Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Meme Emulator posted:

I was thinking about if there was any conventional way to defeat Diavolo and I just cannot imagine one. Even if you come at him with overwhelming force the only way to actually kill the man would be to subject him to an attack that would continuously kill him across the entire time of KC's time skip so that even if he deleted the entire time hes still in a danger zone. Of course, Epitaph would be able to see that the 'end of the road' of the time skip is still a danger zone and would run away instead. So the attack would have to cover a gigantic area that is a circle with Diavolo at the center and covers a radius as wide as the distance Diavolo/KC can sprint during the time span of the time skip.

A saturation bombing wouldnt even be effective because King Crimson could just delete the millisecond of time where the bomb connects with the ground and trips the fuse that triggers the explosion. Youd need to lock him in a room and continously shoot him from all angles with 1 billion bullets, or something. Something inescapable and unavoidable. Poison gas would work, actually, or any kind of poison. The way I consider KC to work, even if Diavolo deleted the moment that the poison enters his body wouldnt the end result still be poison in his stomach? It just wouldnt burn his throat on the way down if the swallowing were erased, right?

e: I just realized that the one thing I can think of that would kill Diavolo is just Fugos power. Dude really was OP

I think KC could just as well erase the moment of impact of Purple Haze's baubles. Diavolo's weak point is Epitaph having to consciously be summoned to work, so if you could lethally wound him with a surprise attack he wouldn't be able to do anything about that. From the top of my head Jail House R(L)ock would be a pretty good counter, provided the effect stays while KC erases time. Its range goes above what Diavolo could cover during King Crimson's time jump and it has no prerequisite conditions so there's no need getting close first. It even can target multiple users so there's no personality shift shenanigans with Doppio and King Crimson having a complicated power ensures Diavolo will forget something while attacking. The only issue is that it literally has zero destructive power so the best it could do is put him in a deadlock, but that's where a teammate would come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Made in Heaven is another stand like The World where KC's survival is probably dependent on how the prediction of time works. If it works as though it's ~10 of predictions is as perceived personally by Diavolo, then he can probably at least not get hit by any of MiH's attacks. If, like Jotaro's time stop being shortened by MiH, Epitaph worked by showing him 11 seconds of MiH Accelerated time, it'd be useless and Pucci would probably carve him up because it'd basically show him nothing of worth.

Doesn't really help that MiH also behaves strangely during Jotaro's time-stop, so it might just fully work during King Crimson's time skipping anyway.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
I don't recall MiH affecting Jotaro's time stop at all, just that see can see in frozen time but not react like Jotaro could against Dio. Time stop would've worked against defeating MiH if Pucci didn't pull a Dio and throw knives at Jolyne to force Jotaro to save her instead of going for the kill.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Like almost every other stand in the series, KC would probably lose to Magician's Red.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I have the distinct feeling that Tusk would just straight up not give a gently caress about KC's time skip

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Made in Heaven is another stand like The World where KC's survival is probably dependent on how the prediction of time works. If it works as though it's ~10 of predictions is as perceived personally by Diavolo, then he can probably at least not get hit by any of MiH's attacks. If, like Jotaro's time stop being shortened by MiH, Epitaph worked by showing him 11 seconds of MiH Accelerated time, it'd be useless and Pucci would probably carve him up because it'd basically show him nothing of worth.

Doesn't really help that MiH also behaves strangely during Jotaro's time-stop, so it might just fully work during King Crimson's time skipping anyway.

presume a frictionless sphere

e:

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I have the distinct feeling that Tusk would just straight up not give a gently caress about KC's time skip

also this, act 4 does not give a gently caress about anything related to causality, it's only real limit is johnny's own awareness

like world over heaven and GER could stop it but they'd have to literally overwrite reality so the attack never happened to do so

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 4, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yinlock posted:

way ahead of you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

Soft & Wet is my boy, yeah.

Yinlock posted:

also this, act 4 does not give a gently caress about anything related to causality, it's only real limit is johnny's own awareness

like world over heaven and GER could stop it but they'd have to literally overwrite reality so the attack never happened to do so

I'd also assume Ball Breaker and Tusk Act 4 could nullify each other if they were opposite polarities just like how Johnny fixes it in himself.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

I was thinking about if there was any conventional way to defeat Diavolo and I just cannot imagine one. Even if you come at him with overwhelming force the only way to actually kill the man would be to subject him to an attack that would continuously kill him across the entire time of KC's time skip so that even if he deleted the entire time hes still in a danger zone. Of course, Epitaph would be able to see that the 'end of the road' of the time skip is still a danger zone and would run away instead. So the attack would have to cover a gigantic area that is a circle with Diavolo at the center and covers a radius as wide as the distance Diavolo/KC can sprint during the time span of the time skip.

