Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I love my behavioral economics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Someone flew a drone over the Falcons practice yesterday...

Bill Belicheat without question :colbert:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

In an effort to save money, I went potluck style for my SB party. I still ended up prepping grilled wings and making the goon dip from GWS. Really excited!

Is the goon dip the one that's like ranch salad dressing powder cream cheese and shredded cheese? The poorest dip in the world. So gross

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Someone flew a drone over the Falcons practice yesterday...

Bill Belicheat without question :colbert:

poor dumb bastard.

FAA gonna learn that sumbitch

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how dare you people disparage Two Time Pulitzer Prize Winning Editorial Cartoonist Mike Ramirez

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

poor dumb bastard.

FAA gonna learn that sumbitch

Yeah, apparently it was "grounded" because the FAA is super strict as it is but doubly strict during the superbowl.

In my head Matt Ryan knocked it out of the sky with a perfectly thrown ball and I refuse to think otherwise!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUg9c5DpoM

Goosebumps, this is pretty well done...I cannot wait to get this game underway!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
tom brady should be drawn and quartered lol

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQGYRHTgnG0/

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Put Tom Brady on the 1 dollar bill.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

put him on the penny and then finally discontinue the penny

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do surgery to tom bradus' balls until they are very red and Bothered

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

cheesetriangles posted:

Put Aaron Rodgers on the three dollar bill.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Is the goon dip the one that's like ranch salad dressing powder cream cheese and shredded cheese? The poorest dip in the world. So gross

nah i think i saw one that was taco dip? or at least i made changes to it where it was beef on the bottom with a layer of cheese and beans above it

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

cheesetriangles posted:

Now is the time to do it, we're due for a recession, and the value of a dollar will be. . . deflated.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Grittybeard posted:

Put Aaron Rodgers on the three dollar bill.

:discourse:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BurtTalksSports/status/827952274815275009

what buzz

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

:discourse:

But yeah, I'm not too surprised. Barnwell had a live podcast episode down there and the crowd was a smattering of Patriots fans, 2 falcons fans, and a bunch of Texans / Cowboys fans.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 4, 2017

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

This has all the makings of an upset

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

cant wait for these nubian warriors to send edelman to the E.R.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The some podcast said that there are way more Patriots fans in Houston and theorized that it's because Patriots fans have experience with this kind of event and because there was a pretty decent chance of them making it to the Super Bowl planned/budgeted money for it accordingly. Additionally the BoB/Vrabel/Crennel connection might help the Patriots get local support.

https://twitter.com/Fred_Kirsch/status/827933624108478464

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Uhm the Patriots winning is not an upset?

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 4, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
He meant upset like we'll be upset because Tom Brady loving won another championship.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I mean we won't lose but these are the signs of it in the cosmos and poo poo. I'm still #notafraid #neverafaid

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I mean we won't lose but these are the signs of it in the cosmos and poo poo. I'm still #notafraid #neverafaid

Hell, same. Bird gang, bitch!

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

Additionally the BoB/Vrabel/Crennel connection might help the Patriots get local support.

Does anyone actually root this way? I mean, you kind of want to see a coach you like do well, but at the same time, if they're off your team, maybe not too well.

Surely, the more likely explanation is that there have been almost 2 decades for people to hop on the Patriots bandwagon across the country.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this super bowl is going to be quite bad. like 34-24 including a touchdown in garbage time that made it look better than it was. Lets view it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

you''re better than this

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
if people still think the Falcons offense that leads the league in play action and long bombs is boring then so be it. The last guy on this team who wasn't "boring" was Roddy White and TFF collectively didn't like him, so I don't know what people want.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pyromance posted:

Does anyone actually root this way?

The guy you replied to. He does.

dont hate the playa posted:

if people still think the Falcons offense that leads the league in play action and long bombs is boring then so be it. The last guy on this team who wasn't "boring" was Roddy White and TFF collectively didn't like him, so I don't know what people want.

I don't think people think the offense is boring, they think the personalities are boring. And with Matt Ryan being Matt Ryan and Julio Jones who really hates speaking at all in any circumstance it's kind of understandable.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 4, 2017

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ehud posted:

you''re better than this

Ban me if we don't cover :toxx:

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
But how much of that translates into actual gameplay?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

we don't need to lose more posters

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

dont hate the playa posted:

But how much of that translates into actual gameplay?

If this is directed at me none, I love watching the Falcons on the field, and pretty much the entire forum sans Pats fans and NFC South fans will be cheering your team tomorrow. It does make it decidedly less interesting to follow along during press week or whatever though.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

A bold move to make when there is no Mod.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

best we can hope for now is the pats winning by 2, and a mod changing your name to 5 RING SHRIMP right before you eat a 100k hour probation

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
hey yall I was wondering if any of yall know who is going to win tomorrow? I'm going to a friends house to watch the game and don't want to look dumb when we talk about it

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Flikken posted:

A bold move to make when there is no Mod.

ill ban myself

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

little munchkin posted:

hey yall I was wondering if any of yall know who is going to win tomorrow? I'm going to a friends house to watch the game and don't want to look dumb when we talk about it

Both teams have a pretty decent chance. If the Falcons get off to an early lead they have the ability to just keep scoring and the Pats might get stuck left behind because the Falcons D tends to get into a groove after a little while. Falcons offense is really good and spreads the ball around remarkably well even though Julio Jones gets most of the love.

Patriots are probably the favorite though, they have the better defense and seem built to control games and most of their wins come from doing just that with Brady doing nothing too risky and Blount beating up D-lines until mid-second half when they seem to start pulling away when the other team struggles to keep pace. This is exactly what I expect to happen. Pats gonna score TD first and keep a small lead on the Falcons, who can keep pace but will always feel just behind and then the Pats will pull away late.

If the game is a one score affair in the final minutes it'll probably be a "whoever has the ball last wins" sorta deal, which would be fun.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 4, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

ill ban myself

No balls, post a ban me thread in qcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
are we making final score predictions yet in this bum rear end thread?

Patriots 27 | 21 Falcons

• Locked thread