Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Aerox posted:

I have a potentially dumb question - I'm using Maria as my healer and she has Physic equipped. In the skill description it says "Heals 8HP to target and all allies within two spaces of that target."

How do I get the splash heal to proc? Every time I heal with her she just heals the main target and no one else. Is there something specific you have to do to use that ability?

Word so far seems to be that the AoE heal part of Physic just isn't working right now.

Given that Physic is usually just a single-target healing staff, I wonder if maybe the wrong effect text is displayed, but either way that AoE heal just doesn't seem to be a thing right now.

(edited in quote because I didn't realize this would go to the next page :downs:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Aerox posted:

I have a potentially dumb question - I'm using Maria as my healer and she has Physic equipped. In the skill description it says "Heals 8HP to target and all allies within two spaces of that target."

How do I get the splash heal to proc? Every time I heal with her she just heals the main target and no one else. Is there something specific you have to do to use that ability?

Physic is kind of bugged at the moment, I'm not sure anyone's gotten it to splash.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
against better judgement I pulled again and got another 5* Takumi. Do I combine like a true whale or run a Ta2mi setup

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

I'm just speculating here but it might be a mistranslation of the fact that it's a ranged heal. Either way I'm not a huge fan of physic unless they change/fix it. Making it 1/2 range would be enough.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

How much should I invest in exp gains

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Wait hinoka is bad? Should I just reroll again?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Could I get a hot take on this roll?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Just loving play the game you god drat nerds

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

ZenVulgarity posted:

How much should I invest in exp gains

Seconding this question.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lol so I downloaded this, immediately linked my Nintendo account which prevents rerolling, and then spent my initial orbs in the most inefficient way (upgraded castle twice for experience, then tried to summon characters, I only had enough orbs for three of them). Which I think means I am too old and lame for phone games.

All my guys are three stars, is there a way to upgrade them down the line? Or are you supposed to replace them eventually?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

inthesto posted:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

You got Donnel, the only cool and good character to come out of the 3DS games. So yes.

Serious answer, you have a 4+ of each weapon type and a 5 star, so you're set forever.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Seconding this question.

If you got a 5 star in your initial pull, you really don't need to pull again and should invest in exp so you level as fast/faster than the chapters.

Tender Bender posted:

Lol so I downloaded this, immediately linked my Nintendo account which prevents rerolling, and then spent my initial orbs in the most inefficient way (upgraded castle twice for experience, then tried to summon characters, I only had enough orbs for three of them). Which I think means I am too old and lame for phone games.

All my guys are three stars, is there a way to upgrade them down the line? Or are you supposed to replace them eventually?
You can upgrade them eventually, takes a tonne for my 4 star I checked, i dunno about 3->4

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

You can, looks like it's near a total reset of the character too

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

If you get a 5 star stop re rolling sheesh.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
3* to 4* promotion is 2000 feathers, 2* to 3* is 200

idk if 1* units even exist in this game

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nasgate posted:

You can upgrade them eventually, takes a tonne for my 4 star I checked, i dunno about 3->4

3 -> 4 requires 20 basic badges and 2000 feathers. So the rate is about a 3 > 4 unit every week if you do arena.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

inthesto posted:

The special maps drop 1 stars from the easy map.
Also lmao, 3->4 is about 2k and 4->5 is 20k

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

inthesto posted:

The characters you get from the easieat Special stage is 1 star.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Speaking of, is there a decent way to get feathers other than arena? I'm not gonna dismiss units unless I have repeats, and I'm at the point where I'm gonna stockpile orbs, so.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
good lord we need an op

here I'll help:

- reroll until you get a 5* that you like/is good, this takes like 3 minutes if you just go with 17 orbs
- you need a shitload of feathers and there's very few available right now. not many units actually benefit a great deal from being 5* anyway
- max your castle asap for 2x exp
- there's in-game help/instructions for 99% of what you need

also

inthesto posted:

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 4, 2017

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

inthesto posted:

They do, you can get 1*'s from the special character maps.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I got a 5 star Maria, is that good or cool? Also a 4 star dark child Raigh,

Actually, I just used them both and they're garbage.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm upgrading my castle before I do any more pulls. It's a permanent upgrade and isn't really that expensive. I believe 100% bonus XP is the max.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mordiceius posted:

I decided I was going to stick with this, so I dropped :10bux: on 20 more orbs. Got this:

I'm sufficiently happy with my starting lineup.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nasgate posted:

Also lmao, 3->4 is about 2k and 4->5 is 20k

I think 4 star is probably enough for most imo.

Like, the Lord characters have special 5 star weapons, but most units tend to simply have slightly stronger versions of their 4 star weapon as their 5 star skill, and the stat difference between 4 and 5 star allegedly isn't much.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
^ That's godlike.

Anyone wanna work on an OP with me this week?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Dr Pepper posted:

Like, the Lord characters have special 5 star weapons, but most units tend to simply have slightly stronger versions of their 4 star weapon as their 5 star skill, and the stat difference between 4 and 5 star allegedly isn't much.

Some characters have way stronger 5* versions I've heard. Roy is the most common example.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Agoat posted:

I'm upgrading my castle before I do any more pulls. It's a permanent upgrade and isn't really that expensive. I believe 100% bonus XP is the max.

It is, and your pad looks sweet as hell.