A saturation bombing wouldnt even be effective because King Crimson could just delete the millisecond of time where the bomb connects with the ground and trips the fuse that triggers the explosion. Youd need to lock him in a room and continously shoot him from all angles with 1 billion bullets, or something. Something inescapable and unavoidable. Poison gas would work, actually, or any kind of poison. The way I consider KC to work, even if Diavolo deleted the moment that the poison enters his body wouldnt the end result still be poison in his stomach? It just wouldnt burn his throat on the way down if the swallowing were erased, right?

e: I just realized that the one thing I can think of that would kill Diavolo is just Fugos power. Dude really was OP

You'd need to either create an attack that's both over a wide area and persists, like Purple Haze or Weather Report, or have a weird subtle stand that doesn't attack in an obvious way. Cheap Trick would definitely get him, as its possession is not obvious within 10 seconds and Diavolo already loves going for backstabs. Sky High would also give Diavolo huge trouble as KC is reliant on his stamina and by the time he realizes a stand battle is happening, the rods are already taking a toll. But sticking to good guy stands, I also feel like S&W should be able to corner him in some shrewd way, but I can't think of exactly how.

Tusk Act 4 wins the same way GER does, by just not giving a gently caress.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Skipping time while being on fire does not change the fact that you are on loving fire.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Funky Valentine posted:

Skipping time while being on fire does not change the fact that you are on loving fire.

But does the fire skip time with you?

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Soft & Wet can probably 「P L U N D E R 」the erased time, then release it at the right time to use it against KC.

I'd like to imagine skipping time with Ball Breaker just makes the Steel Ball hit you in the face quicker.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For all the vaguely defined stuff about Soft & Wet, its very first power can steal eyesight, so if he steals Diavolo's eyesight, maybe he can't see Epitaph, so he can't anticipate anything Josuke would do and he'd get ORAORAORAORA'd sooner rather than later.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
That's a good point. He has to see the future through his hair or something right? Unless he can visualize it in his head, you'd just have to blind him or shave him bald.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The "Soft and Wet will turn into King Crimson" fan theory

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yinlock posted:

e:

The point of of Tusk Act 4's ability is you can't weasel out of it with stupid trump card Stand abilities like time stop or karma redirection, by the same logic I like to believe it would grind Giorno and his ridiculous Stand into the ground too

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I kinda thought Tusk 4 was perfect rotation = infinite energy, thus somehow allowing it to defy physics so stuff like Other World Deigo's time stop wouldn't stop it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's pretty well established the best way to deal with some ridiculously powerful stand like the World or King Crimson is to just hit them with a surprise attack before they gently caress with time. Polnareff nearly kills Dio with the jump attack, and Jonny tries to fight Diego with that as his goal but gets foiled by the shield of groupies.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

"Foolish Johnny, I can see every move you'll make in the next ten seconds. All that's left is t-"

"chumimi~in"

"fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Imagine seeing Giorno try to stop Tusk Act 4's bullet with GER, and it looks like it works so Giorno says something about cause and effect, but then Johnny stares at him and says some gibberish about how the perfect rotation is infinite, so cause and effect don't apply to it or are the same thing or whatever, and then CHUMIMI~IN!!!

Eyes of Heaven was such a letdown, it should have been all stuff like this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Gold Experience Requiem vs Tusk Act 4 would just be an infinite cycle of bullshitting each other until they both died of old age

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gold Experience Requiem vs Tusk Act 4 would just be an infinite cycle of bullshitting each other until they both died of old age

Johnny x Giorno OTP

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
So I'm all caught up on JoJo, I've read Little Jolyne, Thus spoke Kishibe Rohan, and Dead Man's Questions, are there any other one offs like that? I need my fix.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Assuming you read all the Thus Spoke one-shots and Rohan At The Lourve, there's other much smaller stories like Jolyne, Fly High with Gucci (a one off that was printed in like a women's fashion magazine) featuring Jolyne and Bruno. There's also a non JoJo related short story called Dolce and His Master that he made around the time he was working on Part 5

If you're really loving jonesing, there's Araki's pre-JoJo work like Baoh and Cool Shock B.T.

