Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pick posted:

Also, how does an engineer amass 3-4 million without having moved into management? I call shenanigans. Or, as it's called in Mirthless' family,

I had dozens of co-workers in that situation at my previous job. Early hires, good equity, IPO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pick posted:

Yeah, that seems very questionable to me. If nothing else, you break it up between banks. No financial adviser would ever allow you to keep it in savings like that. If nothing else, you'd go into low-risk stock like utilities.

I imagine a bunch of the commenters yelled at him over this too because he mentioned seeing a financial advisor at the end

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pick posted:

Also, how does an engineer amass 3-4 million without having moved into management? I call shenanigans. Or, as it's called in Mirthless' family,

It's possible but you're right in that it would not be the norm.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Karla Homolka and John Bernardo discover Tinder.

quote:

I met a girl on tinder and had her over. My GF was there, she is ok with me having casual sex with other girls. I suggested threesome/her watching my girlfriend and I have sex. She wanted to "make up her mind", so the three of us hung out for a while and drank. I started making out with her/touching her, and she didn't resist. I carried her back to the bed, took her clothes off, she's still not resisting. She says "why don't you get naked too". I do. I had previously asked her if she likes choking and she said she did. I tell her to grab my dick and she says "no".

This is where it gets sketchy. I choked her and told her to grab it, she immediately did. She continued to hold it after I let go of her and was turned on. My GF was next to us in the bed. I said we are going to gently caress, she says no but I sense she's turned on and wants it. (I understand completely the moral/legal implications of this.) I choke her again and say "did you just say no to me?". She says "no" again. This repeats a couple times. I roll off her and sit back, as I'm trying to escalate this slowly to avoid exactly what happened, and she sits up and starts putting her clothes on. I say "oh ok, so you mean no for real". She says "when I say no, I mean no". I say fine. I help her pick up her clothes as she gets ready to leave. I start getting more concerned as shes not replying to us, asking her if she is ok and similar. She leaves, still not replying, my GF follows her outside saying "Are you ok?" etc and she also ignores her. Afterwards my GF decide the best thing to do is not message her and forget it happens.

The next day I get facebook message from her friend saying "She told me what you did, when a girl says no, she means no, how would you like your mother to hear about this?". I ignore the message and call Tinder Girl. I set up an app to record the call, but for some reason it didn't end up working. The girl who messaged me on facebook answers the phone. I tell her I'm recording the call. She says "i know you didn't rape her, like you didn't penetrate her, but what you did was basically rape". I tell her "I'm sorry Tinder girl is upset, I'm sorry she feels that way" etc, trying to console her without admitting guilt. She puts Tinder Girl on the phone. Her friend seems more upset than she is. I state I had no intention of doing anything she doesnt like, "I'm sorry you feel that way", point out that I let her leave as soon as she liked with no hesitation, and ask if would make her feel better to meet in a public place and talk. She says I can come up to the bar they are at about 45 minutes away if I want to talk. I say Ill consider it. I decided not to go. What should I do at this point? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer (not talk anymore and forget it happened), I'm just here for a more knowledgeable opinion.

Thanks.

quote:

Second question: My GF is also concerned she is somehow implicated. She is trying to get into medical school and any legal problems could be bad for her. Is this a valid fear?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Tiny Deer posted:

In that case:

Wife wants to have a baby with only one person in our relationship. I don't want it to happen.

Update 3: comment section

Update 4: Thank you to the posters of this sub (follow up to "Wife wants to have a baby [with someone else]...I don't")

I'd honestly kill myself if I woke up one day and my life was like this.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pick posted:

Experienced nuclear guys can make a ton. The industry keeps pretending to die so young engineers leave, then five years later there's a relative boom so they pay the old guys huge money to delay retirement.

Your right that he'd probably be in some managerial role at this point, but it would still say engineer on his business cards.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

affirmative consent is super important and also, that story is very upsetting!!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Lonely Virgil posted:

Karla Homolka and John Bernardo discover Tinder.

