Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Anyone happen to try the game in co-op with just two players instead of four? Do the AI partners get in the way much? Are they annoying to control?

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

kuroiXiru posted:

Anyone happen to try the game in co-op with just two players instead of four? Do the AI partners get in the way much? Are they annoying to control?

When I started a game and invited my 2 friends, all 3 AI disappeared when one joined. Don't know if you could summon them in though.

Anyone need PC invites? I think I have two left.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

kuroiXiru posted:

Adding any other player to the game gets rid of the AI for your squad. The game is definitely manageable with 2 players.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I requested to join the earlier mentioned Task Force at this URL:

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/3275/JEFF-K-IS-OSCAR-MIKE

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Sextro posted:

I requested to join the earlier mentioned Task Force at this URL:

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/3275/JEFF-K-IS-OSCAR-MIKE

It's not showing me any applications for the task force. Probably faster to just friend me and I'll send you an invite. Uplay name is same as here.

Weird, nm, figured out this goofy dumb website.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

This worked for a bit, at least a few minutes... eventually the textures stopped loading and then I drove straight through the world and began falling into the abyss. Second time I tried, a minute into the forbidden areas the death countdown restarted. Couldn't get far enough into the world to see anything dramatically different like desert or snow.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Played the beta with two buddies last night and had a blast. Yeah it was pretty drat easy and I can see it being kinda simplistic but man was it just dumb as hell in a good way. We were constantly jacking vehicles and blowing poo poo up and flying everywhere.

The negatives I took away were:
1) Performance is all over the place. FPS ranged from 20-60 and turning settings down from High to Medium barely made a difference.
2) Helicopter controls are loving terrible and it's nearly impossible to use the guns on it

I'm getting a strong Mercenaries vibe from the game though which is fine by me! I know it won't be as open as that game though sadly.

e: also tagging supplies in co-op should count for everyone

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I better not have to collect any loving feathers.

Dkennedys8
May 16, 2005
Don't read this!
Anyone out there have some (2) Xbone invites to spare?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, me and my buddy had a heck of a time with this for a few hours last night.

Ran into a few bugs, but they were loving hilarious and I'm glad that they happened.(plane spazzing the gently caress out when I get inside of it as my buddy follows behind and immediately runs away from it, getting used to the pants on head retarded helicopter controls... resulting in losing the top of the rotor and crash landing, creepy dead people in vehicles that follow you with an erratic stop motion esque movement, and the wacky vehicle physics)

The shooting is mostly satisfying, it's kind of silly how there's bullet drop for very short distances and it does feel like I'm shooting paintballs at times but stuff gets shot up nicely and mooks go down satisfyingly so I can overlook that.

Missions are totally repetitive but the fun will be in finding different ways to approach them much like MGS5, I honestly hope there's more missions where we have to throw someone in a heli and evacuate them some place else but I'm a sadist that kind of loves that type of mission in open world games.

Weapon and skill variety is nice... but I'm mildly alarmed at the lack of revolvers! I hope they get added at some point. :ohdear:
Love the drone, it's cool that it has a battery and a range limit so we can't fully abuse it like in Watch Dogs 2.
Enemy AI is mostly... ok? It's fun to gently caress with them at any rate and it's nice that stealth is an option... we've taken down entire camps without alerting anyone and that was pretty satisfying.
Guns blazing is a viable option too but can lead to the headache of dealing with endless reinforcements.
Vehicles are honestly still terrible but once you realize that they can take a beating... sticking to roads becomes a hindrance more than anything and I'm not sure if I care or not anymore!
Game's for the most part quite pretty save for character models too, love the little touches things have like rain sounding different on the various materials and the lightning strikes and foliage being affected by helicopters and stuff like that.

On the whole, this scratches my open world playground rear end in a top hat simulator itch... and it has campaign co-op to boot which is my big selling point.
I already preordered this sucker, I can see myself getting 60 hours or more out of it!

Creepy dead guy in car whose head followed you around.

Downed helicopter that we saw rebels shooting at... upon closer inspection... everyone was still alive in it?!

Hand gun.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 4, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silenced revolvers would be pretty cool. I'll disagree about vehicles though, heck with their durability - it's an outright slog to go from point A from point on a gigantic map with complex terrain, when you wheeled brick behaves like a hockey puck.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Deakul posted:

On the whole, this scratches my rear end in a top hat itch...

:yeah:

Also, those screenshots are courtesy of me and my Venom Snake model

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Deakul posted:

So, me and my buddy had a heck of a time with this for a few hours last night.

