Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
How well do thieves/maids/butlers (throwing types) work out in this game? The debuff seems solid, but with the smaller team/battle size are they really super useful, or more of a niche use for certain fights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mithross posted:

How well do thieves/maids/butlers (throwing types) work out in this game? The debuff seems solid, but with the smaller team/battle size are they really super useful, or more of a niche use for certain fights?

Skills are what makes or breaks units. Matthew for example can super buff/debuff, while Felicia can semi-heal during attacks and stuff.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Stupid question, but what do Friends actually do in this?

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
Now with 5 full pulls I'm pretty happy with who I've got- I went from 0 cavalry to a 5* Leo, 4* Eliwood, and comedy 3* Jagen so I'm pretty happy. Horses can't go in forests but 3 mov still seems at least situationally awesome.

TFRazorsaw posted:

ahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah he has a line on the home screen going on and on about how Roy is so much better than him, too. I get it game, I'm supposed to whale after Roy, but Eli's my man darn it!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

This is my best roll so far.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

TFRazorsaw posted:

ahahahahahahahahaha

This game owns. :wow:

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

ShinyDais posted:

Now with 5 full pulls I'm pretty happy with who I've got- I went from 0 cavalry to a 5* Leo, 4* Eliwood, and comedy 3* Jagen so I'm pretty happy. Horses can't go in forests but 3 mov still seems at least situationally awesome.

Yeah he has a line on the home screen going on and on about how Roy is so much better than him, too. I get it game, I'm supposed to whale after Roy, but Eli's my man darn it!

Roy in this game is... let's say average.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

Stupid question, but what do Friends actually do in this?

Yeah, I'm interested in this too cause so far all they've done is give me 5 Feathers once a day and I'm far enough in that I'd imagine if Friend Summons or whatever were a thing they'd have unlocked by now.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

LornMarkus posted:

Yeah, I'm interested in this too cause so far all they've done is give me 5 Feathers once a day and I'm far enough in that I'd imagine if Friend Summons or whatever were a thing they'd have unlocked by now.

Apparently a shitton of feathers are needed for Promoting your units.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
all my characters have really crap defensive stats except lyn . _.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Agoat posted:

What's the lowest you should settle for on a roll? I got a 4* Gordin and some cool 3*s but I don't know if they matter.

I hate the be that guy, but if you're going through the trouble of rerolling, I would say at least 5* base. I know this game has a lot of people jumping on for nostalgia and dont necessarily care about powerful units, but from the looks of it so far in this game the 5* bases are so comically overpowered, head and shoulders above the rest that I can't help to feel that down the line there will be content created with such units in mind and people will feel screwed over not being able to participate due to being too weak. This is mostly PTSD from other games like this talking, but it's far from unreasonable of an expectation.

From what I've seen the dream is 3x 5* base on the initial roll (impossible), 2x 5* base happens but only 1 in a million (wont happen to me or you), 1x 5* base + 4* base 5* seems ok to start with, but who knows. Once you're dipping into 4* 3* bases it gets kind of questionable. Even though it seems you can eventually evolve ANY unit into 5*, I highly doubt the upgraded 3* will be on par with the 5* only units (what's the point of the gacha if that's the case?) On top of that, it does not sound like the price for evolving units is reasonable right now, so highest rarity = better, highest base rarity = ideal to shoot for.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 3, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
how do I set a unit as my friend unit if thats a thing

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MotU posted:

how do I set a unit as my friend unit if thats a thing

first unit on your first team shows up as your avatar character thing

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Maybe this changes later on in the game, but I'll echo everyone saying that healing is non-essential. I've been able to wreck up to chapter 7 with a full 4* team of Tiki/Palla/Hana/Owain. Even knocking out the earlier hard modes have been fine with the same team for the most part. I'm sure they're going to eventually release some uber-tough events and other content that require a full team of 5* beasts eventually because the game is not challenging as of now.

The game should be comically easy once I level up my recently pulled Marth, which has been my only 5* so far.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 3, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This game must know I want Camilla, I haven't seen any version of her in any of the rerolls I've done.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
whats the unit level caps

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
is there a supported device list? my nexus 5 wont run this thing

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Is there some sort of system problem on Nintendo's account system?

I've been trying for the past two days to get it registered and set up but I'm not getting any confirmation emails back.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So is the only way to get orbs to do story mode? They dont seem to drop in training.

Concerned I'm eventually going to run out of sources of free orbs to pull levers

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

MotU posted:

whats the unit level caps

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

tithin posted:

So is the only way to get orbs to do story mode? They dont seem to drop in training.

