Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The game seems pretty open this year, though like all welshmen I am torn between hyperbolic hope because we're the best rugby nation on earth and when you cut us we bleed Jenkins and coal and the much prophesied return of JPR might well be this year, and crushing despair that we might not beat the saesneg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Everyone's going to suck. Again.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
We'll all avoid sucking too much to give the Lions false hope for the NZ tour.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Stitecin posted:

I also wear Canterbury, but they're midrise and I put all 9 studs in due to being a slow second rower who plays on soft turf.

We pushed the scrum machine in deep soft mud today and these new boots kept my feet dry and I had the best traction of the pack. 5/5, would buy again.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Meanwhile, I wonder what Quade Cooper is up to....

https://twitter.com/FULLBOONTA/status/827285787372720129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

(Stolen from the NRL thread)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is he just beating up children now? Is that a career option available in Australia?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

goatface posted:

Is he just beating up children now? Is that a career option available in Australia?

oh boy you should follow rugby league

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

goatface posted:

Pls don't culture shame

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Is this televised?

Boxing Forum Moderator, it is your responsibility to provide us with the answers!

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

lenoon posted:

The game seems pretty open this year, though like all welshmen I am torn between hyperbolic hope because we're the best rugby nation on earth and when you cut us we bleed Jenkins and coal and the much prophesied return of JPR might well be this year, and crushing despair that we might not beat the saesneg.

Right now you'd be doing well to beat us Scots.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Awww, he won. :(

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Sitting in front of Paul OConnell watching Munster play Edinburgh in a school field

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Endie posted:

Right now you'd be doing well to beat us Scots.

I know :smith:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bahahahah Edinburgh had to pipe in crowd noise and it was drowned out by the Munster fans singing Fields Of Athenry

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I refuse to believe that Myreside has either seats, or any sort of speaker system.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Tyma posted:

I refuse to believe that Myreside has either seats, or any sort of speaker system.

They were speakers you would expect to see in a pound store

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Babysteps, it's still better than playing in Murrayfield in front of 2000 people, even if Edinburgh do continue to be poo poo in the Pro12

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
drat sorry I missed that Munster match....looked like an epic

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

julian assflange posted:

drat sorry I missed that Munster match....looked like an epic

It was garbage....I sat in the cold for 2 hours...

I have nothing against them using Myreside. It needs alot of improvement, but piping crowd noise through lovely speakers is a disgrace

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Maybe Edinburgh management are Seahawks fans?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sydney 7s Women's Cup final is :911: vs :canada:

Oh, and 6Ns :toxx: - if England do a grand slam, I will get an avatar and custom text of Tyma's choice, to make up for the Rees Preistland one I gave him a while ago (yeah, that was me, sorry).
If Ireland wins, Apollodorus can select the avatar or custom text.
If Scotland win more games than they lose, Vader's Jester gets the choice.
If the outcome results in an overlap (like "Scotland win 3 and England or Ireland win the title"), it will be first in, first served.
I will keep this avatar until the conclusion of the Lions series.
In the case of a Grand Slam win by any of the three teams, I will keep said avatar until the conclusion of the Rugby Championship.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 4, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vaders Jester posted:

Maybe Edinburgh management are Seahawks fans?

Falcons were pumping in crowd noise. Seahawks built a stadium specficially designed to amplify crowd noise which is a different kind of stupid

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Scotlands women managed to successfully replicate the mens teams ability to totally Scotland up a game.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Falcons were pumping in crowd noise. Seahawks built a stadium specficially designed to amplify crowd noise which is a different kind of stupid

Apparently the Falcons coach really likes the All Blacks and has studied their route to success so they're alright in my book. Obviously this won't stop the powers of darkness that are the Patriots but it's nice to know an NFL coach can see further than his own sport.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had a dream that Italy were playing Wales on a super wide pitch and were chucking it about like Fiji on a good day. I think it might be an omen.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The BBC opening their 6 Nations coverage with a nonstop 10 minute compilation of red card tackles from the past 3 months is perhaps a worse omen :{

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

So..over/under 10 yellow cards for "high tackles" this tournament?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd bet under. But more than 5.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

If Scotland win more games than they lose, Vader's Jester gets the choice.

If Scotland even get through the first 40 minutes without anyone being booked or injured, Vader's Jester can choose my loving avatar. :toxx:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, out early so Anne can frisk them for weapons.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has Finn got a head injury already?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tyma posted:

If Scotland even get through the first 40 minutes without anyone being booked or injured, Vader's Jester can choose my loving avatar. :toxx:

Does that count?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Gawan Hoggy

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Early try should open this game up, Ringrose is no BOD defensively just hoping he can get going forward to make up for it

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Gasmask posted:

Gawan Hoggy

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Scotland's year? Finally?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ireland are makng a good Scotland of this so far

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe if they score another two without response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Their forwards are getting bullied, they're going to need to replace most of the pack by the hour and the bench isn't exactly stacked. They need to be carrying a solid buffer by then.