Dr Pepper posted:

I mean the last level of the weapon breaker traits are pretty strong and the passives can be pretty good. Vantage 3 is also a pretty big improvement over 2.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Only the first pull from the batch boosts the rates for 5* units. The 4-4-4-3 cost pulls don't affect it. My guess is that all 5 characters are selected immediately, so it's probably possible to packet sniff or something to find out the 5 characters before opening them (and get banned if they detect it, I'd imagine).

Only the first pull of the batch affects subsequent pull rates? So that means if you want to get 5* characters, the best way is actually to only open 1 orb from each batch? Since that means you increase your 5* rates every 5 orbs instead of 20.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Fully upgrading the castle is really expensive. Unless you plan to spend real money (and therefore have lots of guys to level up) I'd stick with +40% for 3 orbs.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

inthesto posted:

Speaking of, is there a decent way to get feathers other than arena? I'm not gonna dismiss units unless I have repeats, and I'm at the point where I'm gonna stockpile orbs, so.

You get feathers daily from greeting your friends list, one per friend. Not sure how many friends is the cap.

sassassin posted:

Fully upgrading the castle is really expensive. Unless you plan to spend real money (and therefore have lots of guys to level up) I'd stick with +40% for 3 orbs.

This game throws so many orbs at you though. I've done two five pulls and one 3 pull in addition to fully upgrading the castle without spending any money, all in two days.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

sassassin posted:

Once you start getting close to level 30, you're really going to want a fully upgraded castle. It takes over 2000 experience per level at around 33.

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
Is there any benefit to having two copies of the same unit beyond leveling both to see if one has slightly better stats? I got two Takumis and I just don't see me needing double of an archer, at least not when the rest of my lineup is pretty good. I lost a decent roll due to the error code, and Heroes has decided to make it up to me with this main account. I got Lyn and some decent fours on the first attempt after the PURGE, two takumis in a single roll later, and most recently Ryoma. My team right now is Lyn, Ryoma, Takumi, and 4 star Nino, which has served me well. As a result, I have this bonus level 1 archerbro laying around collecting dust.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
after spending some time with nox emulator i feel like anyone rerolling the regular way is just a sucker. i spent a few hours with it in the background while i do other stuff and ive thrown out several double 5 stars and a few triple 5 stars.

you can open like 6 instances of it at once and macro it so they play themselves then just check in for the rolls every once in a while.

blah blah blah play the game nerd etc. this IS the game, it's a glorified slot machine and rolls are pretty much the funnest part of the gacha experience so I may as well do a bunch now for free, babys first tactics game can wait

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

Is there any benefit to having two copies of the same unit beyond leveling both to see if one has slightly better stats? I got two Takumis and I just don't see me needing double of an archer, at least not when the rest of my lineup is pretty good. I lost a decent roll due to the error code, and Heroes has decided to make it up to me with this main account. I got Lyn and some decent fours on the first attempt after the PURGE, two takumis in a single roll later, and most recently Ryoma. My team right now is Lyn, Ryoma, Takumi, and 4 star Nino, which has served me well. As a result, I have this bonus level 1 archerbro laying around collecting dust.

Not really, feel free to either fodder it to your best unit for stats or turn them into feathers. 5* duplicates should pretty much be turned to feathers since it's a pretty hefty bonus.

There are a few units that can be really strong together (for instance, a double Hector wall), but most of the time you're doubling up on an element, which might be good or bad.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cool, thanks for the tips. What level guys should I have before doing the arena? It looks like I can't view possible opponents before spending currency... Is it matched to your level or is it just throwing everyone together?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Agoat posted:

^ That's godlike.

Anyone wanna work on an OP with me this week?

If you make a good one PM it to me and I'll edit it in and credit you

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Not really, feel free to either fodder it to your best unit for stats or turn them into feathers. 5* duplicates should pretty much be turned to feathers since it's a pretty hefty bonus.

There are a few units that can be really strong together (for instance, a double Hector wall), but most of the time you're doubling up on an element, which might be good or bad.

You can only fuse a unit with the same unit. And I believe it's only 1000 feathers for a 5* sale/send home which I wouldn't say is worth it (that's 5% of what you need for a 4*>5* promote).

If you have two Takumis this is definitely a situation where fusing really shines. I'm not sure if it's optimal to level them both up first or not though for more stats.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Cool, thanks for the tips. What level guys should I have before doing the arena? It looks like I can't view possible opponents before spending currency... Is it matched to your level or is it just throwing everyone together?

It's somewhat matched to your level, and you can pick easy medium or hard difficulty for fights. You get 3 fights a day if you don't spend currency or the items you get from quests specifically for the arena resource.
It's pretty stupid easy with all the people that are on for a while.

acumen posted:

You can only fuse a unit with the same unit. And I believe it's only 1000 feathers for a 5* sale/send home which I wouldn't say is worth it (that's 5% of what you need for a 4*>5* promote).

If you have two Takumis this is definitely a situation where fusing really shines. I'm not sure if it's optimal to level them both up first or not though for more stats.

Yeah, I'd probably level them both up just for better stats, it's easy enough to power level since the tower is half level right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

If you make a good one PM it to me and I'll edit it in and credit you

You rock, I was about to PM you. I'll have it done this week, handling a family emergency over the weekend.