Concerned I'm eventually going to run out of sources of free orbs to pull levers

You will eventually exhaust all your sources of free orbs until they add new content, yes.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Maybe this changes later on in the game, but I'll echo everyone saying that healing is non-essential. I've been able to wreck up to chapter 7 with a full 4* team of Tiki/Palla/Hana/Owain. Even knocking out the earlier hard modes have been fine with the same team for the most part. I'm sure they're going to eventually release some uber-tough events and other content that require a full team of 5* beasts eventually because the game is not challenging as of now.

The game should be comically easy once I level up my recently pulled Marth, which has been my only 5* so far.

So for comparison, I did a test run with 5* Tiki on a throwaway account when first rolled. I used a team of only 5* Tiki solo, without upgrading any skills or any healing items used or any grinding, went halfway through chapter 7 on 'options->auto-battle' without dying (I think there may have been one or two odd death due to AI playing very poorly.) After that I was able to manual play the same solo unit through late chapter 8 before it became apparent that I needed more team members or at least a little healing. This is not even the strongest 5* unit in the game. Needless to say, it's a safe bet the real challenges aren't in the game yet, though I imagine the difficulty picks up in Maniac difficulty.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

There are something like ~160 free orbs available at the moment. The 2 orbs per day will go away eventually (since it's just for the launch), but if this is like other gacha games it'll come back with (nearly) every event. Orbs from quests will refresh every month. Presumably the "paralogues" button will include event maps, that will drop orbs as well.

Basically, don't expect orbs to flow as freely as they do at the moment, but they will keep coming.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is FE: Heroes cross-device actually? Can I play the same account on my tablet and phone?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

There are something like ~160 free orbs available at the moment. The 2 orbs per day will go away eventually (since it's just for the launch), but if this is like other gacha games it'll come back with (nearly) every event. Orbs from quests will refresh every month. Presumably the "paralogues" button will include event maps, that will drop orbs as well.

Basically, don't expect orbs to flow as freely as they do at the moment, but they will keep coming.

Yeah, now that I've got a decent stable of 4*, my 5* Lyn and a Healer I'm gonna hold off on pulling more to wait for future event banners and releases.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean if you're really that f2p spastic, the game will eventually reach a point where starting over will give you just as much stuff as old players in terms of getting your gacha fix

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, how do you use the badges you win from the training tower? Can't find anywhere to use them in the various menus.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've only got a single 5* tiki and while she's good, she got loving demolished by a duelling 5* lucina who double rounded her for 40 damage a hit.

I really can't be arsed putting money into this game, but I dont mind putting time into it to get orbs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

I've only got a single 5* tiki and while she's good, she got loving demolished by a duelling 5* lucina who double rounded her for 40 damage a hit.

I really can't be arsed putting money into this game, but I dont mind putting time into it to get orbs.

Don't send dragons against people wielding falchion

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

I'd be very surprised if they didn't start a trickle of 1 per day normally. Every other gacha game I've played gets you at least something for logging in.

AradoBalanga posted:

So, how do you use the badges you win from the training tower? Can't find anywhere to use them in the various menus.

They're for promoting units. You need 20 of the smaller one to promote 3*>4*, 20 of the greater badge for 4*>5* - in addition to a shitton of feathers.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

Don't send dragons against people wielding falchion

Yeah, I get that.

she double rounded everything else first.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

acumen posted:

They're for promoting units. You need 20 of the smaller one to promote 3*>4*, 20 of the greater badge for 4*>5* - in addition to a shitton of feathers.
Oh, I thought it was just the feathers that promoted units. Now it makes more sense.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh I just checked and

:siren: Deep Devotion has a higher 5* drop rate than Legendary Heroes :siren:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Tsurupettan posted:

the datamining that matters is the christmas event art.
Seconded, because this bloody owns:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

20,000 feathers to get someone to rank 5 :lol::lol::lol:

Okay then, not a "week 1" thing. Got it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Senerio posted:

Oh I just checked and

there's a rolling gacha where your rate increases each time you don't get a 5*, this is reflected in the rates

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Senerio posted:

Oh I just checked and

Are you sure that you haven't rolled on the devotion banner recently, and failed to get any 5-stars? The pity increases apply per-banner.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh okay that makes more sense.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Senerio posted:

Oh I just checked and

no, they're the same. But pulling on a banner and whiffing boosts your chance of pulling a 5* on that banner for subsequent pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

did my third 5-pull, any of these exciting?