Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

At the very least sautee up some onions and mushrooms.

Agreed but who ever has fresh mushrooms lying around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

glam rock hamhock posted:

To me all a good steak needs is salt and maybe some butter.

This is the whitest loving thing

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

This is the whitest loving thing

If he was saying that about chicken, yes, because chicken is naturally bland and needs some spice. Good steak is juicy and flavorful af

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Everything is about how you cook it. You can cook a chicken breast and it can be as flavorful and juicy as a steak if you do it right.

All anything needs is salt and pepper and proper cooking technique but there's nothing wrong with adding more flavors if you like that.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I got my parents a precision cooker for Christmas and it's been a godsend for 'em. I've not had much opportunity to use it but it just rules.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Alhazred posted:

He came from Veracruz though.

I mean in the literal sense of coming in and then coming back out.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I find the choice of Rotterdam into that series strange.

Can't say I disagree but it could be a cool film. And we're going to get paid. Which is even cooler.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mean in the literal sense of coming in and then coming back out.

Much like a pee-pee out of a yaya.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Much like a pee-pee out of a yaya.

Texas, the vagina of the US.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Budgie Jumping posted:

Agreed but who ever has fresh mushrooms lying around?

Just the onion will do in a pinch. Much more likely to have potatoes hanging around.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
All a good steak needs is another smaller good steak as a side, and so on, ad infinitum, until you reach the essence of being a MAN. Hi, im Dennis Leary and this is my first post on CineD.

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 4, 2017

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I like hearty veggies with my steak. Usually roast some fresh broccoli, carrots, and zucchini in some olive oil, garlic, rosemary, kosher salt, and fresh pepper.

Also, if you don't have a grill, steaks should be cooked with a hot cast iron skillet in the oven.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

All these sides people are suggesting for steak assume it's dinner. What about breakfast? Do up some steak and eggs.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
"Mr. Marx, how did you find your steak?"

"Quite by accident. I moved the slice of tomato - and there it was!"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
My husband likes to make steak by essentially simmering it in a pan with a bunch of soy sauce and some chopped onions, and refuses to learn how to make rice (he rinses it, which is good, but then he drowns it in water and boils it until it's a slurry). I've learned to accept this, because he puts up with me broiling steaks. All I need to do is talk him into enjoying skin-on mashed potatoes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lobok posted:

All these sides people are suggesting for steak assume it's dinner. What about breakfast? Do up some steak and eggs.

I've never been able to get down with steak and eggs either.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The skin is the best part of a potato.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/827366109644861441

Lol at Anton Newcombe in the replies calling the joke weak

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Seriously considering getting a 20 year old sketch of my face on a T-shirt

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I don't think I've ever made an individual thread for a movie in CineD before. I kinda wanna make a Love Witch thread.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

weekly font posted:

I don't think I've ever made an individual thread for a movie in CineD before. I kinda wanna make a Love Witch thread.

:justpost:

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Magic Hate Ball posted:

My husband likes to make steak by essentially simmering it in a pan with a bunch of soy sauce and some chopped onions, and refuses to learn how to make rice (he rinses it, which is good, but then he drowns it in water and boils it until it's a slurry). I've learned to accept this, because he puts up with me broiling steaks. All I need to do is talk him into enjoying skin-on mashed potatoes.

That's hosed up man.
How DO you make rice though after rinsing it?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

weekly font posted:

dooooo ittttttt

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FishBulb posted:

Nothing good has ever come outta Texas

Tommy Lee Jones :colbert:

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

married but discreet posted:

That's hosed up man.

I put it in the rice cooker, dump in some water, and push the little button thingy.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
My rice cooker used to make perfect rice every time. Then my fuckin moron roommate threw out the measuring cup that came with it and now it's basically worthless. I can never get the measurement right.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Buy a measuring cup?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That's hosed up man.

You just put the right amount of water in the pot instead of too much, turn the heat on and don't gently caress with it

Rice is easy once you've done it right a few times, it's basically muscle memory.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I love all rice

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

That's hosed up man.

2:1 water:rice (sometimes I just use a coffee cup), bring to a boil, cover, simmer low 15 minutes. My roommate had a rice cooker that he swore by, but it never did it any better than on the stove and the actual work involved was almost always the same. The main plus was that it could keep the rice warm and fluffy for a couple hours after it was done, which was kinda nice, but it's funny how many people I've met who consider cooking rice to be some kind of impossible technical feat that's way beyond them.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I've only managed to watch half of the Love Witch cause I had some poo poo I had to attend to last night, but I liked how all the Major Arcana of the tarot were showing up as characters.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Brainstorm w/me, CineD. I go by a single-letter name, and I'd like my Facebook to reflect that, but single-letter names aren't permissible on FB unless it's on your driver's license or some poo poo. You also can't use any punctuation or special characters. Is there some kind of workaround for this? And why the Zuck gotta be so fuckin lame? (I know why, it's because FB is an info vampire and they need actionable intel).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean, I just googled it and apparently its a standard size which is equivalent to 3/4 cup.

I'm just mad at him for other poo poo right now.

He locked himself in a motel room all week to drink himself to death. So we have spent literally days trying to save him from himself. Called the 911/police more than once, been in contact with his parents who drove 3 hours to try to get him, but he refused.

We just want him to be okay and somewhere safe so he won't fuckin die.

But it's been a low-sleep nightmare for days. Half the time not even knowing if he's alive.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Brainstorm w/me, CineD. I go by a single-letter name, and I'd like my Facebook to reflect that, but single-letter names aren't permissible on FB unless it's on your driver's license or some poo poo. You also can't use any punctuation or special characters. Is there some kind of workaround for this? And why the Zuck gotta be so fuckin lame? (I know why, it's because FB is an info vampire and they need actionable intel).

phonetic spelling of the letter?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Anonymous Robot posted:

TNG s8e21: Picard thwarts Q's return with bureaucratic red tape. Riker gets catfished by a Pah-Wraith.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Voyager s9e27: Janeway Tom the photons reverse quantum Chakotay polarity time coffee

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Anonymous Robot posted:

draw a dick on your forehead

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I've never been able to get down with steak and eggs either.

How do you expect to get in a productive day of farming then.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Nothing good has ever come outta Texas

Uhhh hard disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GosX1ze6qFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvCze8cytg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!