Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Mr.48 posted:

Thats... a lot of premiums. I would like to hear your thoughts on the T26E5 versus the AMX M4 mle 49. I'd like to buy one of them to grind credits, and would like something with decent armor for a change and less stress (I already have plenty of unarmored premiums like the Skorpion G and FCM 50t). Specifically I'm wondering how easy is it in practice to hide your hull in the T26E5, since its not so well armored versus how much the AMX M4 mle 49 suffers from the weak commander's cupola?

Also, there is the question of ammunition: On the one hand the American's ammo is 3 times better in terms of credit/damage value, but its an APCR shell so it gets less normalization and may bounce more often than the French shell which is less cost effective but should penetrate more often thanks to being an AP shell at the same nominal penetration value.

Which do you prefer overall and why?

Before I answer that I wanna make sure that you know that I am biased. I really can't stand 90mm guns or smaller. I just enjoy alpha more.

That being said, the gun on the T26 is an absolute beast. Accurate, fast firing, high pen. The 100mm on the Liberte is just a different thing, not as accurate but it packs the punch you need to brawl in higher tiers as well.

Both tanks get good gun depression, and the cupola is not that big of a deal if you use a hill properly. Tier for Tier the Patriot is probably better for money making and loving people over. That being said, I got some insane games in the Liberte with massive amounts of damage blocked and dealt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

BadLlama posted:

Type 59 is 22 on that list, oh how the mighty have fallen.

Between it being nerfed a few times and now power crept it hasn't aged well. I still find it comfy to play and you can still do well in it, but compared to some of the other premiums on offer now it doesn't really stand up unfortunately.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

come the gently caress on

they're removing the VK28's howitzer. gently caress you wg. gently caress off

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Prav posted:

They also nerfed the 12T to have 1000 dpm: 10s to dump a 4 round clip, 20s clip reload.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

It could be worse, you could be Tazilon.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Blindeye posted:

They also nerfed the 12T to have 1000 dpm: 10s to dump a 4 round clip, 20s clip reload.

they increased the in-mag reload to 2,5 secs too

just for reference, an E8 with a rammer reloads in 2,85 and has a 71 shot magazine

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

man at this rate the changes to the ELC are gonna be apocalyptic

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What about the premium lights?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

On the other hand, the 59-16 now has a gun.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

McGavin posted:

It always had a gun. It wasn't a very good gun for what it matched up against, but it was there. It also had a party noise maker.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the T21, VK28, T37 and 59-16 are the same loving tank now

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Prav posted:

man at this rate the changes to the ELC are gonna be apocalyptic

"AMX ELC being replaced by the Tiger (P) lgwt"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Azhais posted:

"AMX ELC being replaced by the Tiger (P) lgwt"

Makes sense in Trump's America all tanks would be replaced with Nazi variants.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Why is the 121B the highest average damage to teammates?

The 121B has the stats of a tier nine medium and sees tier tens for no apparent reason. Might as well use it to troll.

Prav posted:

Tazilon cannot catch a break. I hope the MT-25 keeps the comedy machine gun because it will be viable on a tank that doesn't see tier nines.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Blindeye posted:

:stonk:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

McGavin posted:

What? The 57 was decent enough with nothing but APCR and the auto loader was pretty funny for t6 strongholds.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The 57 mm had 200 lower DPM than the same gun on the MT-25 for no reason and the 76 mm had 85 mm of pen.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

What? The 57 was decent enough with nothing but APCR and the auto loader was pretty funny for t6 strongholds.

The problem was that the 59-16 had crap gun depression and low HP and a 57mm with tier seven matchmaking is at best underwhelming and usually just bad. The autoloader at least let you just cream any tier fives or weakened tier six and seven tanks you ran into.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

I mean, it is the slowest, shortest view range, mediocre camo, weakest tracks, lowest ammo capacity, worst gun depression and elevation. Worst gun soft stats too.

But don't forget, it has 144 silver pen, best in class.

It needed that nerf.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Despite my enthusiasm in my last post about the T-44-100, I am hesitant cause of it's price tag along with HFX.

Also, there's a grinding mission for it?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Bought the T26e5.

It sure prints alot of silver. This is with a credit booster tho.

I wish the Liberte' or whatever it's called would go on sale, I want to see how it compares with this.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 3, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Axetrain posted:

I wish the Liberte' or whatever it's called would go on sale, I want to see how it compares with this.

Supposed to go on sale in like 2 weeks or something I hear.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Aaaaah I get it, the point of WG rebalancing light tanks is to make them so miserable and unfun to play nobody plays them ever again.

A bold move.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

VVV You literally don't have to learn a single mechanic of the game or get any better to eventually get a tier X.

This is truer than SocketWrench could have imagined.

I'm usually an outright liability to the teams in tier 9 and 10 battles for a lot of different reasons. Even so, I own eight 9s and four 10s; a few more of each are unlocked.

It's no coincidence that most of my tiers 7 thru 10 don't get played very often and I'll often need a refresher on what to and what not to do with the tank on a given map. Even then that knowledge still doesn't forgive tunnel vision, zoning out, impatience, or bad habits.

On a more positive note, youtuber's dezgames and quickybaby are good for advice. And several goons have their own, exceptional game replays online too.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

RandomPauI posted:

This is truer than SocketWrench could have imagined.

I'm usually an outright liability to the teams in tier 9 and 10 battles for a lot of different reasons. Even so, I own eight 9s and four 10s; a few more of each are unlocked.

