Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tsurupettan posted:

did my third 5-pull, any of these exciting?

If any of those are your favorites/waifus, keep it. If you don't particularly want to reroll, keep it. If you're willing to reroll and don't like these characters particularly, reroll it.

e: reroll targets in increasing levels of insanity:
-a 5-star
-a 5-star and a healer (might be the same)
-a specific bannered 5-star
-2 5-stars
-2 5-stars and a healer (might overlap)

Past that point is absurdity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

acumen posted:

there's a rolling gacha where your rate increases each time you don't get a 5*, this is reflected in the rates

Which is likely how I got my 5* Robin in my first summon haul, and that owned!

(Also got a 4* Serra which means I didn't do too badly on my first rolls, since she's a healer and that'll come in handy.)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

cheetah7071 posted:

If any of those are your favorites/waifus, keep it. If you don't particularly want to reroll, keep it. If you're willing to reroll and don't like these characters particularly, reroll it.

e: reroll targets in increasing levels of insanity:
-a 5-star
-a 5-star and a healer (might be the same)
-a specific bannered 5-star
-2 5-stars
-2 5-stars and a healer (might overlap)

Past that point is absurdity.

this isn't a reroll.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Folt The Bolt posted:

Which is likely how I got my 5* Robin in my first summon haul, and that owned!

(Also got a 4* Serra which means I didn't do too badly on my first rolls, since she's a healer and that'll come in handy.)

The details of the increasing rates are detailed in the FAQ:

It ONLY applies when you do a full 20-orb summon, and fail to get a 5-star in any of them. Using less than 20 orbs will NOT increase the rates.
After doing the 20-orb summon with no 5-stars, the rates of bannered and non-bannered 5-stars each go up by 0.25%. This will start applying on your next summon.
The rates reset when you get a 5-star of either type.
If you manage to summon 120 times (which is 24 20-orb summons) in a row without any 5-stars, the rate will go up to 100% next time. If I understood right, that means that your next summon will have all five be 5-stars.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tsurupettan posted:

this isn't a reroll.

Then like use them if you like them. Browse their skills if you want to know if any of them are exciting mechanically. idk.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

cheetah7071 posted:

The details of the increasing rates are detailed in the FAQ:

It ONLY applies when you do a full 20-orb summon, and fail to get a 5-star in any of them. Using less than 20 orbs will NOT increase the rates.
After doing the 20-orb summon with no 5-stars, the rates of bannered and non-bannered 5-stars each go up by 0.25%. This will start applying on your next summon.
The rates reset when you get a 5-star of either type.
If you manage to summon 120 times (which is 24 20-orb summons) in a row without any 5-stars, the rate will go up to 100% next time. If I understood right, that means that your next summon will have all five be 5-stars.

I see. Interesting.

Well, I have Robin (Blue) and Serra (Healer) on my team, so I guess that for my next summon, I hope I can get some 4* characters using Red and Green weapon types.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Tsurupettan posted:

did my third 5-pull, any of these exciting?

Satsuna = Weak damage, some type of healer archer that doesn't do either of these well.
Fir = Decent damage dealer. Averageish.
Sully = No clue.
Gwendolyn = Has that weird pulling skill I think, not particularly useful at the moment. Most things die or they dont and since it's AI, easy enough to kite without using a skill that forces it. Maybe if they make some challenge map with a super tanky unit that just runs away all the time she will come in handy.
Beruka = Lackluster, you probably have something better. Flying units not really required for any map right now.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 3, 2017

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Lube banjo posted:

is there a supported device list? my nexus 5 wont run this thing

Wait what, It runs fine on my Nexus 5.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I hate the be that guy, but if you're going through the trouble of rerolling, I would say at least 5* base. I know this game has a lot of people jumping on for nostalgia and dont necessarily care about powerful units, but from the looks of it so far in this game the 5* bases are so comically overpowered, head and shoulders above the rest that I can't help to feel that down the line there will be content created with such units in mind and people will feel screwed over not being able to participate due to being too weak. This is mostly PTSD from other games like this talking, but it's far from unreasonable of an expectation.

From what I've seen the dream is 3x 5* base on the initial roll (impossible), 2x 5* base happens but only 1 in a million (wont happen to me or you), 1x 5* base + 4* base 5* seems ok to start with, but who knows. Once you're dipping into 4* 3* bases it gets kind of questionable. Even though it seems you can eventually evolve ANY unit into 5*, I highly doubt the upgraded 3* will be on par with the 5* only units (what's the point of the gacha if that's the case?) On top of that, it does not sound like the price for evolving units is reasonable right now, so highest rarity = better, highest base rarity = ideal to shoot for.

That sucks. I had linked my Nintendo account already. Is there a way to delete my progress?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Agoat posted:

That sucks. I had linked my Nintendo account already. Is there a way to delete my progress?

Yes, though I don't know the details (try googling?)

If you've already claimed the 10 free orbs from the account, you aren't getting those back. You'd have to make a new My Nintendo account.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Agoat posted:

If you're willing to do it, yes. You go into Account Management and choose "Delete Local Data" or something like that, which de-links and PERMANENTLY DELETES your current Fire Emblem account.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also, PSA:

There are a second tier of quests once you finish the first tier in each category (the February ones and the plotline ones). Presumably there's a third, since they're named after the difficulties.

In particular, you want to finish the February quests before you start tackling maps with level 20+ enemies. The only part that won't happen automatically is doing the second stratum of the training tower 5 times, so do that.

The second tier of the plotline quests has you doing the final map of each chapter in hard mode. This means you want to save 1-5, 2-5, etc for until you unlock the hard mode quests to avoid wasting stamina repeating them.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
You guys own. I never claimed the free orbs so I'll start over. Thank you!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Man I really am enjoying this wayyyy more than most freemium games. I might toss full game money at it just because of how much fun I'm having.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
This is the first gacha style game and im enjoying it so far. Maybe it helps that my first full summon I got a 5 star Camilla and a 4 star Abel and they wreck poo poo up.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Wait what, It runs fine on my Nexus 5.

My thoughts exactly! play won't let me install it for some reason

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Lube banjo posted:

Are you in a country that's randomly unsupported or something, works fine on my N5 as well.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Veib posted:

Are you in a country that's randomly unsupported or something, works fine on my N5 as well.

i've lived in texas for the past decade and have had this phone for over 3 years. but interesting to know it's not my phone - i'll keep searching for a solution

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Go to APK Mirror and download the APK then sideload it. The bonus is that it'll update from the Play Store afterwards too.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Lube banjo posted:

I installed with an apk so I guess go that route.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So my tolerance for rerolling in games is pretty low, but I've done it 4 times so far and just pulled three 4*s and a 3* mounted dude. One of the 4* is a healer at least. Honestly I expect to get sick and tired or rerolling within another 10 times or so and just say gently caress it.

As such is this a "good enough" team to go with or should I give it a few more attempts?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

cheetah7071 posted:

Also, PSA:

There are a second tier of quests once you finish the first tier in each category (the February ones and the plotline ones). Presumably there's a third, since they're named after the difficulties.

In particular, you want to finish the February quests before you start tackling maps with level 20+ enemies. The only part that won't happen automatically is doing the second stratum of the training tower 5 times, so do that.

The second tier of the plotline quests has you doing the final map of each chapter in hard mode. This means you want to save 1-5, 2-5, etc for until you unlock the hard mode quests to avoid wasting stamina repeating them.

The lunatic tier for feb is pretty similar, except with level 35+ enemies. The two that might trip people up is a quest that requires killing 15 35+ enemies with a cavalry unit, and a quest to beat 6-1 Lunatic with Felicia in your party (she is one of the daily hero rotation iirc, so grab her if you want to do that quest).

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

SpaceCadetBob posted:

So my tolerance for rerolling in games is pretty low, but I've done it 4 times so far and just pulled three 4*s and a 3* mounted dude. One of the 4* is a healer at least. Honestly I expect to get sick and tired or rerolling within another 10 times or so and just say gently caress it.

As such is this a "good enough" team to go with or should I give it a few more attempts?

I'd go until you get one five star

It does make a difference

Or don't and just gently caress around man, are you going to fight the whales? Probably not. Just have fun with it man

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
How do you get more Stamina potions? How replaceable are they? I hate consumables...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

KnoxZone posted:

The lunatic tier for feb is pretty similar, except with level 35+ enemies. The two that might trip people up is a quest that requires killing 15 35+ enemies with a cavalry unit, and a quest to beat 6-1 Lunatic with Felicia in your party (she is one of the daily hero rotation iirc, so grab her if you want to do that quest).

