Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

SRM posted:

Cool, because after building my Proteus I was hoping to never have to do separate tracks again. How many 30k tanks still have separate tracks?

Don't know about the Proteus, but the Fellblade/Glaive still have separate tracks. Not sure there's a way to integrate them, either. The Fellblade has actual space between the hull and the tracks (it uses the plastic baneblade road wheels), and the tracks and hull couldn't be moulded together without eliminating that gap.

There's the Rhino hulls too, but those are plastic tracks so who cares.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

TKIY posted:

Stop sounding like my wife.

Maybe if you listened to her once in a while you'd know how to make things wet

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

adamantium|wang posted:

Maybe if you listened to her once in a while you'd know how to make things wet

Women prefer Woodland Scenics realistic water effects :spergin:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Hamshot posted:

And they've nicknamed that place the Gavrage.

What causes the warping? Removing the piece from the mold too fast? I've had a warp talon from Forgeworld where the wing pieces were wrapped like a pretzel.

Removing a piece from the mold while the resin still hasn't quite cured, poor storage, ambient temperature. FW resin is heat sensitive so just poo poo like the shipping container sitting too long in the sun while it's en-route might be enough to warp things.

Edit: I also got myself a cheap €20 hair drier just for poo poo like Proteus tracks. Dipping a mini in hot water or just holding it under a running hot tap is generally enough to soften things (and I liek to drink tea while I work) but sometimes it's just convenient being able to give a stubborn part a good 1,400 W blast on the spot.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's almost like the high prices FW charge aren't reflected in the care they take in producing and QA'ing the kits. Would it be unfair to suggest that maybe they're way too expensive and the argument that they make the "best minis in the market" is hot garbage. :monocle:

Smash those spartans out boys, gently caress it, ship em. :getin:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I usually proxy my models as garbage because nobody can tell the difference

BULBASUAR once took 2 leman Russ tanks, put them next to each other, turned them sideways and proxied a land raider

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
When I was a teenager there wasn't a plastic Drop Pod kit yet so I took a plastic drinking cup, flipped it upside down, glued a stormbolter to the "roof" and painted DROP POD with an arrow pointing down on the side of it. I used it in multiple games.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

SRM posted:

When I was a teenager there wasn't a plastic Drop Pod kit yet so I took a plastic drinking cup, flipped it upside down, glued a stormbolter to the "roof" and painted DROP POD with an arrow pointing down on the side of it. I used it in multiple games.

My buddy did this by cutting the bases off of a bunch of 2L soda bottles and priming them black.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren: 8th Edition Rumors :siren:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/02/40k-rumors-8th-edition-dual-ruleset-details.html

These are starting to become more regular. I'd get ready to sell your rule books in a month or two.

Aesaar posted:

Don't know about the Proteus, but the Fellblade/Glaive still have separate tracks. Not sure there's a way to integrate them, either. The Fellblade has actual space between the hull and the tracks (it uses the plastic baneblade road wheels), and the tracks and hull couldn't be moulded together without eliminating that gap.

There's the Rhino hulls too, but those are plastic tracks so who cares.

I use aftermarket tracks which is a great because I don't have to deal with the FW warpage. On the flip side, all the new 'molded on' kits gently caress me over. I spent probably an hour on a bench grinder and another hour with a chisel making this thing possible:

Hixson posted:

BULBASUAR once took 2 leman Russ tanks, put them next to each other, turned them sideways and proxied a land raider

It was a Macharius. Get your story straight. I think it was the same year I sold your Tau army.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

BULBASAUR posted:

I use aftermarket tracks which is a great because I don't have to deal with the FW warpage. On the flip side, all the new 'molded on' kits gently caress me over. I spent probably an hour on a bench grinder and another hour with a chisel making this thing possible:

Worth it. That thing looks excellent.

The tracks for my Glaive didn't give me too many problems, despite being separate pieces. The long ones that go under the tank warped a bit, but they were very easy to get back into shape. The only two gaps are about 1mm wide and located under the rear road wheel. When the tank's sitting on the table, you can't see it.

My biggest complaint is that you need to glue them on before painting so the front idler wheels sit right.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

:siren: 8th Edition Rumors :siren:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/02/40k-rumors-8th-edition-dual-ruleset-details.html

These are starting to become more regular. I'd get ready to sell your rule books in a month or two.

It was a Macharius. Get your story straight. I think it was the same year I sold your Tau army.

First. Model looks like hawt garbage, much like your face.

Second. Just buy the new Spartan and you wont have to work around the track issues, except the small resin gate position problem which is just easier to break it off and green stuff the 2 cm x 3 cm square that is ruined.

Third. There was no Horus Heresy miniature line when you sold those Tau, you are just an evil gently caress.

Lastly.

gently caress You.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I still prefer grinding/filing for hours because I can sell the dust to Stanyer afterwards

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Cover it in skullz

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Mango polo is doing god's work

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 3, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's separated galleries of each of the forces covered in Inferno. All credit goes to the illustrious Mango Polo.
Space Wolves
Thousand Sons
Talons of the Emperor
Secutarii Titan Guard

Again, everyone please thank Mango Polo for putting all of this together for us.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
All hail the Fruit of Exploration.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Emperor is getting rules.

Psychic Warlord Titans

Insanely strong Space Wolves

Psychic Contemptors

My poor heart can't take this.

Also gently caress it, to add to the awesome:

My ZONE MORTALIS board from wargame-model-mods.co.uk has been finished from a building point of view. Now I need to paint this thing... which is gonna take a while...

WHOLE ALBUM: https://imgur.com/gallery/3t2PN/comment/945272109/1?lr=0

(its fully modular, thats just a rando setup which took about 5 mins to do)

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 3, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lord Twisted posted:

Psychic Warlord Titans

Insanely strong Space Wolves

Psychic Contemptors

My poor heart can't take this.

Also gently caress it, to add to the awesome:

My ZONE MORTALIS board from wargame-model-mods.co.uk has been finished from a building point of view. Now I need to paint this thing... which is gonna take a while...

WHOLE ALBUM: https://imgur.com/gallery/3t2PN/comment/945272109/1?lr=0

This is cool as poo poo and I regret not picking one up when you guys did.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Looks amazing. Did filing magnets give you superpowers like science suggests?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Unfortunately no :( but I did manage to reduce the most egregious offenders down so the walls sit neatly!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've just fully digested the Psy-TItan rules and I can't even understand what kind of game it would work in.

It's completely loving bonkers. 3250pts of army deleting madness.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
The Space Wolves rules have identical pricing for a frost blade and a frost claw, but the claw is strictly better than the blade ... wut? Also, there's no cost listed for frost axes; characters can only exchange for blades, claws, and great blades.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

The Space Wolves rules have identical pricing for a frost blade and a frost claw, but the claw is strictly better than the blade ... wut? Also, there's no cost listed for frost axes; characters can only exchange for blades, claws, and great blades.

Good catch, that is pretty weird. There do seem to be a fair number of errors in this book.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

GW has always priced a single lightning claw the same as a power sword for some reason. You're meant to make for shred with the extra attack, but the claw is pretty much always the better choice. FW at least acknowledged this by pricing the claws 5 points more than regular power weapons, but I guess they slipped up here. Oh well, access to frost weapons is fairly limited so it won't be that big a deal. Hell, S6 axes are a pretty good pick, it's just swords that'll never be seen.

That great frostblade rules though.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Broken Record Talk posted:

Good catch, that is pretty weird. There do seem to be a fair number of errors in this book.

They didn't have a lot of time to work on it, they did the best they could.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lord Twisted posted:

Aw gently caress I am hype to build my one now.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
SW and TS rules seem pretty cool and good, although I'm trying to figure out how Grey Slayers interact with other compulsory Troops in other RoWs.

Talons of the Emperor are a complete information overload though

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

Talons of the Emperor are a complete information overload though
Seriously. All of their poo poo has new names and I don't know what the gently caress and everything does so much damage.

There's a Sisters of Silence unit with loving CYBER JACKALS though. I know that much.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Lord Twisted posted:

Wait, maybe I just got swept up in the information overload. Where did we see this?

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

PantsOptional posted:

Wait, maybe I just got swept up in the information overload. Where did we see this?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Holy gently caress. Thanks, I missed that.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

PantsOptional posted:

Holy gently caress. Thanks, I missed that.

I think it's mostly just a confirmation of what everyone sort of assumed was coming in the eventual siege of Terra book.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Grey Slayers are amazing, and Space Wolves might be the best melee force in the game. Their base troop choice is a 10pt tactical with:

+1 WS when charging,
two cc weapons,
+1 to run moves,
can charge after running,
can charge after shooting bolters,
access to an assortment of special melee weapons (e.g anyone can take a power sword for +5 pts),

one of the special RoWs gives them furious assault (is that supposed to be furious charge?), and a once per game turn of re-rolling all runs and charges. The other gives all units an additional attack when charging a unit already locked in combat, and some other small stuff.

That's, uh, really good.

The thousand special rules seem sorta lackluster in comparison (still reading through all the new units though). I might be missing something, but I don't think any of the 1k Sons units actually have access to the cult arcana special rule. The rule says "a model with this special rule may ...", but then nothing actually lists which models have it (and it's not present in anyone's special rules section).

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
nerf space wolves

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Furious Assault is what Furious Charge used to be - +1 to Strength and Initiative.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
wtf does this mean:

"... may exchange their force weapon for a power fist with ... "

Do you get a powerfist AND one of the listed weapons?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
All those delays were worth it guys!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

These leaks definitely make me want to build a Custodes force for Zone Mortalis. It is weird that there are no sergeants in their squad but I like it.

The Tribune is a beast.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Hey did the Lion get any rules in the new book? A non-goon friend would like to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Sivores posted:

Hey did the Lion get any rules in the new book? A non-goon friend would like to know.

You could probably proxy the cyber wolves as lions