Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Dragongem posted:

Zen's ult is good though

Unless the enemy team has Ana, which is Always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Remove the cooldown on the pulse so I can fart people away all day.

e: I farted a McCree using HIGH NOOOOON off a cliff and felt really good about it

Yesterday I managed to get around 3 or 4 people on eilos with a good boop but It got a widow who pulled herself back up...only to get booped right back off.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Once as Lucio I killed both a Zarya and a Tracer with the same punch and that was basically the highlight of my OW year.

I'm an art teacher and a lot of my students play on PS4. Today in class I overheard them teasing each other and after one of the louder meaner kids tried to start something, one of the quieter boys said "boy shut up with that, who cuts your hair, Genji?" and I had to step outside to mask my literal tears of hilarity. His haircut is very much a wreck and no one felt they could top that line so class settled down once I stopped giggling.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yesterday i nanoboosted a lucio by accident but he went and killed both of the enemy healers with it so that was nice

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Once as Lucio I killed both a Zarya and a Tracer with the same punch and that was basically the highlight of my OW year.

I'm an art teacher and a lot of my students play on PS4. Today in class I overheard them teasing each other and after one of the louder meaner kids tried to start something, one of the quieter boys said "boy shut up with that, who cuts your hair, Genji?" and I had to step outside to mask my literal tears of hilarity. His haircut is very much a wreck and no one felt they could top that line so class settled down once I stopped giggling.

:zenpop: that boy just got play of the game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Poque posted:

I love High Noon, it's dumb as poo poo. I ignore All Brawls a lot because I feel like I get Super Shimada Bros about 60% of the time, and it is a terrible game mode with terrible characters on a terrible map.

I like the class-specific brawls, Total Mayhem, and the Soldier/McCree ones. Plus Mystery heroes. All the ones with pairs of heroes are totally lame

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I like the class-specific brawls, Total Mayhem, and the Soldier/McCree ones. Plus Mystery heroes. All the ones with pairs of heroes are totally lame

I dunno, I kind of enjoy Super Shimada Bros. I'm poo poo with Hanzo, but the enemy is no match for my swarm of Genjis converging around my sonic arrows.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I got two POTG as Genji today, in mystery heroes. I don't play Genji.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Mercy/Pharah brawl is pretty silly, even if it hard to win on offense due to it being hard to shoot other Pharah out of the sky or Mercy's ult.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This Is Illios is the worst Brawl by far because it only ends when one team gives up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What are the odds that Blizzard does something about a Symmetra putting turrets inside walls where you can't destroy them? Had a Sym on the other team do that on Hollywood and was getting lazered from turrets I couldn't see, and I could very clearly see the lazer shooting out of a wall. The next game was on Eichenwalde and that Sym was on our team so I followed her around watching where she would place turrets and sure enough one of the turrets she placed was in a spot you couldn't actually get to to destroy it. I reported them both times it happened

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Macaluso posted:

What are the odds that Blizzard does something about a Symmetra putting turrets inside walls where you can't destroy them? Had a Sym on the other team do that on Hollywood and was getting lazered from turrets I couldn't see, and I could very clearly see the lazer shooting out of a wall. The next game was on Eichenwalde and that Sym was on our team so I followed her around watching where she would place turrets and sure enough one of the turrets she placed was in a spot you couldn't actually get to to destroy it. I reported them both times it happened

I dunno. How long did it take them to fix the poo poo with the turrets under the Dorado bridge? Every time I've seen someone post an exploit that allows people to go behind textures and shoot through them, a patch has come not too long after, but I don't really know how long it had been a problem before that.

They seem to recognize and fix problems like these after they're brought to light, so I'd just keep doing what you're doing and getting SSs and maybe video if you can manage it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rirse posted:

The Mercy/Pharah brawl is pretty silly, even if it hard to win on offense due to it being hard to shoot other Pharah out of the sky or Mercy's ult.

Go dance with the angels!

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Redundant posted:

Say hello to Terry Crews. Sorry, I mean Doomfist. This is the dream. Although melee only apparently sucks for everyone that isn't Rein? I guess we will see in the not too distant future.

Melee only is terrible against guns with such open maps.

Dyz fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 3, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I hope you can do combos with Doomfist.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dyz posted:

Melee only is terrible against guns with such open maps.

What if you can punch the bullets away.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Well yeah, that is how one deals with a Winston. Sorry he couldn't be more productive on some hero that wasn't his main.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
So I just had a comp game where first the enemy capped both points, then my team capped both. Then they capped both again and so did we, both on overtime, but the match still continued. Didn't that use to be a tie?

We won but I'm not sure I enjoy playing that much payload in a row.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It's 3 rounds max, I believe. I bought maybe 6 points would be better.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Thoughtless posted:

So I just had a comp game where first the enemy capped both points, then my team capped both. Then they capped both again and so did we, both on overtime, but the match still continued. Didn't that use to be a tie?

