Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet she's Prometheus's Felicity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I bet she's Prometheus's Felicity

We can't handle two of her.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
3, Curtis.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Prometheus is Earth-2 Felicity. She got Lasik and prefers conservative pantsuits for office dress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

3, Curtis.

Curtis isn't insufferable though.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Curtis isn't insufferable though.

Not like all these women!

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Medullah posted:

"Don't kill him! You'll become a monster!". *Off camera in the alley, man screaming in agony "i..I survived the explosion and crash, I'm very badly burned and my legs are broken and oh god I think a possum is chewing on my leg". Back to Ollie "KILLING IS WRONG!"

Yeah this is really my only problem with the show right now - they keep pushing the no killing angle but Ollie has a guy on his team whose only 2 powers are duel wielding automatic pistols and some low rent Roy style flipping. They have upped the action scenes this year (the rooftop fight with Ollie swinging from the chopper was excellent) but he is dropping guys left and right with regular arrows to the chest and shooting helicopters out of the sky.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Half the dialogue in the episode was about how he thinks he can't come back but wants to stop her from going there.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Mr Beens posted:

Yeah this is really my only problem with the show right now - they keep pushing the no killing angle but Ollie has a guy on his team whose only 2 powers are duel wielding automatic pistols and some low rent Roy style flipping. They have upped the action scenes this year (the rooftop fight with Ollie swinging from the chopper was excellent) but he is dropping guys left and right with regular arrows to the chest and shooting helicopters out of the sky.

I think the writers are just trolling us at this point, let's have ollie kill 30 motherfuckers and blow up a chopper and then have him give a speech about not killing. It's actually pretty loving hilarious how far will they push it?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, on some level I think his point is obviously that there's a difference between killing people when you're in the heat of battle or in self defense and executing a helpless prisoner for revenge.

But on the other hand I laughed uncontrollably when Oliver just shot down a helicopter in the middle of a city and it was never heard from again.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, on some level I think his point is obviously that there's a difference between killing people when you're in the heat of battle or in self defense and executing a helpless prisoner for revenge.

But on the other hand I laughed uncontrollably when Oliver just shot down a helicopter in the middle of a city and it was never heard from again.

It went to the Arkham Knight school for Helicopters and Attack Vehicles, they're all trained to be unmanned so the Hero doesn't have to feel bad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And thank God downing a helicopter in the middle of midtown couldn't possibly cause any serious property damage or have any collateral damage. No wandering pedestrians, no structural damage to buildings, no explosions or wreckage. Its probably a biodegradable helicopter.

But really, I just laugh. I'm watching a comic book.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Hey, his mission was to save Star City, not Hub City.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bentacos posted:

Hey, his mission was to save Star City, not Hub City.

Yeah, Hub City folk are used to that kinda poo poo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

And thank God downing a helicopter in the middle of midtown couldn't possibly cause any serious property damage or have any collateral damage. No wandering pedestrians, no structural damage to buildings, no explosions or wreckage. Its probably a biodegradable helicopter.

But really, I just laugh. I'm watching a comic book.

He used a chopper disintegrating arrow.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Aphrodite posted:

He used a chopper disintegrating arrow.

With special shrapnel that ejected the pilot and passengers, attaching tiny parachutes to them.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medullah posted:

With special shrapnel that ejected the pilot and passengers, attaching tiny parachutes to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4ghsv04V0

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am irrationally angry that they went to Hub City and we didn't get a Question cameo.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The Question is "why not"?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I am irrationally angry that they went to Hub City and we didn't get a Question cameo.

Or did we?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Ok granted I'm getting over a fever but did the hacktivist fangirl look a fair bit like Root or what?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
okay I'm a big dumb baby idiot and the new Dinah is a-ok

there I admitted it

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

evenworse username posted:

Ok granted I'm getting over a fever but did the hacktivist fangirl look a fair bit like Root or what?

Hacker girl with big glasses and long dark hair is a bit of a trope.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
She didn't remind me of Root, just of Felicity.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
God I wish Amy Acker would move to Vancouver.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amy Acker is 97 years old it's not safe for her to fly.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Detective Lance and Wild Dog is a good combo.

Has anyone told Lance there's two alternate Laurels running around?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Detective Lance and Wild Dog is a good combo.

Has anyone told Lance there's two alternate Laurels running around?

Two?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Black Siren and new Dinah.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Oliver and Dinah have really solid chemistry, I'd guess. i'm a big fan of the new Canary actually

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

On the one hand, substituting in a new Canary is so blatant and sloppy. Killing off Laurel, a character the show spent three seasons investing in, still feels like an obvious and cowardly way to go.

But drat, y'all. The show has earned so much goodwill this year, and Dinah has a natural chemistry that really works with the show's new "Dark but Not Super Dark" tone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Black Siren and new Dinah.

Dinah isn't Laurel though.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Ragman better get his powers back and rejoin the team because I really like him. He is the most "grounded" person there right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Ragman better get his powers back and rejoin the team because I really like him. He is the most "grounded" person there right now.

My guess is somewhere in the next few episodes is a situation where having Ragman around would solve things in 3 seconds, so they put him on the shelf for a bit.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Dinah isn't Laurel though.

Sure she is, they have the same first name, similar powers. The entire reason she's there is to replace Laurel.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Aphrodite posted:

My guess is somewhere in the next few episodes is a situation where having Ragman around would solve things in 3 seconds, so they put him on the shelf for a bit.

Well, if he can absorb a nuke, in would say he's overpowered and needed to be nerfed, just hopefully not fully and permanently.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Sure she is, they have the same first name, similar powers. The entire reason she's there is to replace Laurel.

She isn't actually Laurel though unlike the actual physically identical double of Laurel running around.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
That was a good episode, but I really like Rory and I want him back asap. He has been under-utilised on arrow though. He's way too powerful for that show, he should be on LoT or something.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Lord Bude posted:

That was a good episode, but I really like Rory and I want him back asap. He has been under-utilised on arrow though. He's way too powerful for that show, he should be on LoT or something.

If you like him don't wish that terrible fate on him then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

X-O posted:

If you like him don't wish that terrible fate on him then.

LoT isn't that bad, it's much improved this season I think. His presence would improve the show.

• Locked thread