Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Tecmo Super Bowl and NBA Jam only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
NFL 2k5

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yo I get this awful rear end foot pain every morning. It's always my left foot and it's always the inside of my arch, like at the joint where your foot tilts upward. Am I dying TFF?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Blades of steel loving owns

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

loved the 8-bit quality voice in blades of steel

you ever notice the goalie goes headless after he gives up a goal

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Blades of steel loving owns

My man!

NBA Jam was also the poo poo

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yo I get this awful rear end foot pain every morning. It's always my left foot and it's always the inside of my arch, like at the joint where your foot tilts upward. Am I dying TFF?

Google plantar fasciitis and see if that matches your symptoms.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

http://burymewithmymoney.com/

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Plantar fasciitis always hits me worst in the mornings

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

My man!

NBA Jam was also the poo poo

Hell yeah! Dunking on players with Bill Clinton never really got old

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yes.

RIP

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

We all are, every minute of every day.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Someone is going to say gout.

It's not gout.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Maybe it's lupus.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
It's definitely AIDS. Foot AIDS.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
you guys don't love video games until you've made the pilgrimage to Funspot and played the world's largest collection of arcade machines

plan a trip for the same weekend as the NASCAR race in Laconia and have all sorts of drunken deadbeat fun

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Turdsdown Tom posted:

you guys don't love video games until you've made the pilgrimage to Funspot and played the world's largest collection of arcade machines

plan a trip for the same weekend as the NASCAR race in Laconia and have all sorts of drunken deadbeat fun

We've got Ground Kontrol here in town, and it kind of ruined the childhood illusion of arcade games for me, the magic just wasn't there any more. Oh well, I'll always have Skee ball.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

A Man and his dog posted:

Someone is going to say gout.

It's not gout.

You don't know the amount of liver and onions he's been consuming to rule it out

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Springfield MO has an arcade there that is 5 dollar entry, and unlimited play on all arcade machines all day. Every machine has a button that is rigged to insert a fake quarter.

I dont know who would ever go to Springfield MO, but if you have to, it's always there.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Blitz7x posted:

Plantar fasciitis always hits me worst in the mornings

Yeah I guess that's what it is. I stand for several hours a day so I guess it just caught up to me.

I'm old goons :(

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Athanatos posted:

Springfield MO has an arcade there that is 5 dollar entry, and unlimited play on all arcade machines all day. Every machine has a button that is rigged to insert a fake quarter.

I dont know who would ever go to Springfield MO, but if you have to, it's always there.

What's the name of the place. I might be there next weekend.

I got in on first gen video games. I played the first Pong game, the table one, when it first came out. I really enjoyed Tempest and Numchuckin. Now I'm enjoying War Thunder (planes).

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah I guess that's what it is. I stand for several hours a day so I guess it just caught up to me.

Might be able to roll out some of the tightness in your arch with a tennis ball or a frozen bottle of water.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Calf stretches can help too. At least it did for me.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Darth Brooks posted:

What's the name of the place. I might be there next weekend.

400 S Jefferson Ave

I have/had the High Score on the SINISTAR machine.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Stretching in the mornings and at night are the singular best thing for plantar facaiitis.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I got mine under control with stretching and icing after workouts

the human body is a stupid thing

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I feel ya. If I don't do these 10 minute stretching exercises every night before bed my lower back is a train wreck the next morning. :(

I have to be super super conscientious of my form on any kind of bent over anything because I will undoubtedly throw that bitch out of I don't.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

I got mine under control with stretching and icing after workouts

the human body is a stupid thing

If you think that's stupid I had to do a whole semester learning about stretching then learning about how stretching doesn't help then learning how it might help but not a lot then learning how it really helps as long as it's specific to the exercise and now I'm confused

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Stretching absolutely helps and is cool and good.

- This old man

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Doltos posted:

If you think that's stupid I had to do a whole semester learning about stretching then learning about how stretching doesn't help then learning how it might help but not a lot then learning how it really helps as long as it's specific to the exercise and now I'm confused

People over think this poo poo, try different approaches and whatever works for you, keep doing that thing. For me it's foam rolling, hurts like hell when I'm sore but the next day I feel like jello, and that's good enough for me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Thaddius the Large posted:

People over think this poo poo, try different approaches and whatever works for you, keep doing that thing. For me it's foam rolling, hurts like hell when I'm sore but the next day I feel like jello, and that's good enough for me.

My advice is to stretch to improve tensile strength and to always stretch in the motion that you're going to be performing. Other then that don't expect stretching to magically prevent injuries because scientists are like wtf on that one still according to a lot of papers I had to read.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Bubble Bobble.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Mortal Kombat

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nice QCS thread daltos, you loving rube

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Mocking Charles Barkley should be a probatable offense, though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

Possibly best games ever:
Spy Hunter
Rampage
Civ II
or maybe Civ IV
X-Wing
Dig dug
Scorched Earth
Donkey Kong

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Civ III was really good for letting you get foreign cities to defect to you pretty easily, and that needs to come back in Civ games.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Civ III was really good for letting you get foreign cities to defect to you pretty easily, and that needs to come back in Civ games.

Yes, but CivIII also had a really dumb and broken trading mechanic, and it was pretty buggy as well.

I haven't even looked at CivVI after how awful CivV was at launch. I heard it's been made better but it didn't feel like a Civ game to me, at all.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I had more fun spamming hover tanks and mind stapling my citizens in Alpha Centauri than playing any other Civ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alaois posted:

nice QCS thread daltos, you loving rube

You can say whatever you want to me and get away with it. Must be fun.

• Locked thread