Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

A gag assassination sounds unlikely to result in actual death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Considering the fact that Goku was almost killed by a similar attack and their freaked out response to it I think it's kinda safe to assume a hit would have worked.

The fact that Goku is vulnerable to assassination is one of the funniest things Super has established. For all you can argue about Goku vs Superman apparently Hawkeye could take his rear end out if he got a chance.

i mean he would have to have a laser or energy arrow or something, goku is pretty impervious to hard rounds.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The only person who cares less about being dead is the old kaioshin, so I'm sure Goku just doesn't care

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Superman is also vulnerable to assassination

you just need some kryptonite right

everyone with kryptonite is super incompetent with it though. It's like with Spiderman and guns.. I don't care how hard his spidersense is generically telling him something is going on, a few thugs with guns would wreck him if he didn't have impeneterable plot armor

youre not faster than a BULLET YOU FRAUD YOU CANT DODGE THOSE

goku can, though

because goku is strong and my friend

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

YF-23 posted:

A gag assassination sounds unlikely to result in actual death.

Nah see its wordplay and the gag is a literal one that chokes to death

Totally works under gag physics

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Superman is also vulnerable to assassination

you just need some kryptonite right

everyone with kryptonite is super incompetent with it though. It's like with Spiderman and guns.. I don't care how hard his spidersense is generically telling him something is going on, a few thugs with guns would wreck him if he didn't have impeneterable plot armor

youre not faster than a BULLET YOU FRAUD YOU CANT DODGE THOSE

goku can, though

because goku is strong and my friend

Spider-man is faster than bullets he can dodge them long after they've been shot. He's about as fast as Roshi was initially shown to be when he was catching machine gun bullets out of the air.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darko posted:

Spider-man is faster than bullets he can dodge them long after they've been shot. He's about as fast as Roshi was initially shown to be when he was catching machine gun bullets out of the air.

Spiderman is defiantly not faster than bullets.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rutibex posted:

that's just how defiant he is about his speed

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Y'all

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

have we discussed this yet

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/826989920245780480

the mavs video people are at it again

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:stare:

my hometown team

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rutibex posted:

????

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Raxivace posted:

If Fusions 2 happens, we'll be able to fuse characters from Super and GT.

Then, finally, we'll have the ultimate villain- Black Baby Goku.

Broly + Girly = Power Beyond Maximum

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderman has spidy sense, that works as limited precognition. He is not ultra fast, he can react to things before they happen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Spiderman has spidy sense, that works as limited precognition. He is not ultra fast, he can react to things before they happen.

Spider-Man is both ultra-fast and has limited precognition which stack. There are versions of Spider-Man without spider sense (most recently the Scarlet Spider) who none the less are capable of out-dodging bullets just on response time.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

psychoJ posted:

what the heck was future mai's deal anyway. like did she just forget completely who goku and pals were and is also actually like 60 or something

Future Mai is so beyond the point of giving a poo poo about Goku and pals. It was a huge missed opportunity to not have her interact with Pilaf and Shu though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Alzhimer's

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Mai ate Shu to survive in the hellscape future world. She couldn't look him in the face.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Raserys posted:

Alzhimer's

How long before did Goku die in that timeline again? And how much longer before that was the last time the Pilaf gang actually had any contact with Goku in the first place?

I'd probably forget after all that time too.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Flagrama posted:

How long before did Goku die in that timeline again? And how much longer before that was the last time the Pilaf gang actually had any contact with Goku in the first place?

I'd probably forget after all that time too.

Like 30-35 years? Sometime around Trunks birth. Then another 10 years? King Piccolo was the last time they met.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Its like 37 years for her and back then he was Pilaf's height and looked like a 6 year old

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

future mai saw goku black ages before trunks went to get goku and vegeta's help. if she were gonna freak out at the sight of him, it would've happened offscreen when she first saw black

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
History will not remember the zamasu arc fondly.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thats a pair of high speed suppositories

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ImpAtom posted:

Spider-Man is both ultra-fast and has limited precognition which stack. There are versions of Spider-Man without spider sense (most recently the Scarlet Spider) who none the less are capable of out-dodging bullets just on response time.

yeah tahts called plot armor

If he was faster than a bullet then he'd be super overpowered and we never see that kind of ultraspeed anywhere else

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Cell is banned from the next EVO tournament https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XJKbvEPuFQ

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

SirKibbles posted:

Cell is banned from the next EVO tournament https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XJKbvEPuFQ

Mouths

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cell Cargo

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Rutibex posted:

I feel like one or two good snipers could do the job, with enough distance.