We won but I'm not sure I enjoy playing that much payload in a row.

If both teams win the round with more than one minute on the clock, they'll have all the time left on the clock for the next tries.

I once had a 7-7 draw on Anubis :cry:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

Well yeah, that is how one deals with a Winston. Sorry he couldn't be more productive on some hero that wasn't his main.

It was extra funny because he intentionally let himself be killed by us at the start of the round (nice meme dude), stomped all over us for the next eight minutes, then once we switched heroes to deal properly with him he was forced to switch off Winston in a last-ditch effort to win the match. I'm betting that he was extra angry because he switched off and lost anyway.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

SKULL.GIF posted:

It was extra funny because he intentionally let himself be killed by us at the start of the round (nice meme dude), stomped all over us for the next eight minutes, then once we switched heroes to deal properly with him he was forced to switch off Winston in a last-ditch effort to win the match. I'm betting that he was extra angry because he switched off and lost anyway.

You've heard of a salt switch, you've heard of a rage quit, now get ready for: the shame battletag change

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dire Human posted:

You've heard of a salt switch, you've heard of a rage quit, now get ready for: the shame battletag change

I'll be damned if I ever change my battletag. Although the jokes do get old.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dire Human posted:

I would have expected a salt switch to be someone you'd find in a Miami Police report describing the voracious sexual appetite taken on by a local man after consuming his daily ration of bath salts.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can see how the CTF mode might suck if you were at an MMR where people were good but at the clownshoes level it leads to some really fun stuff. Like just casually walking behind their defense, tossing your mech to the front line of said defense, destroying it all, then ALMOST DYING BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO CALL YOUR MECH BACK but managing to get away with that, and score the only point of the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tonight there were so many kills I could have confirmed with a melee attack but in the heat of battle I always forget that I can do that. I need to make a pre-flight checklist to remind me of all the little things I can do to improve my game

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Do the Journey to the West skins not have any voice lines associated with them?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Boy does fighting a triple Ana or triple Soldier team sure suck a lot in Mystery Heroes.

e: oh cool I keep respawning as the same hero now.

e: two straight hours of losing because nobody runs in even three at a time :negative:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 4, 2017

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Tonight there were so many kills I could have confirmed with a melee attack but in the heat of battle I always forget that I can do that. I need to make a pre-flight checklist to remind me of all the little things I can do to improve my game

It seems to be about muscle memory mostly. I basically never used it when I had it in whatever the default key is, but been using it a lot ever since I put it in mouse side button and got used to it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

RBA Starblade posted:

Boy does fighting a triple Ana or triple Soldier team sure suck a lot in Mystery Heroes.

e: oh cool I keep respawning as the same hero now.

If you respawn as same hero you should get to keep your ult charge, imo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just finished an exciting game where I had the top three in eliminations!

I had one.

I think I'm going to take a break from mystery heroes.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Jeza posted:

If you respawn as same hero you should get to keep your ult charge, imo

I thought you did? I think you should always keep it, personally.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
Not that it's a serious game mode or anything, but it is funny how it's counter-productive to not use your ults until they can make an impact in Mystery Heroes.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Nevvy Z posted:

I thought you did? I think you should always keep it, personally.

You do not, unfortunately

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

Constantine XI posted:

Not that it's a serious game mode or anything, but it is funny how it's counter-productive to not use your ults until they can make an impact in Mystery Heroes.

Well, it's not exactly productive to use them when they make no impact at all, right? One of the things about Mystery that makes it chill is that you can blow your ult to kill one dude and that's an impact. One thing I've really been appreciating lately too is how much stronger Mercy is in mystery heroes than in the regular games-- resurrection is way more powerful when it also preserves someone's ult, and you can control the flow of the game by choosing which heroes on your team should stay and which should go redraw for someone they'll be more effective with

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

The joke's on you: he's actually being 100% calm and sincere while complimenting your tactics.

E.

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama
I won a game of CTF 3-0 but didn't get the black dragon head spray! What the hell Blizzard!! It took like 10 games to finally stomp 3-0!!

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

After my Winter event RNG fail (4 Santa Torbjörns and no other event legendaries, and that skin got old before New Years), this one turned out really well. I was prepared to spend pretty much all of my in-game currency on D.va, Zen and Tracer skins, but got them all from boxes Plus Reinhardt and Bastion skins that I’ll also use long- term most likely.

So I should be able to buy everything I want from next couple of events even if I play really casually in 2017. Unless if Blizzard comes up with a cunning plan for a new tier of skins.

I also like that I have my favorite skin on almost every hero. There’s so few exceptions that I might even buy Nomad Genji despite only playing him in mystery heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

We had a double or triple Symmetra on Hanamura defense. It's really hard to kill people when they all have an extra 225 HP and it regenerates.