Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Can someone explain the purple attack skills thing? Is it solely based on turns? Some of my characters seem to go through the 5 points needed really fast, while other never seem to reduce their points at all?

It's based on actions / how many times you attack

E: if anybody is filling their friends list, my code is 5585893678

Noonsaliwah fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Can someone explain the purple attack skills thing? Is it solely based on turns? Some of my characters seem to go through the 5 points needed really fast, while other never seem to reduce their points at all?

It goes down one whenever your unit attacks an enemy, or gets attacked by an enemy. I think using defensive abilities like healing might make it go down, too?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Tiki's last two level ups were a perfect gain and a perfect gain except def. Here's hoping the last 10 level ups keep the stats coming, especially HP because holy poo poo she's a frail dragon.

In the rare occasion I can get her special attack charged up there's almost never multiple enemies to use it on. :saddowns:

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Seconding this question.

I went up to 80% but probably should've gone to 100% instead of wasting orbs pulling more garbage/dupe units I won't ever use.

Darth Windu posted:

Got a four star gunter who murders everyone and looks pretty cool. Also got four star Gwen and five star bow guy. The one who looks like a girl. Gwen can pretty much take levels by herself but that slow movement is annoying. Is that a pretty good start or what.

The bow user is tatsumi or w/e? If so then keep it, you're good to go and murder.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Actions taken. Double attacks make it count down faster, for example.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Oh god 9-2 is straight up impossible for me until I roll more characters with armor breaker and level them up :psyduck: I just tried it with my team that swept 9-1 and couldn't down a single one of the heavy knights.

9-2 is basically a "Don't bother unless you have mages of the right colour or a 5* hero whose hard enough to just laugh at subtypes altogether" map. (I mostly got through it by healing and kiting with Lucina, who doesn't have armourpiercing but is hard as gently caress.)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've never really played a Fire Emblem before, are the stats that get leveled up each level random or can I influence it somehow?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Modus Pwnens posted:

This just baffles me. I would strongly consider putting in money but the orbs are so overpriced it's ridiculous.

I know this is from like 6 pages back but yeah. To even get 1 full pull I need to pay 13 bux or whatever? gently caress, dude.

When I play mobile games, if I like it, I usually buy at least once to show that I like whatever they're doing but holy hell. It just doesn't feel like enough value knowing that I'll pull 5 3* units and they'll all be crap.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

9-2 is basically a "Don't bother unless you have mages of the right colour or a 5* hero whose hard enough to just laugh at subtypes altogether" map. (I mostly got through it by healing and kiting with Lucina, who doesn't have armourpiercing but is hard as gently caress.)

You don't need mages of the right color; I just healed through it while tanking with a 4* Gunter. Also with mages of the wrong color. And a 5* healer I guess.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 4, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
My friend code is 1401277073, if anygoon wants to be friends with a 5* Lucina.

Is there a spreadsheet anywhere for Goon codes for this game?

Also, what is the benefit of facing friends I this game, exactly?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You get like five feathers for visiting friends, that's it I think.

For reference you need 2000 feathers to upgrade a 3★ character to a 4★ one and 20,000 feathers to go from 4★ to 5★

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I got my first 5 star unit and the difference between them and even 4 star people is kinda crazy. Or maybe Falchion is just extremely good even discounting Lucina being 5 stars. I'm still making my way through the story decently well with a bunch of 2 star units though so she just seems really overpowered. But I guess Hard and Lunatic might change that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I just know I'll be rerolling again (and again and again) when they release characters from the games I actually played...

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

BambooEarpick posted:

I know this is from like 6 pages back but yeah. To even get 1 full pull I need to pay 13 bux or whatever? gently caress, dude.

When I play mobile games, if I like it, I usually buy at least once to show that I like whatever they're doing but holy hell. It just doesn't feel like enough value knowing that I'll pull 5 3* units and they'll all be crap.
Not only that, the stamina recharges are also worth 2$ each, and half-way through the story, i.e. 6 hours or so in, missions already cost 6-7 Stamina. I expect at the far end you can play 2-3 missions per Stamina bar and then it is "wait 4 hours or buck up 2$".

While the gameplay is hilariously well polished for a phone game, the cash grab could only barely be any more abusive.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tae posted:

It's based on the number of times you attack, iirc
I think taking hits also decreases the counter

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I got my first 5 star unit and the difference between them and even 4 star people is kinda crazy. Or maybe Falchion is just extremely good even discounting Lucina being 5 stars. I'm still making my way through the story decently well with a bunch of 2 star units though so she just seems really overpowered. But I guess Hard and Lunatic might change that.

The good weapons make all the difference, especially at low levels.

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

I think taking hits also decreases the counter

Yeah, it does. That and Killer weapons reduce the counter max by 1.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The missions have a little star icon next to them which presumably represents the star level they're balanced around. You don't start seeing gold star missions until the final two missions on Hard.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Rerolling for forever and managed to get two 5-star Takumis. Errr should I run both? Or is it better to spread team variety?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Beat Normal Mode and enjoyed how polished the art and animation was but I think I'm gonna lay this game down. Game feels bit too rapacious with a dearth of content which I guess is relatively common in JP cell phone games.

Only 3 Arena a day (without spending) and requiring almost 3-4 weeks of waiting for a single 4*->5* upgrade (if you don't spend).
Only way to get a natural 5* is to whale the gacha and from looking at some of the high arena teams its just army of Nat 5*s (just bunch of Takumi and Hectors)

Also, there really is no real way to get Orbs other than breaking out the CC.