Thanks for the heads up, guess I should probably start training a cavalry unit

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

U-DO Burger posted:

no, they're the same. But pulling on a banner and whiffing boosts your chance of pulling a 5* on that banner for subsequent pulls.

:negative: Well, now I'm going to have to pull until I get a 5* just so I don't waste that bonus. 4* Henry, Whys and Nino. Nintendo, why.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is a 5* Tiki Jr. any good as a pull?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have a few 4* Pegasus Knights, not sure who I like better. Shanna has an AoE speed debuff, which is nice, but Cordelia eventually gets Galeforce, which is also very nice.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

GigaPeon posted:

How do you get more Stamina potions? How replaceable are they? I hate consumables...

Redeem them through nintendo's rewards program with coins you can acquire by playing through the story mode. They also just gave us 10 of them this morning.

You can access this in-game by going to the fountain then clicking on the icon at the top right (silver ring around the Fire Emblem... emblem)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i think the characters im gonna focus on leveling for various quests and stuff are 5* Roy, 5* Takumi, 5* Lyn, 4* Eliwood, 4* Cordelia, 4* Arthur, and 3* Lissa. Soon as I get my first batch of PVP feathers that'll be a 4* Lissa

ill probably pop up the 3 story units you get too since im sure youll need them for challenges or something at some point

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is a 5* Tiki Jr. any good as a pull?

Yes, AoE heal + tanky (at least durable, for a mage, can't tank top dps or falchion) + high mage dps that often hits twice and counters twice. Special reduces most enemies to 1-2 hp with an AoE of 7 spaces in a specific pattern. The downside is attack range only 1 and the fact that is a dragon so any falchion user (bonus vs dragons) will shred her hp and also the art.

Look out for healer and/or Res debuffer to supplement if you plan to build a team around this unit. You will need a real tank as well eventually.

I believe other 5* mage are still considered better because they have ranged attack, but it's a good pull.

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

When pulling Tiki make sure it's the Dragon Scion one and not the other one

The 3* version actually has very similar skill-set, not nearly as tanky and doesn't hit as hard but does get ranged counter attack which you have to train with SP (one of the expensive skills called lightning something.)

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 4, 2017

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ChronoReverse posted:

Go to APK Mirror and download the APK then sideload it. The bonus is that it'll update from the Play Store afterwards too.

ok that worked and was super simple. thanks guy

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
When pulling Tiki make sure it's the Dragon Scion one and not the other one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Naga's voice isn't available at 5 stars anyways

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Out of idle curiosity, how does a Nowi with decent stats stand up to Falchion wielders? Fae obviously gets destroyed since she's dealing with triangle disadvantage along with effective weaponry, and Tiki fares poorly as well while sharing the same spot on the triangle. Nowi's a blue though, with triangle advantage, so does it affect things enough to actually make her usable against them?

I don't have, or want, a Nowi, but there are more manaketes we'll get eventually, so happen to be thinking about this in case we get more blue ones eventually.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

gently caress 8-2 by the way. What a lovely map.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lord Koth posted:

Out of idle curiosity, how does a Nowi with decent stats stand up to Falchion wielders? Fae obviously gets destroyed since she's dealing with triangle disadvantage along with effective weaponry, and Tiki fares poorly as well while sharing the same spot on the triangle. Nowi's a blue though, with triangle advantage, so does it affect things enough to actually make her usable against them?

I don't have, or want, a Nowi, but there are more manaketes we'll get eventually, so happen to be thinking about this in case we get more blue ones eventually.

I haven't tested it, but I suspect it reduces the damage from "hilariously lethal" to "lethal"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
whos the best healer because I did a 3rd pull and got all healers + 5* Lucina :v:

3 red 5*s and Takumi though so heck thats a bad variety

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

MotU posted:

whos the best healer because I did a 3rd pull and got all healers + 5* Lucina :v:

3 red 5*s and Takumi though so heck thats a bad variety

I haven't seen all the healers yet, but I would probably say Clarine or Lissa are the best. Clarine can use a full party +4 speed buff every other turn, while Lissa has a +4 attack buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So here's my question. How do you guys deal with the AI? Someone told me to try and bait out the enemy, but that seems flat out impossible. Enemy teams straight up won't move at all until my units are in a position where they can all swoop down at once and destroy them. No matter how many times I wait in a good position, enemy turns end instantly without a single move.