Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Squadron 42 Spoiler

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPiJMTGDHn7/

Squadron 42 News Anchor Chris Roberts - Foundry 42

4th Motion Capture shoot is go.

AP fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Totally coming out this year guys

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I hope there is a coordinated group of cultists all with tens of thousands in jpeg purchases who keep the tracker stable.

It wouldn't be as funny if Chris is mostly burning bumbling venture capitalist money with endless shoots at the most expensive performance capture studio with nothing to show for it.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Crazy Achmed posted:

This is a good catte, where do i get one

warning in advance, tortoiseshells are known for being a bit high strung. they can still be great pets, but they're more temperamental than the average giant snail.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctxgVRjXtj8&t=1062s

Ben talks respec'

hello MoMA :wave:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Squadron 42 Spoiler, ferocious Alien Cavalry.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctxgVRjXtj8&t=1420s

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

Next ship sale.

Roach.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

AP posted:

Hahah, funny joke. They had that horse prop for other projects and they just pulled it out for a silly photo. Star Citizen is a space game about space. Think how out of scope things would be if it were real. Hahah.

Edit: No, seriously. It is a joke right?

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 4, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Squadron 42 spoiler

need more tape

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Procedural horses are in.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Discussing this stuff online with utter morons as a person who uses this stuff weekly is unbelievably infuriating

Story of my life.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zQCrvsmzzI&t=1358s

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen Regional Servers Coming Sooner

quote:

Star Citizen developer Cloud Imperium Games announced today that the game's regional servers feature is coming out sooner than anticipated. Creator Chris Roberts said in a note today that the release of regional servers is being moved up to Alpha 2.6.1.
Star Citizen has brought in more than $142 million from its massively successful crowdfunding effort. Parts of the game have been made available but the full title is without a release date.

Star Citizen regional servers coming early in 2.6.1 update

quote:

During the last Star Citizen development timeline update, CIG had stated that regional servers are coming. Today they announced the early arrival of the feature.
Patch 2.6.1 is scheduled to hit around 16 February based on the development schedule timeline and they are still ironing out stability and UI issues.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I didn't anticipate they would ever arrive so it sounds accurate to me

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The wait for Star Citizen, and the wait for Star Citizen to implode, are both great examples of delayed gratification.

"This is a game without a publisher" :downswords:
"It sure is, Taren Avalis. It sure is." :clint:

:catstare: Now come on Sandi, that's just unseemly.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

Procedural horses are in.

Female horses to be added 6.0.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

scrubs season six posted:

Why would anyone pull apart a grilled cheese? Just eat it.

And also why does it matter

What is it a Freudian metaphor for

AP posted:

Squadron 42 spoiler

need more tape

thekidknapp @moondustbabies Thank you very much. Can you believe they pay me to do this nonsense!?!

:allears:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Ironically, the horse's acting is less wooden than Sandi's

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
She has neigh talent

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

We've already established how good he is at talking about things he doesn't understand.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Its like 3 years late....

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

AP posted:

quote:

During the last Star Citizen development timeline update, CIG had stated that regional servers are coming. Today they announced the early arrival of the feature.

As soon as I build my time machine, I'm going to go back to late 2012 and show the backers this February 2017 announcement concerning the "early arrival" of regional servers. Oh, and no PU. And no Squadron 42.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

http://www.imperialusa.com/garlando-g-5000-wenge-foosball-table.html

That'll be one Grand Admiral, please.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

God, drat.

How much are the chairs? They look uncomfortable and expensive.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Sillybones posted:

God, drat.

How much are the chairs? They look uncomfortable and expensive.

i'm pretty sure those chairs are expensive reproductions of the type of chairs used on ww2 battleships or something like that

ben lesnick fat joke

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sillybones posted:

I think it is for all images. They are all royalty free. I think.

Nah, 123RF has a rotating selection of images that they offer as completely free (you're limited to one low-ish resolution but you don't have to pay) and those rules are for those images.

For example, I saved this from the page of free images on offer last night:

Then I logged into my 123RF account and clicked two buttons and got a non-watermarked version for free:

The only defense the shillizens have on this one is "Well maybe it was for a mockup, and they were 'comping' the content until it got approved but then forgot to change it" which is hilarious because "CIG is incompetent" is what we've been saying all along.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

The only defense the shillizens have on this one is "Well maybe it was for a mockup, and they were 'comping' the content until it got approved but then forgot to change it" which is hilarious because "CIG is incompetent" is what we've been saying all along.