It's no coincidence that most of my tiers 7 thru 10 don't get played very often and I'll often need a refresher on what to and what not to do with the tank on a given map. Even then that knowledge still doesn't forgive tunnel vision, zoning out, impatience, or bad habits.

On a more positive note, youtuber's dezgames and quickybaby are good for advice. And several goons have their own, exceptional game replays online too.

I have to admit, I learned most of what to do through Quickybaby and Jingles. Best I got from any actual players in world was "uninstall" "stupid scrub" or "go die"

I picked up the T26E5 too, but my first run was kind of a bust. My connection went to poo poo about 10 seconds in and from there on it was misses, teleports, and suddenly surrounded by the enemy. I hope it turns out to be a good tank. I'm decent with the Super Pershing, but I'm tired of the hour long incline crawls when the terrain increases beyond 0 degrees and would like the chance to chase down others with the team rather than rumble along behind.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 3, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

Best I got from any actual players in world was "uninstall"

surely you're not implying that this isn't good advice for any of us

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

SocketWrench posted:

I have to admit, I learned most of what to do through Quickybaby and Jingles.

:doh:

In other news I reinstalled this garbage can of a game. In 3 games, I was focused down by arty twice. Welp :negative:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Does dying affect your stats? Like if the opposing team has one tank left and you are a one shot and trade your death for one non-kill shot, would that affect your stats negatively?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Does dying affect your stats? Like if the opposing team has one tank left and you are a one shot and trade your death for one non-kill shot, would that affect your stats negatively?

You mean besides your "battles survived stat"? I don't think that is considered in your ratings but I dunno.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Prav posted:

the test server is extremely hosed up: i just saw a T95 almost keep pace with a super-HT advance

also i guess i've got some grinding to do:

i got the idea that the Pz7 would be unlocked since i had the maus but i guess not

But...

quote:

Gepard_PH WoT PC Product Coordinator:

Good news for you is that once you research Maus before update, VK 100.01 P and Mauschen will be unlocked for you as well. Bad news is you need to hurry up.

Like I wouldn't even be surprised if the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing with WG, but maybe it just hasn't been sorted for the test server.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

But...

Like I wouldn't even be surprised if the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing with WG, but maybe it just hasn't been sorted for the test server.

no that's accurate, i did have the new tier 8 and tier 9 unlocked

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Oh the VK100 is the new T8... :doh:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

The AMX 30 prototype loving owns bones. It's also made me appreciate how tough my t-54 is because apparently the slightest breeze can pen and AMX 30.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

ROFLburger posted:

The AMX 30 prototype loving owns bones. It's also made me appreciate how tough my t-54 is because apparently the slightest breeze can pen and AMX 30.

Yes.
This is because it has no armor.

Not sure how you did not make that connection yourself.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

every little bit of armor counts

a single bounce per match can easily be equal to 40% extra HP. never mind the extra time your opponents have to spend aiming

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Michaellaneous posted:

Yes.

Rude.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

I finished the AMX 30 so fast that I don't remember playing it. I was about to buy it to play through it, and noticed that I already had the AMX 30B unlocked. Turns out I finished the grind in 72 games.

primelaw posted:

:doh:

In other news I reinstalled this garbage can of a game. In 3 games, I was focused down by arty twice. Welp :negative:

Make a new account and just do SICK JUMPS off of terrain instead, or play better games. I did the first, now I'm doing the latter.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Michaellaneous posted:

Yes.

What on earth are you talking about?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mr.48 posted:

Thats... a lot of premiums. I would like to hear your thoughts on the T26E5 versus the AMX M4 mle 49. I'd like to buy one of them to grind credits, and would like something with decent armor for a change and less stress (I already have plenty of unarmored premiums like the Skorpion G and FCM 50t). Specifically I'm wondering how easy is it in practice to hide your hull in the T26E5, since its not so well armored versus how much the AMX M4 mle 49 suffers from the weak commander's cupola?

Also, there is the question of ammunition: On the one hand the American's ammo is 3 times better in terms of credit/damage value, but its an APCR shell so it gets less normalization and may bounce more often than the French shell which is less cost effective but should penetrate more often thanks to being an AP shell at the same nominal penetration value.

Which do you prefer overall and why?

Hey 48, it's VegasRon(now OrganicMechanic), get on discord and play with Smith and myself. The E5 owns, buy it.

HFX posted:

I keep looking at the T-44-100, but it just seems overpriced. At $54.99 it is only a $1.00 cheaper than the Patriot. It is $15.00 Mutz. It is almost $15.00 over the T-54 First Proto. I have a hard time believing it is just that much better than other mediums to justify the cost of a Patriot.

Is it somehow just a lot better than what I'm seeing (and it does have several attractive features, just not sure about that price).

Finally, I thought Wargaming was going to start doing reduced prices if you had one version of a tank and wanted to get the re skinned version. It seems like the Patriot and Liberte are left out there.

MariusLecter posted:

Despite my enthusiasm in my last post about the T-44-100, I am hesitant cause of it's price tag along with HFX.

Also, there's a grinding mission for it?

The mission to earn it is gone, so now it's just a rare tank. It's good, fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

I've thought about it. But then I'd have to face up to my moments of stupidity instead of staying anon and just troll the chat when people start whining about who sucks and who doesn't.

This is the correct way to play WoT.

HFX posted:

Finally, I thought Wargaming was going to start doing reduced prices if you had one version of a tank and wanted to get the re skinned version. It seems like the Patriot and Liberte are left out there.

This was for the "black" versions. (Black Tanks Matter.) :colbert:

Cardiac posted:

It could be worse, you could be Tazilon.

He's already moved on to other tanks: