Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lmao @ all these scrubs who aren't peering through a sextant and looking at a sundial while they ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lmao @ all these scrubs who aren't peering through a sextant and looking at a sundial while they ride

I mean, sure, if you are only a fair weather rider. :rolleyes:

Also... nice post.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Wanting a clock on your bike isn't crazy you weirdo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I bought a handlebar clamp analog clock for my 56 BMW. I didn't get the original aftermarket mechanical hand-wind Kienzle motorcycle clock because they go for a couple thousand dollars.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

big money big clit posted:

Wanting a clock on your bike isn't crazy you weirdo

It's downright certifiable.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coydog posted:

It's downright certifiable.

I have somewhere to be at a specific time, but I think I'll leave early to enjoy riding around for a little while, but I'll definitely want to stop every five minutes to check the time on my phone because that's the kind of relaxing, low stress enjoyment that makes riding so fun.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Actually it pisses me off when bikes dont have clocks. It was like my number one complaint with the bandit

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

big money big clit posted:

I have somewhere to be at a specific time, but I think I'll leave early to enjoy riding around for a little while, but I'll definitely want to stop every five minutes to check the time on my phone because that's the kind of relaxing, low stress enjoyment that makes riding so fun.

I thought they didn't allow the mentally ill to ride motorcycles? (Harley/Buell excluded)

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Actually it pisses me off when bikes dont have clocks. It was like my number one complaint with the bandit

If it's so easy to just put one on there with aftermarket, why is this such a big deal? Your bandit could have had several.

Just imagine, a handlebar wall to wall with little clocks, each showing a different time zone.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 3, 2017

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What year?

My '09 model has one.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

No man, just like feel out the time with sand and sun and stuff

You totally have time to hit the ups store before your lunch break is over

Renal_lightfoot
Dec 31, 2016

Testicles
Why do I need a clock when I've got a digital watch?

Also, yeah. I haven't been the most frequent rider up until now. Just cuz I want a bigger one doesn't mean I'm going to get it immediatly. Planning on taking a trip down to Tucson (I'm in phoenix) pretty soon just to enjoy the ride.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Carth Dookie posted:

What year?

My '09 model has one.

Mine was a 2000, back when they had fully analog meters and odometers

I mean, my 87 Elite 250 has a clock, come on.

I replaced the Bandit with a Drz-SM and replaced that with a Versys and replaced that with an SV, all of which have had clocks so I've clearly learned my lesson.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
I would trade the clock on my zx6r for a fuel gauge.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Get you a bike that can do both.

I just go by mileage for the fuel.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

I would trade the clock on my zx6r for a fuel gauge.

Change that to GSXR and I'm with ya.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I feel like you're not missing much with no fuel gauge. The gauge on my old Bandit was a guess at best, and my old GSXR and the SV both just have lights (solid for "hey maybe think about getting gas" and flashing for "get gas now dummy")

Unless you're the type to get range anxiety, gauges aren't super useful in my experience. What I did on the Elte, which has a gauge, but is again a rough estimate, is I strapped a small gas can to the back and ran it until it ran dry, then gassed it up and drove to a gas station. I know now that 120 miles give or take is my hard limit on the Elite and I gauge it off the trip meter.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 4, 2017

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Get you a bike that can do both.

I just go by mileage for the fuel.

On my Buell you had to toggle between the trip meter and clock, blegh.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

One of my bikes has a busted petcock pipe, so the "reserve" is around three miles' worth of gas. You need to be very very careful to watch the trip odometer.

My other bike has a busted trip odometer, so you just ride until it hits reserve and then find a gas station, no planning allowed.

s'cool

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
i just ride on reserve and know to fill up before 130mi or else its digging into the rotopax.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
I just use one trip meter to check when I definitely, absolutely need to change my oil and use my other one for gas. Works fine. Started with a KLR doing that and I feel like it helps pace long trips.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I just use the range number on the guages?

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
My RC390 has a decent fuel gauge, a gear indicator, a clock, back-lit controls so you can see the markings in the dark and it's a cheap bike especially compared to my MV.

For the price it's awesome but my one real complaint is that the tank is a thimble.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Yuns posted:

My RC390 has a decent fuel gauge, a gear indicator, a clock, back-lit controls so you can see the markings in the dark and it's a cheap bike especially compared to my MV.

For the price it's awesome but my one real complaint is that the tank is a thimble.

I've got the Duke 390 and my only complaint is that the tank is just a bit too small. On the 2017 models the tank is slightly larger.
Though i didn't realize the tank capacity on the RC is even smaller. Holy crap how do you go anywhere on only 10 liters of fuel? The Duke has at least 12, and the 2017 get a bump to 13.5.
It looks like for the RC 390 you get less fuel if the numbers I found are correct, down to 9.5 liters.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I hate Minnesota :(

I miss my FZ. Everything sucks.

gently caress Winter.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TheFonz posted:

I hate Minnesota :(

I miss my FZ. Everything sucks.

gently caress Winter.

:same:

I'm counting the days till daylight savings/spring to put an end to this hell-season

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

From last weekend in Central CA

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

spouse and i went to lake berryessa. almost filled to the gloryhole.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Worth keeping an eye on it here.. The spillway hasn't overflowed in more than a decade but next week's rains might just put it over the top! Definitely worth a trip up there for the instagram post at least

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

cursedshitbox posted:

spouse and i went to lake berryessa. almost filled to the gloryhole.

Spouse short

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Still taller than me!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Bitch pls

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

m42 is the shortest of them all, it's true

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What is it with all the horse jockeys in CA?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
My wife can't flatfoot a Grom (no euphemisms here), and can barely even get on a Scrambler Ducati by Ducati Lifestyle without help.

We were just at the moto show in Chicago, and many of the bikes were in those rigid stands, so she was able to throw a leg over them. I got a picture of her sitting on a 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

captainOrbital posted:

Scrambler Ducati by Ducati Lifestyle
They're about the same as a small Monster it seems. What annoys me is they're making a 400cc Scrambler, and it's exactly the same as all the others, same height, same engine, just sleeved down. Why even bother? European licensing laws I guess. Short people are just not allowed to ride bikes. Except Pedrosa.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015
I finally got my license and bought a bike....2016 Kawasaki Vulcan 900. I like to tinker and upgrade stuff so I've done:
-V&H Twin Slash Exhaust
-Cobra Powrpro Air intake
-Cobra Powrflo Black Magic Computer Thingie

I only have about 700 miles so far but I'm loving it.....getting stuff together to do some camping with friends! :)

I hope metric cruisers are welcome here :ohdear:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Looks nice man. Good job wearing a full face with that lol

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The benefit of marrying a woman taller than me is that hopefully my children don't have to suffer from my freakish deformity as well :(

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 14, 2017

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

A MIRACLE posted:

Looks nice man. Good job wearing a full face with that lol

Thanks!!
And yeah looking at motorcycle accident statistics and brain trauma and all of the other stuff, no way I'd wear less than a full face. Calculated risks and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

torturemyballs posted:

I finally got my license and bought a bike....2016 Kawasaki Vulcan 900.

I hope metric cruisers are welcome here :ohdear:
Hey fellow metric cruiser rider and full-face helmet wearer. Good for you on both counts. I've had a Vulcan S for about a year now and enjoy it. We can swap tales of getting the cold shoulder from Harley riders wearing skid lids.