Ran into a few bugs, but they were loving hilarious and I'm glad that they happened.(plane spazzing the gently caress out when I get inside of it as my buddy follows behind and immediately runs away from it, getting used to the pants on head retarded helicopter controls... resulting in losing the top of the rotor and crash landing, creepy dead people in vehicles that follow you with an erratic stop motion esque movement, and the wacky vehicle physics)

The shooting is mostly satisfying, it's kind of silly how there's bullet drop for very short distances and it does feel like I'm shooting paintballs at times but stuff gets shot up nicely and mooks go down satisfyingly so I can overlook that.

Missions are totally repetitive but the fun will be in finding different ways to approach them much like MGS5, I honestly hope there's more missions where we have to throw someone in a heli and evacuate them some place else but I'm a sadist that kind of loves that type of mission in open world games.

Weapon and skill variety is nice... but I'm mildly alarmed at the lack of revolvers! I hope they get added at some point. :ohdear:
Love the drone, it's cool that it has a battery and a range limit so we can't fully abuse it like in Watch Dogs 2.
Enemy AI is mostly... ok? It's fun to gently caress with them at any rate and it's nice that stealth is an option... we've taken down entire camps without alerting anyone and that was pretty satisfying.
Guns blazing is a viable option too but can lead to the headache of dealing with endless reinforcements.
Vehicles are honestly still terrible but once you realize that they can take a beating... sticking to roads becomes a hindrance more than anything and I'm not sure if I care or not anymore!
Game's for the most part quite pretty save for character models too, love the little touches things have like rain sounding different on the various materials and the lightning strikes and foliage being affected by helicopters and stuff like that.

On the whole, this scratches my open world playground rear end in a top hat simulator itch... and it has campaign co-op to boot which is my big selling point.
I already preordered this sucker, I can see myself getting 60 hours or more out of it!

Creepy dead guy in car whose head followed you around.

Downed helicopter that we saw rebels shooting at... upon closer inspection... everyone was still alive in it?!

Hand gun.

same. it feels like a mix of mercs 1 and MGS 5. which is a good thing. still need to co-op with people.

Great Enoch
Mar 23, 2011
Has anybody had an issue with 2 factor authentication being activated on uPlay without permission? A brief glance at the forums seems to indicate this was an issue but I'm trying to figure out if I had my account compromised in some way or if somebody at Ubisoft fat-fingered something.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Not 2FA, but their overall account system is a loving mess. I of course didn't remember my Ubi password because console scum :smug: so I tried to reset it. Four times. And every time it accepted the new password and then immediately locked me out when I tried to sign in. I had to call someone on the phone to make it work :psyduck:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Resonance22 posted:

When I started a game and invited my 2 friends, all 3 AI disappeared when one joined. Don't know if you could summon them in though.

blackguy32 posted:

Adding any other player to the game gets rid of the AI for your squad. The game is definitely manageable with 2 players.

Excellent, thanks. Gonna keep my eye on this game.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Anyone want to invite me to the Xbox beta? GT: Iscariote

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Does this game require significantly higher specs than its recommended system requirements state? Running a GTX970 and an i5-4670 and it chugs at high settings with frequent hangs and framerate drops.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Kaincypher posted:

so how are the upgrades/skills handled? Someone mentioned it being like Mercenaries (one of my all time favs). Do you get cash for killing baddies and/or blowing stuff up to purchase new gear, or is it more like Far Cry where you unlock stuff via challenges?

You don't get cash for blowing poo poo up, but killing baddies nets you XP. Plus bonus XP for headshots and being undetected. Get enough XP, rank up, spend skill points and resources like food, comms equipment, gasoline, etc to buy skills.

What's neat is you can hack some computers or talk to NPCs or find little documents that'll put little medals on your map. Medals are skill points. Go get them!

I picked one up last night and my character was all "There's a cocoa leaf on this one... that's kinda cool..."

