Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I remember this from BF3, I'm assuming it's an equally contrived and idiotic measure in this game because DICE!

I'm 340 units skilled!
I'm 385 units skilled scrub :smug:

Also, in looking my skill up, I found this on the front page of the Battlefield site. Really, DICE? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Bethesda was selling the Fallout 4 soundtrack on Vinyl. Unsurprisingly Gamestop had like 8 copies lying around.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

red19fire posted:

Press the Melee button while sprinting.

Seriously, it doesn't work.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Read 'em and weep heathens

http://imgur.com/a/eFnjz

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 4, 2017

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm 385 units skilled scrub :smug:

Also, this was on the front page of the Battlefield site. Really, DICE? :raise:

i cant wait to listen to the 2 songsi remember from this game bc they play over and over on the black loading screens tha tlast ten minutes "ghost choir" and "wailing bansheE"

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
If only there was a stats site where everyone could compare numbers...

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

is https://battlefieldtracker.com/ not considered authoritative?

edit: huh I guess the scraper does some weird stuff with data and doesn't have access to everyone's profile soooo it's not.

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 3, 2017

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

I think the old Battlefield Goons page used stats from BF4stats.com, but for some reason BF1stats.com has never come online. There's a page but all it's said for the last few months is "we're working on a BF1 site, it'll be up soon."

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'm mostly just referring to Beez deciding not to host a new page for BF1. I noticed that battlefieldtracker has a team function, maybe that would be similar.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

I'm mostly just referring to Beez deciding not to host a new page for BF1. I noticed that battlefieldtracker has a team function, maybe that would be similar.

I can't find myself and I run into a ton of things about "You never played BF4 so your profile won't load" and I'm guessing the API has been reworked or something for BF1.

Ooh negative on that it just doesn't assign my PSN Account name to the profile on the Tracker.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/Profile_1813698151

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'll try out the battlefieldtracker.com teams. Add yourself here if you want to see other goons numbers. https://battlefieldtracker.com/teams/653/lljk-somethingawful-goons

E: Or it looks like I can just add people through their profile.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 3, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
BRB changing my PSN ID to Profile_1813698151

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

"Skill" in BF is essentially a random number.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my profile is frankclub

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
sorry I was the only Sniper Team Charlie goon who didn't then go on to play BF4 jeez

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chemmy posted:

"Skill" in BF is essentially a random number.

It's definitely not, but who knows what it's derived from.

I know I have friends who are terrible and their skill value shows that. Same with the good ones.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 3, 2017

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

skill is a numberb ased on how mad you get +100 if you wait for 10 minutes or more to get a plane

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

RCarr posted:

It's definitely not, but who knows what it's derived from.

I know I have friends who are terrible and their skill value shows that. Same with the good ones.

It's a combo of score per minute, kills per minute and kill death ratio.

Score per minute is good-ish, though it's obfuscated by a few things like boosts, if you're in a high functioning squad or not, do you constantly get different medals/service stars, etc.

Kills per minute is useless, you're not a better player than someone because you're always in the artillery truck while your teammates are on foot dying in the process of blowing up enemy armor or cap hard points. K/D falls in there too.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait maybe it's JebediahMilo

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I can't find myself and I run into a ton of things about "You never played BF4 so your profile won't load" and I'm guessing the API has been reworked or something for BF1.

Ooh negative on that it just doesn't assign my PSN Account name to the profile on the Tracker.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/Profile_1813698151

How do you find your profile if you can't look up your console account?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Chemmy posted:

Kills per minute is useless, you're not a better player than someone because you're always in the artillery truck while your teammates are on foot dying in the process of blowing up enemy armor or cap hard points. K/D falls in there too.

Actually I am :henget:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I'm apparently 305.75 on skill, whatever that means.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ps4 goons let's play. If nobody is playing maybe I'll play with the tf2 dudes.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Auxiliary Treats posted:

the man is already residing in a louisville mental hospital as a direct result of you cockshakes

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Dinosaurs! posted:

How do you find your profile if you can't look up your console account?

I followed the directions!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm sure glad I downloaded an app to confirm I'm indeed bad. (170 something or another, who cares)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Line of sight is so relentlessly insane. Every single fire scout rifle is a one hit kill except if you hit someone the second they spawn. Also, did they nerf the martini at all?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
sorry I have the flu dont feel like talking much

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
This game is incredibly frustrating coming from destiny. I've been trying conquest, and it's very tough to accomplish anything when NO ONE plays the objective. I always end up being the squad leader because i'm always spamming request orders, and when i am the leader, everyone just goes and does their own thing.

Not to mention the instant death after almost every spawn, and that seeing a tank is also instant death. I can't figure out how to do more than 6 damage to one with a grenade. If try to post up with the assault cannon thing, i get one shotted from across the map by a sniper.

I see the krew guys wanting to play on here sometimes, how do i become a part of that? because i'm ready to snap the disc out of frustration

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

In game footage of me parachuting down from my airplane with a sawed off to join goon squad where the party at

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Floofy posted:

I see the krew guys wanting to play on here sometimes, how do i become a part of that? because i'm ready to snap the disc out of frustration

Invite "Typhoon BlastN7" he'll get you into the squad.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
PSN goons, add me up if you want to game: breastler

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Chemmy posted:

Invite "Typhoon BlastN7" he'll get you into the squad.

forgot to mention i'm on ps4. Is this still applicable?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
CheddaBay13 if you on Xbox

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Floofy posted:

No, but find the Battlegoons community and join it, then hop into public parties!

Or add Gunshow_Poophole but I'm not around much till next week.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Floofy posted:

Got a squad going right now, add Backup_Snacks on PSN.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

It was good playing with a few of the xbone crew earlier. We played well but seemed to lose with a pretty close score. I didn't feel like I played too well, so sorry if I sucked a bit :V

Also apologies for sounding like a sex pest - my girlfriend had gone to bed so I was talking quietly to not disturb her

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/26608323

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/26608455

silly horses always running into my tank grenades

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Floofy posted:

This game is incredibly frustrating coming from destiny. I've been trying conquest, and it's very tough to accomplish anything when NO ONE plays the objective. I always end up being the squad leader because i'm always spamming request orders, and when i am the leader, everyone just goes and does their own thing.

Not to mention the instant death after almost every spawn, and that seeing a tank is also instant death. I can't figure out how to do more than 6 damage to one with a grenade. If try to post up with the assault cannon thing, i get one shotted from across the map by a sniper.

If you play this game like Destiny you are hosed. I like the "realism" in BF1 but it gets frustrating how NOBODY plays a medic well. I've made it to 40 without partying up and it's getting ridiculous how twitchy PvP is getting.

My best weapon is the gas grenade. I'm a big deal.

Does anyone who was part of the Xbox 360 BF3 crew still play? My memory fails me when I look at my friends list due to constantly shifting names and avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Does anyone who was part of the Xbox 360 BF3 crew still play? My memory fails me when I look at my friends list due to constantly shifting names and avatars.

I still play but I switched to PlayStation for this generation after hearing about how adorable Auxillary Treats dog was. Couldn't resist hearing that little pups barks in the party chat.