:allbuttons::murder:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Do you think that Poly relationship does quarterly reporting? I cant imagine tracking the whole groups financial stakes and children without at least a few spreadsheets.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
playing consent games with people you just met off tinder is a loving minefield of idiotic decisions

years ago when i had the worst roommate i ever had in my life, he brought home some chick he met in a bar who demanded he rape and choke her and then called him a pussy human being when he couldn't carry through. it was the one time i felt sorry for that dork

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Pick posted:

Maybe slow down the stories a bit, we've just got some quality stuff

I'll slow it down, I've just been getting a little excited :shobon:

Fullhouse posted:

I imagine a bunch of the commenters yelled at him over this too because he mentioned seeing a financial advisor at the end

It was the top comment:

quote:

[–]The_Drizzle_Returns 927 points 1 year ago*
You need to seriously talk to a financial advisor. You should not have a large enough amount of money for someone to freak out about in a savings account. You are losing 5-10% a year of your money by not even having it in the most basic forms of investment (Mutual Funds, ETFs, etc) making any frugality you are living by pointless in comparison.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

gently caress I just ran into a series of updates that ended with a suicide note :smith:

boner confessor posted:

playing consent games with people you just met off tinder is a loving minefield of idiotic decisions

years ago when i had the worst roommate i ever had in my life, he brought home some chick he met in a bar who demanded he rape and choke her and then called him a pussy human being when he couldn't carry through. it was the one time i felt sorry for that dork

it's not even a 'consent game' it sounds like girl admitted she was into choking so the idiot decided any form of consent whatever had just magically stopped existing from that point and he'd entered a world of consequence-free rapey roleplay with an utter stranger

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Themata posted:

Trouble is brewing at Hogwarts:

Me [43 F] with my Husband [43 M] 5 years. Stuck out my neck to help, got kicked in the chin. Where do I go from here?

-110 points for manbaby's conduct. :colbert:

I wish people would realize there are more books out there than Harry Potter.

Edit, content:

Well, gently caress. Just read my girlfriend's messages.

quote:

First - I know I'm not meant to read Facebook messages. I owed this to myself as I suspected my girlfriend of four years to be having an emotional affair on me.
Now, We're both 20, [M]e and her.
She often goes out on the town with this one guy. I knew they flirted a lot, it ****es me off.
Anyway, I started reading her Facebook messages and I see this one day and it went something like this'
Him: Should have come to my house last night. Gf: Yeah, that would have ended well :S Him: What do you mean? Gf: I think you know ;) Him: Haha yeah. Awkward you have a boyfriend. Gf: Yeah there is that problem.
She went on to say I was returning from my vacation and she didn't even care. She said she was worried if she did screw this guy that he'd go on to **** others and she'd be left feeling guilty.
What the helll? What do I do? I love this girl but I think I respect myself too much to put effort into a girl who obviously doesn't love me. It just feels like she's waiting to take a better offer. I feel sick as I type this. I know you'll say "you don't know she's cheating on you" or "well, everyone likes to flirt". Eff that, she said she was tempted to go to his house and **** him.
Is she thinking of this douche while we do it? Do I cut my losses? I'm going to confront her about it right now. Wish me luck.
UPDATE So, firstly, a lot of you are saying how I violated her trust. I could not care less. I copped a speeding fine on the way over there, I felt like I was going to do something incredibly stupid when I got there. I took her into her room and told her; "You know exactly why I'm here" (I had sent her snippets of their conversation in texts).
She didn't even have the cajones to tell me, so I showed her the messages. It made me feel sick, like a horse kicked my in the stomach. She sort of cowered in her own embarrassment. Sort of like the feeling you get when you tell a joke about someone and that someone is standing right behind you.
So I asked her if I was just a problem to her and she said it was a bad time of our relationship. She said she was confused about what she wanted in her life and because I'm such a big part, she wasn't sure about me.
She went on to say it was just flirting and she did it for some external validation (my words, not her's). I asked her why she didn't do it and she said "I didn't want to". The main thing about that is, I wasn't even her first excuse. She thought he'd just move onto another girl whilst she'd be 'stuck' with me.
Anyway, she told me that she really does love me and I had confirmed these feelings when I got back from holiday. It makes me feel absolutely sick to think that whilst she was telling me she misses me, she's talking to some douche about how she "couldn't just spoon if I were in a bed with you".
Then, when I confront her about it she says how much of a dick that guy is anyway. Like I'm meant to believe that? She said the same things about me behind my back.
Important part I'm really not sure what I'm meant to do. I love this girl, but I hate myself already for not dumping her on the spot. Do I deal with the self-shame of being dragged along like a dog on a leash or lose the girl I love so much?
Do I believe her that it was just a mistake? (She seemed as if she honestly regretted it). This is the hardest position I've ever been put in. I wish I hated her more.
We ended up making jokes just like we always do. Every silence is filled with her bad choices. I can't think of just sweeping this black turd under the rug, yet I can't see myself breaking up with her.
EDIT Can we stop talking about privacy? I saw the two of them flirting, I knew there was more. There was more. I'm glad I did it and now it feels like I have to keep doing it.