She's crossing over to the other side oh no :ohdear:

Edit:

Yodzilla posted:

e: also tagging supplies in co-op should count for everyone

No poo poo :argh:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I've been waiting for a game like this since Delta Force Land Warrior, which must have been fifteen years ago, so I'm very happy with the "running around shooting mooks from afar" gameplay on show here. Shot a guy from 630m away earlier, which felt amazing. :synpa:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I really love the bullet drop on sniper rifles, it reminds me of Steel Battalion. 499m is my longest shot so far and it was very satisfying.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
It would be really cool to have a two man team with a great sniper rifle and scope, and the other has a rangefinder. You could both lie down on a hilltop and murder from afar.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Anyone else getting the fun glitch where the audio clip about revenge being kept tidy played over and over, or is it just me? I even restarted my game to fix a different glitch and it's still happening.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I can't check right now but: Is there a VSS Vintorez in the sniper rifle/weapon list?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Morter posted:

I can't check right now but: Is there a VSS Vintorez in the sniper rifle/weapon list?
No, the only ex-Soviet sniper rifle available is Dragunov.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I love the Tom Clancy games to death but I can't believe how lovely this game is. It plays like a mid-budget shooter from 10 years ago.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Faction-warfare AI is real bad, though the heck with it. Having almost finished the beta content, I would love to take the entire loving dev team outside of the office, and make a walk to the closest wire fence. They better fix indes-loving-tructable bulletproof wire fences before the launch.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Faction-warfare AI is real bad, though the heck with it. Having almost finished the beta content, I would love to take the entire loving dev team outside of the office, and make a walk to the closest wire fence. They better fix indes-loving-tructable bulletproof wire fences before the launch.

i only saw one faction battle and it looked like something from half life 2, but then again i have rarely seen inter faction warfare work well outside RTS.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i only saw one faction battle and it looked like something from half life 2, but then again i have rarely seen inter faction warfare work well outside RTS.
The one I observed had 8 rebel minigun trucks drive into cartel camp and just stand there, exiting and entering vehicles continuously. Combat did begin only after I snuck into the camp to release a captive rebel.

Also holy gently caress, soccer gate net is also bulletproof and indestructible.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Right? Just seems like if you have c4, grenades, mines, grenade launchers, mortears, and who knows what else, you could make a hole in a chain link fence. Or hell, can one of the upgrades be a Leatherman?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I regret not getting screenshots, but a group of pubbies and I wanted to try and stop a convoy from crossing over the border so we set up a barricade of about 20 hijacked cars all piled haphazardly together on the freeway. I swear it looked straight out of a zombie apocalypse movie. Then someone tossed a few explosives in there and set off a GTA style chain reaction of explosions, completely clearing out the barricade.

Also, C-4 doesn't feel that great for me, I detonated one under a convoy Humvee as it drove by but they kept on trucking on.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I finished all the content , and man I'm really disappointed over all

The gun play is pretty bad , like shooting bb guns or paintballs. The customization doesn't even change that for me .. super meh

Sounds are bad , explosions right in front of me sound like they're a mile away

The vehicle handling is poo poo, why does the heli always try to force itself into auto hover.

The 3rd person view is annoying because your character is always in your way, should be zoomed out a bit if anything

I'd totally refund my pre order if there was a way

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
There is a third-person FOV slider which might help with one of those problems.

but yeah I wonder how old this code fork is, because it's really rough. Controls, menus, gunplay, all of it. Oddly unoptimized, too. The idea of multiplayer Mercs/Far Cry sure sounds fine, and they did a great job modeling the worldspace, but actually inhabiting it? Ehhhh. Eh.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I think you can cancel preorders directly in Uplay, and just contact their support about it anyway.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Disappointing, was looking forward to this one :(

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

Disappointing, was looking forward to this one :(

What are your main issues having played the beta?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I gotta admit I'm underwhelmed. I'd buy it for $20. Not for $60.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

I gotta admit I'm underwhelmed. I'd buy it for $20. Not for $60.

I have a feeling the price will come down rapidly. Maybe not as fast as Evolve did, but I don't see this selling extremely well at $60.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tamayachi posted:

I regret not getting screenshots, but a group of pubbies and I wanted to try and stop a convoy from crossing over the border so we set up a barricade of about 20 hijacked cars all piled haphazardly together on the freeway. I swear it looked straight out of a zombie apocalypse movie. Then someone tossed a few explosives in there and set off a GTA style chain reaction of explosions, completely clearing out the barricade.

Also, C-4 doesn't feel that great for me, I detonated one under a convoy Humvee as it drove by but they kept on trucking on.

i just loving rode up with a minnigun jeep and shot up the whole convoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

What are your main issues having played the beta?

Using this as an excuse to list off my problems with the CB: Theres constant desync issues (people not where they should be, character models teleporting around or sometimes simply floating next to vehicles), vehicle physics are terrible, the gunplay feels vague and unpleasant, and the one boss fight in the demo feels like it throws away makes makes the game work (open area with multiple potential approaches) by forcing you into a series of small rooms connected by a single hallway which makes me worry the rest of the boss fights will follow suit.

• Locked thread