted:

You can see for a split second that the body is starting to fly off into the sunset :allears:

But that should turn the trooper into paste, like what happens with the Warlord's heavy melee. The Krogan Backhand Bitchslap is what throws them across/off the map.

Also, Krogan Vanguard with Nova and a bitchslap? It's miles better than ME3 already.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tribbledirigible posted:

But that should turn the trooper into paste, like what happens with the Warlord's heavy melee. The Krogan Backhand Bitchslap is what throws them across/off the map.

Also, Krogan Vanguard with Nova and a bitchslap? It's miles better than ME3 already.

I just assumed Nova is what sent him flying, since the particle effect is on the ground

Also there are gonna be a whoooole lotta Krogan Vanguards in MP methinks.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I just assumed Nova is what sent him flying, since the particle effect is on the ground

Also there are gonna be a whoooole lotta Krogan Vanguards in MP methinks.
The Krogran Vanguard in ME3MP was a loving treat, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
All the biotic krogan classes are pretty great in MP, the Krogan and Batarian adepts are both joys to play.