Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Prav posted:

PTR match creation seems to be having some issues

Can't even log in to the drat thing. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just had a game where all the tanks I damaged were outside of render distance. I guess I am good at aiming via minimap lines.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are the MM changes in this patch too?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

GODDAMNIT, WARGAMING, LET ME LOG INTO THE drat TEST SERVER SO THAT I MAY LOB IMPERIAL GLORY AT FOOLS APLENTY!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, gently caress, I just realized that the dude in the video said they're only fixing the armor of the Type 5.

loving welp.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This enemy team! :wow:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, gently caress, I just realized that the dude in the video said they're only fixing the armor of the Type 5.

loving welp.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/9171-publictest/ posted:

Type 5 Heavy

Added the 15cm/45 41st Year Type gun
Increased armoring of the hull and turret

Type 4 Heavy

Added the 15cm/45 41st Year Type gun
Changed load capacity of the Type 4 Heavy Kai suspension from 165,000kg to 170,000kg
Increased hull armoring

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, but I'm terrified that might only include the buffs to the skirts (or something?), instead of the really important shoulder buff.

Back in October (:wtc:), only the Type 5 was supposed to get the shoulder buff AND the skirt buff, and they went back and forth on whether the Type 4 also got it or not. Fingers crossed. Staring at the login screen without connecting still.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Prav posted:

they've given it an insane amount of buffs.

or rather, it's not intentionally crippled any longer. i swear, someone intentionally sabotaged the last version.

some changes:
track bloom reduced from the completely insane 0,4 to 0,2. literally cut in half
turret bloom cut from 0,28 to 0,10 (holy poo poo)
dispersion improved from 0,44 to 0,38
aim time cut from 3,3 to 2,3
reload time improved from 17,5 to 15 (1680 -> 1960 DPM)
HP increased from 2000 to 2300
View range increased from 370 to 400
and an extra degree of gun dep for good measure, bringing it up to 8°

seriously it was so bad

lol those old stats are pretty loving hilarious, still looks like a bad VK4502B but hell maybe I'll replay the VK get 3x my HP blocked finally and unlock the new tier 10, but more than likely I'll just win every game I get put in because the enemy just fires HE at me and gets slaughtered.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Those HP blocked missions are loving dumb because HE damage doesn't count even if it does 0 damage and 0 damage crits don't count.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

McGavin posted:

Those HP blocked missions are loving dumb because HE damage doesn't count even if it does 0 damage and 0 damage crits don't count.

I'd probably be willing to help game this for someone if they wanted. I hate missions that require more on bad luck / bad pubbies / bad mechanics than some kind of skill.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/groundhog-day2017/#1

skorp g is back, so is t-44-100

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I was just thinking that you don't see enough Skorpions

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, the test server(s) are proper hosed.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh my lord, the Type 4's new howitzer. :stare:

Specifically, it's gold HE round.

:allbuttons:

I AM BECOME DEATH

/edit:

There is no way they're leaving this gun in as is. No way.

I mean, it'll probably get implemented since almost no-one on the test server seems to give a poo poo about the new Types, instead opting to masturbate over the new German heavies. But once this gun goes live...RIP tier 9 and below.

Casually booped a Kranvagn for 650 damage on the upper edge of his turret. Murdered his gunner, gun, and observation device. Side of a Maus turret, 550 damage. E-100 turret face? Still ~500 damage. Splashed two tanks for 400 damage each because they were close to each other.

Hit the weird fence-thing of a 103B, he takes no damage, dude next to him gets splashed for 250 :laffo: (I thought spaced armor is supposed to completely negate shells?)

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 3, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the test server is extremely hosed up: i just saw a T95 almost keep pace with a super-HT advance

also i guess i've got some grinding to do:

i got the idea that the Pz7 would be unlocked since i had the maus but i guess not

Prav fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 3, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

There is no way they're leaving this gun in as is. No way.

the silver shell is probably fine. the gold one, not so much. e: actually after that devastating 55 damage hit i just delivered to a maus turret front, maybe it is fine ee: Strv 103B front, 203 dam. loving HE i swear.

also jesus christ i had forgotten how loving big the Type 4/5 are, completely dwarfing poo poo like the ST-I

Prav fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 3, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Prav posted:

the silver shell is probably fine. the gold one, not so much. e: actually after that devastating 55 damage hit i just delivered to a maus turret front, maybe it is fine ee: Strv 103B front, 203 dam. loving HE i swear.

also jesus christ i had forgotten how loving big the Type 4/5 are, completely dwarfing poo poo like the ST-I

Yeah, I've also had some mixed results after a few games. 60 damage on a Kranvagn's, uh...mantlet? First completely negated shell eaten by a T95 somewhere on the front. Weirdly enough, I still managed to knock 500 damage into an E4's front just a minute ago. Really inconsistent results.

But this is all exclusively at Tier 10. Can you loving imagine what this gun does to Tier 9/Tier 8?

And you still break even firing all gold as long as you rack up something around 3k damage as far as I've seen.

/edit: The same gun has a 14.3 second reload on the Type 5 with vents, rammer, and BIA. Jesus.

