Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Cute

http://www.freaksugar.com/exclusive-preview-red-hood-and-the-outlaws-7/

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
My only basis of which Hanna Barberra characters are gay comes from which ones were outed by Harvey Birdman.

I now want Charles Soule to do a serious courtroom drama of Harvey Birdman.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Harvey Birdman and Space Ghost Coast to Coast are already perfect as they are, no reboot needed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I now want Charles Soule to do a serious courtroom drama of Harvey Birdman.

Oh man.
I like The Inhumans and all, but it would be cool for Soule to un-exclusive himself (and in this fantasy, not lose any life benefits in doing so.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm just astounded how much contention it causes in these forums.

You want contention pal, see what happens when a teenage character uses a meme.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

You want contention pal, see what happens when a teenage character uses a meme.

Or the most contentious issue of our time... having a character be gay

bad_trotsky
May 23, 2012
Snagglepuss was always gay. He was a character from the theater. I know how unlikely it is that he wasn't.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
big pink theatrical gay coded character is made actually gay

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Think of all those iconic moments of heterosexual romance this retcons! To think, someone would have the temerity to twist so sacred a figure as Snagglepuss, peace be upon him, to the craven purposes of cultural commentary...!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Squizzle posted:

Think of all those iconic moments of heterosexual romance this retcons! To think, someone would have the temerity to twist so sacred a figure as Snagglepuss, peace be upon him, to the craven purposes of cultural commentary...!

It's Snagglepuss, not Snagglecock!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

can we change the thread title to this

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

:perfect:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I tried reading Justice League 3000, but I'm honestly finding it to be a massive chore. It's like all of my problems with Scooby Apocalypse and Blue Beetle, except the art is really ugly too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I really liked Howard Porter on it. Especially the cityscapes

(using Google Image Search for examples)
His big dumb rear end in a top hat Superman looked suitably big and dumb and assholey.
Much more interesting than Scott Kolins on the following series.

Edit: If I remember, this was one of his first works after teaching himself to draw again following an accident which ruined the nerves in his drawing hand. Something like that.
Take a look at his earlier stuff in Morrison's JLA. It's very different.

Edit2: Though, I hope he doesn't stick on for the Snagglepuss ongoing.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 5, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Alright, this is basically the best.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

WickedHate posted:

Why hasn't the thread title been changed yet? This is legit real good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/827915261659455488

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
M....my Snagglepuss canon....

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Archyduke posted:

Drag queen?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Snag queen

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Archyduke posted:

Uh oh, American President's got fuel for his argument.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tula Lotay's new look for Poison Ivy from the next All-Star Batman.
http://www.blastr.com/2017-2-6/all-star-batman-issue-7-exclusive-preview

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like the art style. Not so sure about that costume design though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ivy. Koichi couldn't make that pose work, why do you think you can?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm not really a huge fan of Poison Ivy having a set "look". I think she's got enough variety she can pull off just let every artist design a new plant getup for her every story you do with Poison Ivy. It's not like you're going to see a redhead in slightly different plant-based lingerie and not immediately think "Oh hey its Poison Ivy" because who the gently caress else would it even be.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

purple death ray posted:

I'm not really a huge fan of Poison Ivy having a set "look". I think she's got enough variety she can pull off just let every artist design a new plant getup for her every story you do with Poison Ivy. It's not like you're going to see a redhead in slightly different plant-based lingerie and not immediately think "Oh hey its Poison Ivy" because who the gently caress else would it even be.
Yeah honestly, when I think about, I can't imagine a DC character in general who has had more costume re-designs based on whoever is drawing her in one particular instance. Even Harley has more clearly defined outfits that get used, whereas with Ivy each artist is like "gently caress it."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Whatever Woodrue does when he ain't criming isn't for anyone else to judge.

Also Rose Canton. :c00lbutt:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

lotus circle posted:

Yeah honestly, when I think about, I can't imagine a DC character in general who has had more costume re-designs based on whoever is drawing her in one particular instance. Even Harley has more clearly defined outfits that get used, whereas with Ivy each artist is like "gently caress it."

I mean they tried to make that black bodysuit with the one leaf covered titty outfit happen the entirety of the New 52. I remember Capullo gave her a little corset made of tree bark that almost redeemed that god awful costume. She wore that all through new 52 up until her appearance in Trinity.

What's the consensus re: green skinned Ivy vs. white skinned Ivy

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm going major Allred vibes off this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

purple death ray posted:

I mean they tried to make that black bodysuit with the one leaf covered titty outfit happen the entirety of the New 52. I remember Capullo gave her a little corset made of tree bark that almost redeemed that god awful costume. She wore that all through new 52 up until her appearance in Trinity.

What's the consensus re: green skinned Ivy vs. white skinned Ivy

Green skinned is way better. Poison Ivy works best when she's weird and inhuman I think.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

purple death ray posted:

On the contrary, I think her problem is that she doesn't have a set look so she just keeps cycling through different stuff every appearance. The Joker has drastic redesigns and occasionally adopts certain costumes, but it all springs from the same base look. Beyond red hair+green?, Ivy doesn't really have a standard iconic design to draw from.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I mean, I'd say if you have a Batman villain with red hair and a green costume, and is a woman, basically everybody that knows anything about Batman will go: "It's Poison Ivy" since that's been part of 99% of her designs, so I'd say that's a pretty iconic part of the character's design that every design is based on.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Madkal posted:

I'm going major Allred vibes off this.

Exactly my thought.

I prefer green Ivy, though I did like her in the animated series.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

I mean, I'd say if you have a Batman villain with red hair and a green costume, and is a woman, basically everybody that knows anything about Batman will go: "It's Poison Ivy" since that's been part of 99% of her designs, so I'd say that's a pretty iconic part of the character's design that every design is based on.

If someone's wearing a costume with pointy ears in a Batman comic, it's probably Batman, but there's more to Batman's look than two straight lines on top of the head. Plus, there hasn't been a really great Poison Ivy story. There have been good ones, but nothing that really establishes her in the mind. I'd say The Animated Series comes close to being the ur-Poison Ivy, but no one really followed suit.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I kinda liked the N52 bodysuit.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I prefer normal-caucasian-pigmented Ivy, not because I really care one way or another for storytelling purposes, but it's one less arrow in the quiver for chucklefucks to go "I dunno I think our lineup is pretty diverse, really with a blue skinned hero and an orange skinned hero and a green skinned hero we're more diverse than the real world, a haw haw haw haw haw."

Then again I don't know if they're letting Ian Sattler do panels anymore.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Teenage Fansub posted:

I dunno, I really don't like it.

Actually, looking at it I'm not seeing a whole lot of different costumes, most of the time she has the... gently caress, I'm sure it has a name, the green Playboy bunny suit. And that works ok, but most of her other costumes are worse. Like her Batman and Robin costume. I thought her Arkham costume worked ok for the first one but after that... come on girl, put on some pants or something. I do like her Superhero Girls costumes is way better, though actually with the exception of Batgirl I think all those costumes look pretty good.

Edit: I actually don't mind either green or not.

catlord fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 7, 2017

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

I liked it too. It was a nice change of pace from the tits out/leaf crotch of poo poo like the Arkham games.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My problem with the black body suit is why is she wearing it? I know it's overly sexual, but her all leaves outfit feels natural. The black body suit is a concious choice for her to cover up. Why would the queen of plants care about that? At least make it green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Yeah, the black bodysuit looked really synthetic. Ivy covering up is an interesting choice that I'd like to see explored more, but it seems weird that she'd put on a sort of secret agent/tech villain-looking outfit to do it. Like, her using a leaf pattern instead of real leaves is very odd.