Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
ELeague major Grand Final had 3.6 million viewers.

https://slingshotesports.com/2017/02/03/eleague-releases-major-statistics-grand-final-total-reach-3-6-million/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
All I'm saying is if they don't put wooden doors back in dust2 I will firebomb Valve HQ

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I like the splitting of casual mode into more groups tbh

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I hope they open up the b tunnel skybox so you can smoke out positions

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im gonna kill myself

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Good. gently caress Dust2.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i hope the new dust 2 is in space

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

To continue with Valve tradition, Dust3 will never be confirmed nor released.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

moving dust 2 to the new dust 2 group is a better way to deal with this than I was expecting

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
That's pretty awesome. I hate dust2, and being forced to queue it up late night with the riff raff in order to get a game going really sucks. Just last night I had a guy buy a scout every round. We couldn't get our economy straight and lost narrowly. The next game I had a guy full save after we won pistol because "we need the money". He got overrun on A and we lost the anti-eco. People are just generally dumber that queue d2.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

creatine posted:

To continue with Valve tradition, Dust3 will never be confirmed nor released.

Dust_2 Episode 1

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Crimson posted:

That's pretty awesome. I hate dust2, and being forced to queue it up late night with the riff raff in order to get a game going really sucks. Just last night I had a guy buy a scout every round. We couldn't get our economy straight and lost narrowly. The next game I had a guy full save after we won pistol because "we need the money". He got overrun on A and we lost the anti-eco. People are just generally dumber that queue d2.

They just moved it out of the competitive group. Its basically like queuing aztec or vertigo or whatever. People are still going to be playing the poo poo out of it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo they actually did it, the madmen

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Infer, no dust ii

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm speaking the obvious but this probably means we're getting a Dust2 update. I'm really excited.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's due anyway. I feel like there wasn't hardly any d2 at ELeague, although I missed a lot of the groups.

But then there also wasn't much Cobblestone either.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

+Inferno
- Dust2

I want a cool loving dust1 remake tbh

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

We back to silver elite boys

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Haha good gently caress dust2

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

It needed loving with. The pro meta was boring as gently caress to watch. We get short control at 1:10 and then guess whether they went 21,2 or 1,1,3 or rough long takes. In actual practice it was the map of every tedious autistic oval office and it was a mistake to queue if a random could join ever.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Kwilty posted:

They just moved it out of the competitive group. Its basically like queuing aztec or vertigo or whatever. People are still going to be playing the poo poo out of it.

I'm aware, but people like to play the competitive map pool, so it means there will be a lot more players on the other maps. At least I'm guessing that will be the case.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
#BringBackWoodenDoors

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Nvm

Smol fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 4, 2017

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Looking forwards to seeing pro games on inferno again

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Bohemian Nights posted:

Maybe it'll help bring Olof and Krimz back to the top tier.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Bohemian Nights posted:

Friburger King of Banana :sweden:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Inferno was always my favourite map to watch pro games on. This was a Good Update.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Rly hope this reduces queue times for non dust 2 maps but that might be a pipe dream.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah honestly I feel that Inferno is one of my favorite maps to watch in pro games. RIP Dust II souvenir cases, WB 8 million Nova | Walnut and MAG-7 Sand Dune souvenirs.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Anyone want to play? Grinding out of silver from inactive decay.

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

i hope they remake dust2 to a Rats style map

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Does/has anyone played santorini, Tuscan, or season? They all look super well made but it seems like there's no way to really play on them ever :(

E: also my climb has slowed significantly since hitting gold nova. Partially because I have way less time to play and partially because I'm probably at around this skill level. Slowly having games with more gn2-4s than gn1s, but usually not crushing games in the same way as in silver.

I think I need to start a deaths notebook or smth so I can stop loving up.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Agoat posted:

I'm speaking the obvious but this probably means we're getting a Dust2 update. I'm really excited.

Yeah its been known for a while. Just as it happened with inferno, they found some texture filenames ingame for dust_hd assets, if memory serves me right.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

It is all good

flusha posted:

It's kind of funny how when the rumours came up, players from other teams would ask me if there was any truth in them. I could feel that it was not out of curiosity but rather fear that they were asking.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 4, 2017

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
MFGA

Mffffgah

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:catstare:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I love flusha. He just gives no fucks :v:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

they should be afraid, teams will now have to go through a full roster fnatic and VP to even have hopes of winning a tournament again is scary. Let's not forget the age of VP and Fnatic just trading tournament wins for almost an entire year.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Not to mention the new G2. They look ready to knock some heads together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
We'll see. It's not a given that fnatic will be back to form, but I will back my bro Flusha (#1 player world) wherever he goes