/edit2: Uhh...that's basically 2000+ applied HE dpm, just at tier 10.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 3, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm increasingly of the opinion that the Type 5 is still a piece of poo poo

written as a lose a match because it can't climb hills

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I find it funny how enemies panic when I send my O-Ni and AT 15a side by side at them. I also find it remarkable that of the three times I have done that so far, a few of my teammates have been bold enough to follow me each time.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Goddamnit we get none of the cool poo poo in EU land. :argh:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Some weird bundles up for the weekend for NA. Gold/premium time/ and a mission? Basically the missions are combined xp/credit personal reserves that only apply on a win. 30%/30% first ten wins, 50%/50% first 10 wins.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

real_scud posted:

Goddamnit we get none of the cool poo poo in EU land. :argh:

We do.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
So they are finally buffing the speed on the T95 (and T28/T28 prot.). Perhaps now I can actually have some proper fun with it, and not always arrive on the scene after my team is dead. At the moment the T95 makes the Type 5 feel like a goddamn race car.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Thats... a lot of premiums. I would like to hear your thoughts on the T26E5 versus the AMX M4 mle 49. I'd like to buy one of them to grind credits, and would like something with decent armor for a change and less stress (I already have plenty of unarmored premiums like the Skorpion G and FCM 50t). Specifically I'm wondering how easy is it in practice to hide your hull in the T26E5, since its not so well armored versus how much the AMX M4 mle 49 suffers from the weak commander's cupola?

Also, there is the question of ammunition: On the one hand the American's ammo is 3 times better in terms of credit/damage value, but its an APCR shell so it gets less normalization and may bounce more often than the French shell which is less cost effective but should penetrate more often thanks to being an AP shell at the same nominal penetration value.

Which do you prefer overall and why?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the Pz7 feels pretty OK. hits hard, gun handling is OK, armor is OK, speed is OK

but it's like one branch over from the E-100, which is more than OK.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I want to grind hells of everything.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I have opened the door to dual and triple boxing. There is nothing I can not accomplish.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Live Oaks getting getting a last chance: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/02/03/supertest-live-oaks-map-changes/

quote:

Major changes on this map:

1. In the swampy part of the map, added islands overgrown with grass. Near the islands are quite convenient positions for firing at vehicles in the area of the railway bridge.
2. The perimeter around the swamp was improved as well and new positions were added to oversee the central part of the map, and also for firing over long distances.
3. In the upper base the defensive positions were slightly improved.
4. Modified the river bed for a more comfortable interaction with the swamp.

apparently the problem with the map is that pushing S/E is just too drat effective. jfc wargaming.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

T26E5 bought, RIP wallet.

VVV You literally don't have to learn a single mechanic of the game or get any better to eventually get a tier X.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 3, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, you can't win every battle, and you can't control your pubbies, but you can use them to your advantage.

Also, you should platoon with goons if you want to have a better time.

I've thought about it. But then I'd have to face up to my moments of stupidity instead of staying anon and just troll the chat when people start whining about who sucks and who doesn't.

Lately i'm getting a bit gun shy about running too deep. Seems any time I've got a good amount of support and we're at the pivotal moment of destroying the flank, a bunch decide "Nah, should'a gone the other way" and bolt or do something stupid because they need to up their kill count so those of us left either get overwhelmed or flanked.
I also got involved in my first battle against tier 10 tanks. Managed to punch a Waffentrager in the rear end a few times and kill him while watching a T110E5 and a T62A flip themselves upside down in separate places.....kinda ruins any expectations for the game if even the tier 10 guys act like morons

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGavin posted:

This enemy team! :wow:

Had to check the list. Looks like one of my teams.
I dunno who should feel more shame, the losers or the two guys that manged to get taken out by them

Prav posted:

apparently the problem with the map is that pushing S/E is just too drat effective. jfc wargaming.

As long as your team isn't retarded

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 3, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Mr.48 posted:

Thats... a lot of premiums. I would like to hear your thoughts on the T26E5 versus the AMX M4 mle 49. I'd like to buy one of them to grind credits, and would like something with decent armor for a change and less stress (I already have plenty of unarmored premiums like the Skorpion G and FCM 50t). Specifically I'm wondering how easy is it in practice to hide your hull in the T26E5, since its not so well armored versus how much the AMX M4 mle 49 suffers from the weak commander's cupola?

Also, there is the question of ammunition: On the one hand the American's ammo is 3 times better in terms of credit/damage value, but its an APCR shell so it gets less normalization and may bounce more often than the French shell which is less cost effective but should penetrate more often thanks to being an AP shell at the same nominal penetration value.

Which do you prefer overall and why?

I'm waffling similarly and leaning towards the E5.

The E5 seems to be a significantly better credit earner than the M4, if that matters to you.

I also really would like a crew trainer for American heavies and I don't have any French heavies yet so there's that.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Type 59 is 22 on that list, oh how the mighty have fallen.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Why is the 121B the highest average damage to teammates?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

because there's absolutely no reason to play one other than to try and show off. then when people laugh at you for wasting your time getting one you get mad and shoot them

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Type 59 is 22 on that list, oh how the mighty have fallen.

You can thank me for vBAddict having that credits per minute stat. I figured it would help those quixperience idiots out.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

....kinda ruins any expectations for the game if even the tier 10 guys act like morons

Oh you sweet summer child.

Failing your way to the top is the easy way of getting a tier10.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Had to check the list. Looks like one of my teams.
I dunno who should feel more shame, the losers or the two guys that manged to get taken out by them

The answer, of course, is the 9 idiots with 0 damage should feel the utmost shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
I keep looking at the T-44-100, but it just seems overpriced. At $54.99 it is only a $1.00 cheaper than the Patriot. It is $15.00 Mutz. It is almost $15.00 over the T-54 First Proto. I have a hard time believing it is just that much better than other mediums to justify the cost of a Patriot.

Is it somehow just a lot better than what I'm seeing (and it does have several attractive features, just not sure about that price).

Finally, I thought Wargaming was going to start doing reduced prices if you had one version of a tank and wanted to get the re skinned version. It seems like the Patriot and Liberte are left out there.