So after beating Story mode once things you are limited to are leveling units that you can't rank up for weeks anyways???

But had lot of fun running the normal story mode once, with Camilla running a train through everyone and the Art production was fantastic.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 4, 2017

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Do the Friend Code requests have to be cleared out before adding more than 50? I'm going through the FE: Heroes Goon list and goddamn, y'all. That's a lotta names.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

fadam posted:

I've never really played a Fire Emblem before, are the stats that get leveled up each level random or can I influence it somehow?

In past fire emblems each stat had its own chance to get rolled but there were items you could have a unit hold to increase certain stat's chance to improve. There were also usable items that would just increase a characters stats.

As for this game, no clue.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tomie knows me posted:

Every time someone posts a screenshot of a roll that isn't full I die a little inside.

Why?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

BambooEarpick posted:

Most gacha games will give you at least the second highest rarity for buying multiple characters. Weird that this game doesn't. I guess they thought the discount per summon was good enough?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I decided to make a spreadsheet to dump each character's skills in as I find them, it's really bad and lovely and only has a couple dozen dudes but it is open for editing so other people can add the ones they have. It'll be useful for teambuilding I guess, also for determining which character(s) you want to try rolling for.

Anyone who is good at making spreadsheets look pretty and/or presentable please feel free to take a crack at it too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SgmqdmU0P9gGfcnyZBo1R2sqff-pNSYi5CnHITdTbjo/edit?usp=sharing

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

its not optimal!!!

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna are pretty decent as 3*. They really should've started out at that point especially considering how easy it is to get other 3*s right off the bat.

Alfonse is a boring glass cannon but I can see Anna and Sharena tiering fairly high at 5*.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Anna seems ridiculously squishy compared to other axe dudes I've seen, but I didn't use her too much.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Anna is a speedster with decent resistance. She's there to double lancers and blue.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

The missions have a little star icon next to them which presumably represents the star level they're balanced around. You don't start seeing gold star missions until the final two missions on Hard.

Oh that's pretty useful. I somehow never noticed that.

acumen posted:

Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna are pretty decent as 3*. They really should've started out at that point especially considering how easy it is to get other 3*s right off the bat.

Alfonse is a boring glass cannon but I can see Anna and Sharena tiering fairly high at 5*.

I'm still using Sharena and Anna in one of my parties while they're still 2* and they're doing alright honestly, Sharena especially seems pretty decent. If I had any badges i'd probably have made them 3* by now though.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

sharrrk posted:

its not optimal!!!

Spending orbs to grab grey characters when you've already got several 5* grey characters isn’t optimal either

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

In my opinion it's just not worth doing those 3 missions after the tutorial when you are rerolling. Too time consuming.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Zotix posted:

In my opinion it's just not worth doing those 3 missions after the tutorial when you are rerolling. Too time consuming.

You can just auto battle?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Kegslayer posted:

You can just auto battle?

I can just reroll a new account and be at another 4 summons in 60s. It's faster to reroll accounts for 4 summons in 60s than automate a whole extra 3 levels for 5 summons.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Done about 3 pulls of 5 characters each, only pulled 3-4 stars... No 5 star whatsoever.

I don't really care much to reset though, I find the game enjoyable nonetheless. :)

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm not 100% decided if it's due to Camilla's bad matchups but pushing through lunatic 7 story has made her, as my only equal-level 4* star unit, pale in comparison to my 3 other 5* units. She feels pretty much worthless, actually.

Roy and Nowi also feel the same at 4* but they are a bit underlevelled as well.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I managed to save up enough orbs to pull a second group of five heroes and the result was: gently caress gacha

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Finally got Camilla. Now I can actually play the game and go on a murder journey with kind nee-chan.

If it didn't start spitting out connection errors the moment I clicked the battles menu, that is.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

I decided to make a spreadsheet to dump each character's skills in as I find them, it's really bad and lovely and only has a couple dozen dudes but it is open for editing so other people can add the ones they have. It'll be useful for teambuilding I guess, also for determining which character(s) you want to try rolling for.

Anyone who is good at making spreadsheets look pretty and/or presentable please feel free to take a crack at it too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SgmqdmU0P9gGfcnyZBo1R2sqff-pNSYi5CnHITdTbjo/edit?usp=sharing

I appreciate the idea of the spreadsheet, but is there a plan to list what the skills actually do, or is it always going to be just their names?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

The Shortest Path posted:

I added like a dozen characters (the ones I had) and made it so they were sorted by weapon type, then name in alphabetical order.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I just started this game so this may be a dumb question, but I think I don't get one of the basic premises of the game. I've been playing thru the story with the 4 dudes they give you and it's been fine.

I spent some orbs and got some 5 star dudes (one even had a movie scene) that are presumably better.... but they're all level 1. Is the idea my 4 dudes at the start will eventually become too weak and I'll need to grind up the powerful level 1 dudes to keep going?

edit: ok ran my 5 star lv 1s hector, takumi, and caeda into a training mission and they already do a poo poo ton of damage, so I'm assuming the game gets hard enough you need them.

ultrachrist fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also, for anyone editing the spreadsheet, keep in mind that you can look at skills you don't have access to by checking their skill list on their status page, as opposed to the Learn Skill menu. So you can see what someone will gain at higher * ranks. I noticed a couple places where someone stopped at level 2 of a skill with 3 levels, and looking at the wrong screen is the only reason I can think of for why.