Reddit is more concerned that he snooped than the fact that she is garbage

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 3, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Themata posted:

It was the top comment:

Absolutely. Nothing more ridiculous than preening about penny-pinching when making ridiculous broad financial errors.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nazzadan posted:

If she'd referenced Of Mice and Men, would you think that it was the only book she'd read?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Subjunctive posted:

If she'd referenced Of Mice and Men, would you think that it was the only book she'd read?

If she'd referenced Of Mice and Men I wouldn't think less of this 43 year old woman.

I guess I'm more annoyed by everything in the political universe being compared to Harry Potter than this sad old womanbabby and took it out unfairly on her. -10 points to Nazzadan's house

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

If she told her husband about the rabbits before divorcing him, yes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

But there aren't that many people who have seemingly only read Of Mice and Men; there are seemingly a lot of people who never branched out from Harry Po

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
tter.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pick posted:

But there aren't that many people who have seemingly only read Of Mice and Men; there are seemingly a lot of people who never branched out from Harry Po

How do you detect that condition? If you're writing for a wide audience, what is most likely to connect with the majority of them? Wiggle-stick or whatever, or a clever Foucault's Pendulum reference? This is also why people make more football analogies than lacrosse ones.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Nazzadan posted:

If she'd referenced Of Mice and Men I wouldn't think less of this 43 year old woman.

I guess I'm more annoyed by everything in the political universe being compared to Harry Potter than this sad old womanbabby and took it out unfairly on her. -10 points to Nazzadan's house

Not sure why you're upset, her posts never mention 'PIV'. :colbert:

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Themata posted:

Not sure why you're upset, her posts never mention 'PIV'. :colbert:

I'm actually mostly upset by the fact that the PIV goldmine dried up. I am currently using "horse" as my keyword and on page 3 or so, but I keep falling behind on the thread so I can't post that many.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Themata posted:

Trouble is brewing at Hogwarts:

Me [43 F] with my Husband [43 M] 5 years. Stuck out my neck to help, got kicked in the chin. Where do I go from here?

-110 points for manbaby's conduct. :colbert:

They're both being bad. She's not relying on herself, and he's being willfully obtuse in order to expose her weakness, rather than work together.
I had to laugh when she said "what's the code, you gave me a lot of stuff to remember last time," he says,"there's a book you can look it up in," then she says "you didn't mention anything about a book last time." So she's simultaneously overwhelmed with stuff to remember AND calls him out for not giving her MORE STUFF to remember. It's a trick pulled by people who want to use their brain as little as possible.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pick posted:

the proper demonym is "oklahomans"

I'm from OK and I was gonna post something in the defense of my state but I remembered that I am no-contact with 99% of literally my entire family, nuclear and extended, because they are all various flavors of garbage pie so yeah, gently caress oklahoma

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nazzadan posted:

i'm glad it's harry potter now because 15-20 years ago every base level geek was constantly quoting monty python and douglas adams so it's good they've moved on to other british media that i dont care about

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

boner confessor posted:

i'm glad it's harry potter now because 15-20 years ago every base level geek was constantly quoting monty python and douglas adams so it's good they've moved on to other british media that i dont care about

I'm just jealous that the right gets to reference 40k and other cool stuff when they talk about God Emperor Trump, and my side just keeps calling people big meanie Voldemorts and Dementors.

More vaguely horse related content
Me (30/F) with my boyfriend (33/M) of 6 years, he lost his temper and took off on my birthday

quote:

Hi /r/relationships, I need some advice about the situation between my boyfriend "Brendon" and I. We have been together since 2009. He is a recovering heroin addict, is newly clean and just started a new job. I have paid the bills/supported him through this, through the bad times and the good. Most recently, I have paid for his out-of-network doctor's visits (getting suboxone is difficult with his health insurance) and took him shopping several times to put together a business casual wardrobe for said new job. Yesterday was my birthday. We had tentative plans to go to the beach and then go out to eat afterwards. We were not going to do anything extravagant because he had to get up early for work the next morning.
Because of his new job, I wanted to go out Saturday night (he works M-F). I felt guilty about going out on Sunday because I didn't want to cause him to be out late/be tired the next day, etc. On Saturday, he sat in front of his computer from about 12pm (when he got up) until 9pm. I had asked him several times over the course of the day if we could go out, and I mentioned that it was my birthday the next day and it would be more practical to celebrate the day before. He agreed and said it was a good idea, but did not shower or do much aside from using his computer. He spent over an hour in the bathroom watching movies on his phone and came down after 10pm, wanting to know what dinner would be.
I was upset and told him that I had wanted to go out to eat (I'd be paying). He was surprised. He said I knew exactly where he was all day long and that I should have told him what I wanted to do. I replied that I did tell him, several times. I told him I wasn't mad about him spending the day in front of his computer because he was reading up on the industry of his new job (he's in a specialized sales field), but I really did want to do something tomorrow (Sunday). He agreed.
Sunday morning he was back in front of his computer from 9:30-on. Around 12pm I started to get really frustrated with him. I had been waiting for him to get ready so we could go to the beach or take a bike ride, anything, but after waiting three hours I had to do something so I started gardening outside. He came out to find out what I was doing, and I snapped at him that I was bored and had decided to do something instead of just wait around for him to get his poo poo together. He asked me why I was upset, and I broke down.
I was upset because he hadn't as much as said "Happy birthday", let alone given me a card. I am well aware that he has very little $ to spend and I would have been happy if he made a card and picked a flower from my garden. He said that was a stupid reason to get upset and "how was he supposed to know that?" I felt like I had given him so much of my time, money and support and I was just looking for some small sign that he even noticed I was alive. I don't make a big deal about my birthday but I started to cry because I realized how little consideration he had for me. He said I was making things awkward. I said I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable so I guess I would leave and drive around. He said, "Don't bother, I'll leave. This is loving ridiculous." He got into his truck and took off.
The last time he was in detox, his counselor told me to stop chasing him if he leaves. To let him go. So I didn't call or text...I took a lorazepam and laid on the floor watching youtube videos for a few hours and ignoring my phone. I went to the barn where I lease a horse and hung out there for a little while. When I came back, he had left a card and a bouquet of flowers that he had collected from other people's yards. The card was sweet. I texted him thank you.
He came back around 8pm. He asked me if I wanted to go out. I did not. He left the room. I asked him to sit down and talk to me because I had realized that he just does not give a poo poo about me and it was painfully obvious that I was holding on to a relationship that was completely one-sided. He said he felt hopeless. He said he loved me. This went on for a while and while I tried to explain my side, he took everything as a personal attack. I eventually gave up trying to figure out why he left because he just doesn't understand how shattered it made me feel. The conversation ended with me asking to try again next weekend and he agreed. He went and sat alone on the couch with the tv off for a while and I tried to sit and be cheerful with him (I'm a strong believer in 'fake it till you make it). He wasn't having it. Eventually I went to bed. Today he asked me for $20 before leaving for work and was nice about it and said he loved me.
TL;DR Boyfriend of 6 years took off in anger on my birthday. I want to forgive and forget but he's not doing a lot to make it up to me. What am I missing?
My question: Who is in the wrong? I thought it was a lovely thing for him to do on my birthday...he didn't seem to agree. Should I just give up and 'do me' for a while? I was so loving devastated that he left. It felt like he was purposefully trying to hurt my feelings. I love him. It seems like he kinda got the idea that a card with a nice note was all I was looking for, but we got into a terribly bitter fight afterwards. What should I do and say now? I am on vacation (school teacher) so I've got a lot of time on my hands.

Oh honey...

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

not so secret word: sock

My (f25) boyfriend (m31) of one year thinks I shouldn't wear a certain type of socks around his friends...

quote:

So yada yada yada we have a wonderful relationship, really though we do. Best I've ever had. He is so kind and sensitive and sweet.
But I don't understand his POV at all. He has always lived with a roommate who moved out recently. He is getting a new roommate, a guy, who is a friend of ours. A couple days ago we were all at his place drinking, me, a girl friend of ours, him, and the new roommate. I got accidentally drunk (I usually don't drink liquor...) and I made myself a sandwhich and went to bed. I guess I was drunk enough that I didn't announce to anyone that I was going to bed.
The other girl there comes flying into the room begging me to hang out longer. She just got back from overseas and was gone for two months. I went back out. Immediately my boyfriend's face looks pissed but he doesn't say anything. After they leave we talk and I find out what's wrong.
Apparently before I went to bed, I was wearing thigh high socks, leggings over them, and a t-shirt. When I went to bed I pulled off the leggings and left the socks and shirt. I was drunk, I totally forgot.
He thinks the socks are inappropriate to wear around his new roommate. He thinks they are "too sexy" and it really bothers him.
To clarify: the shirt was one of his shirts. It was super long, like mid-thigh. The socks go all the way up my thigh. I guess you could tell they were thigh-highs when I moved around, but my butt and everything was completely covered up.
I think he's being absolutely ridiculous. They aren't sexy lingerie thigh-highs with a garter belt. They are opaque black, and if you were to look at me you'd have no idea I was wearing them under the shirt, they look just like leggings.
Also, I wear them because I have severe allergies and I'll frequently break out in hives all over my legs. They don't stop the itch, but they prevent me from scratching which saves me a lot of suffering down the line. I wear them honestly most of the time. If I have a short dress on you can tell, anything longer and it just looks like leggings.
I keep asking him why he thinks I shouldn't wear them, it's not like I'm wearing lingerie or walking around naked, but he insists that they are too sexy and should be just between us.
WTF, they are literally socks. That I wear for my own comfort. Also, He never had a problem with me wearing them around his old male roommate, who I was very close with. Why's he being weird? Does he have a point? I would like to know what other people think of this and if he's justified or not. Thanks.
tl;dr: bf thinks thigh high socks are "too sexy" to wear around his roommate. I think he's silly and they are just socks. I want to know if I'm being unreasonable, or if he is.

I (23f) found a girls sock in this guy (24m) I've been dating's room - he says he masturbates with it. Need advice on a sketchy situation.

quote:

I have been seeing this guy for 4 months. We spend pretty much every day together and have for these months. We act like we're dating. Intimacy, sex, met each other's parents, etc. But he doesn't want to date yet. He says he wants to wait to date. Yet tells me things like he loves me.
He still talks to his ex. The first couple months he would go over her house and see their dog that they had together while dating. He texts her sometimes. They both still have photos together on fb. (She has one of them kissing on instagram).
My ex texts me from time to time and every time he does the guy I've been seeing says things like "talking to exes isn't good" or "you shouldn't talk to exes". And he also gets a little flustered when other guys hit on me but I think it's cute.
When I met his mom she asked if he told his ex about us yet. I asked him later what that was about and he mentioned how he told her to back off. Apparently this girl is the "I don't want him but I don't want anyone else to have him" type. She left him for another guy a little over a year ago. They even still slept together after they broke up. He says it ended a couple months before he met me.
Recently I saw a sock in his room. It's a girls sock, it's not mine, and it's not his. It was kind of...crusty and what not, so I imagined it has cum in it. He told me it's just a sock he uses to masturbate into. I believe him but I just think it's weird to use another girls sock to masturbate into? Maybe that's just me. But this combined with everything else is sketchy to me.
I do have trust issues because I have been cheated on in the past. But I'm just wondering, do you guys think this is sketchy at all? Or am I overreacting?
tl;dr: Guy I've been seeing for 4 months (we do everything couple-like but he says he isn't ready to date yet) has a girls sock in his room that he masturbates with. He also talks to his ex that broke his heart over a year ago and she is the type who only wants him when he's seeing someone else. This combined with other sketchy things worries me. Am I overreacting or is this sketchy?

I [20F] found a sock belonging to my ex-something [22M] of one year while unpacking moving boxes. It's a nice sock. Should I return it?

quote:

I borrowed it from him because I misplaced a sock at his place when I stayed over at his house last winter, and he was pretty clear about wanting it back at the time.
I don't want his girlfriend to get weird and territorial if I try to give back the sock, though.
tl;dr: Should I give him back the sock?
edit: there was definitely animosity between us. Don't want to make things weird, so it looks like he is not getting that sock back.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

quote:

PleasingFungus posted:

Hahaha the lady sprays herself in the face like she's a dog who's done something wrong and the man... eats an entire raw potato. gently caress with natural human instincts and this is what you get, literal insanity.

:ssh: that story isn't real :ssh:

I didn't look at it closely but can you really tell yourself, in your heart of hearts, that there isn't some couple out there doing something similar?

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

It's always white people who think a family member casually saying 'friend of the family' isn't that bad and should just be ignored

Not technically true, that word was thrown around a lot at a family reunion I went to with my ex-girlfriend....

(they were black)

Mirthless posted:

being gross and rude is one of the least intolerable intolerable things an in-law can do

i'm just saying when I hear "dread spending the holidays with my father in law" I'm imagining dad on the lawn with a handgun screaming about some way you slighted him five years ago, "dude who stinks bad and is rude"

making GBS threads on the floor, calling everyone pedophiles, and terrifying children with your disgusting bodily efflluvia is now apparently just "rude". drat in Oklahoma they really set the bar low, don't they

Pick posted:

you shouldn't be required to hang around a guy who shits on the floor

don't kinkshame my dog

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nazzadan posted:

Edit, content:

Well, gently caress. Just read my girlfriend's messages.

