Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Dabir posted:

Harmless ones are.

I had one up to Deadly.

He still spent 90% of his time jacking off and not on target.

As soon as you agro anything with a railgun he would get rail sniped and instagibbed.

After having him leach 20M from me I finally fired him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Xae posted:

He still spent 90% of his time jacking off and not on target.

I've got some bad news for you if you think goons are going to do any better

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Even trash can pilots make good distractions hth

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Does anyone have an up to date guide on Engineers for idiots? I want to hot rod my FAS but everything about the process seems so daunting to me and the only guides I've found are six months old at least :downs:

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Capn Beeb posted:

Does anyone have an up to date guide on Engineers for idiots? I want to hot rod my FAS but everything about the process seems so daunting to me and the only guides I've found are six months old at least :downs:

Well, not much has changed really. Some new engineers and the commodity requirements are temporarily gone right now (making engineering 100x easier). If you're not on the discord get on since there's a whole channel for engineering talk/support and guides there.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Capn Beeb posted:

Literally what I used http://inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
How do I define a gaming w,? It's the type of gamer who turns and burns through several games a year, plowing through features, and platinum-ing/maxing out their stats and their equipment set, grinding through multiplayer with their clan until they move on to ravage the next shot of gaming heroin the industry offers up to them, trenchcoat held open, "...I got your newest-latest FPS over here, son...$59.99, unless you want that deluxe, kid...that;s gonna cost you double..."

I want Frontier to treat E:D differently, and, so far, from the most part, they have.

They have stayed committed to what I consider to be ELITE fundamentals...you are not the hero in your everyday gameplay. There will be rare moments to be heroic, to be cowardly, to be greedy, to be Samaritan, but for the most part the Milky Way simply is the big dog, and we are appropriately diminished as we make our hyperspatial way here and there...

Their Stellar Forge approach to both galactic formation, astronomical accuracy and background simulation has focused on accuracy and conservatism, again locating players as participants in wider momentums and not central to much, making those difference-making moments rare and significant (and also preventing the 14-year olds from making this EVE Online, and ting on the relatively equitable experience any player can have with any other player).

Their commitment to gameplay began, correctly IMO, with an outstanding flight model, best in the business, and sound architecture second to none.

But now...we're seeing them start to have undue influence...the "I want everything now" crowd.

We're seeing it in Frontier's design acquiescence to their expediency in 2.3 Multi-Crew, and I worry that we'll see it going forward.

Understand this: all that giving in to that lobby will do is continue to generate the things that allow them to burn through this game with the ignorant speed with which they do most of their games...and then, they will leave.

They WILL leave...on to their next hit, their next twitchy stimulus.

And those that came to see ELITE be ELITE will be left with a design evolution they TOO can't value, and we might leave.

---

So, if the turn-and-burners are going to leave anyway, I ask Frontier to continue to develop the game for the long-term...to commit, authentically, again to a game that trends heavily in the direction of space sim where it can. Multi-crew is a great example. Of course you should meet at a station to crew up. It only makes sense. Of course their shouldn't be instant crewing in this universe.

Unless you are catering to the crowd of gamers that won't be here over the long-term anyway...

If you embrace the folks that want to inhabit this universe until its digital heat-death...challenge yourself to make the better design decision here, Frontier.

Here, and everywhere going forward. We want a sim that strives, everywhere it can, to simulate us living in this world, and making our way.

Don't give in to the gamers. They won't be here over the mid- to long-term no matter what you do

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

How do I define a gaming w,? It's the type of gamer who turns and burns through several games a year, plowing through features, and platinum-ing/maxing out their stats and their equipment set, grinding through multiplayer with their clan until they move on to ravage the next shot of gaming heroin the industry offers up to them, trenchcoat held open, "...I got your newest-latest FPS over here, son...$59.99, unless you want that deluxe, kid...that;s gonna cost you double..."

I want Frontier to treat E:D differently, and, so far, from the most part, they have.

They have stayed committed to what I consider to be ELITE fundamentals...you are not the hero in your everyday gameplay. There will be rare moments to be heroic, to be cowardly, to be greedy, to be Samaritan, but for the most part the Milky Way simply is the big dog, and we are appropriately diminished as we make our hyperspatial way here and there...

Their Stellar Forge approach to both galactic formation, astronomical accuracy and background simulation has focused on accuracy and conservatism, again locating players as participants in wider momentums and not central to much, making those difference-making moments rare and significant (and also preventing the 14-year olds from making this EVE Online, and ting on the relatively equitable experience any player can have with any other player).