No idea if there's translations for all of these and I can't speak to any of his pre-JoJo stuff but Baoh conceptually sounds loving rad.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 5, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Raposa posted:

So I'm all caught up on JoJo, I've read Little Jolyne, Thus spoke Kishibe Rohan, and Dead Man's Questions, are there any other one offs like that? I need my fix.

Purple Haze Feedback.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Baoh is amazing and everyone should watch the Dub of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcfykg9jIZM

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Moltrey posted:

Assuming you read all the Thus Spoke one-shots and Rohan At The Lourve, there's other much smaller stories like Jolyne, Fly High with Gucci (a one off that was printed in like a women's fashion magazine) featuring Jolyne and Bruno. There's also a non JoJo related short story called Dolce and His Master that he made around the time he was working on Part 5

If you're really loving jonesing, there's Araki's pre-JoJo work like Baoh and Cool Shock B.T.

No idea if there's translations for all of these and I can't speak to any of his pre-JoJo stuff but Baoh conceptually sounds loving rad.

Bato.to only had a spanish copy of Rohan at the Louvre, I'll check out Fly High with Gucci next cause Jolyne is bad rear end. I'll save Purple Haze Feedback for my next hit, thanks yall.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raposa posted:

I forget the name of it, but there is a neat doujin about what if Dio had used the mask on Jonathan thinking it'd kill him and it's cool cause it kinda takes the concept of fate and plays around with it to show how similar things end up even with the causes being so different.

There is also the rpgmaker fangame 7th Stand User where you take a personality test and end up with one of 18 possible stands and then you get to play along the story of part 3 as a 7th person joining along with graphics based on the first three SaGa games. IMO, the best strategy for playing through it is to cheat engine your exp and money up to max and enjoy all of the writing and neat references and easter eggs and the various permutations of events based on your stand, your relationship with your allies, choices you make, etc.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

http://lanfibio.tumblr.com/post/149419718238

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gyro 1000% does not believe in relationships and jumps ship the second the person getting the nyo ho ho hints they're falling for him.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

multijoe posted:

The point of of Tusk Act 4's ability is you can't weasel out of it with stupid trump card Stand abilities like time stop or karma redirection, by the same logic I like to believe it would grind Giorno and his ridiculous Stand into the ground too

I think "rewrite reality so johnny never shot the attack" is pretty much the only way to stop it, but i don't know if GER would make the attack not exist(which probably wouldn't work) or make johnny have never used the attack

ger is weird

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ultimately i feel none of these matchups would really go anywhere because anyone can come up with a wide variety of reasons why someone SHOULD win and unlike series like dragonball z where people have literal power levels jojo is esoteric and weird in comparison

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Could Soft & Wet 「  plunder」 the infinite「  spin」 from Tusk 4 or would it just produce an endless stream of bubbles.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Raposa posted:

Bato.to only had a spanish copy of Rohan at the Louvre, I'll check out Fly High with Gucci next cause Jolyne is bad rear end. I'll save Purple Haze Feedback for my next hit, thanks yall.

Rohan at the Louvre is officially available in English and you can buy it on Amazon, like I did!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Rohan at the Louvre is officially available in English and you can buy it on Amazon, like I did!

It was out of print recently so maybe not. Worth it at any cost though.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
I bought Rohan at the Louvre on Amazon last month for about 14 bucks and it looks like it's still in stock at about the same price.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I suppose it got a reprint then, which is good and fantastic.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Mr. Funktastic posted:

I don't recall MiH affecting Jotaro's time stop at all, just that see can see in frozen time but not react like Jotaro could against Dio. Time stop would've worked against defeating MiH if Pucci didn't pull a Dio and throw knives at Jolyne to force Jotaro to save her instead of going for the kill.

Funny enough, I feel like Jotaro could've won anyways if he used Star Finger to give himself the little bit of extra reach to hit Pucci while still being in position to protect Jolyne.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jojomovie_jp/status/829087864520470528

"Huh, who's the guy in the middle supposed to bOH MY GOD KOICHI"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

It does bother me that a ton of LA japanese adaptations don't give a poo poo about hair color. Like, you guys wear wigs and dye your hair all the time??