Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Ok, thanks everyone. Doesn't really seem worth it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Once you have enough cosmic 60s you can say hitler in chat

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
It was more useful in the past since it reset all the story quest rewards, so you could get extra copies of the drop/xp boost potions and the like.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Gaussian posted:

This man gets it.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
prestiging is also more or less the only thing to do in MH at the moment

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Gaussian posted:

Takes like 20 minutes to do a regular prestige with a few boosts, so like an hour for a free costume.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Some of those costumes can cost upwards of $15. A worthy payment for an hour of work.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Gaussian posted:

check your white privilege you facist. how can you say such abominable things about names of color.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Erdricks posted:

check your white privilege you facist. how can you say such abominable things about names of color.

:frogout:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Welp, I take back what I said before, game's actually p. fun again. Just had to figure out a few playable heroes.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Lozareth posted:

Welp, I take back what I said before, game's actually p. fun again. Just had to figure out a few playable heroes.

what is there to play tho

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg

Lozareth posted:

are there any good X-Men?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gaussian posted:

when you have enough characters at 60, you get an xp boost that caps out at 200%. i can take a character from 1-60 in about an hour, if i am playing efficiently the whole time. i really really enjoy leveling characters, so getting everyone to red 60 is how i play the game.

until the item update and difficulty update parts of THE BIGGEST UPDATE EVER come, there is very little reason to do the "endgame" stuff, so prestiging characters is where its at.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Well, this patch dropped cosmic artis and a whole mess of new endgame artifacts, so along with getting perfect catalysts is a really good reason to do max level content if you don't care about prestige colors/leveling

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if you're already doing the hardest content in the game successfully to get those items, what is the point of getting them?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Bigger red numbers

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Why does it feel like Taskmaster has a thousand different build options and none of them are good

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Is there any other character with constant red numbers as good as Mr F right now? i need to spice up my routine (i used to be able to play juggernaut/doom/switch in between dad sessions and now all i can really play is him)

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Gaussian posted:

I don't think this is the game for you

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Dosvidanya posted:

Is there any other character with constant red numbers as good as Mr F right now? i need to spice up my routine (i used to be able to play juggernaut/doom/switch in between dad sessions and now all i can really play is him)

Idk maybe rouge? How's she after the patch?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dosvidanya posted:

Hulk (Pummel/Smash) and Nightcrawler (swords/Frenzy) are both running brutal builds right now.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Mr. Whale posted:

Idk maybe rouge? How's she after the patch?

She's pretty good but she's not nothing but red numbers good. Super tanky though.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

Hulk (Pummel/Smash) and Nightcrawler (swords/Frenzy) are both running brutal builds right now.
As are Star-Lord (Elemental Blast + Plasma Ammo) and Green Goblin (Midtown Signet spam/Movement)!

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 4, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cams posted:

if you're already doing the hardest content in the game successfully to get those items, what is the point of getting them?

Did you not see the two dots to the right of the yellow one? Most of the cosmic affixes are defensive in nature anyway (with an easier time getting what would be high rolls of the base arti), so they basically just reward you for going full glass cannon by tempering your glass slightly.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

AzraelNewtype posted:

Did you not see the two dots to the right of the yellow one? Most of the cosmic affixes are defensive in nature anyway (with an easier time getting what would be high rolls of the base arti), so they basically just reward you for going full glass cannon by tempering your glass slightly.
can you click in those dots to the righy of cosmic yet? cause i didn't think you could yet

the rest of the post does not seem connected to mine so i'm unsure aboit what's going on there

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Applying challenge bonuses to your gear is going to have more of an effect on your ability to do those extra dots than shaving a few seconds off your sig or ult.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Applying challenge bonuses to your gear is going to have more of an effect on your ability to do those extra dots than shaving a few seconds off your sig or ult.

Yeah, but those are the worthless cosmic bonuses. The others are pretty significant defensive boosts or +1 to all stats.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

well if current cosmic difficulty and gaz's history of releasing new difficulties is anything to go by, the Omega difficulties will have mobs making GBS threads out a ton of damage and there's no invulnerability core to fall back on

so you'll likely want a full set of cosmic artifacts (def+dodge+deflect+hp/medkit) and good effects on your catalyst (25% heal, 3s invis, 5000hp heal for radio heroes, 20% 15s invis for mystic heroes)

all of that can be farmed up now so you're ready to go when the new difficulties drop, if that's something you want to start doing day 1

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

well if current cosmic difficulty and gaz's history of releasing new difficulties is anything to go by, the Omega difficulties will have mobs making GBS threads out a ton of damage and there's no invulnerability core to fall back on

so you'll likely want a full set of cosmic artifacts (def+dodge+deflect+hp/medkit) and good effects on your catalyst (25% heal, 3s invis, 5000hp heal for radio heroes, 20% 15s invis for mystic heroes)

all of that can be farmed up now so you're ready to go when the new difficulties drop, if that's something you want to start doing day 1
true. tbh i expect item update to be fully released by the time they're putting out the difficulty update, so i'll wait for that before i spend a bunch of time grinding for stuff.

but if that is the part of the game you enjoy the most, i reccomend doing that!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gaussian posted:

Doesn't really seem worth it!

I wish I still had the game installed so I could kick you for heretical thinking

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
Played this game shitloads, but gradually got burned out and stopped playing around when Blade came out. I tried to play again a couple times but always got turned off again by all the redundant game modes.

Have they improved the end game at all? I think I ran the Sentinel raid once and never bothered again since it was so boring.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Currently the end game is running around CMM, once they fix Hightown, it will be running around Cosmic Hightown and CMM. They didn't really add in any new content in 2.0, but they kinda changed chapters 2, 3, 5, and 6 to be super linear.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
What's the deal with the sif/rif changes they are doing? should i be using my massive stockpile of bad decisions before they do it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There's no changes. They've phased out the buffs and aren't offering them anymore, but they still function exactly the same.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I have been casually popipng in on various MH streams for giveaways and this one guy is so far two days outta two on literally crying after receiving modest donations. It's like some bizarro camgirl thing where the people donate money to watch him cry.

I'm not sure a chance at a press pack is worth exposing myself to this.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Scoss posted:

I have been casually popipng in on various MH streams for giveaways and this one guy is so far two days outta two on literally crying after receiving modest donations. It's like some bizarro camgirl thing where the people donate money to watch him cry.

I'm watching the same one, I think - he likes starting the giveaway, then getting distracted by skimpy costumes ingame or the chat or whatever and taking like 5 minutes to resolve it. I can't play the game and stream the twitch at the same time - just let me know if I won so I can move on!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Scoss posted:

Jesus Christ that sounds arousing

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Jayme posted:

I'm watching the same one, I think - he likes starting the giveaway, then getting distracted by skimpy costumes ingame or the chat or whatever and taking like 5 minutes to resolve it. I can't play the game and stream the twitch at the same time - just let me know if I won so I can move on!

He's pretty bad at streaming. I had it up for an hour and he never made it out of a hub, he ran a couple giveaways from chat people and he took like 10+ minutes on each one.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Scoss posted:

I gave up after some sort of giveaway where I guessed some random thing correctly but didn't get poo poo because someone else apparently guessed the same in the flood of chat. I had it on mute anyway since I couldn't stand actually listening to the poo poo you described, so no point in it after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Streamers are good and cool.