Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Ugleb posted:

Oh good, he has a head swap option. That'll justify the price tag.

Load up Morley's Nagash head instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

goatface posted:

Maybe he's mostly dead and that's his dreadnaught suit.

He looks scaled for Inquisitor or suttin

That would make sense, because the limbs look robotic to me. It's either that, or rowboat has Slenderman limbs.

EDIT: Photoshop finds a use for Girlyman

JcDent fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 4, 2017

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
He does have torch feet :swoon:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

JcDent posted:

That would make sense, because the limbs look robotic to me. It's either that, or rowboat has Slenderman limbs.

And a pretty good use it is too.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

lokipunk posted:

That and the cloak are an accident waiting to happen.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Grey Hunter posted:

What do you think the Black smoke on the right is? 10 seconds after this The Emperor Burns.

I do think this is a much better model for his godliness though. It's still ridiculous but then that character was always meant to be.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JcDent posted:

I've been saying he'd look way better with the typical Ultramarine pteruges and a cape and, goddamnit, I'm right. The model as-is has way too much empty space and looks like dogshit.

lokipunk posted:

Nah, they're a part of the base, not his ankles.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Look, if your flaming sword went out in the middle of a battle how stupid would you feel? In that context foot-torches make sense

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Safety Factor posted:

Nah, they're a part of the base, not his ankles.

Yeah, of all the things that are wrong with the model, it's strange to harp on an imaginary flaw.

I wonder if FW is going to release Emps model and what super rules it would have.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

JcDent posted:

Yeah, of all the things that are wrong with the model, it's strange to harp on an imaginary flaw.

I wonder if FW is going to release Emps model and what super rules it would have.

They just did but gave him the wrong paintjob. At this point GW studio painters probably need to be specifically told not paint the power armour blue.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Torches on his ankles is a big plus for me. Captures the bizarre gothic aesthetic they used to go for much better than most of their filigree and skulls.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

goatface posted:

Torches on his ankles is a big plus for me. Captures the bizarre gothic aesthetic they used to go for much better than most of their filigree and skulls.

At best, they're at, not on the ankles.

Would buy the torches separately to put them on Black Crusaders, SoBs and maybe even Guard stuff.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

General Olloth posted:

The best part of this is that it actually says "pro painted by seller"

Like I know that happens all the time but I got a secondary laugh when I clicked.

Read the rest of the description. Painted in meticulous detail!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Grey Hunter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R2aW03pwL0

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

omnibobb posted:

Read the rest of the description. Painted in meticulous detail!

In Warhammers Fantasy universe CHAOS is an always changing state and I have painted them with that in mind with unpredictable color patterns! They are made of plastic and came as a kit--bought new and hand painted by me in meticulous detail.!!! Take a close look at the detail on these figures!!!--as good or better than whatever else is out there and they would make a great addition to your army.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah he's in the leaks and looks real good.

He's trying to look ~through~ that ridiculous shoulder plate. And his bolt pistol doesn't have enough ammo to do the one job it is built for (murdering a stupidly large amount of dudes). Also - why does he need a special backpack for carrying that sword? And why the need for older armour - he couldn't have just been scavenging armour from dead marines down the years? I mean, sure, he doesn't look like a matrix reject any more, which is good, and the pose is better (wait, how can he reach across the space marine breastplate to get a hold of a cross draw bolt pistol? Can he even reach that far? Why are his pistols cross draw ~from the hips~?). And why the hell did they get rid of totally rad skeleton strapped to his backpack?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Are you new to 40k or

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Movies and anime and miniatures all have really dumb things that are worn or done because they look cool but wouldn't be practical whatsoever. Repeatedly outfitting and posing miniatures such that they can't see through whatever piece of armor they have to shoot at things if they are a shooty-mans is not one of those things.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mcjomar posted:

=And why the hell did they get rid of totally rad skeleton strapped to his backpack?
This is the only critique I agree on for this mini, everything else is pretty much par for the course for 40k visual design which I generally like a lot.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Are you new to 40k or

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yo someone photoshop a giant shoulderpad that John Wick can't see through but shoots through anyway. I bet it'd be :krad:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Yo someone photoshop a giant shoulderpad that John Wick can't see through but shoots through anyway. I bet it'd be :krad:

Yes, an assassin movie with realistic amount count is very comparable to a setting with mountain sized war machines. Please keep posting.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ijyt posted:

Yes, an assassin movie with realistic amount count is very comparable to a setting with mountain sized war machines. Please keep posting.

Your Sigmarine shooty-arrowmen sculpts weren't very good either. hth

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Sigmarines are bad because they're boring, not because they're goofy. They just didn't go nearly goofy enough if they wanted to match 40K. 40K has always been goofy and stupid as hell, and that's what makes it fun. It has never been a serious setting. It has always been a game about doofy looking space army men in idiotic-looking shoulder shells shooting at green soccer hooligans and space goth elves. It's about as serious a setting as Brütal Legend.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Your Sigmarine shooty-arrowmen sculpts weren't very good either. hth

I didn't sculpt those so :shrug:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

...and why is he not wearing a helmet, who goes into a war without a helmet!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to tell Warmachine players that bipedal magical robots are stupid and quadrupleds would be better, but still not optimal!

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

JcDent posted:

The new Horus Heresy page has a little sidebar in the Custodes list that mentions that the generic HQ Custodes guy can't be the warlord if any of the special characters are in the army,listed by name, and included the Emperor.

It was always going to happen but neat it's been confirmed.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

Are you new to 40k or

I am sometimes irritated when my super dumb shooty person universe that I like lacks internal consistency. I forget to namaste.
Lack of backpack skeleton, and addition of silly shoulderpad is still silly though.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Backpack Skele is still there though, he's just migrated to his summer home on Cypher's chestplate.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Previous cypher had a skele on front and back. We are at 50% skele representation now.

Of course, previously all skeletal bits of the model were raised. Now, the remaining skeleton related decorations are recessed.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
See now these are legit and appropriate criticisms. Warhammer should never get fewer skeletons or skulls.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I will argue that Khorgorath has too many skulls.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure I remember a skullraider from early on in this thread? With all the skulls ever.
Also a skulldicator? Which was a big skull (I assume that lore-wise it fires a super strength exploding skull) on the front of a tank.
YMMV

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dont forget the skull fortress with eyesocket defence cannons.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Or the actual khornate fortress that GW has released.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Shazaminator posted:

The new Horus Heresy page has a little sidebar in the Custodes list that mentions that the generic HQ Custodes guy can't be the warlord if any of the special characters are in the army,listed by name, and included the Emperor.

It was always going to happen but neat it's been confirmed.

I don't know a lot about 40k, but isn't the emperor being almost dead/in stasis like a major, vital plot point? Doesn't bringing him back gently caress up everything forever in both time directions?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Bubblyblubber posted:

I don't know a lot about 40k, but isn't the emperor being almost dead/in stasis like a major, vital plot point? Doesn't bringing him back gently caress up everything forever in both time directions?

It would but that's for Horus Heresy, when he was still alive and walking.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

See now these are legit and appropriate criticisms. Warhammer should never get fewer skeletons or skulls.

*nods incredibly hard*

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

It's cool. Once sales of Gullyman start dropping off the story will be advanced by having him switch places with the Emperor. Who gets a new model. The setting is totally changed but not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

It's cool. Once sales of Gullyman start dropping off the story will be advanced by having him switch places with the Emperor. Who gets a new model. The setting is totally changed but not really.
Warhammer 40000: Age of Girlyman