Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I'll put this on my SSD then.

Really hard to even play. Game is outright freezing as I travel along, opening the inventory, starting combat with something, etc. It's infuriating. Doesn't seem to change if I have ultra settings or all low settings, it loving just freezes for seconds at a time as it's always loading *SOMETHING*.

My friend has none of these issues. I've tried installing my latest nvidia driver but that hasn't helped.

e:
Loading this on the SSD seems to have solved everything... :|

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
I had those exact same issues until I loaded it onto a new SSD I had gotten. Instantly all the problems went away. Game runs with almost no stutters and frame drops are only due to the ridiculous a mount of foliage at max settings. Even goofed around and upped my run speed by 10 times and while zooming around the map I had virtually no issues until I went flying off a ledge and splatted on the ground below.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
NSFW

people are hacking interesting variables

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dang I'm having the same stuttering isssues, thought maybe it was a bug with my r9. I only have a 120 gig ssd so not sure if I can make room for it :(

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Maybe my I7 920 is not fast enough anymore. With gtx970@ 2560x1600 I get like 20-30fps. Settings don't affect the fps, it is bad no matter what. Maybe this game requires a proper cpu?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
i have an i5 7600k and a 1070 strix and i run it just fine, don't know why you guys are having problems :shrug:

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
//edit: wrong thread

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Also gently caress goons.

If the server we were on still matters ill try to complete my wall to keep out goons.

We're better at building walls to keep terrible goons out than you are. :smuggo:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 4, 2017

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I like how so many goon characters look like Grandpa the Pict.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Is this game as lovely and grindy as Ark or does it somehow fix that aspect of that terrible game?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

lilspooky posted:

Is this game as lovely and grindy as Ark or does it somehow fix that aspect of that terrible game?

There is still kind of an XP grind to the higher levels, but honestly it's not bad. T3 buildings take an absurd amount of resources, but I think Conan really tries to push people into group play which makes things easier. (Because ultimately part of the endgame is having your own towns/little fiefdoms and attacking other nerds) I would say it's less grindy than Ark, a little moreso than Rust.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 4, 2017

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Kimsemus posted:

I'm kimsemus and I'm an Albion Online J4G hetero virgin.

I guess you have a bad/stupid sense of humor sense there was literally no reason to ban me.

Beast British
Mar 12, 2006

Help yourself to some fethers but leave my fork alone.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I guess you have a bad/stupid sense of humor sense there was literally no reason to ban me.

Like tears in the rain.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its kinda not cool to dick around with peoples stuff

if you gathered all of it, I get doing whatever with it, but a lot of other people helped gather stuff, so why dick around with it tho???

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

also i dont think kimsemus joined for albion, and even if he did, do you actually care about j4gs? lmao.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

eonwe posted:

also i dont think kimsemus joined for albion, and even if he did, do you actually care about j4gs? lmao.

As the leader of all goons yes, its my duty to care.

Also, nothing was actually moved.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well you picked a bad time to make a joke considering a bunch of poo poo was dismantled and put into a pile

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Send $10 to fuckgoons69@gmail.com for an unban. tia.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

If the server we were on still matters ill try to complete my wall to keep out goons.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

there was literally no reason to ban me.

:frogon:

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I honestly don't know why I was banned. Because I built the wall? We needed that wall.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I honestly don't know why I was banned. Because I built the wall? We needed that wall.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
wow you guys are children.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Already drama ..... Yesss..

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I said "gently caress goons" in a forum post. Then I posted a pic of me changing a sign to say I stole everything. Only nothing was missing.

BAN EM GOYS

Remind me again what forum we're on.

What is the name of it? I, personally, take video games very seriously.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I said "gently caress goons" in a forum post. Then I posted a pic of me changing a sign to say I stole everything. Only nothing was missing.

BAN EM GOYS

Remind me again what forum we're on.

What is the name of it? I, personally, take video games very seriously.

This is why our website is fuckgoons.com

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Goys???? Uhhhhh ummmmmmm

*piss rolls down leg*

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 4, 2017

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So as someone who has never played a Survival game. Bad idea to get this game?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
It's super early access but going in a good direction just hold off for a few months.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

You just need to find a nice group of people to play with. Then every game is good. Solo... I wouldn't touch this with a long stick.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fat_Cow posted:

I'm not a giant fan of the genre but this game balances the line of fun building sim and crushing mortality.
I like it and am impressed with Neo FunCom so far.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat_Cow posted:

I'd never touched one or watched anyone play one before so I went in with zero expectations and am having a blast. What does that mean for you? No idea!

There's a lot of farming and crafting so if that's not your thing probably pass.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
5 patches since launch on Feb 1st. If nothing else the devs are at least pretty responsive. If this game actually leaves EA in a year as they have planned I'll eat my shorts.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Have sex with goons. There. I said it

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ruggan posted:

Have sex with goons. There. I said it

Have you seen the average goon? Autistic grungy neckbeard describes half the badness that they are. I wouldnt touch another goon with a 20 foot dong slider dong.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

If I just want to have a chill time laughing at naked dudes and playing the game what is a good server to pick? I have been messing around solo to get a feel for the game so far but want some friends.

I also am not super big on voice chat because my husband and I are usually in the same room + we tend to have a movie going while we hang out.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

So what's happening with the goon server? Im pretty tempted to just rent a 70 slot server from survival servers. They were pretty decent in ark.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I was on a server but they reset the world because of corruption. Then it crashed twice when I was in the rear end end of nowhere in middle of mobs. I gave up on this game, I'll be back when a server can have at least a day or two of uptime and gives invul to logged out players if the server has to reboot :/

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's super early access but going in a good direction just hold off for a few months.

By a few months you meant three days right? :sweatdrop: sure hope this will run on my junkyard-level rig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Gamesguy posted:

So what's happening with the goon server? Im pretty tempted to just rent a 70 slot server from survival servers. They were pretty decent in ark.

I'll hop on it with you if you do it, I'm just kinda messing around on random ones atm.

• Locked thread