Their commitment to gameplay began, correctly IMO, with an outstanding flight model, best in the business, and sound architecture second to none.

But now...we're seeing them start to have undue influence...the "I want everything now" crowd.

We're seeing it in Frontier's design acquiescence to their expediency in 2.3 Multi-Crew, and I worry that we'll see it going forward.

Understand this: all that giving in to that lobby will do is continue to generate the things that allow them to burn through this game with the ignorant speed with which they do most of their games...and then, they will leave.

They WILL leave...on to their next hit, their next twitchy stimulus.

And those that came to see ELITE be ELITE will be left with a design evolution they TOO can't value, and we might leave.

---

So, if the turn-and-burners are going to leave anyway, I ask Frontier to continue to develop the game for the long-term...to commit, authentically, again to a game that trends heavily in the direction of space sim where it can. Multi-crew is a great example. Of course you should meet at a station to crew up. It only makes sense. Of course their shouldn't be instant crewing in this universe.

Unless you are catering to the crowd of gamers that won't be here over the long-term anyway...

If you embrace the folks that want to inhabit this universe until its digital heat-death...challenge yourself to make the better design decision here, Frontier.

Here, and everywhere going forward. We want a sim that strives, everywhere it can, to simulate us living in this world, and making our way.

Don't give in to the gamers. They won't be here over the mid- to long-term no matter what you do

Counter: As there is no monthly subscription fee for this game, who gives a poo poo if people "turn and burn"? Haven't they already paid for the game? And as far as people leaving I wonder how many people have bought Elite, played for a week, then realized they need to dedicate far more time to it than they ever can provide and stopped playing? People with families and jobs can't usually dump 30 hours a week in to a game. Plus this is the age of limited attention spans...I'm thirsty

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

TheKeeper posted:

Counter: As there is no monthly subscription fee for this game, who gives a poo poo if people "turn and burn"? Haven't they already paid for the game? And as far as people leaving I wonder how many people have bought Elite, played for a week, then realized they need to dedicate far more time to it than they ever can provide and stopped playing? People with families and jobs can't usually dump 30 hours a week in to a game. Plus this is the age of limited attention spans...I'm thirsty

Counter-counter: He didn't source his quote, but it definitely was not :nallears: who wrote that.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

That's pretty neat, but I'm looking for more like a starting point kinda guide. Would I need another ship to go shopping, which one is ideal, things to avoid, etc.

Edit:

Are the upgrades unlocked universe wide at every shipyard, or do I have to drag my heavy rear end FAS out to each engineer for them to do their stuff?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 5, 2017

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

We might have hit the most 84'er post ever posted.

quote:

Ironic that the people who really need to 'get' this message never saw that movie...

And herein lies the fundamental issue - the generation gap between the over 40's that remember how long the original game took to even load from magnetic tape (about 30 mins) or load their save (about 10 mins), vs the millenials who, through no real fault of their own, find themselves in an insta-gratification society.

It's been said that humans are unlikely to make it out into space in any meaningful way until some major cataclysm drives the species close enough to extinction to reinstate a sense of appreciation for the survivors. We're unlikely to resolve that difference in a single online experience, the grandkids are a completely different market.

Reading a book like "The Richest Man in Babylon" by George S Classon might help steer us away from global financial suicide but that would rely on adequate literacy. Some people DO have patience, empathy and compassion for others and despite labeling themselves 'anti-social' might enjoy multiplay IF they knew who they could trust.

Might it not be time more wisely spent to implement a system whereby grandad can distinguish the really obnoxious PKKers from those in his own demographic? We appear to have two communities with irreconcilable differences in play style. Those who wish their rebuy count was still zero, but won't reset it, and those who don't care...

People won't play nicely together when there is no respect. Can we have that?

The movie they're referring to is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I dunno :allears: had a pretty good one

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

TheKeeper posted:

As there is no monthly subscription fee for this game, who gives a poo poo if people "turn and burn"?

It's far from unique to ED, but there's a long-standing idea that somehow the turboautists who post this stuff are what make the game good. Any time something fun (or a reduction in suffering) gets introduced it will attract the wrong kinds of people. This dilutes the true fans who know that life is just begging Braben to step on your nuts repeatedly. The quoting books and talking about Kids These Days(c) is just to show their credentials as erudite gentlemen.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Capn Beeb posted:

That's pretty neat, but I'm looking for more like a starting point kinda guide. Would I need another ship to go shopping, which one is ideal, things to avoid, etc.

Edit:

Are the upgrades unlocked universe wide at every shipyard, or do I have to drag my heavy rear end FAS out to each engineer for them to do their stuff?

Yes.

You're also going to want a dedicated explorer, a dedicated miner, a dedicated trader and a dedicated combat ship at various points.

It's a multi-month grind. Work on Farseer first because getting a longer jump range makes everything better.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
And if you get burned out on loving around with Engineers at least by doing Farseer or Martuuk first you get a massive quality of life improvement.

e:

quote:

Alternatively stick the modules you want to modify into your storage, ship them out to the engineer, modify them, then ship them back to where you have your heavy short jump range ships.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 5, 2017

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I just started on the engineer stuff recently, I'm only up to FSD 4 with Elvira Martuuk. So far that meant driving around in my space buggy and shooting rocks for a while, hanging out at a busy station and scanning high wakes for another while and several other whiles refreshing mission boards looking for the components for the FSD recipes.

So far I have four ships with FSD 3 and it's already made travel much more convenient, it's taking a while but I don't play very much these days. For the payoff it didn't feel like a lot of work at all, really. I'm just looking at it one step at a time.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I'd also argue that The Dweller is a priority; Power Distributors basically dictate modifiers to the shield strength of your ship, your speed, your boost rate, AND how long you can fire your energy weapons for, and even a class 3 Charge Enhanced Power Distributor can have a massive impact.

The above made my FDL able to sustain constant fire for its quartet of Medium Burst Lasers for about a minute before one of the four even started getting occasionally cycled out.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

adamantium|wang posted:

And if you get burned out on loving around with Engineers at least by doing Farseer or Martuuk first you get a massive quality of life improvement.

e:

Alternatively stick the modules you want to modify into your storage, ship them out to the engineer, modify them, then ship them back to where you have your heavy short jump range ships.

Oh neat, I didn't know you could ship things around.

Can we still not call in bounties to far off territories though? :v:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Capn Beeb posted:

Can we still not call in bounties to far off territories though? :v:

You can, but you need a station with an interstellar contact and you only get 75%.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Breetai posted:

I'd also argue that The Dweller is a priority; Power Distributors basically dictate modifiers to the shield strength of your ship, your speed, your boost rate, AND how long you can fire your energy weapons for, and even a class 3 Charge Enhanced Power Distributor can have a massive impact.

The above made my FDL able to sustain constant fire for its quartet of Medium Burst Lasers for about a minute before one of the four even started getting occasionally cycled out.

:agreed:

A class 5 charge enhanced power distributor and efficient burst lasers really is something else.

4 pips to weapons becomes a memory.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Krycek posted:

You can, but you need a station with an interstellar contact and you only get 75%.

Oh poo poo I was being silly, that's what I've been wanting for ages and even suggested there being a long distance handling fee. Nice, nice.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Capn Beeb posted:

Edit:

Start by picking up materiel's dropped by dead ships, get the rare ones as well as the common ones, don't grind at it just scoop all the stuff while your shields recharge and you make money from the bounties. Go driving and collect lots of bits from low range scanner signals. Do this till you can't carry anymore each drop is now worth 3 so it's fairly easy. Scan all ships by targeting them to get data in super-cruise and normal space.

1 Look at Inara for the grade 5 blueprint you want ignore the rest, long range FSD makes life better in every ship and makes upgrading them easier.

2 Check you have the stuff needed for that blueprint, Inara tells you how to get them all.

3 Unlock and go to the engineer who does that blue print and look at all the possible upgrades for things you don't want, but that you have a surplus of bits for.

4 Equip something that fits that criteria, repeatedly upgrade it but discard the upgrades until you reach rank 5, now get the upgrade you actually want.

5 Don't wait for the best ever roll, just take a good one and adjust it spending rep to buy experimental mods if you like, then repeat stage 3/4 to get back to grade 5 this only takes a few high rated upgrades.

The higher the rank of the upgrade the more rep it gets you. Unmodified stuff generally gets a roll with high good and bad effects, this is still a good thing overall, don't sit and re-roll expecting the mods of the gods. Doing multiple ships either put the stuff in storage and transfer it to a shipyard near the engineer or transfer the ship if you have the cash. You won't fit big ship stuff in a little ship so take your big ship if you are transferring the modules for upgrade.

Enjoy your super fast hard as nails cool running death chariot.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Start by picking up materiel's dropped by dead ships, get the rare ones as well as the common ones, don't grind at it just scoop all the stuff while your shields recharge and you make money from the bounties. Go driving and collect lots of bits from low range scanner signals. Do this till you can't carry anymore each drop is now worth 3 so it's fairly easy. Scan all ships by targeting them to get data in super-cruise and normal space.

1 Look at Inara for the grade 5 blueprint you want ignore the rest, long range FSD makes life better in every ship and makes upgrading them easier.

2 Check you have the stuff needed for that blueprint, Inara tells you how to get them all.

3 Unlock and go to the engineer who does that blue print and look at all the possible upgrades for things you don't want, but that you have a surplus of bits for.

4 Equip something that fits that criteria, repeatedly upgrade it but discard the upgrades until you reach rank 5, now get the upgrade you actually want.

5 Don't wait for the best ever roll, just take a good one and adjust it spending rep to buy experimental mods if you like, then repeat stage 3/4 to get back to grade 5 this only takes a few high rated upgrades.

The higher the rank of the upgrade the more rep it gets you. Unmodified stuff generally gets a roll with high good and bad effects, this is still a good thing overall, don't sit and re-roll expecting the mods of the gods. Doing multiple ships either put the stuff in storage and transfer it to a shipyard near the engineer or transfer the ship if you have the cash. You won't fit big ship stuff in a little ship so take your big ship if you are transferring the modules for upgrade.

Enjoy your super fast hard as nails cool running death chariot.

Neato!

Less neato: A single enemy AI just gutted my FAS. All weapons down, chaff wasted, drive nearly dead, sensors toast so I floated around at a station until I found the repair/reboot function.

This is uhh... not quite as I remember. Could hold my own last I played instead of coughing up $75k in repairs after a $30k bounty. :geno:

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Capn Beeb posted:

Neato!

Less neato: A single enemy AI just gutted my FAS. All weapons down, chaff wasted, drive nearly dead, sensors toast so I floated around at a station until I found the repair/reboot function.

This is uhh... not quite as I remember. Could hold my own last I played instead of coughing up $75k in repairs after a $30k bounty. :geno:

Face tanking space turret is no longer a survivable strategy even for big engineered ships, constantly thrust up or down and to the side (both at once diagonal evasion with some roll thrown in is good) to avoid fire from the front, use thrust to stay behind as much as you can, up to close the gap and shrink your turning circle, down to widen the gap and keep him in your sights, FA off turn if he's right behind you and reverse tank anything small that's running rings round you. Pick fights from behind at close range with the power plant already targeted, and don't take on wings unless you can easily do them all. Hit the power plant even on smaller targets. A dirty drive makes all this much easier.

Pinch kills from the space police.

If you are combat elite from the old days when NPC's just sat there and took it consider asking support to reset your combat rank tell them you took a break and the NPC's are now too good for you but you don't want to reset your save, this will downgrade the enemies you face. But people might tease you about it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Face tanking space turret is no longer a survivable strategy even for big engineered ships, constantly thrust up or down and to the side (both at once diagonal evasion with some roll thrown in is good) to avoid fire from the front, use thrust to stay behind as much as you can, up to close the gap and shrink your turning circle, down to widen the gap and keep him in your sights, FA off turn if he's right behind you and reverse tank anything small that's running rings round you. Pick fights from behind at close range with the power plant already targeted, and don't take on wings unless you can easily do them all. Hit the power plant even on smaller targets. A dirty drive makes all this much easier.

If you are combat elite from the old days when NPC's just sat there and took it consider asking support to reset your combat rank tell them you took a break and the NPC's are now too good for you but you don't want to reset your save, this will downgrade the enemies you face. But people might tease you about it.

Yeah that's how I was fighting a while back; pre-select the power plant, get in close and ride their rear end. Worked fairly well even on wings most of the time, but a solo FAS punched my own tonight and suddenly all my weapons are toast and and he's got dumbfire missiles that negate my chaff even if it wasn't crippled, welp.

Kinda feeling I need those engineer upgrades if I want to get back to where I was.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Fas and all honesty any hull tank build will die easily against missiles. Missiles got a massive buff in 2.1 that made hull tanking worthless because the explosive damage affects your weapons and sub modules. It's exactly what happened to you.

The way to go around this is either point defense, not being in front, or modding to make modules stronger. Personally I'd just not be in front.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the old hull tanking FAS builds really died in engineers. I don't think they're viable even with the new module reinforcement... uh, modules, but YMMV.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

:laffo: at the 84'ers talking about the ~14 year olds from eve online~

Eve is mostly populated by 40 year old IT people and unemployed milhist nerds. The 84 crew would fit right in (if they could bear dying in a game ever).

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

Yeah the old hull tanking FAS builds really died in engineers. I don't think they're viable even with the new module reinforcement... uh, modules, but YMMV.

This post makes me laugh silently, because I've always put point defense on all my ships, so even buffed missiles is not what I fear. The real problems where alsways plasma and rail guns. Fixed, with aim bot NPCs never missing a shot, regardless of what you are doing. The deaths resulting from that bullshit gave me nightmares.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
r

Strategic Tea posted:

:laffo: at the 84'ers talking about the ~14 year olds from eve online~

Eve is mostly populated by 40 year old IT people and unemployed milhist nerds. The 84 crew would fit right in (if they could bear dying in a game ever).

Oh my Lort, Brown Sea grognards in eve would just be a different class of NPC. These are the same people who want to act out their bizarre revenge-fantasies in Star Citizen because of some poo poo that happened to them on the Jita undock ten years ago...

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

r

Oh my Lort, Brown Sea grognards in eve would just be a different class of NPC. These are the same people who want to act out their bizarre revenge-fantasies in Star Citizen because of some poo poo that happened to them on the Jita undock ten years ago...

Maybe that's what the new EVE update referring to "enhanced npc activity" was referring to :v:

For all the flak EVE gets, there's something to be said about the adrenaline rush / panic sweat that hits when one jumps through a gate and finds a screen full of red on the other side.

Zest fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 5, 2017

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I just started playing again after not touching this for a long time and whereas before NPCs would just corkscrew in place while I shot them to death, now enemy NPCs boost away from me, stop, turn 180 degrees on a dime, and then tank all of my shots while blowing up my windshield. Dogfights end up like jousting, which wouldn't be a problem except they out-DPS me by far every time. I've got a vulture with 5B thrusters (haven't found 5A) and I can't figure out how to outmaneuver them. I try to get behind them and tail them, but every time they just do the magic 180 and start blasting me apart again.

Now I let the cops shoot them until their shields go down and then steal kills and it's the only way I can take out an enemy NPC that's in a ship bigger than an Eagle.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Bilal posted:

I just started playing again after not touching this for a long time and whereas before NPCs would just corkscrew in place while I shot them to death, now enemy NPCs boost away from me, stop, turn 180 degrees on a dime, and then tank all of my shots while blowing up my windshield. Dogfights end up like jousting, which wouldn't be a problem except they out-DPS me by far every time. I've got a vulture with 5B thrusters (haven't found 5A) and I can't figure out how to outmaneuver them. I try to get behind them and tail them, but every time they just do the magic 180 and start blasting me apart again.

Now I let the cops shoot them until their shields go down and then steal kills and it's the only way I can take out an enemy NPC that's in a ship bigger than an Eagle.

FA off. you can turn on a dime in a vulture.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I just got to half way to the neutron star and I already regret being suckered by the $50 million spacebucks reward on this 20Ly vacation quest in my 35Ly FSD asp explorer.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
I'm still pretty new. What are the sparkles that is a defensive thing that stops you from locking on with gimbals called? Is there any way to neutralize it other than fixed mounts?

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

WetSpink posted:

I'm still pretty new. What are the sparkles that is a defensive thing that stops you from locking on with gimbals called? Is there any way to neutralize it other than fixed mounts?

Chaff, god damned glitter shitters.

You wait it out. Or you can untarget them and use your weapons like fixed until the chaff stops.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Looking forward to multicrew in a corvette.

All the fighters. All the turrets.

:getin:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Natsuumi posted:

god damned glitter shitters

this is now in-universe military slang :colbert:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Alehkhs posted:

Looking forward to multicrew in a corvette.

All the fighters. All the turrets.

:getin:

Think they'll put in class 4 turrets?

If they don't I think the Corvette gunner will be kind of under whelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Fas and all honesty any hull tank build will die easily against missiles. Missiles got a massive buff in 2.1 that made hull tanking worthless because the explosive damage affects your weapons and sub modules. It's exactly what happened to you.

The way to go around this is either point defense, not being in front, or modding to make modules stronger. Personally I'd just not be in front.

So should I drop my 3C multicannon for a missile rack? Right now I've got one of those, two medium multis, and a medium beam laser. Also, how common are materials for synthesizing missiles in a hazres? Would be neat to refill without having to fly back to base.

With all these changes to the AI, I'm kinda wondering if a 360 pad just isn't enough to keep up with them anymore. I've had this Thrustmaster in an amazon list for a while, maybe it's time to upgrade :v:

• Locked thread