Reddit is more concerned that he snooped than the fact that she is garbage

Hahahahah of course they are

It's a lovely thing to do but definitely not as lovely as cheating

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Maw posted:

not so secret word: sock

My (f25) boyfriend (m31) of one year thinks I shouldn't wear a certain type of socks around his friends...
She knows thigh highs are sexy and the way she is playing dumb about it makes me dislike her

Boyfriend is being (very) unreasonable but come on now

quote:

I [20F] found a sock belonging to my ex-something [22M] of one year while unpacking moving boxes. It's a nice sock. Should I return it?

I'm not looking for an excuse to see my ex! He might need this sock!!!!!

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 4, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mirthless posted:

She knows thigh highs are sexy and the way she is playing dumb about it makes me dislike her

Boyfriend is being unreasonable but come on now

I know "wrong about 90% of everything" is your gimmick and all, but opaque black thigh-highs aren't exactly crotchless fishnets, dude. They're utility lingerie. If the boyfriend's objection is "don't get drunk and walk around half-dressed around my roommates," I think that's reasonable, but the socks themselves are not excessively sexy unless you have a fetish.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mirthless posted:

Boyfriend is being (very) unreasonable but come on now

Seriously, this is becoming a pattern. I actually enjoy quite a few of your posts but the devil's advocate thing is getting tiresome. You do it, then someone reacts or overreacts and accuses you of choosing the wrong side, then a pointless argument ensues for several pages.

If that's not what you're doing and you actually are that stupid, then I guess you can't help yourself in which case I forgive you.

Play fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 4, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Antivehicular posted:

I know "wrong about 90% of everything" is your gimmick and all, but opaque black thigh-highs aren't exactly crotchless fishnets, dude. They're utility lingerie. If the boyfriend's objection is "don't get drunk and walk around half-dressed around my roommates," I think that's reasonable, but the socks themselves are not excessively sexy unless you have a fetish.

I'm not saying that.

He's being ridiculous and I'm not playing devil's advocate so chill out

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The most offensive thing, for me, in this entire thread, is that someone has 1 million+ just sitting in their savings account and not being invested

<missing sock thing>
This was my favorite "title only" post. I love that someone can't decide what to do with a sock without groupthink. Mirthless nailed it with his "gotta find an excuse to see her" analysis, any normal person would just throw the sock away or mail it. Funny that the poster obv knows what she's doing, but think that reddit saying it's okay will make it okay. I guess that's kind of a thread theme

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 4, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

The most offensive thing, for me, in this entire thread, is that someone has 1 million+ just sitting in their savings account and not being invested

The last few days of this thread have had some incredibly offensive things -- the "you're my soulmate so now I can be honest that I wanted to hit and quit it for experience when I first met you" guy, the grotesque family abuse saga with J (thank God he's out of there), Bob -- but my sleeper "hit" is still the guy who works for a company that repackages used medical devices to resell. Gives me hives just thinking about it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

The last few days of this thread have had some incredibly offensive things -- the "you're my soulmate so now I can be honest that I wanted to hit and quit it for experience when I first met you" guy, the grotesque family abuse saga with J (thank God he's out of there), Bob -- but my sleeper "hit" is still the guy who works for a company that repackages used medical devices to resell. Gives me hives just thinking about it.

yes, but I can't assign a number to any of those things, so it is impossible for me to calculate their impact on my emotions

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Antivehicular posted:

I'm really glad I'm not the only one that was skeeved by that. Wouldn't they be one use for a reason?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

:capitalism:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'm really glad I'm not the only one that was skeeved by that. Wouldn't they be one use for a reason?

yes, definitely

it was absolutely horrifying that a business like that exists, not surprising in the least who works there, and I really, really want a complete list of their customers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Yeah, in my admittedly limited experience in medical-device manufacturing, stuff that's one-use is not going to be manufactured to specifications for reuse, because there's no reason for it to be and increasing durability only increases the chance people will reuse it improperly. Stuff that can survive sterilization still isn't going to be in the same shape as new material. I suppose there might be a few one-use items that could be re-sterilized and recycled, but even then, it shouldn't be used in a clinical environment, which it sounds like this company sells to. eeeeurgh