Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Rotd if you want real not bitter coffee grab a chemex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

French or Quebecois: Identifying Canadian infiltrators

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

A perculator makes the most bitter and is best for stale preground beans

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
i'm thinking of this tbh

https://www.amazon.com/Clever-Coffee-Dripper-Large-Ounces/dp/B00EOM5RN0

looks good, cheap, convenient

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I have one of those and it's super nice for a 16oz container. I use the chemex for the 20 or two regular cups at once

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

rafza's sideburns are about as long as i expected

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

*vb recoils in fear and horror, hissing like gollum*

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This morning, I decided that the normal way of making Aeropress was not good enough for me. I had used an orange slice in place of a filter before and it worked ok. So I thought that if I poke a few holes in the Oreo like I did the orange slice, it would work the same. I was right! I brewed it the same way, using my usual recipe. The Oreo center added a nice creamy texture to the coffee that was complimented by the chocolate in the cookie. The only drawback was that there were either grounds or bits of Oreo floating in my coffee. I think that this could be fixed by using a paper or metal filter in conjunction with the Oreo. 8/10 would recommend!

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

nice tats

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Re - coffee chat, does anyone here drink civet coffee?

If so, how does its "production" not bother you? Or is it just so good that it doesn't matter? I've never tried it.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

It was nice knowing you all. If any of you survive the nuclear fallout you can come live in northern Canada with me and my mutant brethren.

If you bring your pile of drugs you can have the tent next to my warlords yurt.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Majorian posted:

If so, how does its "production" not bother you? Or is it just so good that it doesn't matter? I've never tried it.

Just drink ur posts

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Aeryk posted:

Just drink ur posts

My posts don't come out of cat's butts though. (just my own)

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending
i think the keets have been plotting, when i opened their box this morning all three immediately took to the sky like mighty eagles and escaped (onto the floor, where they wandered around and shat and looked suspicious until i gathered them up and put them back in the box)

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

civet coffee that's force fed tastes like poo poo. It was a huge fad until people realized this, it's back to obscurity and only brought up by people who have no appreciation of reality like bernie bros

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

i like father john misty's new song

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i imagine it was the most successful concerted effort ever accomplished by guinea fowl and even though it was a huge failure, i appreciate it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

civet coffee that's force fed tastes like poo poo. It was a huge fad until people realized this, it's back to obscurity

Glad to hear it.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

breaking news: i touched vanya's belly and he stretched his chunky little legs and said "murr"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Majorian posted:

someone bought me some once but I think it may have been fake stuff aimed at tourists, but then again the person that bought it is gourmand so who knows

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

breaking news: i touched vanya's belly and he stretched his chunky little legs and said "murr"

mixed signals

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

it was rather stale and not up to much fyi

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

We haven't had whiskey sour talk in a while but it's a good drink in these times.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

We haven't had whiskey sour talk in a while but it's a good drink in these times.

ive learned that i much prefer martinis with a twist rather than olives

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Now that's freedom.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

My favorite (classic) drinks

1. Sazerac
2. Old Fashioned
3. Gimlet

Whiskey sours are decent but I'm gonna usually go for something like those if I'm interested in a classic drink.

Modern cocktails are a different story altogether and generally I go for floral and herbal flavors :shobon:

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

vanya is my guiding light in these troubled times

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

My favorite (classic) drinks

1. Sazerac
2. Old Fashioned
3. Gimlet

Whiskey sours are decent but I'm gonna usually go for something like those if I'm interested in a classic drink.

Modern cocktails are a different story altogether and generally I go for floral and herbal flavors :shobon:

i am going to take this time advocate for french 75s

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

kustomkarkommando posted:

Canadian border control?

customs and border patrol

there's plenty of shouty powertripping shitheads in it who want to feel like they're serving their country while only having to go through all of the work and training of a mall cop

canadian border workers are much kinder

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
my fav cocktail is something called an offhand with a rye base

but the averna and campari too expensive

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i like gin and tonics cause it along with screwdrivers are the only cocktails i know how to make

i guess i can make gin 'n' juice too

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i am going to take this time advocate for french 75s
A solid cocktail.

A lot of modern cocktails can be really hit or miss (sometimes they're too confused, othertimes they combine flavors that don't make sense) but the classics, if the bar is halfway decent, are always a good choice.

Gin and Juche posted:

Rye is great, and I'm glad it's made a comeback.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

mandatory lesbian posted:

i like gin and tonics cause it along with screwdrivers are the only cocktails i know how to make

i guess i can make gin 'n' juice too
Make yourself a dark and stormy.

Black rum and ginger beer.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

A bar that serves cocktails sounds far too fancy

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gin and Juche posted:

What is the recipe

I will initially increase the price but then lower the price by forcing them to resort to economies of scale and/or degrading their brands by their association with me

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Gin and Juche posted:

Post this. I need to kill a bottle of rittenhouse and I can't google an obvious ratio.

/e- I will always advocate for a french 76 (I think that's the one with elderflower liquor)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Make yourself a dark and stormy.

Black rum and ginger beer.

i loving love dark and stormys but buying two alcohols is more expensive then buying gin and tonic water, or vodka and oj

• Locked thread