I still wish Mai shooting the earring would have paid off somehow. It felt like that was such an obvious out--have the earring crack and that becomes the excuse for the Double Zamasu fusion going bonkers. Like, it's right there, it's so easy, but no.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I feel like one or two good snipers could do the job, with enough distance.

If we're gonna give context, let's give context. Those were bullshit homing bullets that he'd already dodged numerous times. He didn't up and decide to catch 'em for funsies. Second, that's from a story called The Other which is literally about him Zenkaing into a new form, so he's way more like Goku than you give him credit for.

Spot on about Mai though. The Black Goku arc had a ton of cool moments that all seem like they should connect thematically, but most of the time they don't. The Mafuba and fusions are good payoffs, but they don't matter at the conclusion.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sassassin posted:

History will not remember the zamasu arc fondly.

I will. And I bet others will as well.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

If we're gonna give context, let's give context. Those were bullshit homing bullets that he'd already dodged numerous times. He didn't up and decide to catch 'em for funsies. Second, that's from a story called The Other which is literally about him Zenkaing into a new form, so he's way more like Goku than you give him credit for.

Spot on about Mai though. The Black Goku arc had a ton of cool moments that all seem like they should connect thematically, but most of the time they don't. The Mafuba and fusions are good payoffs, but they don't matter at the conclusion.

Wait thats real? I thought it was a weird photoshop since the blood looked like someone spilled BBQ sauce on it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

Yeah, but that's true for most Dragonball Z arcs. Hell, look how long it too for the Spirit Bomb to actually work on someone, or how basically worthless Piccolo fusing with Kami was. Or Ultimate Gohan.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why don't they just use flamethrowers against jedis? Or like, scattershot lasers

can't block it all you fcuker

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Zzulu posted:

Why don't they just use flamethrowers against jedis? Or like, scattershot lasers

I think the jedi could just use the force to blow the fire back at the opponent in that case.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

A tommy gun would be 100X more effective than any weapon in star wars.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

A tommy gun would be 100X more effective than any weapon in star wars.

That is in fact a plot point in the Star wars EU

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slugthrower/Legends

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MonsterEnvy posted:

I will. And I bet others will as well.

Zeno killed your universe, you won't remember anything.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Kild posted:

Wait thats real? I thought it was a weird photoshop since the blood looked like someone spilled BBQ sauce on it.

Yeah, it's real. He messed up on grabbing one so when he closed his hands, one bullet went through one of them.

But as stated, Spider-man does not just have Spider-sense, he's absurdedly fast and can move way faster than a regular person to the point of being able to dodge bullets after they've been shot. As I said before, he's like "Master Roshi catches machine gun fast" in a general sense, to the point where when he goes "all out" other absurdedly fast people like Captain America or Wolverine can't see him move. He's basically a lot like Vash the Stampede with spider-sense subbing for ultra mental caculations.

Comic just have one billion writers as opposed to manga, so one guy will come in and have a regular thug punch him in the face because his spider-sense is off or something, forgetting that they'd still be moving in slow motion to him.

Even the -movies- showed that when he's zoned in, he sees everything else in slow motion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWCi9Bxu1pk

And then Goku did the same thing because Spider-man was cool :d:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcZtg2TRnjM

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's what Dragonball evolution was lol?

Goku in a leather jacket fighting off some sorority bullies or whatever? wht gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Zzulu posted:

According to Force Awakens, lol gently caress your laser.

I fully expect expect Episode 9 to have "Kono Kylo Ren da! ZA FORCUU!!"

• Locked thread