Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dukerson
Dec 28, 2012
Enjoying this so far (got a 5* Sheena and a 5* Roy with my first two pulls, so I'm happy), a couple dumb questions:

1. Are Jeigans a thing, or does everyone pretty much have the same growth rates? (AKA: should I use Gunter?)
2. If I got a 3* and a 4* Felicia, I should just merge them ASAP, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Don't fuse units until you promote them to a point where you don't plan on promoting them further, and only with another unit of the same star-rank. Most of the time this means promoting 5* with another 5*, but if you have a character that doesn't benefit much from the 5* rank go ahead and fuse at 4* with another 4*.

Example: I have a 4* Wrys. He gains very little from his 5* rank and isn't worth the feathers. I have a second 3* Wrys. I'll be levelling the 3* Wrys to 20, promoting him to 4*, and then levelling him (again) to 20+, then fusing him with my first 4* Wrys based on who has better stats.

VVV yeah don't bother if it's not a good unit.

acumen fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 4, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
For 3-star units I'd probably prefer to turn them into feathers than go through the effort of promoting them and merging.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Trying to make Beruka work is an exercise in frustration, her speed is beyond abysmal so everything just hits her twice instantly before she can ever close in.
I guess I'm better off hoping for a Camilla if I want a flying axe user.

Is increasing the rank of the three 2 star starters/OCs a good idea?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

HGH posted:

Trying to make Beruka work is an exercise in frustration, her speed is beyond abysmal so everything just hits her twice instantly before she can ever close in.

I think Anna gets pretty good at 4 stars, but the prince/princess are mediocre.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

HGH posted:

Cherche has been alright for me, though nothing special. She's doing better than you've described Beruka as anyways

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Andrast posted:

Fire emblem would be a dead series without the waifu garbage

Oh I don't doubt you're correct. I just play the series because I love SRPGs, not so I can make animes kiss each other so I don't mind the paperthin "story" of Heroes

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't buy that Awakening sold because of "waifus". It sold well because it had a very crisp, popping artstyle that shined in its CG cutscenes (and consequently its commercials) and because it was basically the first really big game for the 3DS and finally gave people something to talk about in regards to the system.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Mr. Unlucky posted:

after spending some time with nox emulator i feel like anyone rerolling the regular way is just a sucker. i spent a few hours with it in the background while i do other stuff and ive thrown out several double 5 stars and a few triple 5 stars.

you can open like 6 instances of it at once and macro it so they play themselves then just check in for the rolls every once in a while.

blah blah blah play the game nerd etc. this IS the game, it's a glorified slot machine and rolls are pretty much the funnest part of the gacha experience so I may as well do a bunch now for free, babys first tactics game can wait

Play video games whichever way you enjoy the most, friend

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is movement something you can increase or is everyone limited to two squares?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Got a communication error on nox, uninstalled, try to reinstall and now the app's marked incompatible in the drat store. brilliant.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Armors have 1, Cavaliers have 3, everyone else has 2

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Terper posted:

I don't buy that Awakening sold because of "waifus". It sold well because it had a very crisp, popping artstyle that shined in its CG cutscenes (and consequently its commercials) and because it was basically the first really big game for the 3DS and finally gave people something to talk about in regards to the system.

Probably, but I think the reason it captured so many people's imaginations and time was because of the dating sim. The game wouldn't have generated nearly as much fan art and content if you couldn't kiss Chrom and Lucina, not to mention eugenics being a min/maxers dream, which means fewer people would have been anticipating future titles as eagerly.

My only issue with Awakening's marriage stuff is the significant lack of meganekko. C'mon Nintendo, one is hardly enough.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Tender Bender posted:

Horse units (not including flyers) are 3 squares, armors are 1 square, everyone else is 2, AFAIK

Also I forgot to post my friend code, go nuts: 2174401969

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Horse units seem to be 3 squares but can't go through trees

I got a Pegasus unit that can shove your characters one more square. Also Pegasus units fly over rivers and stuff

Marth can hop over units sort of so like, my horse unit moves, he hops over him to go one extra space, repeat

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

This thread moves fast so

Can I regen those arena swords without using that arena item

Is a 5* hero you roll and a 4* promoted unit the same unit basically? Do I need to unlock training 6 before I can promote units

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Countblanc posted:

Probably, but I think the reason it captured so many people's imaginations and time was because of the dating sim.

It was because Nintendo actually advertised it and it's the first game outside of Japan that had Casual mode on, which was the big barrier for people

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Finished the story mode on normal and hard. I hope they add more intresting content at a good clip. The area, special maps, and training are pretty dull so far and aren't that rewarding.

I also hope they adjust the feather numbers and add a way to increase your stamina.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How do I get my nintendo link bonus again?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, new goal: get Hector. (Without rerolling) I need mah boi to join the wonder twins. Also, how many chapters are in the story?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well, new goal: get Hector. (Without rerolling) I need mah boi to join the wonder twins. Also, how many chapters are in the story?

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

dukerson posted:

1. Are Jeigans a thing, or does everyone pretty much have the same growth rates? (AKA: should I use Gunter?)

I've actually been using Jagen himself, and his growths have been surprisingly decent. My only shittastic unit so far has been Raigh, who's just getting SP with maybe a Res or Def growth.

Friend code: 0967521508

My leader is a 5* Robin, and I've got a 3* Selena who's been kicking rear end and getting perfect levels.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm rerolling to try to get Camilla and at least another person that my boyfriend has heard of because he got turned off after rolling on his phone and tablet and getting people from games he hasn't played. I got one with Camilla 5* and Gunter 4* so that should be okay but I'm trying a few more times for good measure.

I want off Mr. Barst's Wild Ride

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This thread moves fast so

Can I regen those arena swords without using that arena item

Is a 5* hero you roll and a 4* promoted unit the same unit basically? Do I need to unlock training 6 before I can promote units

If you are out of Swords or Stamina Pots, you can use an Orb to refresh, but people are suggesting this is a bad use of an Orb. Couldn't say for sure myself but I'm inclined to agree until max Stamina can be increased.
(Edit: In case it's not clear, Arena charges replenish once per day)

Yes, promoted units are the same as units pulled at the higher rarity- a 4-5*, say, Jagen should be the same as a Jagen pulled as a 5* aside from whatever stat variance units are subject to. The promoted unit carries over skills and SP earned before the promotion and that appears to be it.

You need Badges to promote 1->2->3->4*s, and Greater Badges to promote 4*->5*. Greater Badges start having a chance to appear in the Sixth Stratum, yes, but it appears to be just a chance. I'm running Seventh Stratum to train my units and i'm getting maybe 1/3rd Greater Badges and 2/3rds regular Badges myself. This has been over maybe 20 runs? 20 Greater Badges to promote a 4->5*.

BattleMaster posted:

I'm rerolling to try to get Camilla and at least another person that my boyfriend has heard of because he got turned off after rolling on his phone and tablet and getting people from games he hasn't played. I got one with Camilla 5* and Gunter 4* so that should be okay but I'm trying a few more times for good measure.

I want off Mr. Barst's Wild Ride

If that were a roll on a committed account I would be steamed, but in the abstract that's hilarious. If two of them were 3*s you could say it was Cord and Bord!

ShinyDais fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 4, 2017

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
So Galeforce in Heroes is on taking an action and not killing a unit, making it strictly better than Galeforce from the 3DS games? Seems incredibly good but I think only Lyn and Cordelia have it.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Got a four star gunter who murders everyone and looks pretty cool. Also got four star Gwen and five star bow guy. The one who looks like a girl. Gwen can pretty much take levels by herself but that slow movement is annoying. Is that a pretty good start or what.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Agoat posted:

How do I get my nintendo link bonus again?

On the main castle screen, hit the fountain where you claim the achievement rewards, then hit the coin that should be glowing in the upper right. You can claim the 10 orbs from there, and they go to the mail owl thing on the main screen. And pop in there as you go through the story to claim coins when you finish each chapter if you want to get crystals and things too.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
Every time someone posts a screenshot of a roll that isn't full I die a little inside.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ShinyDais posted:

If that were a roll on a committed account I would be steamed, but in the abstract that's hilarious. If two of them were 3*s you could say it was Cord and Bord!

It wasn't all bad because the red ended up being 5* Chrom but

Tomie knows me posted:

Every time someone posts a screenshot of a roll that isn't full I die a little inside.

I mean if you're doing it on an account you're keeping sure, but if I'm rerolling for a character I'd rather just hit up as many of one colour as possible to save time. Because gently caress playing the first 3 missions each time.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Opps, Used my IGN(Raiana) for the game instead of my username, could you edit that?

Its not that bad of a game some far, story's pretty dumb though. I got pretty lucky and got Takumi and a 4* Nowi in about 3 rerolls. :woop:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there some kind of database of which skills each character can get or am I gonna have to start making one?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Healers are characters with a staff, right?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Healers are characters with a staff, right?
Yes. You get them from the gray/colorless option in the summoning area, along with bow users and shuriken users.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh god 9-2 is straight up impossible for me until I roll more characters with armor breaker and level them up :psyduck: I just tried it with my team that swept 9-1 and couldn't down a single one of the heavy knights.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Got my first 5*, Camilla, but playing the Blazing Sword chapter makes me realize I'd trade her in a heartbeat for even 3* versions of Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Can someone explain the purple attack skills thing? Is it solely based on turns? Some of my characters seem to go through the 5 points needed really fast, while other never seem to reduce their points at all?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Where do I find my friend code?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Nihilarian posted:

Where do I find my friend code?

The search icon on your friends list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Can someone explain the purple attack skills thing? Is it solely based on turns? Some of my characters seem to go through the 5 points needed really fast, while other never seem to reduce their points at all?

It's based on the number of times you attack, iirc