No, one of the guys screencapped above actually said that "comping" rules still applied to SC since the game is just in alpha and thus not a commercial product :psyduck:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

At least it's a working multiplayer game

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

i'm pretty sure those chairs are expensive reproductions of the type of chairs used on ww2 battleships or something like that

ben lesnick fat joke

From old thread.

orcinus posted:

Was intrigued by the Emeco Navy Chair and knockoffs, so i was browsing around a bit and found this:

https://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/blog/tag/navy-chair

Turns out Restoration Hardware is known for making knockoffs of the real article and, i assume, selling them for the same or higher amount of dolares. What are the odds of Sandi buying the knockoffs for absurd amount of backer money just because Restoration Hardware?
Also, the chairs, if they are RH, are not originals, as RH appears to have been making knockoffs and got into a legal spat with Emeco. So all the chairs are likely to be expensive ($1k?) knockoffs. Kinda like Star Citizen.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

http://usamadepooltables.com/game-tables/shuffleboard-table-573/foosball-tables-wenge-and-silver.html

Have it here for only $2000.

Still, lol a whale bought this for them.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Derek can I hang out in your game room for like a week and relive my teenage years, man those games are bringing back a nostalgia binge, awesome collection.

Sadly, since we went digital, I stopped buying boxed games. So everything is currently in storage :(

Sillybones posted:

Did you have any properties you own that you had tenants or what ever foreclosed on?

I have several investment properties rented out or bought through a trust. None have been foreclosed on, let alone in or going through foreclosure.

As it's in the public record, what they're harping on, is the one I bought back in 2005 and which I rented out on a lease-to-purchase to a foreigner who stopped paying; even after he took out a loan against it. He's since left, and now there's legal proceedings over that. And since I still own it (since he hadn't finished paying for it), I'm part of the lawsuit.

After they moved out, we fixed it up, and recently put it back on the market as a standard sale (not short sale, foreclosure, or any of that) because the price (after the real estate market collapse from few years back) has gone back up again, especially in that high priced area. Even so, with the agent fees, I will barely make my money back. Just four years ago, the value had gone down to around $750K after the market collapsed.

We haven't even lived in that house since 2009 after we moved due to my daughter's school and my wife's practice. It's been rented out several times since. When we later put it up for sale, the lease-to-purchase by an existing renter, was one of the offers we accepted because it paid top dollar at the time, and was convenient. Very few people can qualify for, let alone buy a million dollar house with $2,500 a year in HOA fees, and $15K per year property taxes. Not to mention the upkeep etc.

Those rear end-clowns are basically doing what MoMa did. Take a square peg and try to fit it into a round hole - as some sort of attack. MoMa did the same thing back when he posted that I had a traffic infraction, regardless of the fact that I wasn't even driving, nor the fact that it was tossed out in court as it was one of those bullshit Red light camera tickets which get routinely tossed.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Feb 9, 2017

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

A $2,000 grand foosball table?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A loving F-O-O-S-B-A-L-L loving TABLE???

Are you... loving... making GBS threads me.

No gently caress it... Just kill me. Please.
I really don't want to remain on an Earth where people can earnestly defend that.

The gross mismanagement of this rampaging fire is both shocking and astounding.

Streetroller fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 4, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So how long will the player count justify AUS servers? It's gonna be ghost town after a couple weeks

It won't matter. They're now on AWS (via LumberYard) which doesn't cost anything unless someone is actually using it. Only the server (whether clients are connected or not) instances are going to cost them very little dollars depending on how often they are updated/patched, regardless of client connections.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Streetroller posted:

I really don't want to remain on an Earth where people can earnestly defend that.

The office tournament is serious business don't you know.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Streetroller posted:

:ohdear:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Streetroller posted:

Nice meltdown

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/827919781764415488

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Streetroller posted:

Somebody probably brought it from home, besides having something like that near the barista increases morale and productivity.

AP fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Somebody probably brought it from home, besides having something like that near the barista increases morale and productivity.

Or it was donated by the manufacturer, in exchange for Sandi sharing it on social media :grin: